Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

moody
When is the best time to brush your teeth?
Is it bad to brush them straight away after you've eaten?
Additional Details
i brush them 6 times a day but will it ruin my gums or someting from brushing too much?

starla_c
Dentists recommend three times per day. Morning, noon and evening. It is not bad to brush right after eating.

stick man
Rating
In the morning, after meals and before bed.

painfully_honest
Rating
No, but you should brush them when you wake up and definately before you go to sleep.

rolled oats
after meals

Rebecca T
Rating
no its not going to kill u

presh
Rating
yes you will damage the gums and the teeth...........brush 2 times a day morning and night, with soft or medium multitufted toothbrush......not an electric one.....use a fluoride toothpaste. brush with vertical strokes all around the mouth especially on the insides of the tooth where your tongue touches. spend about 5 mins atleast. after you have brushed just 1 gentle rinse with water......mind you no more than 1. leave the toothpaste inside the mouth it works very well to reduce decay. after than in half and hour use a mouthwash and after spitting the mouthwash out dont rinse with water. use a floss or teepee brush once a week and go to a dentist once a year. if you have any decay ispite of this I will treat you for free

smmrbrz
Rating
At least 3x a day and floss between eating meals.

mary jane
first thing in the morning, nothing as bad as morning breath, if possible brush after every meal with a soft toothbrush and always brush before bed

apple84
I think 6 time a day is too much- you will eventually strip the enamel coating from your teeth. I read that it is good to bruch your teeth before you eat breakfast as it protects your teeth from what you are about to eat.

Angelia S
Rating
If you could only brush one time a day it is defiantly before bed because you are not moving your mouth which produces saliva to wash away bacteria that causes tooth decay.asRDA

clairelou_lane
Before you eat is the best time to brush them

John
Rating
I brush mine once a day, in the morning... Probably should do it more but i use a firm brush and don't want damage the enamel.
Unless I'm on a promise ;o)

Just morning and night would be best.

spoofred
after every meal to stop the plaque building up, i think 6 times in one day is a bit extreme and will cost u a fortune on toothpaste

ate008
NO, it is best to brush your teeth within 10 to 15 minutes of eating or drinking, especially food or drink with sugar. Most of the damage is done within the first 20 minutes.

Emily E
6 times may be too much, you could be wearing down the enamel. brushing after each meal is sufficient. always use a soft toothbrush and flossing is very important, too!

ya girl
after each meal, but most people just brush them when they wake up and before they go to bed.

Mr Sandman
Rating
Right before a torrid love-making session

oliveirasgirl2000
after every meal, but usually after breakfast, and before bed.

Diana
Rating
After each meal and before bed. Don't forget to floss.

?
after you eat in the morning and at night

Ask Me
You don't want to brush them to much or to hard. If you do you can harm your teeth and gums. Usually twice a day or after every meal is enough. If you are worried about your breath get some sugar free mints or gum.

Nicky
morning and night - more than that can cause problems as too much flouride can cause tooth decay. It is not a bad thing to brush them after foods such as sweets and sugary puds as it reduces the acid in the mouth.

angelinyourdreams99_us
morning, night and after meals i say is normal. 6 times is a bit obessive dont ya think

Eugene
Brushing after everytime you eta is best.

BeC
Rating
That's probably the best time!! But really - I have no dental background so I don't know for sure. Just logical thinking.

blue
Rating
It's fantastic that you brush right after you've eaten. If you have time to brush 6 times a day, that's great. BUT dentists advise you to use a SOFT brush, to avoid gum damage. Plus, the method of brushing is important to avoid gum damage. Don't brush back and forth, do brush softly up and down and in small circles. The usual advice is morning, noon, and night, or after each main meal.

hehmommy
Rating
Well if you have the time then I say after meals, but most dentists will tell you once on the morning and in the evening before you go to bed is enough to keep healthy teeth. It is most important to thouroughly floss before bedtime too. This is even more important than brushing. Flossing gets under the teeth and misses all the junk that brushes do.

psych_78
Rating
It's ok to brush them 6 times a day so long as you don't brush too hard as you will erode your gums and also possible the enamel! As for brushing after meals I do not suggest that. I was in the dentist the other day reading a leaflet which was about acid erosion and basically it says not to brush your teeth straight after a meal because the acid softens the enamel and thus if you brush your teeth straight after a meal you're more like to erode the enamel. The leaflet says you should wait at least 30-40 mins after eating if you wish to brush your teeth after meals.

TC
6 times a day is too much. You could wear away your tooth enamel and this will actually make you more likely to get decay. Be sure to use the softest bristle brush you can.

Brush your teeth only after eating. If you have such OCD that you feel terrified about the state of your mouth between meals, use an antiseptic mouthwash instead of brushing yet again. Be sure to use floss so that your brushings really count.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS: THERE ARE ALWAYS BACTERIA IN THE MOUTH. WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO IS TO LET ALL THESE BACTERIA FESTER AND GROW WHILE YOU SLEEP. YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG BRUSHING AFTER YOU EAT, BUT YOU MUST NOT FORGET TO BRUSH BEFORE BEDTIME. 3 TIMES PER DAY IS BEST.2 TIMES A DAY IS MORE PRACTICALFOR MOST PEOPLE.

Hisham
Rating
@ night, before bed!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy