Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Chewing gum with braces...?
What would happen if I chew gum with braces??Will anyone else notice I was chewing gum??
Thanks =]...

How do you know if u need braces?

Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥...

What colors should i get for my braces?
ok i am going to the orthodontist soon for like the one millionth time and i need color suggestions!
the color combos i already used were:
pink and black
orange and green
red and ...

When is the best time to brush your teeth?
Is it bad to brush them straight away after you've eaten?
Additional Details
i brush them 6 times a day but will it ruin my gums ...

Is this going to permanentley damage my teeth forever!?
I know it sound stupid, but I filed my front teeth down w/ a nail file. I didn't do it hard or for very long, but I looked in the mirror and the bumpy ridges on the bottom of my teeth (which ...

How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

Are you afraid of going to the dentist?

Straight after you brush your teeth, do you look in the mirror and smile at yourself?

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

lil t
Every body wants me to get braces but i dont and i admit that i have crocked teeth what should i do?

Additional Details
well the 5th tooth from the left on bottom jaw is growin behind my 4th and 6th tooth and my bottom teeth are stickin 7mm out in frount of my top teeth and a couple of teeth are stickin out but nothing noticeable

londonletch
Rating
MY DAUGHTER IS NEARLY 15 AND HAS BRACES AND SO DO MANY OF HER FRIENDS YOU CAN HAVE THEM IN DIFFERENT COLOURS SO GO FOR IT AND CHANGE THE COLOURS EVERYTIME YOU GO YOU CAN HAVE FUN NOW AND GREAT TEATH WHEN YOUR OLDER.

Demun
Rating
Get braces or you are going to have a snaggle toothed smile when you get older

Tom B
You will regret it later in life if you don't get those braces.you must be a child who cares about what people think.if you don't get them now when you have someone to pay for them,it might be hard for you later to pay for them yourself later.GET THE BRACES.you have to make sacrifices in life ,this is an easy one. wait till later on when sacrifices get tough.then you will see about grown up life.I wish you the best.

Melody L
Well, it depends on how comfortable you are with your teeth. If you like them the way they are, and don't want to deal with braces, then I guess that's your call.

But just know that your teeth will only continue to become more crooked. If you don't like your teeth now, you will HATE them in time!

And if you have parents who are willing and able to pay for braces, get them. You'll be glad you did.

good luck, Mel

Flick J
If you don't want them for cosmetic reasons, they can now put them on the backs of yer teeth so they aren't visible, or you could think about invisalign, which is like a clear plastic shield. These are a bit more pricey, but probably worth it in the long run.

Seoul Brother
Rating
If you have crocodile teeth I don't think braces will help.

Lindsay
Do you NEED to get braces? My brother had to get braces when he was younger, the way his front teeth were growing in were going to damage the back teeth.

I have crooked teeth but getting braces isn't a necessity.

If you're comfortable with the way you look and you don't have to get braces then I wouldn't!

lost2day
Rating
If someone is willing to pay for them,BY ALL MEANS GET THEM!! Take advantage of the fact that your appearance will be better. So many people out there need braces and can`t afford them. Braces are $6000 Canadian!!There is a teenage girl I know who desperately needs braces, ( kids call her beaver), her parents can`t afford them.

Fast & Furious
Get them. If you are worried about them because your'e at school - Don't worry - its more important to have good straight teeth for later in life. I'm sure you will not be the only one with them.

The Original Highbury Gal
Get them fitted while your still young enough, if you leave it for another couple of years your jaw will have changed shape and you'll kind of grow into your face (hope that makes sense) and the affect wont be as good.
Braces these days are no where near as horrific looking as they used to be and you can get clear bands.
Crooked teeth are also harder to clean, so you'd be doing your oral health a favour as well.
Go on give it a try, you know it makes sense!

funnelweb
Rating
They are your teeth, If you really don't want to have a brace and are happy with your teeth as they are that should be your choice. However, if your only reason for not wanting a brace is that you are afraid of the discomfort, it might be an idea to talk to the dentist, they will tell you what is involved and what the options are. Straight teeth that don't overlap are easier to keep clean. Have a think, write down all the for and against. Write down why you don't want to have a brace, and some reasons why having one would be good. By the way, who is 'everybody' and why are they so keen on you getting a brace? Both my eldest had braces fitted in their teens and they don't regret it, if you are worried it will make you look odd, don't, a lot of people have a brace in their teens, some older people feel they could have done with one and wish that their parents had arranged for them to get one. Think it over carefully.

Darby
Rating
Get braces when someon else will be paying for them. You'll be pleading for straight teeth in a few years.

EvelynMine
Rating
get them...a little discomfort now will have great rewards in the future

Bowllynn
Rating
Get braces. Braces are not a big deal to wear. You'll love how your teeth look and feel once they are straightened. Good luck.

mindshift
Rating
Your smile, the way your teeth look while you smile, makes a huge first impression. People will make decisions about you by how you look when they meet you. You could be forever passed over for certain types of jobs, and for promotions if your teeth are distractingly crooked.

There are different types of treatments that can be done to help straighten teeth. Some are less expensive than others. Do yourself a favor and talk to your dentist about your choices.

brainlady
Anything that improves the look of your teeth long term is worth persevering with. You won't have to wear the brace forever, but your teeth will be crooked forever without.

Lennon T
Come on get the braces. Both of my kids got braces and feel better about their appearance now. My son's teeth sort of protruded outward but now are exactly how they should be. The time will go by quickly and you'll be happy you decided to do it.

cheekybluebed
Rating
its up to you. but you may regret it later in life if you dont get them done now. also save you embarrassment of wearing them later on

pstzqueen
Rating
You need to get them straightened - it will only look worse otherwise when you are older. I had a brace, only for 15 months - it was a pain in the a** but the time goes quickly - you may not even need train tracks - I had a thin brace and lots of my friends did.

Linus
Get braces, and get them straightened now. A few years or embarrassment is better than a whole life of it.

latinprincessofthebk
get it done and thank everyone later for ur good looks....... no one wants to have a partner with messed up teeth

taskr36
I had the choice when I was younger and I wish I'd gotten them. My teeth were only slightly crooked so my parents let me choose and I said no. I'm 28 now and I really wish I'd gotten them. Over time my teeth got more crooked. My teeth aren't terrible, but trips to the dentist are much more painful now because the dentist has to work harder to clean between my teeth.

As a teenager, braces are pretty normal, trust me that it will be much harder for you if you have to get them as an adult.

damari_8
Get braces,it's only for a short time (1 to 2 years) If you leave them as they are, you will regret it lateron in life when you will have to pay a lot of money to have them.

Sof723
if you really think that your crooked teeth will bother you, then get the braces. if you don't now and later on you can't because of money or whatnot then you'll regret not getting them now. It feels nice to have straight teeth. yes it has its "complications" but you know what? It's for the better of your health and i bet you'll be happy you got them. i know i was. be adventurous. =) good luck.

psych_78
Rating
Well obviously it is your choice! How crooked are your teeth? Are you that bothered they are crooked? But from my own personal experience I would suggest you get them. I wasn't bothered by my crooked teeth when I was younger, but now that I am an adult I have become self-conscious of them and as a result I am now paying thousands of pounds to have braces. So I suggest you have them, you may regret it later. But then saying that, like I said you have to want to have them, you have to be prepared for the extra care your teeth will need when you do have braces on. It will definately be worth it though. If I could turn back time - I would have had braces when I was a teenager!!

richard_beckham2001
Rating
Go get them, just think how great your teeth are going to look, once they are straightened.

Elizabeth C
It is a personal choice, but having your teeth straightened is not just a cosmetic procedure. You might be at risk for other dental related problems in the future. Talk to your dentist about potential risks and then make a decision.

Jordan B
Rating
I had Braces and i do admit they hurt the first few nights, but once you get them off your teeth will look great!!

venus quality
It's your mouth and your choice but you should consider the fact that some people do make judgements about other based on appearance - it's not appropriate but it is a sad reality.

curious georgette
Rating
if you have the chance, get them...i didn't want them either as a teenager, thought I'd look like a dork, but now I'm 33 and my teeth are still not straight. I kick myself everyday for not taking the opportunity back then

HeatherS
Rating
Well lil t....one day you'll be a big t with crooked teeth. Do it now while your young because it's so much easier to move the teeth. You'll have to wear them a much longer time when your grown. We have quiet a few older (30's - 60's) patients having orthodontic work done, because they say it's their turn now. It will happen to you too one day. Crooked teeth can cause you serious problems with pain in your jaws called TMJ. Also worn teeth from grinding them due to the mal-alignment. They can even cause you to not get that job you may want later. You don't think so, employers look at your physical appearance as an asset to them. It's your first impression made when you walk in a room and smile, you'll be smiling with crooked teeth. Some people won't care what kind of personality you have because they won't give you the opportunity to show it. Our whole society is based on appearance, but to correct crooked teeth is different. It's a matter of dental health too. Crooked teeth promote dental decay because they are harder to floss, also the TMJ problems and grinding are just a few. Before you make a final decision on this why don't you talk with your dentist or the orthodontist about why and what will happen later with your dental condition. Get an outside opinion to help you decide. Good luck and I hope you'll reconsider.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy