Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

Are you afraid of going to the dentist?

Straight after you brush your teeth, do you look in the mirror and smile at yourself?

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

Ms Tracey Lyn
What is good for a toothache? I've used oragel and mouth wash, doen't work..any ideas?

crimson
Swish some whiskey around the area, but go to the dentist.

Kipper
Rating
Try Oil of Cloves.
You might have to look around for it a bit.
Ask for it at your neighborhood drug store.
If that don't have it in stock, they can probably order it for you.
You will be amazed, it will completely numb away your toothache.
It works like a miricle cure.

Shyswf
Hot salt water wash helps too. Or some wiskey on it.

ChrissyLicious
Rating
Try warm salt water! Swish it around for a few sec. like you would mouthwash!

eddie9551
take a tea bag and put it on the gum
You can also let some Listerine rest on it until it hits the root. If its an open cavity you can go to a pharmacy and pick up some temporary filling. Make sure the cavity is DRY and pack it firmly with the filling. Now be warned: this is not a cure because the root and tooth will keep rotting so in about 14 days you will be getting a HUGE infection!! No matter how you cut it you are heading to the dentist. But the filling will stop the pain for a little while.
Good luck!!
Eddie

mapleguy
Rating
Any good pain killer for temporary relief, but you really need to see a dentist soon before it gets infected.

dre
Rating
put perfume on the tooth, or any kind of alchohol
It calms the nerve which causing the pain

old dude
Rating
Whiskey is a temporary fix but get to the dentist before infection sets in and you lose the tooth!

balloon knot
Rating
Dentist

monica
Jack Daniels. Really, you probably need antibiotics and pain relievers. Then have your dentist check what is causing the pain.

happymomma3
Yellow Root Tea. My dad makes it for me when I have a toothache works wonders.

weeboab
try bonjela if not got any crush an asprin and put that on sore toot but make sure you not allergic to asprin

strollin down the road
Grandmas concoction: crush Tylenol 500mg, add a few drops of liquor (she preferred rum), mix into a paste and apply generously to affected area, when done resist applying pressure to the tooth and get your dairyaire to the dentist.

canucklehead1951
Rating
Please visit your dentist. You might have an infected tooth which will only get worse if you try to ignore it.

girlqueen
Extra Strength Tylenol Quick Release Tabs.Ask you local drugstore if they have the Red Cross toothache kit.It has some powerful liquid,cotton pellets,and tweezers in it.It works pretty instantaneously.Try to get to a dentist asap,to prevent the infected tooth from affecting the others.

moonhunt18
regarding the comment that ibuprophen is bad for the liver:

actually ibuprophen is fine for the liver. it's tylenol (acetaminophen) that's bad for the liver.

Tai Mai Shu
Rating
advil and see your dentist ASAP it may be a cavity.

JawChcD.Lee25
Rating
Whatever side of your mouth the ache is on, take that hand and pinch the skin between the thumb and forefinger of other hand. (If tooth on right side of mouth hurts, pinch between left thumb and forefinger. And opposite for other side.) It might take a second to find the right spot, but it works. And see a dentist.

radbrad
Rating
get some clove and put it right next to your ache. should ease the pain till you can get to a dentist...

ft3535
Rating
any hard liquor you have..keep dripping this on the area that hurts..this does work..

and then get to see your dentist..

good luck

madamspud169
Rating
BESIDES PAINKILLERS TRY
OIL OF CLOVES (TASTES AWFUL)
ANTIBIOTICS
HEAT LIKE HOT WATER BOTTLE
SWISH ALCOHOL ROUND YOUR OUTH THEN SPIT IT OUT (ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME)

monapepper
Rating
have it pulled

jorjan38
Rating
the old fashioned gold medciney mouthwash. u rinse for 1 or more minutes, this will burn like hell but it really numbs it out! also try a solution of 1/2 water to 1/2 hydragen peroxide just a small amount as it will foam up.rinse for a full 60 seconds. your tooth is hurting because of infection these really do work i use it when i hurt hope u feel better soon

Mookie
Rub Cocaine on it.

JeffyB
You really need to see a dentist, but in the meantime, take aspirin, and believe it or not put a regular teabag in your mouth right by the tooth that hurts and leave it there for about 15-20 min.

conundrum_dragon
Rating
Vodka the alcohol numbs the pain.

Chris
If you tried all the conventional methods and they don't work you might want to see a dentist. You may have a cavity that is so deep that the nerve is exposed. You could also have an abscess. There has to be a reason for your tooth to be hurting.

sshazzam
Advil.

djr4510
if its in the back its an impacted molar been there done that only a dentist if you dont have insurance usually in every town there is a free clinic that's where i got my teeth fixed like 4500 of work for free..pills and at home remedies only are temporary solutions trust me i know after i went to the free clinic i felt so much better

themainsail
Rating
Advil and go to the dentist!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy