Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Im a rape victim, what can i do?
last year i was raped, now i find myself having commitment issues, i dunno wot to do.. does anyone have any ideas to help me get over it except for therapy
Additional Details

Please help i am becoming an alcoholic how do i stop!?
I am starting to drink anything alcoholic in the ...

I'm so scared?!?
I heard pounding somewhere out of my house. What should I do?...

When you are depressed, what do you do to feel better?
I mean sometimes I listen to music or throw things or even break things (by accident), but I want to know what helps everyone else feel better?...

Okay really embarasing.................. can't help it...
Um, I am like, mentally stable, don't worry.........but I am sooooooooo scared of people. Like, when I see people I don't know.I like hide, or totally try and ignore them. they just SCARE...

What's Bipolar Disorder?
I know it's a mental disease,but what does it ...

I was raped by my bf best friend but im scrd to tell my bf cuz he might do somin crazy?

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

Cure for depression that doesn't involve pills, god, or a dumb hobby?

Additional Details
I said no god and no pills! So all you pill poppers and god lovers please pay attention....

Can someone give me some words of encouragement please!!!?
I feel so depressed. I have no interest in anything. Nothing really significant happened to bring on this depression, but I have felt like this for about 2 months now. All I want to do is sleep, but ...

If there's no one that cares about you is it still wrong to kill yourself?
People always say that suicide is bad because other people will be sad about it, but what if there's no one that cares about you? Then is there still anything wrong with killing yourself?...

I hate myself.?
all the memories i have done good in hs gone blank.What the **** is ...

Im a non-drinker??
would like to no what kind of enjoyment you get from drinking thats if you do ?when i see drunk people they scare me its amazing how alcohol can change a person anyone ...

I watched my grandma die?
and I want to know if anyone has any tips on dealing with that. She had cancer and we were REALLY close....

I've just been to a funeral. Can you help me with a question?
I've visited the funeral of my sisters' best friends' mother. She was only 52. Cancer. The family are devestated. How long does the whole "grieving process" take? Is there ...

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Jamsie
What do you do to de-stress?

The Way
Rating
Write poetry.

bad_ambassador
Rating
my favorite boardgame: chess.
either that or i just take a nap......
exercise is good too.
i usually feel good after playing an uptempo game of basketball.

some people like alcohol. :)
not me though. i prefer chocolate milk.

Jenster*is*flipping*you*off
Rating
after a long hard day at work, I either:

club baby seals or drown puppies.

crazyninjadudeguy
I Meditate. Just follow these instructions for a twice daily meditation. Do this in a quite location free of distractions once for about 10-20 minutes in the morning after you wake up and before you eat breakfast and 10-20 minutes in the evening before dinner.

Start with ten minutes for the first few weeks and work your way up to twenty minutes. But, don't force yourself. If you find you want to stay with a ten minute meditation for a few months that's fine. Don't force yourself to do anything when meditating. Forcing yourself will negate all of the benefits meditation offers a practioner.

I know not forcing ourselves to do something through sheer force of will is counter intutitive in our busy world/society. But, if you practice a non-forceful approach to this meditation you will find the benefits will come a bit quicker.

The simplest way to meditate is to:

1. Sit comofortabley in a chair.

2. Close your eyes.

3. Plug one nostril with one of your thumbs and inhale a bit deeper than usual through the other one. Then exhale gentley through the same nostril. Alternate between nostrils for one full cycle of inhalation and exhalation. Do this for five minutes. This simple breathing exercise will calm your mind and body and prepare them for meditation.

4. While sitting comfortabley with your eyes closed start observing your breathing cycle. Notice how the air gentley goes in your nostrils and out of your nostrils.

A note about breathing: When you inhale your tummy should expand. When you exhale your tummy should collapse. This form of natural breathing has been adopted by many meditative traditions/practices (and different martial arts for that matter). If you observe a sleeping baby you'll notice they breathe this way as well.

DON'T FORCE!

Don't force your attention to stay on your breathing. When and if your mind wonders, so be it. You'll find at the beginning of your practice your mind will be flooded with all kinds of distracting thoughts. This happens because people are not used to observing the amount and quality of thoughts that run through their heads on an ongoing basis. Simply observing these thoughts and their volume is the first step in meditation.

One of the benefits of continued practice of meditation is that it slows down and curbs the amount of unwanted thoughts that enter our minds and the force at which they do it. I've found that once I was able to let the thoughts come and go on their own (without forcing them to leave) I was able to become a calmer, more focused person.

Meditation first teaches you to observe these thoughts and to eventually let them go. It's like watching a cloud above you gentley rolling into view and then out of view. Eventually, your mind will learn to not follow the cloud. Instead, with time, your mind will notice the spaces between these clouds (thoughts).

And, your mind will somehow find a way to make these spaces larger and larger between your thoughts. With time you will find fewer and fewer thoughts will "invade" your meditation. This is one of the goals of meditation. Having "gentle" control over the volume and intensity of the thoughts that enter your mind will allow you a greater measure of peace, focus and ultimately greater health.

When your mind experiences the growing spaces between your thoughts you will access the same part of the brain that the greatest thinkers, leaders, artists etc; of history experienced in their lives.

Remember: 1. Don't force. 2. Be gentle.

Hope this helps.

Daichi
Rating
watch some funny stuffs in www.youtube.com or listen to fast or rock music

abdulhafni2
sleep,you will feel nothing for sure

laura
what i do 2 de-stress is have a lovele hot bath with candles then after that i just sits in a quite place ( 4 me its my bedroom ) agin with me candles burning, listen 2 songs that u can understand and listen 2 them carefully and find the meaning that the song has!!! hope it help hunny !!!!!!!!

xyndi
Rating
I'm always on stress, thus I think the only way I can de-stress is by sleeping. =.=

Ooh, and shopping. :)

KW
Which ever way you de-stress it doesnt get rid of what it is thats stressing you out. If its the same thing all the time then change it. If its different things start finding ways of dealing with it. Close your eyes, calm yourself, breath in through your nose and blow all the badness out through your mouth. Its a start.

firestoneasetech
Rating
I take a golf club and whack small white balls......if not I stand in a parking lot and scream...it works

Wicked
Rating
I answer yahoo questions. I forget what I am stress about when I search for online answers to someone else problem.

I also read fan fiction or books, mostly science fiction/ fantasy.

The bad things I do is sleep and eat ice cream, non productive and fating.

skyppolar_green
Rating
in real life there is no de-stress there is the way you deal with stress i actually do a couple things i either cook a very good meal and or i bake or i take a nice long hot bubble bath and then i watch a movie and i do not bother anyone i actually tell people i want to be alone and i end up being alone also if that does not work i go for a nice long walk by myself usually in a cemetery by my home it is about two miles long and i am usually always alone with just me and i am so relaxed and i do not care if the world would end i would be so relaxed and there would be no stress and this all works i do it quite often so trust me there is a way to rid yourself of stress and there is no de-stress it is how you actualy deal with stress hell people even take a pill to get rid of it but i do not

crownvic64
Rating
Watch silent TV!

zara
Rating
exercise n watch tv n eat ice-cream..yumm

bender
have a tommy tank

darbycooloy
brake something. no seriously. yeah. serious physco. lol. rip up a piece of paper or punch the crap out of a stuffed animal!

spens dad!
I usually pick up my guitar as it is my shrink! either that or smoke some weed.

taketwo
stay in good and happy company

Love
Find some comedy on t.v and lol all day. Or make my 2 year old giggle until she starts crying, take a drive, pray, call friends over and hang out, go around other family members, don't worry about what made me stress in the 1st place, take a trip overnite, go dancing, out to lunch or dinner with family or old friends. Get on yahoo answers, answer questions..

Stress can kill.

A classmate and friend of mine just had a stroke. The cause was stress over a guy. Whom she has a child by.
Therefore:
De-stress yourself real quick. Whatever it is, it will get better. I know this.

Dwayne Dibley
Rating
Have a hand shandy (wafty crank, choke the chicken)

kevin d
I get on my mountain bike and cycle to my cave which is on the outer most point of cave land, next to hill place and river walk. There i light a fire and cook fish and brambles. Then i read my tea leaves and am told that everythings ok and i should calm down before i have a heart attack........so i do. Or i just sit in a room on my own and relax for a few minutes.

jodu
Rating
l pamper myself bath with lush bath bombs in a massage and a foot spa if totally wound up l go for a drink with friends and throw caution to the wind let your hair down and do the funky chicken
if this does not work try and this is the top one listen to The ugly bug ball sang by burl Ives if this doesn't DE stress you nowt will

tetn12
Rating
i usually write all my problems in paper and simplify them ....
and shower + good food + then sleep
it would help you to think clearly

crystal
Rating
Come on here.

ciaran91
write all your problems down on a piece of papper and burn them in your hand and as they burn consider then "up in smoke" lol it works very crazy but good

lufc1972
watch football or buy things of ebay!

daddyzboys
wack off

angel 36
read a book or come in here for a laugh

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy