Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

Cure for depression that doesn't involve pills, god, or a dumb hobby?

Additional Details
I said no god and no pills! So all you pill poppers and god lovers please pay attention....

Can someone give me some words of encouragement please!!!?
I feel so depressed. I have no interest in anything. Nothing really significant happened to bring on this depression, but I have felt like this for about 2 months now. All I want to do is sleep, but ...

If there's no one that cares about you is it still wrong to kill yourself?
People always say that suicide is bad because other people will be sad about it, but what if there's no one that cares about you? Then is there still anything wrong with killing yourself?...

I hate myself.?
all the memories i have done good in hs gone blank.What the **** is ...

Im a non-drinker??
would like to no what kind of enjoyment you get from drinking thats if you do ?when i see drunk people they scare me its amazing how alcohol can change a person anyone ...

I watched my grandma die?
and I want to know if anyone has any tips on dealing with that. She had cancer and we were REALLY close....

I've just been to a funeral. Can you help me with a question?
I've visited the funeral of my sisters' best friends' mother. She was only 52. Cancer. The family are devestated. How long does the whole "grieving process" take? Is there ...

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it ...

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety....

What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed....

Is there anything wrong with cutting yourself?
my brother keeps catching me cutting myself and tells my mom and she makes such a big deal out of things she thinks that ive gone bad since i came into middle school
Additional Details

Michele M
Is depression deadly?

M & M
On its own, no. But if you become suicidal, then yes.

greeksofia
Yes if you commit suicide. and also it hurts you physically and mentally.

Ouchie
Yes, it can bring on suicide.

Renee
Rating
Of course depression can be deadly!

ツ mona
Rating
Good question...
Physically I really doubt it but, it can lead to suicide.
And inward hate which will take a toll on your overall health.

If you have any of these feelings seek counseling.

Becca
Rating
if you kill yourself, yes

JPK
Rating
Yeah, if you become suicidal.

hardip c
well this is an interesting factor. Depression may lead to becoming suicidal or you might do some things that don't make much sense to do.( in other words, common sense is almost lost). There is alot to depression

The Definition For Depression is: a common term for a sad or low mood or emotional state, or the loss of pleasure.

Master Anarchy
Rating
In fact it can be.

One can will one's self to death directly or by neglect.

It tends to be self-iterating, and after seven years even physiologically self-perpetuating, as habits of thought become patterns of neurochemical behaviour.

In general, it best to kill your self as soon as depression sets in to avoid such complications. But, for my money, I find the prospect too depressing, so I give up and die.

☆Ele☆
Rating
I think it can be.

crazyziggy6_0
Yes if you are so depressed that you feel your life is worthless and you do in fact kill your self.

little78lucky
can be ...not in the sense that it will kill you like aids or something but yes it the sense that while depressed you might be suicidal or not eat or you could easily catch a disease due to your immune system being lowered by you not taking good care of your health

psychopiet
Usually not, most patients get better after 3-6 months. If not than the prognosis gets worse over time.

anyadvice
Rating
it can be if not treated....many people commit suicide from depression

girly.girl377
Rating
ya it could be if u are suicidal.

InsomniaSAH
Rating
With 2 friends who have attempted suicide and a 3rd who succeeded, and were all known to have disorders based around depression, I'd say yes.

romancexxmy2
Rating
Yes, it could become much worse and then you could become suicidal.

Yo Momma
Rating
if it gets very severe, it could be, it is a mental illness, my grandmother had it, she is now over it though, and having a tough time getting over the effects from it, it is very bad

Caddy
Rating
yeah it can lead you to suicide
if you have depression its best to seek professional help because it can get sorted

ERiKA !
If you reach a certain point where your so depressed that you committ suicide- then yes.

But.. don't do that! On the other hand, depression is not deadly.

diva102288
I can be depending on the level of depression...Its been proven that people that have had depression for a long period of time can have health problems.....Heart and breathing problems ..... Not to mention the suicide rate..... If you know some one with depression you should get them help as soon as possible

va8326
it can be if it is bad and not treated..long term and lasting is the phrase i guess i should have used..please get help..it is treatable with meds..good luck

peersignal
Rating
It can be, if the result is suicide.

crazyash
Rating
yes it is.........

Heather
Rating
yes very cause they don't see their place in life ad think they're worthless, which they're not. depression messes with your sommon sense and makes you do stupid things.

Echelon
It can be if one commits suicide.

PIXIE
Rating
yes, but as im told talking and understanding that you have depression is half the battle to getting better.

rawdawg313
definitely i would try to get happy soon depression can make u go crazy

Sk8er Chick
depression could be deadly to sertain people. it really dependes what state of mind they are in and why they are depressed.

when some people are depessed, they cut their wrists. What if they cut too deep and bleed to death?

and also, some people have been depressed for a really long time. When it comes to this, they may tend to do some crazy things. When it comes to depression, someone may thinkk that the whole world is against them, and might do something. If the whole world is against them, people might think the world is not worth living in. And might comitt suicide.

That is how Depression could be Deadly

40 WEEkS PREG..WiT MA BBy BOi
Rating
YEAH

I Got What U Need
When it gets to the point of suicide, yes. I know someone who just killed himself - he was depressed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy