Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I was raped by my bf best friend but im scrd to tell my bf cuz he might do somin crazy?

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

Cure for depression that doesn't involve pills, god, or a dumb hobby?

Additional Details
I said no god and no pills! So all you pill poppers and god lovers please pay attention....

Can someone give me some words of encouragement please!!!?
I feel so depressed. I have no interest in anything. Nothing really significant happened to bring on this depression, but I have felt like this for about 2 months now. All I want to do is sleep, but ...

If there's no one that cares about you is it still wrong to kill yourself?
People always say that suicide is bad because other people will be sad about it, but what if there's no one that cares about you? Then is there still anything wrong with killing yourself?...

I hate myself.?
all the memories i have done good in hs gone blank.What the **** is ...

Im a non-drinker??
would like to no what kind of enjoyment you get from drinking thats if you do ?when i see drunk people they scare me its amazing how alcohol can change a person anyone ...

I watched my grandma die?
and I want to know if anyone has any tips on dealing with that. She had cancer and we were REALLY close....

I've just been to a funeral. Can you help me with a question?
I've visited the funeral of my sisters' best friends' mother. She was only 52. Cancer. The family are devestated. How long does the whole "grieving process" take? Is there ...

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it ...

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety....

What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed....

belinda j
How do i get over my fear of death?

apurba s
increase your spiritual knowledge

baghmom
I already said this earlier. People arent really afraid of dying, they're afraid of LIVING. People that know they havent lived up to their potential, or just HAVENT lived up to their potential have a sense of fearing death.
You dont get over it by doing death defying things.
You get over it by becoming the most you can be (but I wouldnt joint the army). JK
Go back to school, do something that brings YOU up to where YOU should be.

And if you are spiritual, listen to this:One time I prayed to God, admitting to Him that I was afraid to die and I was tired of being afraid to die, to help me to not be afraid to die (takes all the joy out of living dont it?)
Immediately His answer was "Be Thankful".

Since He told me, He had to be right, but it took me a long time to figure it out.

So do what you are meant to do. What is that? Well, along with the gift each of us are given when we are born we are given a passion to do it. So do that thing. And do it the best you know how.
I really hope this helps. I was afraid for many many years. Wasted a lot of time w/o happiness or joy. Good Luck.

unseen_force_22
Rating
I have a question... WHO ARE YOU? Once you know the answer... you will no longer have reason to fear death

Billybob38
Rating
Just realize that it happens to everyone sooner or later. It's like going to Walmart - we all go there eventually.

lisa
Rating
its all up to u whether u want to accept death or not ,

mother sensible
go work in a hospice and you will realise it is all part of life.

lilcavichick
well i guess you never do im pretty scared to i know it happens to all of us everntually but it is a scary thing to think about some people say if you get saved and your right with the lord you wont be scared anymore but i am and still scared so i dont think you relly can its a scary thought to think but just know that you should always tell the people you love that you love them and dont go to bed mad at your partner or kids and if you have something to tell someone do it you might not have another chance to

Ridgely
Rating
we come into this world with out the knowledge to prosper,live our lives and glean what we may along the way.Look to your passing not as an end time but as a new beginning. A birthing into and onto new things.I don't fear the grave to me death is a step along the way .....

Sangmo
Rating
Understand that as individuals we matter only in the part we play in the cycle of life; play your part to the full, every day, and you will have nothing to fear or regret.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

(Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene 2).

Peter G
pray to God. Your fears will go when you know you will be with him in heaven.

Pinhead
Rating
I had a heart valve transplant op in 1984 and have spent a long time expecting to die at any moment.
I am now nearly 40 and have realised that life is about to begin(or so the saying goes) so just enjoy it and don't think about it(dying that is).

Peanuts
Rating
No one make it out alive !! So remember you are not alone with this feeling ! I would imagine that the fear of birth would have been a terrifying thought for us too if we had any prior knowledge of that ??

I think that a lot of the fear comes from not knowing how we are going to die ! Rather than from death itself !
However one way of taking control of the situation a little is to plan and prepare for the inevitable event. Make a will !! This will help you to feel more in control !!! I know this sounds morbid but it is the only way of regaining some control over what it the inevitable anyway !
But most important remember that nearly everyone who has had a near death experience has mentioned peace and being overwhelmed with feelings of love and tranquility ! Most recall no knowledge of the actuall experience of death .
Try reading some books on it and may help you ? One book that I will recommend is " Saved by the light " by Dannion Brinkley. This is the true story of a man who actually officially died twice ! He was struck by Lightning while talking on the phone and was clinically dead for over 20 minutes . This book recalls the events that took place ! A truly amazing story ! This may help and give you some peace !
The only way to really prevent the end of you is to leave behind a legacy !! We live on in others and in their memories " Do something great that you will always be remembered for "
and the memory of you will live on a long time after you have returned to that place of love and peace !

I highly recommend that you find some spiritual faith that will also provide you with some comfort !! My personal saviour is Jesus ... he is there for you too ! hope this helps .

Redhawkphl
Just a clarification - are you afraid of death's consequences? Death is part of the cycle of life. But since it comes without any warning, we tend to be flustered because we like order and predictability.

To fear what's beyond death is what faith is all about.

skylizard
Get yourself free the whole day, sit down in comfort, close your eyes & visualise what kind of death you fear? Then try to feel the fear. Do this many times as you can, slowly you will get use to that kind of fear & you will stop thinking about death.

Ryan L
Rating
Always look on the bright side of life
*whistles* dodo-dodododododo
ALways look on the bright side of death
*whistles* dodo-dodododododo

melas
Rating
you have nothing to fear, i`ve been there and resuscitated, it is pain free and peaceful

junaidi71
When we die we will go to the other life, not to graves.

william v
Rating
Go fishing!!!!!

thalog482
Rating
Well are you afraid of dying, or are you afraid of leaving without having accomplished anything? You can't control when you're going to die or how, but you can work constructively to the life purpose you work out for yourself, using that purpose to guide your every day decisions in order to work your life to the constructive end of that purpose, and then, even if your life is cut short, you'll have worked towards some sort of end.

rob261171
Rating
Everyone fears death, Its what makes us human..

gary l
you wont , well not till yo die

seantherunner
Fear of death keeps us alive.

GWEN C
Rating
Acceptance.
Once you have accepted that death is inevitable, you will eventually realise that there is no point fearing something that we have no control over.

Andy P
Rating
Like the saying,enjoy yourself while your alive coz your a long time dead. And it happens to us all.

chickadee
Come to terms with it, we all know it's the one thing that we cannot stop so live your life to the full and stop worrying about something we cant change, ask yourself would you really like to live forever seeing people we love come and go?

Leonized
Rating
unfortunately my predecessor was correct... Death itself would free you from your torment... But leave it awhile and enjoy life first :)
And remember anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

korries3
you need to understand that dying happens to EVERYONE including you and it's a natural cycle of life..get this in your brain and live day to day as you would if you not going to have tomorrow

auntb93again
You don't want to get over it altogether; that would be dangerous. What you need to do is gain control over it. Remember that you are not going to escape it forever, but you do want to give it a good run for its money.

Personally, I think Death personified is a lot easier to deal with than Death as an abstraction, especially since no one can really imagine being non-existent. You can maybe imagine your family and friends mourning, and you can maybe imagine various after-life scenes, but you really cannot imagine non-being. It's too illogical: I think, therefore I am. I imagine, therefore I am. So how can I imagine not being?

Also, deciding what you believe about afterlife will help, unless of course you decide that (a) all the stories about hell are true, and are about afterlife, and (b) you are destined to go there.

Spirited
Rating
I don't think you can :(

It's not actually death that scares me, it's the fear of leaving my kids and the ones I love behind that scares me and I find very hard to imagine.

SquirrelBait
Rating
You don't. It's absolutely normal to fear what we can't trully understand.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy