Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Okay really embarasing.................. can't help it...
Um, I am like, mentally stable, don't worry.........but I am sooooooooo scared of people. Like, when I see people I don't know.I like hide, or totally try and ignore them. they just SCARE...

What's Bipolar Disorder?
I know it's a mental disease,but what does it ...

I was raped by my bf best friend but im scrd to tell my bf cuz he might do somin crazy?

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

Cure for depression that doesn't involve pills, god, or a dumb hobby?

Additional Details
I said no god and no pills! So all you pill poppers and god lovers please pay attention....

Can someone give me some words of encouragement please!!!?
I feel so depressed. I have no interest in anything. Nothing really significant happened to bring on this depression, but I have felt like this for about 2 months now. All I want to do is sleep, but ...

If there's no one that cares about you is it still wrong to kill yourself?
People always say that suicide is bad because other people will be sad about it, but what if there's no one that cares about you? Then is there still anything wrong with killing yourself?...

I hate myself.?
all the memories i have done good in hs gone blank.What the **** is ...

Im a non-drinker??
would like to no what kind of enjoyment you get from drinking thats if you do ?when i see drunk people they scare me its amazing how alcohol can change a person anyone ...

I watched my grandma die?
and I want to know if anyone has any tips on dealing with that. She had cancer and we were REALLY close....

I've just been to a funeral. Can you help me with a question?
I've visited the funeral of my sisters' best friends' mother. She was only 52. Cancer. The family are devestated. How long does the whole "grieving process" take? Is there ...

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it ...

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

*vintage*
What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive to scary shows/movies... we used to watch "A Haunting" on Discovery Channel but I can't watch it anymore because it terrifies me. Ghosts and hauntings really freak me out to the point where I will call my friends or even once I called my mom at 3 or 4 in the morning because I get really scared. I live in an old part of town, my neighbor just recently died, and I have a large old orchard in my backyard. I get really spooked really easily. I am 20 years old and things like this have always freaked me out... my old best friend's step mom was one of those Catholics who believed in evil spirits all around us and I think she kind of got into my head with all that crap and I just get really scared at night when I'm alone.... scared of ghosts and intruders that would try to hurt me. Suggestions?
Additional Details
Answering your questions - my boyfriend works for UPS in the morning loading the trucks.... and I don't have any siblings.

Wilson C
Rating
Well, you have started on the wrong track by watching and hearing things of the spooky kind. Yes, there are evil spirits and they will torment you if you open yourself to them. However, they will not if they find the strong man inside of you is Jesus! Hence, you better make sure you have a real vibrant relationship with Him. He is the King of Kings aka Boss of Bosses.

★ Mrs. Josh ★
If i get scared at night I'll turn ALL the lights on, double check the house(to make sure no one is there), and then turn on the TV (so i wont feel so alone!)

David H
Rating
Had the same problem, The way I deal with it is put my pet in my room or watch tv till fall asleep.....Something funny or comedy

Cat Lady 87
Think of happy and safe things. Watch your favorite movie, read a romance novel, go on line and talk to people that will calm you down.

If it makes you feel any better, some Catholics also believe in angels and the power of God that overpower the forces of evil! :)

Mariah Massacre
Rating
If you get spooked real easy i would just turn on some loud music and dance around to it. it get your mind off it. if that dont work
try to go to sleep
cnt sleep? pop some pills

patrashcan
Try getting a house dog. They always make me feel like I'm not alone and in a way, protected. Also, turn the lights on when your boyfriend leaves to make it look like someone is up.

lisa b
well i say that u should just tale a deep breath and think to ur self what u can do to make shour ur alone and no one els is with u

thegreatone
Go to sleep.

Cartoon Star
Rating
Get a guard dog, and something for self-defense
Keep some lights or music on
Have a friend stay with you whenever possible
Talk to your husband about moving to an unhaunted house. Tell him how frightened you are, and maybe see the doctor for something to calm your nerves.

ugh192
Rating
Ghosts will never hurt you...I swear. But be prepared for the actual "humans" that might. I am. I know how to load the clips and everything. If you really have a fear of other beings, there is no weapon, so there's nothing you can do, so why worry about it...right?

chicken man
ghost genrally wont harm you but if your afraid of people braking into your house you could buy a gun or a taser gun

Joseph, II
Get yourself a cat or a dog from the local Shelter- to keep you company. Dogs & cats make Terrific "Security Systems"- because they can sense things LONG before we can... If you're home alone & your pet is sleeping contentedly besides you- then you have NOTHING to worry about, because IT wouldn't be sleeping if there were anything wrong!!! :)

jeh
Rating
get yourself a black and tan coon hound they make good pets and are pretty big and he will protect you they eat Pitt's for lunch and are very loyal get a male

Rain
Rating
You could get a dog, that way you wouldn't really be alone. A dog would let you know if there was any trouble, and you could just relax.

Or you could smudge your house. A lot of people do it... http://www.hauntedhousekeeper.com/smudge.htm

shadycaliber
First of all if creepy stuff messes up your head than eliminate it from your life. I know what you mean about the spirits all around us, I grew up with people like that too, then to make things worse I have seen so much stuff. What you have to do it train yourself to ignore it, those senses that kept up from being eaten by a saber tooth lion are still there, but they can be numbed. Is there any way you can be asleep durring the night hours? A security system may help ease your fears too.

Justin
Rating
count sheep

Jenn
Rating
Turn the tv or radio on. Background noise helps. It keeps you from over analyzing little noises. Or a pet will help you not feel so alone

Mandy M
I'm 19, and the same way.. Get a dog or a cat to keep you company during those lonely hours. That helps me some. =)

Mama Bear
Rating
What you are experiencing is normal. But if it persists you can develop a anxiety problem. First, continue NOT to watch things that frighten you. It is lack of understanding of the dead and things unknown (along with movies) that frighten us. A good thing to do is to put on the TV perhaps on Disney channel or nature. Something familiar and not intimidating. This will give you a feeling of companionship and help to relieve your mind from wondering on every creak in the house. Remember the Bible scripture that says "from dust you are and to dust you shall return"? Well, dust can't haunt you....so don't fret and just fill your mind with happy, wholesome things.

tan_yuh4112
Rating
put on your favorite movie. pick up a book. put on music. clean. anything to get your mind off of it.

brit brat :)
Rating
well that happens to me so i would turn on the tv and it helps alot im only 13 i have the same prob.. it really help

maluchick
first of all honey you need to MOVE out of that neighborhood and start singing the vegetale song " God is bigger then the boggie man"

tvlscat@flash.net
Make sure the doors and windows and doors are locked. Check them twice if you have to. Get a dog & a baseball bat. Don't go to bed drunk.

♦♦Gada♦♦
Rating
play games watch tv sleep later my little bro was like that but now he isnt jus try and get that stuff off of ur mind

Lauraloo
Turn onthe TV or Radio. Noise will help to cover up sounds that are spooking you!! See if you can find a job working similar hours so that you will not be home alone during the night!! Who else do you know that works the same shift as your boyfriend - perhaps their spouse or girlfriend is feeling the same as you!!

Beach Girl
Rating
Say a prayer, but not about being scared...start thinking of all of the people you have to be thankful for and thank God for them one by one, making a wish for each one....this will not only take your mind off of being afraid, but you'll feel a sort of protective "bubble" around you and you really won't be afraid...plus, those prayers can't hurt, can they?

Fady S
Rating
if ur christian first of all god is with u and if u have a cousin or sibling that could stay with u then u could just hang out with em

nogmamm
Rating
First of all, I would recommend that you stop watching things that scare you. Second, if you are a Christian, you have the power to overcome fear in Jesus' name. I used to be terrified of everything, but now I have a peace that passes all understanding. Don't mean to get all spiritual on you, but it's the truth. You do not have to live in fear.

tapestry@pacbell.net
Hi Lots of good advice already, but here is some from someone whose husband leaves for work at 2:30 AM also.

When I get spooked it is really hard to get back to sleep. Every sound, and even no sound gives me the creeps.

1. Double check all the doors and windows. Carry a bat or huge heavy flashlight with you if you need to.

2. Turn on all outdoor lights--not the indoor lights. Indoor lights make it easier to see inside, but if you have heavy window coverings or shades go for it. Also you can turn them on in the main parts of the house and one bedroom if you have an extra one. Leave your bedroom light off. If you have a window in your bedroom that has an outdoor light near it you would be able to see movement outside. Really makes you feel better. Also makes it very hard for anyone to see inside the dark house. Install motion spot lights around your house--they are pretty cheap now.

3. Sleep with the baseball bat--buy aluminum, it is lighter to swing really hard! (Try your local thrift shop.)

4. TV can help, so can reading. Use a reading light or small lamp.

5. Know that there are ghosts but most of them don't want anything from you--many of them are very nice. Respect that they were there first. I even speak to them if I think there might be one around. I just say hi and tell them I respect thier presence and that I respect thier "home". I thank them for sharing it with me. Makes me feel much better.

6.Keep a can of some product that shoots a stream (instead of a light spray) that would really sting and temporarily blind someone near you. Wasp spray is designed to shoot a spray about 5-10 feet--but something that strong can possibly splatter back into your eyes so be careful. I think carburater cleaner also sprays pretty well, and not quite so far. Amonia is great but you have to pump the trigger, its not a constant stream.

7. If you can, install an alarm system. If not buy a ding dong entry chime from radio shack--like they have in convience marts when you come through the door. The one I have was about $25 and it has a loud alarm type ring option. Mine is battery operated and can be mounted just about anywhere. Set it when your boyfriend leaves and sleep peacefully knowing if anyone comes through your bedroom door you will wake up immediately and they will probably run when they hear it anyway!

8. Make your own pepper spray. Mix up the hottest cayanne pepper powder and/or hot sauce you can find (Jalapeno is good too.) Put it in a spray bottle with a good stream.

9. Take a self defense class.

10. Pray--to whomever you belive your protector is.

Hope this helps!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy