Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I've just been to a funeral. Can you help me with a question?
I've visited the funeral of my sisters' best friends' mother. She was only 52. Cancer. The family are devestated. How long does the whole "grieving process" take? Is there ...

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it ...

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety....

What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed....

Is there anything wrong with cutting yourself?
my brother keeps catching me cutting myself and tells my mom and she makes such a big deal out of things she thinks that ive gone bad since i came into middle school
Additional Details

I can't take my life anymore!? I'm so depressed!?
I'm so f*cking depressed and lonely! I can't stop crying, I'm so depressed now, this is the worst I've ever felt...

I feel like have no friends, no life! I feel so ...

How is your feeling when you think about death?
i'm sure death is not my finish. i'll continue more beter maybe
Additional Details
i don't belive god. but i think ...

What time should I go to sleep if...?
I'm 13 years old and when school starts I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. If i want to get a full good night's sleep what time should I go to sleep at night?
(10 points best answer)
<...

I think I'm going to go through with killing myself?
I'm just self-reflecting on my life and I have difficulty processing how things turned out the way they are. My youth has been miserable as long as I can remember. I don't recall a single ...

I Need Help..I Cut myself..?
I Cut myself i dont no why but i do..
I dont want to tho. but i cant help it..
i cant tell anyone either they wont care.
Please i need help..
I dont know what to do.
A...

Should I kill myself?
I don't have any friends, I hate my job, and I don't have anyone that I can really talk to or have fun with. I am miserable. What can I do?...

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

rxexample
Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?

fredhh
no... its worse.

John H
it'll take away your brain cells

Its_your_Dog
Rating
to calm yourself down and sleep eh, whats the difference between taking zanax or sleeping aids, marijuana is natural

no bad side effect if used in moderation

it might be worse for you than ciggarettes but cigarette smokeres smoke 10+ cigarettes a day, if you smoke to fall asleep or calm yourself down, what 4-5 rips from the jay, only a few times day, or even better from a bong, or the new ways of smokeless vapor, with zero neg effects on the health

2 Random 4 Socks
Rating
drugs like marijuana arent ever good for anything. Side effects may develop later on in life

vinster82
Yes.

smart E
Rating
I smoked MJ for years. All that time, I never realized what it was doing to my brain. I had absolutely no short term memory, very little ambition, other than to look forward to getting high again, and no focus on life's goals.

I have been off pot for at least 18 years now, but when I finally quit, it was because I started into harder drugs and realized after near tragedy that this was not for me. Pot is a gateway drug.

Off the pot, I realized that I was walking around in this translucent bubble that hid the realities of life from me.

I can think clearly now.

wish I were
Rating
Did you have bad side affects when you smoked it???? Well there's your answer then.

BrightEyes
Rating
no. its all hype to keep it illegal.

the only reason it is illegal in the first place is because the textile industry was losing money to hemp products so they fabricated some research to say it promoted deviant behavior and was bad for you and sh!t..

its actually harmless.. well, other than lung cancer. but new studies show printers and photocopiers are actually worse for your lungs than second hand smoke, so we're all gonna die of lung cancer anyway..

erika.karolin
Rating
marijuana as you know is an illegal drug. It contains something called THC which, with long term use can have adverse effects to your body. Some immediate physical effects of marijuana include a faster heartbeat and pulse rate, bloodshot eyes, and a dry mouth and throat. No scientific evidence indicates that marijuana improves hearing, eyesight, and skin sensitivity. Studies of marijuana's mental effects show that the drug can impair or reduce short-term memory, alter sense of time, and reduce ability to do things which require concentration, swift reactions, and coordination, such as driving a car or operating machinery. check out this link it has some good info on the drug. http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm

Erika

Lucy
Rating
I've used it a few times and have never experienced anything bad from it. I also know lots of people who use it practically every day, and theyre as fine as ever. There are loads of worse drugs out there.
The people that say yeah probably havent tried it..

fortyfootpianist
Rating
Its just like beer. If you start to smoke too much it can be bad. But with moderation, there's nothing really bad about it. Other drugs, however, are pretty bad.

andrewstimj
It's worse than you can imagine.

Joey
One problem is in many cases its not the same stuff the hippies had or they would have used in theose

That 70s show

sit comedy

it more the 20 time stronger.

So think... one shot of vodka or a cream bun... not much of a problem.

but 20 shots in 5 minutes or 20 cream buns in 5 minutes

Get the idea?

Also most joints are full of nasty cancer causing and addictive tabacco.

Bit like cat food is dead horce and chriat knows what with a little rabbit flavouring.

its not rabbit purely in the catfood.

Most people I know have done done.

I have 2 cousins who are loopy as a result.

But much depends on latent potential for metal probblems ie gandad was pskitzophrenic

Its bad seeing them that way... One keeps thinking he is connected to the link where people bounce thoughts from metal surfaces.

others become boring tossers only drinking or doing dope.

Ie they go all the way to Austrainlia and stay in the crippiest hostels in Kings Cross the Soho like red light district for a year never travelling the great barrier reef etc ort mixing with the locals.

You could try eating it it... no smoke related problems or something like natra calm where you know whats in the pill and less harmful side effects.

In most cases people try it and grow out of it.

But yes its is not safe. see below for the top agencies who dont bull **** you

Springsteen
Rating
If I were you I wouldn't take it--I dont' knwo how bad it is but from what I hear it's pretty bad
If you need to calm down and sleep try meditating--it's sounds stupid but atleast give it a shot--then you can say you tried just sit down and breath you don't have to listen to that soft music if you don't want this is about YOU relaxing not about the sterio type of what makes everyone else relax you don't want to cause your self stress ---but your are trying to relax so I wouldn't suggest anything like iron madden or ozzy LOL If meditation doesn't work for you try getting your doctor or some over teh counter medicine to help you sleep that isn't habit forming and to relax try doing something you like to do watch a movie or take a hot bath or sit on your pourch and have a bowl of ice cream or something
Good Luck -- you've got all my prayers ~
More power to ya

kels kels
i think so yea but i know for a fact that it makes u gain weight which is bad enough

tim2honorgod
Rating
There are no side effects, unless you consider the degredation of the central nervous system a side effect.

What happens is the membranes between the brain and everything else are degraded causing less, or no response. What the apparant effects are is lack of stability, reflex time is slowed, and sensory perception is slowed or changed.

I used to smoke to.

dan
There are more negative aspects than positive, but in reality it is much less addictive and dangerous than any other drug out there. I don't see any problem with smoking it on occassion.

kys
Rating
I came from the 60+ era and the stuff grown was more organically trustworthy. Now I wouldn't trust what they put in it and how it's grown. Crazy people out there! Besides, its illegal-zero tolerance now. Times have changed and so have laws....

eagleclaw006
Anything done without moderation is bad for you, smoking is always bad for you, weed, depending on your biological make up can be bad for you.
I have friends who get constant headaches from smoking, others get super relaxed, and some are for some reason just too damn pensive to be a pot head.
Depending on the strain of the plant as well, it could have good or bad effects on you. The carcinigens in weed smoke have proven to have mutagenic properties which is a bad thing for you, but they're like never active and no one has been reported as having real health problems, aside maybe from some respirtory ones, related to weed.
THC is a bronchio dialter, it opens up your airways unlike other kinds of smoke which cause them constrict or even shut on you. And you should know that's a bad thing.

beachy
Rating
no it's not, I had to quit due to a friend setting me up in a sting to avoid his own legal problems, I could of sure used a doobie that night the swat team surrounded my car for an ounce of weed. what a sick world we live in, wish i could move to a state where medical marijuana or smoking is allowed. The only side effects are that you will want to eat everything in your refrigerator, and be in a calm happy mood, and sleep well. I functioned fine, at work, at home, in life, except it's illegal and people will f you over in a heartbeat to save their own as*. Be careful who you socialize with.

sophia_of_light
Now studies show that long term use can cause phycotic behavior. It does the total opposite to me, I am wake for hours on end if I do any the only time I have anything to do with it is when I am suicidal two tooks is all it takes to change a persons thinking!

wellbeing
Rating
Yes. Especially if you have any mental issues, and if you don't, it will give you some, like short term memory loss.

markmccloud_1
Rating
There is an upside and a downside to everything. Pot isn't as dangerous as alcohol, and nobody has ever died from an overdose. But as with everything else, you must be responsible. Don't do it when you shouldn't. Like before driving or work. Doing it all the time isn't good either. It makes you lethargic and lazy. It also makes you stupid while you're high. There is a time and a place, and it isn't everywhere, all the time.

Jules
Rating
I use it for the same thing and it helps me. Now, even when I'm not smoking it, I'm actually more relaxed and layed-back because it has taught me that life works better when you don't stress about every little thing. So apart from this one positive side effect, I don't have any negative ones.

jcchw3
Rating
That depends on how you look at it. It's not as bad as cigarettes, alcohol or prescription drugs. Actually, I would suggest it to (an adult) that was needing it for the same reasons you say you use it. I think it's a miracle drug. It helps with pain, irritable bowel, stress. Not to mention that it inhibits the growth of cancer. I also just read a study that says that smoking marijuana is as bad as cigarettes, yet in the same study it stated that people that smoked mj and cig. were less likely to develop emphysema than those who smoked only cigarettes. hhmmm?? MJ is also not physically addictive. It's only mental, so it's not very hard to quit if you had to.

♠ Kapitän Jünk ♠
i have no idea, never touched the stuff never will.

☆ ♡ ☆
It can worsen any mental disorders you have. I have panic disorder and weed made it worse so I stopped.
Some people turn into lazy hippies (like my sister's ex) and other's are fine.
It sort of depends on certain people. It can cause lung problems. I wouldn't say it's worse for you're health than cigarettes.

Most of the people I know smoke it. My dad. His friends. My sister. Her friends. They've all sort of done nothing with they're life. Sometimes gone to jail. Just bums. But if you like it that way than go for it.

badmotherrucker
No, don't be silly. The government's still watching reefer madness, and claiming it's a scientific study. Remember that our government once sprayed Paraquat (a defoliant) on the marijuana fields in South America. Some of the sprayed pot made it to the US, and people got sick. The government use the peoples health issues in their anti marijuana campaign claiming it was the weed that made them sick. never explaining why no one ever got sick off of pot that hasn't been sprayed with Paraquat.

Mj
Nothing like Marijuana..!!!!!

'Welcome to the Hotel California'...........Bro!

Sugars
Rating
I think its just a way to get kids off the drugs. Which is reasonable. But I was a pot smoker and I very much had my head on straight. I work very lightly and get paid very good. So its not something that will hurt you, but I think is the way you use it. If you abuse it, it will damage your life just like alcohol and prescribed drugs.

Kelsey
Yeah it can deff. mess up your brain after a while. Slows reactions, etc.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy