Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

Cure for depression that doesn't involve pills, god, or a dumb hobby?

Additional Details
I said no god and no pills! So all you pill poppers and god lovers please pay attention....

Can someone give me some words of encouragement please!!!?
I feel so depressed. I have no interest in anything. Nothing really significant happened to bring on this depression, but I have felt like this for about 2 months now. All I want to do is sleep, but ...

If there's no one that cares about you is it still wrong to kill yourself?
People always say that suicide is bad because other people will be sad about it, but what if there's no one that cares about you? Then is there still anything wrong with killing yourself?...

I hate myself.?
all the memories i have done good in hs gone blank.What the **** is ...

Im a non-drinker??
would like to no what kind of enjoyment you get from drinking thats if you do ?when i see drunk people they scare me its amazing how alcohol can change a person anyone ...

I watched my grandma die?
and I want to know if anyone has any tips on dealing with that. She had cancer and we were REALLY close....

I've just been to a funeral. Can you help me with a question?
I've visited the funeral of my sisters' best friends' mother. She was only 52. Cancer. The family are devestated. How long does the whole "grieving process" take? Is there ...

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it ...

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety....

What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed....

Is there anything wrong with cutting yourself?
my brother keeps catching me cutting myself and tells my mom and she makes such a big deal out of things she thinks that ive gone bad since i came into middle school
Additional Details

I can't take my life anymore!? I'm so depressed!?
I'm so f*cking depressed and lonely! I can't stop crying, I'm so depressed now, this is the worst I've ever felt...

I feel like have no friends, no life! I feel so ...

How is your feeling when you think about death?
i'm sure death is not my finish. i'll continue more beter maybe
Additional Details
i don't belive god. but i think ...

What time should I go to sleep if...?
I'm 13 years old and when school starts I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. If i want to get a full good night's sleep what time should I go to sleep at night?
(10 points best answer)
<...

I think I'm going to go through with killing myself?
I'm just self-reflecting on my life and I have difficulty processing how things turned out the way they are. My youth has been miserable as long as I can remember. I don't recall a single ...

michelleroser
Im a rape victim, what can i do?
last year i was raped, now i find myself having commitment issues, i dunno wot to do.. does anyone have any ideas to help me get over it except for therapy
Additional Details
i was 13 when i was raped,
and it was by someone well known,

i didnt get the police involved coz my dad wood kill me if he knew but my brother got him stabbed..

what i know really isnt the right thing to do! but i didnt ask him to.. anyway yeh tht myt help?

Mallory S
Rating
opra! =D haha.

Thomas
No; therapy is the treatment of choice; you may also want to join a rape-survivors group. If the reason why you are not considering therapy is financial, you need to know that most counties in the U.S. maintain mental health clinics that offer low-cost/no-cost therapy. Check your phone book's blue pages (the pages devoted to government agencies) for telephone numbers.

If you know who did it, have him arrested and testify against him in court. Make sure he pays for what he's done to you.

Good luck...

mileycyrusishotttt
take it to the USOR (unlicenced socity of rapees)

PJ
Call a rape hotline and talk to them. Counseling or therapy might help. Also there are good books you can read that might help you. Good luck.

Dee c
hi michelle sorry to hear what happened, iam a very young 50 this year but my rape has affected in many ways, the 1st thing to do is shift the blame from yourself it wasent your fault, you are worthy to be loved, i found reading selfhelp books, robin norwood, louise hay, put me on the right tracks to recovery, from this it has made me a strong loving compassionate woman, you will have to deal with this as you could affect your children and form unhealthy patterns. i was raped from the age of 10, ive had 5 chrildren and it hasent been easy, but life will get easier the sooner you help yourself. hope ive been of help x

D H
Rating
except for therapy there is only friends and family but don't hold it in this will only make matters worse please speak to someone or take a friend with you for support

sam s
I was going to suggest therapy....I dont know what else you can do and I dont know why you wouldnt want to do that....just go.

naplliny
Therapy is a great thing. Did you report the person who did this to you? (if you know who it is). Did they find the person? sometime closure will help a lot too. Group therapy is a great start. Talking with other people who have gone through the same thing is very important. talking to people who have never been there don't understand.

BOOBOO
yes i hear you girl.... i was raped by my uncle an still am scared to commit an i have an awful hatred towards close guys around me.. i hate knowin i feel so bad like that but i can ttrust anyone still.. i am married for 7 years an i still have problems with trust an i hate leavin him alone if anohter girl is even around.... its hard but im dealing with it .. i never went to cops either cause it was to late like years later when i finally told my mom and dad... i was only 10 i think.... good luck tho an i wish you the best....u can tell someone in couseling or watever but thatpainan hurt will always be there.....

Rating
I dunno what else to suggest, other than therapy. A councillor or therapist will be able to help you to deal with how your feeling and also they are someone to talk to as well.

I have been using this alternative therapy called Emotional Freedom Technique on my anxiety and depression which has helped me a lot. It's very good at reducing and clearing all kinds of negative emotions and dealing with all kinds of issues quickly. It does sound crazy but does work. It might be something that can help you.Try some of the techniques from the third link.

ladywoodboy
Rating
sorry about your ordeal, but 14 is far too young anyway to concern yourself about commitment issues

Bet
Think about it this way: that person used your body, but never had your soul or love. Never feel ashamed of your self because it was never your fault. You weren't the one who did something wrong. I know this sounds difficult to accept, but work on this: don't change your perception of the world and people around you because there are many good people that you can surely trust. This one is more difficult, but helps: forgive the person who did that to you and you'll be free.

Bruno
well sorry to hear that you have been raped
it has lots of back fires on you life and stays with you for as long as you live however there are many ways to cope with this including but not limited to therapy/group therapy/suport groups, but you havea to see someone to be able to help you what is helpfull for you I pesonaly recomand: EMDR look it up
saves lives and easy todo! if you find my answer good pick as your best answer

Al LeGator
Rating
I have to agree with the others who recommended counseling/therapy. Unfortunately this is far too common but that also means that counselors have training and experience. Someone suggested calling the rape crisis centre. Sometimes people (men get raped too) are reluctant to call a crisis centre well after the rape happens because they think it's no longer a "crisis", because time has passed. The people at the centre are used to this and they will still have some advice and guidance for you.

It sounds like you may have been a victim of "date rape" which may explain why you think "commitment" might be a problem for you. I expect there will be more underlying issues to deal with. Please talk to someone who can help you, at the rape crisis centre and/or a counselor who can help you deal with the different areas of yoru life that ahve been affected.

willow glitter
I no its hard for you to deal with commitments at the moment, but you have to learn to realise that not all men are like the rapist. You really need to have some sort of therapy because it will help you deal with any issues you have. Good luck honey xx

-=Loveis=-
Rating
I always hate to hear this happening to somebody even though I know it happens every day. I know you do not want to go to therapy but honestly its the best thing you can do you need to learn how to deal with the pain and memories. My wife is 40 years old and still gets flashbacks and fear and we have been together for 14 years she knows she is safe with me. I would give anything to get her help all I can give her is love and sometimes that helps finding a person that you can trust that will be patient with you.

Other than therapy there are a few things you can do. Read really good books with good messages or about rape victims. You can call your local rape hotline and ask if there are any groups that you can join talking to somebody that really understands what you are feeling can really help.

Other than that its just time and learning to not be afraid of it happening again.

Do not try to suppress or block your feelings are they will never go away, these are just idea's though I'm no councillor I have just been with lots of people that have had it happen to and have helped them to get through it.

Good luck may you find the answer you need.

Dan
I'm sure going through such a traumatic event such as Rape would require a certain amount of therapy. It's so traumatic, you should seriously get to a doctor and discuss it with him.

annabanana
Rating
God loves you, and I will pray for you. Lean on Him for comfort.

ruby the communist
Rating
hey.
i'm 16 this year and i was raped on my eleventh birthday. to this day i still have nightmares every night that make me physically ill and too scared to move.

i understand you not wanting therapy. i have tried therapy and it just wasnt for me. some people it works for, some people it doesnt. but i would still give it a try. you never know. and if you hate it, you can stop going any time.

to those who have said they were raped, but left it too long to charge, i promise you it is not too late. i am in the process of charging my offender right now, after so many years.

i know its hard. i know you probably have days where just getting out of bed seems impossible and days where you feel responsible. but you can move forward. you deserve to.

(also, music helps.big time.) breathe me-sia. its what i listen to when memories wont go away. i hope this helped. i wish you all the best.
ever want to chat im up for it little_miss_dramatic22@hotmail.com

seanmarson
Rating
You poor thing!!!.. You need to talk to someone and get help over your feelings and your hidden ones too.

I am a man but have also been raped and I know how you feel. As above, talk to a rape helpline, although it might be too late to press charges, it might be worth looking into if it helps you.

Try and remember that not all men are like this animal.. some have a big heart and want to share it with you.

Take care and good luck.

x0xsuperchick
therapy is actually by far the best thing you can do. you need to talk through the problems, and it will help you accept it and move past it so it no longer affects your daily life. if you don't want to talk to a therapist, talk to your friend or your partner, it takes time but you have to talk through it. staying quiet and letting it ruin your life now will only make things worse.

Adultwork
Rating
Try not to let the commitment be an issue.

Your probabily thinking about the crime someone commited against you each time and relating it to commitment.

Just try not to think about either and do what feels right.

In time things will get easier.

preeti p
Rating
well girl cheer up by gettin rape doesn't mean end of the world...if ur not that kinda perso who likes to read then tlk to someone as a counsellor or a best friend...and if ur not a talkative person then take up some sports or games...and if ur not a sporty or atheltic person then take up music or spend most of the time listening to music not the sad ones iight...
don worry there are ups and downs in our life doesn't mean we should stop livin it enjoy each and every second of it iight.... need any help add me if u got hotmail.... insane_preeti_rockz@hotmail.com

jeanimus
two ways- carry on living your life with no thought to it, and the whole thing explodes in your face later on
two- therapy, which will deal with the issues casuing your current problems and help you get back to normal and have a fulfilling relationship.
Dont be scared of therapy, it helps all sorts of situations. No one else is really qualified or experienced enough to help you work through these issues

i dont know who i am?
Rating
please please please go to therapy it will be better in the long run and you will be thankfull that you went

♥ || Brown Eyed Girl || ♥
Rating
Join a group for young women who have been raped. It will help you when you talk about it. If you would rather not join a group, maybe you can volunteer your time and help teens so you can share your thoughts on the topic.

proventer
Call the rape hotline.
Remember there are good person out there who will help you.
I wish you the best in what you do.

Mrs. Rose
I was a rape victim when I was only a child and my parents put me in thearapy and it didnt help at all.
You never get over it but with time you feel better about it. My advice is to just talk about it as much as you can to a friend...dont keep anything inside.

amanda_p_15425
Rating
i talk to people i trust like my family and friends my mom is my number one listener and she helps me out i hate going to a complete stranger and tell them how i fell its a waste of money

good luck sweety

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy