Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What's your phobia?
I have two, Apiphobia (bees) I really freak out when they are around me and Scoleciphobia (worms) I want to vomit when I see them....

Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it ...

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety....

What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed....

Is there anything wrong with cutting yourself?
my brother keeps catching me cutting myself and tells my mom and she makes such a big deal out of things she thinks that ive gone bad since i came into middle school
Additional Details

I can't take my life anymore!? I'm so depressed!?
I'm so f*cking depressed and lonely! I can't stop crying, I'm so depressed now, this is the worst I've ever felt...

I feel like have no friends, no life! I feel so ...

How is your feeling when you think about death?
i'm sure death is not my finish. i'll continue more beter maybe
Additional Details
i don't belive god. but i think ...

What time should I go to sleep if...?
I'm 13 years old and when school starts I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. If i want to get a full good night's sleep what time should I go to sleep at night?
(10 points best answer)
<...

I think I'm going to go through with killing myself?
I'm just self-reflecting on my life and I have difficulty processing how things turned out the way they are. My youth has been miserable as long as I can remember. I don't recall a single ...

I Need Help..I Cut myself..?
I Cut myself i dont no why but i do..
I dont want to tho. but i cant help it..
i cant tell anyone either they wont care.
Please i need help..
I dont know what to do.
A...

Should I kill myself?
I don't have any friends, I hate my job, and I don't have anyone that I can really talk to or have fun with. I am miserable. What can I do?...

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

nickywireobsessive
Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I let them in. Anyone else find loneliness unbearable?

** Stardust **
Rating
everyone now and then experience it. it's just a part of life i guess. when i feel that way i turn to my family, friend's and of course my pet's. it will subside good luck.

paul h
Rating
I think many because we all as humans need to around others!!!

shhhh_j
Rating
We all do...Cause nobody is their to understand or know exactly what you are going through and sometimes you wanna tell them but realize that that might not be the best idea. I don't tell others cause I hate for others to judge me. You have to live your life. Life goes on...people come in and out of our lives from when we are babies up until we pass. That's the circle of life. Enjoy it or at least try your best. There is too much going on in the world to be numb throughout your life. My problems are my problems and I deal with them I don't share them cause they are my problems. Life is what you make of it and when life gives you a lemon...make lemonade.

Dani D
Rating
I'm the same way....it will change once you are in love with the right person

TheDeanofGreen
Rating
Human beings are coded with biologal tricks to make sure we continue to spread thy seed and keep the race going, so how could we do that alone? It is in our nature to communicate things to beings of our kind, and want to express ourselves, or just vent. There is just something unexplainable about being with people who you know truly care about each other.

Nonentity183
I don't think that at all.

SlamDunker
Rating
OMG i cant bare loneliness! i have 2 be w/ some1 @ all times. i fell bad 4 u. do u have a sibling?? cause if u do could defiantly trust them! or u could trust another 1 of your family members.

J E
Rating
Only knowing what you are and being in touch with that will heal loneliness.

It's easy to explain but you'll have questions.... send me an IM on Y!Messenger.

charleigh
Loneliness is one of the hardest things in life!...
Especially when your not actually "alone"...
I too have many friends however theres that line i draw when it comes to opening up to them!...
It must have been hard losing your mum at such a young age and this is probably one of the main reasons why you feel so alone!...
Trusting other people whilst in your situation is also a very hard thing to do!...You lose one person and you atomatically think that its going to happen again...you then avoid getting close to anyone else to avoid it happening!...I understand completely!...
Sometimes life can be such a struggle but it will get better!...
If you want to chat then feel free to email me!...I cant say ill be able to make everything better but sometimes when we talk it makes things easier!...
You could try going to a GP and asking for some councelling or some medication!...Just a small pick me up might do you the world of good!...
Take care...
Stay strong....
Xox...

lfh1213
Human beings are tribal creatures, we flock, herd, group, or what have you as a survival technique.(Safety in numbers...) That you realize that you have a problem and you understand what lies at the core of it makes the problem half solved. If you have other family, try to establish relationships with them. Keep reminding yourself that NO relationship is permanent, death, time, distance, differences all make relationships ebb and flow. It is impossible to guarantee that any given relationship will be in your life forever and for reasons that have nothing to do with choice. Then, let people in when you can handle it.

adrianismusic
Rating
I find loneliness unbearable sometimes. So yes, I'm with you.
I'm very anti-social though so that's the problem.

sub0k
Yes, but for different reasons than you have listed.

eldude
Rating
I don't know man I've been pretty dang lonely too and I have people around me just not the people that I want to be around

2 Random 4 Socks
Rating
Yes, i have few friends, i dont get the ones i have now cause they are too different and i struggle making new ones. You're not alone, there are others who feel the same way. If you need to talk you can mail me if you like.

Bella83
Loneliness can be a painful thing because we are genetically built to have a partner/companion. I have come into contact with 3 people that have this disease, and it's not a great thing to have. I believe high highs and low lows are part of it. And this can be very damaging on yourself and those around you (friends, family, co-workers). The people I have know sought medical attention and are on anti-depressants. To balance out the chemicals in your brain that go up and down/change your moods. I would suggest medication. This will help you. I was lucky to not get affected myself because one of these 3 people was my mom. So if there's family history, then you could have had it passed down, or simply developed it through stresses/trauma you have encountered in your life.

Some dude
I literally have no friends or family (a few people at work I banter with, but it's been 6 months since I've "hung out" with anyone outside of work or anything). Makes my life pretty miserable. Hence I sit on yahoo to talk to people. I hate it.

So why is lonliness such a horrible thing? Probably in our hard wiring. Maslow's heirarchy says that humans are designed to have thier basic needs met. At first we require food - shelter - safety (etc), the most basic things to survive. If you have those, most humans next requirement they look to fill is a sense of belonging. You can't meet that one by youself.

Maslows Heirarch of Needs (from lowest i.e. most essential to highest last to be achieved) :

Physical needs: hunger thirst etc
Safety Needs: security protection etc
Social needs: sense of belonging love etc
Esteem needs: recognition status etc
Self actualization: reaching ones full potential and accomplishing the pinacle possible for you as an individual (most people will never approach much less meet this)

C o w b o y F r o m H e l l
Rating
Because you feel unloved if you are alone..
Don't feel this way, ALL you friends luv you to bits :)

Magic Bus Driver
Rating
Yes it can get get unbearable, who hasn't been there?

Comfort yourself in realising that this is the part of your life where you will experience lonliness and you will grow from it...

bravado
Rating
Sweetie, I have a son who experienced what you are suffering. Yes, you are right, loneliness is a killer. Remember, the world is going at a very fast rate these days and people are also moving at a fast rate and therefore, no one seems to have the time to care for anybody else these days. People seems too busy to look at other people's needs through their kindness so, they forget that there are people out there who are not coping as well as they are in their busy lives. I know heaps of people who are very down with depression and it hurts me to see it. So, I go to a church where I can meet people like you to try and help them out. My son has changed since he found God in his life, it certainly made a big difference in his life and doesn't get depressed as he used to. I do hope that things will change for you to, at least you teach and you do have friends, you are not completely isolated. Perhaps if you take a holiday somewhere, it might take your mind of things and come back feeling refreshed. All the best anyway.

Gerry
Feel free to email me if you ever wanna chat, not solving loneliness but its nice to have friends and make new ones.

PapaJon
Loneliness is bearable when we are busy. Like I'm sure that when you are working with kids or whereever you are a teacher that loneliness is not your first concern. It helps also to find support groups for other people managing bipolar disorder and also actively take part in social gatherings. Yes, not everyone will understand you, but eventually one or a few will.

Both depression and bipolar disorders are issues where it is helpful both to have a psychiatrist prescribe medications as well as having regular therapy to help you with managing each. Medication alone cannot build strategies. Even people that do not have bipolar disorder or depression find it hard at times to meet people. So, there never really is a guarantee that you will rid yourself of depression or the symptoms of bipolar, but it's good to have ways of dealing with them.

laura k
Rating
Lonliness is the most painful thing in life. Everytbody needs someone to tell them everythings ok nown and again. Find yourself friends and maybe a companiion you know you could trust. Theres no point worrying if they leave you because if you do that you will never have no one to care for you.

srracvuee
Rating
yes i lost the dearest person in the world and that was 8 years ago , i cant let go and it hurts like hell but i cope because i have to but you don't realise the implications until it happens

Wanda S
Rating
I am lonely too and I live a normal christian life..I have a husband that dont love me or me him..We dont even share a bed anymore..we just live in the same house..no affection at all..Things have happened between us that made me not trust him and finally quit loving him...I know what lonely is...its not good...

ksv
Rating
Yes b/c its human nature to want to be with someone.

andrea.force
Human beings are social creatures. We need both companionship and social structure in our lives to feel complete. When these are missing, it's not surprising that depression is the natural result.

You're dealing with bipolar disorder. I have a chronic pain condition. Both conditions can be very isolating as the conditions are often misunderstood by family and friends.

Most anyone dealing with a lengthy medical condition ends up "finding out who their real friends are." Don't mourn the loss of those who drift away. Do treasure the ones who stay. Meet new friends where you can (work, school, church, support groups, etc.).

Vanity Chick
Rating
The problem is you won't let anyone in. I guess because your mother died. Your friends probaly feel you hide in a shell from them too. Don't sit down and wait for someone to come take you out your shell. Do it yourself because if you don't want to be lonely you don't have to be!

hillbilleechick
lonliness is unbearable. we are all social creatures. thats just who we are. we spend our whol lives looking for the perfect person to spend everyday with.

i know that having bi polar makes it so much harder. my best friend, is like my second mother, she has bi polar, and she has told me she feels alone a lot, and she has three wonderful little girls, and a great man. i wish they would come out with something that can treat the disease. nothing helps for her.

i cant imagine losing my mother. i have so much respect for others that have been through it. i havent yet, and i dread the day that it happens, i think that would be the lonliest day of anyones life, losing their mother, especially at such a young age.

all i can say is hang in there. i can tell you are a great person. a loving person. teachers are loving ppl. you have struggled with that disease and still made it through school, went through a tramatic expierience like you mom assing away,... just the things you have listed makes you a strong woman, you will be okay. i believe there is someone out there for everyone. and you will know it when you find him. and you will learn to trust him enough to open u your heart to him. i used to be the same way.

you just have to be strong, and at the same time, let your guard down just a little. you have to let someone in a little. if you dont, you will never have real love. you know?

i hope all the best for you. and i know you will be happy again. you are a good person. it isnt right that you wont be. you deserve happiness and love. you just have to welcome it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy