Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am depressed for all of the wrong reasons?
I am in my early teens and everyone seems to hate me at my school. Only a few people like me. All of my friends have girlfriends so I feel pathetic being single and I can never get one even if I ...

How can u save someone from suicide?
i posted earlier about my brother and his girl freind i found out hes doing drugs thats what he got arrested for he lives very nasty he dont care how he looks and he smells and when i seen him ...

Know one understands me my life is miserable i cant stop crying?
people say im emo i cut myself and cry alot but i cant stop i need help
Additional Details
my parents don't know about it but my ...

How to control fear before it controls you?
Yes,i have severe anxiety....

What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed....

Is there anything wrong with cutting yourself?
my brother keeps catching me cutting myself and tells my mom and she makes such a big deal out of things she thinks that ive gone bad since i came into middle school
Additional Details

I can't take my life anymore!? I'm so depressed!?
I'm so f*cking depressed and lonely! I can't stop crying, I'm so depressed now, this is the worst I've ever felt...

I feel like have no friends, no life! I feel so ...

How is your feeling when you think about death?
i'm sure death is not my finish. i'll continue more beter maybe
Additional Details
i don't belive god. but i think ...

What time should I go to sleep if...?
I'm 13 years old and when school starts I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. If i want to get a full good night's sleep what time should I go to sleep at night?
(10 points best answer)
<...

I think I'm going to go through with killing myself?
I'm just self-reflecting on my life and I have difficulty processing how things turned out the way they are. My youth has been miserable as long as I can remember. I don't recall a single ...

I Need Help..I Cut myself..?
I Cut myself i dont no why but i do..
I dont want to tho. but i cant help it..
i cant tell anyone either they wont care.
Please i need help..
I dont know what to do.
A...

Should I kill myself?
I don't have any friends, I hate my job, and I don't have anyone that I can really talk to or have fun with. I am miserable. What can I do?...

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Purple Vengeance
Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

elf-kebab!
Rating
If it's illegal where you live, then yeah, you could call it a bad thing.

bubblegum
YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS, no matter what its bad

Rest In Pieces
Rating
No it makes u paranoid your better off with valums

♥scribbled heartsz;
i guess
there's lots of ways to fix anxiety disorder..
so u dont have to smoke to help it get you through
right..?

caligrl
hellz yeah its bad to smoke period

frenchartiste
Yes! It's always bad if you smoke, and you can't use anything as an excuse, no matter how good of an excuse it might seem to you.

Jessica J
Rating
I quit doing it about a week ago. I did it when I got stressed out. But I realized that when I didn't have it I would get even more stressed out so I decided to quit, it was really hard the first week and I'm still dealing with it. I suggest you go to the doctor and get some meds for it. Other than that no matter what anyone tells you studies show that it isn't harmful not even to your lungs. Oh yeah and it effects memory loss. Oh and to all the people who say its bad for you no matter how you use it, people with cancer smoke it so they don't feel sick all the time, if you say that they shouldn't do it either than I guess you should wake up feeling like they do everyday and then say that. Mine was a personnal choice and so is yours it doesn't matter what anybody INCLUDING ME has to say about it its up to you just like its up to everyone else if they want to smoke or not.

insane in the membraine.
well id think it would stress you out more since its illegal and whatnot, and if your caught you could go to jail.
but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Smilexx3
Rating
YES!!!!!!!!!!
From a reliable website...
Why do people use marijuana?
Smoking marijuana can relax a person and elevate their mood. This can be followed by drowsiness and sedation. Other effects include heightened sensory awareness, euphoria, altered perceptions and feeling hungry ("the munchies"). High concentrations of THC may produce a more hallucinogenic response.
http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/atod/marijuana.htm
This is a main reason!
You may seek help anywhere. find someone you trust.
ITS NEVER GOOD!

lilbits
I had a friend who had anxiety disorder, but he didn't know but he was a huge pothead. He seriously smoked an eighth a day. When he tried to cut back, he had a nervous breakdown and disappeared for a week. We found him sleeping behind a dumpster, he just kept telling us there were signs, and was quoting bible scripture. He went to the hospital and it turns out he had bi-polar disorder. He was self medicating by smoking pot, but when he stopped he freaked out.

<3d0P3N3S$!
Rating
dont use your anxiety disorder as an excuse to smoke. to treat an anxiety disorder, you should be seeing a psychologist and or taking medication.

COOLJOHN
It is bad to smoke marijuana because it is
AGAINST THE LAW

D.S.M
its ok if it helps

citizen
Yes! Eventhough you believe and feel that smoking pot
gets you some relief from your anxiety, this is not the
answer. You need to get legitmate clinical tests done
and a medical diagnosis to verify your condition.
Only then will your doctor be able to prescribe some
presciption options for you, If you live in a state where
medicinal mariguana is legal, he will be able to offer
you that option as well. If you don't live in a state where
this is legal, I'd advise you to take the pills commonly
prescribed for this condition.
If you don't, I can assure you that sooner or later,
you will be a victim of this country's war on drugs.
Eventhough your intentions are entirely benign, if
and when you do get apprehended for possesion,
you will be charged for conspiracy to possess and
possesion. Although these are only gross misdemeanors,
they will appear as a criminal record. You may not
deem this to be a big deal, but I can assure you that these
minor criminal violations will wreck havock in your
immediate and long term future. Since this information
is public, you may not be able to buy or rent a place to
live. You will be subject to severe scrutiny...and that my
friend, may cause you to experience even more anxiety!
Good luck to you...

Dan-o
To the people that don't understand how marijuana works, here is a quick lesson: It's not bad, It's not addicting, the only reason it's illegal is because the government hasn't found a way to tax it, yet, the only thing bad that can happen is lung damage from smoke. However, you can avoid smoke by eating it. And the number one reason: There have been more alcohol and cigarette related deaths in the history of existance!!!! Quit believing the lies that marijuana is bad. And now to the answer to your question....

If it helps you, go for it, man. It is a very soothing drug.

lydia_is_number_one
by smoking that crap,it makes you MORE anxiouse! doi.
and it also makes your skin sag and your teeth rot. and brakes a family apart and makes you look like the ugliest person on earth. an gives you cancer. all that just to keep away anxiety? get a clue. you could die from it.

talke to a doctor about any pills

Jason V
Some people would say yes just because it is illegal. I say no but you can't ignore the fact that you do have an anxiety disorder that may be treated in a different way. I have epilepsy and every neurologist has told me that marijuana helps but they have also warned me that you have to be careful what you get because some people add things that would make it harmful. Know what you are getting because it can harm you.

AndrewFM
Rating
Yes. The function of marijuana is to make you feel more happy; it does this by releasing a chemical in your brain that is usually naturally released when you're experiencing something that would make you happy.

However, due to the fact that marijuana forces the chemicals to be released, it damages this process, and reduces the amount of that chemical that your brain contains. As you use marijuana more, it's effectiveness decreases, and you need to result to using more and more of it to feel happy. Even if you manage to quit after being addicted, you're unable to feel happiness, because your brain lacks the chemical required.

To make things short, it'll make you feel more anxious, and worsen all those emotions in the long run. (Not to mention all the other side effects of using marijuana)

yolandabby
well marijuana might make your MORE anxious.
because you trip out if you smoke too much. and for some people, they get all twitchy and jittery. some get REALLY mellow, but not very many.

horizontally_challenged
Please don't smoke cannabis, it is such a bad drug.

My brother is a regular smoker and it has destroyed his life. In addition to a stutter, depression, agrophobia and paranoia he also has serious issues with is nerves, smoking will only worsen your problem in the long run, not make it better.

Go to your doctor and ask for help, they should be able to provide counselling and perscription drugs. This will help so much more than smoking cannabis.

Good luck, please get some proper help, don't self-medicate. Doctors are paid to give you nice fancy legal pills and they work far more!

Just a quick note about all the people that are saying it is harmless, it isn't there are documented facts about the damage that cannabis does psychologically and I have witnessed it first hand. Although cannabis may not cause severe symptoms in every user the risk in chronic users is high. Plus it is a stepping stone drug and often leads to harder drugs. When my brother started smoking it I couldn't see a problem with it as it just chilled him out a bit, but in the long run it has torn my family apart. Also, the anti-drug users are not all people who haven't smoked it, I have too, but I could feel the effect it was having on me and see what damage it was doing to my brother so I got out before I became a chronic user.

Manda K
Is it bad to feed a diabetic chocolate? Is it bad to give a heart patient a really bad scare? Is it bad to play in traffic at rush hour? I have an anxiety disorder called OCD and I don't smoke that ****, I deal with it. Drugs of any kind are just a way to hide from the real problem.

itsjustme (formerly kycatfan)
Yes, because it is illegal! Go to the doctor and get an antidepressant!

Luvoo!!!
Rating
Ok you probably have enough answers already but I just wanna say this.

I have a severe anxiety disorder and I used to smoke a lot of pot to try and relax myself. Even my doctor suggested that it was a good idea to smoke marijuana to calm my nerves. Now however, I refuse to go anywhere near it because it turned me totally paranoid. First off I would start worrying that I was gonna have a heart attack and die and stuff like that, then it got worse until I was having full on delusions. The last time I ever smoked I was convinced that a one armed man was spying on me and was going to kill me, it was no fun at all! After that I started having hallucinations and seeing people spying on me through my windows even though I hadn't smoked for ages.

So my advice is, that if you really feel its helping then do it....I mean even my doctor recommended it so it must be useful. But if you start to feel paranoid STOP cos it could mess you up even worse.

WhizKid
Rating
See drugs and alcohol on webpage below. It explains the slingshot effect. Whatever the short term effect of the drug, gives you the opposite effect in the long run.

Little girl coming in 4 weeks!
A drug is a drug regardless of why it is used... and drugs are bad period. If someone has anxiety they can go to the doctor and get a legal safer medicine. Try explaining to the cops that you smoke it for anxiety, see how much he cares... plus you will be alot more anxious in jail.

single&crushin'
Rating
its bad no matter what

gnosis
ABSOLUTELY NOT. IT'S THE BEST MEDICINE FOR IT.

DO THE RESEARCH.

It's not called Medicinal Marijuana for nothing.

thedruidess81
no one but s/o who has an anxiety prob can know what it's like to deal with. That said , speaking from personal experience on both the weed and anxiety front, smoking it to curb anxiety can backfire. I'd see a doc for a more legit treatment...

majnun99
Rating
If you have a true anxiety disorder that was diagnosed by a doctor, it's probably a bad idea to smoke weed.

It might seem like it's making you less anxious at first, but it could make it worse over time.

Any psychiatrist would tell you that.

jaavila388
Rating
Who ever tells you marijuana is bad has not done it and is on the safe side. Its not a addiction you can control it if you are your own person and are in control and responsible. It helps anxiety but only to mellow you down. It dosn't treat it. So you need to seek yourself a doctor to help you on it. Use it for now but also help yourself by asking doctors. Careful

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy