Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My son aged 27 just spent 5 months in a pshyciatric hospital.He is back in his flat now and doing well exept?
for his spending habits.They are way beyond his the benifits he receives and I cant keep bailing him out. Im really stuck on how I begin to sort this out. Has anyone got any ...

I am always going to wonder how my life could have been!?
I returned home from oversease and turned down a wicked job and also missed an opportunity with a wicked guy, i'm so ashamed of ym actions for the last 6 months but there is nothing i can do to ...

I have migranes on one side of my head and my skull is larger on the top, on the same side, and is tender?
I have been having EXTREME migranes on one side of my head. I have tried every over the counter medication, but nothing is helpful. Also, on the same side, the top of my skull has kind of a hill on ...

I need help with obession...?
Ok, I am seriously in love with Chris Daughtry. I know everything about him and I almost broke up with my boyfriend just because I like Christopher *so* much. I have even slept beside my laptop ...

What is your phobia?
whats your phobia and how severe is it for you?...

Why do you think I feel sad?
I don't seem to have that social able quality that others seem to have and as a result I often feel lonley and unwanted. I dunno when even with my companions I don't know what to say and ...

Suicide??????
I was just wondering if everyone (at some point in their life), do they have thoughts of..ya know..suicide? Or is it not common (like with teens)?...

What is the best way to spook yourself (without a scary movie)?
Sometimes being scared is just something I need every now and then. I have been getting too much of humor and boredom lately. Nothing that will get myself killed please.
Additional Details<...

Have you ever experience extreme anxiety, stress, and severe depression all at the same time?
How bad had it gotten. How did you deal with it....

Prayers Needed Please?
Hi Guys:

I am going to need your support the next few weeks or more. I want to ask you all to please say prayers or talk to your higher power for Allen as he had an accident yesterday. He ...

My Mom's boyfriend Herb says my dreams of becoming an Astronaut are silly. How should I react?
He says I have only wanted to become an Astronaut since I learned that they get to wear diapers during takeoff and re-entry. He seems to have influenced my mom because she says it 'isn't ...

Is it okay when my boyfriend controls my life?

Why do I feel so down?
Latly I have been feeling very down. I have been very tired in the day and very awake at night. I have been crying and I don't even know why. Can any of you tell me why I have been feeling down ...

Calling all addicts!! when your are........?
away from yahooanswers....do you STILL think about it???
like ya can't wait to get back on it?????...

One minute I'm sad and crying in my bed in the dark, and the next minute I'm happy and working out and stuff.
Could I be bi-polar?...

How can i get over sucidal thought's...The more that i fight depression..?
the more my depression worsen's and more sucide sounds like heaven to me..I don't know what to do and i don't know how to be really truley happy...Real smiles and lauph's not fake ...

Cure for anxiety?
I have to do some public speaking next week anyone know any of anything that will help.
Additional Details
anything OTHER than drugs?...

Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i ...

What can I do when the GP just recomends self help?
I am depressed. I have a stressful job, managing staff as well as the public, and I feel as though everything I do away from work is a mess. I live with my boyfriend of over 3yrs, and I consider our ...

I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here ...

Rinny
Suicidal thoughts...?
I currently feel so depressed, sad, hopeless, helpless, not sleeping and hardly eating and people close to me are noticing a change in my behaviour.. I am having thoughts about ending my life... Some times i feel like going through with it... other times i dont... i dont know what to do... i dont really wanna tell people cause they wouldn't understand what i am going through and probably just tell me to get over it... which isn't that easy! Can anyone help me?

whitetara
Rating
first , start taking vitamin tablets every day. all things in youre body have to be at a certain operating level..... then start keeping busy, no matter what it is, just keep busy! third if this doesnt fix it , then change youre environment, it might be the people around you.....

Fujoshi
http://www.allaboutcounseling.com

PLEASE go here, sign up, (Free) and go to the Discussion Boards.

There is no length limit and there are ONLY people there that will support you and offer you REAL advice because EVERYONE there is going through SOMETHING like you and we all support eachother...

These people have 'talked me down' more times then I can count...

There is someone online 24/7 to help!

PLEASE check out this website!

It looks all cooky and wierd but once you get into the discssion boards, you will know why I recomend this site!

Cristy B
Talk to a counsler , Someone that will listen and offer advice without judging. And know that GOD is there , he cares and he loves you and he is the only person that can get you thru this. Dont give up. It maybe seem like there is no way out right now but trust me I have been there . Sometimes these things happen so that we learn not to trust in ourselves but put your faith in God and he will get you thru this just pray.

uunknown39
Rating
I can tell you from expeirence that you do need to tell someone close to you and you do need to go get some help somewhere. You are in a deep state of depression and may not be able to be helped unless you talk to someone. I was hospitalized for two weeks almost 5 mths ago and continue to do an outpatient program. I would sleep all day never eat and felt the same way you did. Please talk to someone that is your best option. Someone will have to understand and if they dont then get help on your own. You are not the only one out there and dont ever feel embarrassed. Go to your Primary Care doctor. Call them and tell you need to see him Asap!!

Chrissi
yes, i have gone through the same thing- DONT DO IT!!! think of all the people you would dissappoint...

LifeisGood
I just want to give you a big hug right now! You can get help by going to see a counselor but above all God can heal you from your thoughts. If you don't believ ein Jesus Christ as your personal savior and want to pray right now to ask for him to come into your life and pray for those thoughts and depression to go away. God doesn't want you to commit sucide because he has a special purpose for you. I'll pray for you!

Lifeline
Corinne that is a beautiful name. I cannot even come close to understand the hurt and pain you are enduring but you need to understand the every problem has an answer you just have to ask and reach out or strive to find it on your own. What can be so devastating then taking you own life nothing so please ignore the thought of ending it all you have so much to live for. You have so many memories to create and if you leave what has been resolved nothing the only difference is that you will no longer be here. So come on smile and take life as it comes for there are good and precious times as there are sad and hurtful ones too but we have the promise that tomorrow is a new day with a new hope and new dreams.
If you cannot overcome your thoughts speak with you counselor at school or visit a local church some have free counseling to help with such issues.
When people die it was because of some unforeseen problem but you are in control of what tomorrow will bring---a new life and hope to endure all the things that try to hold you down.
Corinne, may God keep you safe and free from these thoughts for what a sad world this would be if you ended it all for things that can be resolved with time and trials.

Corinne never surrender to the trial and tribulations the world has for in fighting we gain strength and a will to survive.

Nate M
Rating
well do something to make your mind not think of it.. like a video game or candy

gypsyveg
National Suicide Hotline 1-800-Suicide (1-800-784-2433)

pittiemom66
I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. Find someone, anyone that you trust or respect...Tell them what's going on with you. They may not be able to totally understand from your perspective, but you may be surprised at how much others want to help you through these tough times and will try very hard to understand because your life is worth it. I don't know what issues you're going through, but understand this...Everyone's life makes a difference. GOD bless you and I sincerely hope that you get healthy and find happiness soon.

Bryan
i understand what you feel. have a therapy and call suicide hotline. people can help you there.

Fly girl
I am going through something similar- only that I am too chicken to act on it. But that doesn't mean I don't regularly think it as a way out. I'm going to tell you what people on here told me- see a psychiatrist. This is what people believe works and maybe it does. It's just that I don't really believe in therapy.

I would not tell you to get over it because that's much easier said than done. I wish you the best of luck.

Stephanie RN
I think you should call your local emrgency room to see if they have a psychiatric unit and get yourself checked in for an inpatient stay. The nurses and doctors are understanding and helpful with assisting with resolutions other than ending your life. good luck to you and please get some professional help tonight.

J
Call a suicide hot-line. They are anonymous and will understand. You need to talk to someone and i think you want to since you posted this question. Depression is hard but a lot of people go through it and understand it. here are some numbers:
1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE
Don't let anyone tell you to just get over it. It is hard. Your brain is not working its best and you need some help to fix it. If you can talk to your doctor or a counselor that can help a lot. There are a lot of options out there and your regular doctor can tell you where to find them while keeping your problem confidential. Good luck.

xxcelitrika
i have suicidal thoughts everyday too..

but i told my parents the hard way.. they saw the cuts on my arms.. and it wasnt a very fun night. my parents didnt trust me for a while after that and i didnt know what to do.. then i sat down and i cleared my mind and tryed to think of all the things i have in life. and my perspective changed.. so if i were you i would force myself to tell someone.. because if you have any love or respect for yourself in your heart find it and let that force you to do it.. like tell someone you trust and know will get you help.. and if you dont know who that is then a counsler or a preacher at a church.. just ask whoever to go in a room and tell them its something important to talk about sense your uncomfortable you might not want to tell but they could ask questions to ease it a lil till your ready.. let them know exactly how you feel at the time.. and they will assure you..

beleive me your not allone allright

Shortieâ„¢
Don't do that !!
doesn't solve anything
I felt like that at a point in my life between drama and boyfriend
i wanted to die
i cried all the time and just came so close to killing myself
give it time everything gets better

trust me!

hope i helped

♥DeeKat♥
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

I know what you are going through, sometimes we can't get through things alone, get help.

Kara L
First of all, please let me say that I am so incredibly sorry that you are feeling this way. Depression can feel like a downward spiral that we are caught in and our brain fights itself. There is part of you that knows that ending your life isn't the answer, then there is the part that can't get past how you feel right this moment.
I know you may feel as though people won't understand, but, believe me, there are people who care about you that don't want you to harm yourself. You really do need to talk to someone, a friend, a parent, a therapist. Ending your life is just that, you're gone, you will no longer feel the sun against your skin, hear the birds sing, hug your friends.
I don't think its that you want to end your life, you just wish you didn't feel the way you feel right now. What is it that is causing you to feel this way? Please share your feelings with someone, you need to take care of yourself, you are worth helping, you deserve to be happy!

2fast4Love
I have been in your shoes before...and I have been battling depression my whole adult life. When I think about actually killing myself, I don't. I think of all the things I'd miss, all the happy times I could have, all the people who would either remember me or want to forget me (can't let that happen..hehe), all the things I haven't done yet that I really want to do.
I once read a story about a person who was going to kill themself, but before she did, she did everything she ever wanted to do, and it made her really happy, and then wondered why she ever wanted to check out early.
There is counseling, therapy, suicide lines etc., but nothing beats telling a good and trusted friend. Let someone know.

Just remember this: There is no coming back from death. Once you die, that's it. Time passes on and you will not be there with it. The time we have in this world is soo very precious and there are many people in your life that would be as sad as you are now if you took your own life. You would just be passing on your sadness to many others that love and care about you.

FIND LOVE AND EMBRACE IT.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy