Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is it normal ???
i hate being in groups. i hate hanging in groups of over 5 (including myself). thats why i dont have very many friends. once my teacher left the classroom and all hell broke loose. there were kids ...

Do you think your wierd??

What things can trigger you to go into rage?

How can i stop feeling depressed....?
Ive been feeling depressed for a long time and its no fun.. how can i break away from it.......

Is it possible to beat clinical depression without anti-depressants?
If so tell me how. I've felt like sh1te for days and have all the same symptoms as when I have had it before like crying nearly all the time. But I don't want to go back to the docs and end ...

Is wanting to jump off a bridge a sign of depression?

Why do i do drugs?
i have done drugs, more than a few times actually. i feel really good when i am doing them, but guilty after. should i keep doing them and live with the guilt or should i give up my happiness?...

Please interpret this Dream?
In my dream, I was reorganizing and cleaning. But It wasn't my real apartment,it was bigger. In the dream I lived there. There were alot of old-fashioned white wooden drawers. There was white ...

What do you do to get rid of your daily stress after work? How do you spend your time till you sleep?

Am i depressed or just weak minded?
hi. im 22 years old and have never had a gf,and never really even had a girl interested in me that i have liked. it seems i always fall straight into the friend wagon, never the boyfriend. this has ...

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

I'm plain and kind of ugly. Can I actually have boyfriends?
http://i225.photobucket. I just sat and cried for hours because it hits me how unattractive I am to men--both attractive and otherwise.
I'm ...

How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time....

OMG , Plz help me with this for gods sake ?? I am ruining myself?
I am a college student , age :18 , male , & a gay ; I have fell in crush with my professor ( He is around 26 ); But he is now moving to other state permanently & he may never meet us again ; I...

A vampire in the family?
our niece just spilled the beans to a cousin that she's a vampire. sneaks out at night to feed. has headaches from the voice in her head, that talks to her for hours at a time. got it from a ...

How can you tell if someone is addicted or using cocaine?
i have a feeling my bf is using it and im not sure i dont know how to tell. plz help
Additional Details
also i dont want to let him know that i think hes using it because ive heard that ...

Could I be Bi Polar?????????
My Aunt has been diagnosed with Bi Polar disease.
So I looked it up and I think I may have it.

I can be EXTREMELY HYPER to where I'll do ANYTHING.
I will do "crazy"...

Does drinking alcohol help anxiety sufferers?
Does it help calm you as my sister tells me, I dont drink cos I am scared it will affect my pill or make me feel dizzy etc???...

My dreams are freaking me out?
every time i have my period, i have a recurring dream, that my daughter is being kidnapped, i always find her, but then i have to watch her being abused, last night however i dreamt that my son had ...

I need help?
Its hard to explain everything but i will give u some details, i have derpression and some social promblems, and i am a full time carrer and i am finding it really hard to cope with everything most ...

marcus
How long can you go without sleep before you start going crazy?

Baba Yaga
It would depend to some extent on the individual. I know the US military has done a number of studies on sleep-deprivation on the battlefield. They were hoping to drug up their soldiers to keep them going (during the Gulf War). Apparently, no such wonder-drug was isolated by the US military researchers. The soldiers 'lost it' anyway. You may find some references to this research by searching the internet.

white_or_nerdy
Rating
according to professionals,going without sleep for consecutive 35 to 50 hours will make your mind drop into a confused state and you;ll start hallucinating then going crazy.

Luvfactory
Being narcoleptic, it can vary for me. Sometimes I desparately need sleep as early as 3 hours after getting up from a 10-hour sleep. When I say 'desparate' I mean I could go crazy and be very moody, agry and unable to think if I don't get that sleep. If I don't take my medication for a while then all this can happen, however, with medication I suppose I could go probably for 24 hours without sleep like any normal person would be able to but I've never tried it. I suppose if I over-medicate I could go for 48hrs. By the way, if you took my medicine you'd probably wouldn't feel the need to sleep for a full 48hrs! LOL!

just ask jo
its 30 hours but not recomeneded that u try it as ur body need to rest while u r awake your mind is on the go all the time & u could get over loaded with info
if you ever did that it would prob take you just as long to get over it you can become very ill through it
so i would never try it

Not Ecky Boy
Rating
Well I am in a unique position to answer this because I work with some real macho "American driller" types. Who think they can stay awake on the job for 48 hours at a time.

Once a person has been awake for more than 24 hours their decision making abilities are dramatically reduced. They can handle normal situations, but are unable to rationalise ABnormal situations.

stella
Rating
About 24hrs then i go craaazy!

king_badger
Rating
About 42 Hours.
.....Did you ever watch "touch the truck" presented by dale winton?

They had a load of people in a shopping center who had to stay awake and keep touching a truck...the last person left still touching it at the end was the winner.....people started halucinating after about 2 days....the best being the polish guy who started talking about seeing butterflies!

bumbleboi
Anymore than four or five nights without any sleep would cause confusion, disorientation, paranoia and hallucinations. You would not become unwell in the sense that people with illnesses such as bi-polar disorder and shcizophrenia do but you would have similar symptoms. It is very rare for this to happen and even when people suffer from insomnia they do not go completely without sleep, they just have varying degrees of reduced sleep.

happyglow123
Well I can tell you this 3 yrs ago I took a bus from ontario to british columbia 3 and a half days Never sleeping when I got to b.c I was actually hallucinating strange stuff and felt really weird

Robfev
i once stayed awake for 4 whole days and at the end i had no sense of balance and i fell down my stairs and knocked myself out. my speach was a little drunken too. so i guess that if you saw me that day then you would of thought i was crazy!

DO NOT REPEAT MY MISTAKE!

Moosic
Rating
ive gone 48 and been perfectly fine.... and my friends have too (science mid-term studying)/music practicing... nuthin' happened

gmonte33
Rating
Generally three days or more without any sleep at all will bring on auditory and visual hallucinations and sometimes paranoia.

Steve
according to my wife it begins before I wake up

iris
Rating
Ive done it since I was 9 or 10 and I have actually improved intellectually

pferde
I suffer insomnia from time to time and often go 40 hours with little or no sleep, and I've never yet had hallucinations. Currently, I've had no sleep at all in the last 25 hours, and it's only 10am, and I feel fine.

bashnick
Rating
About 30 hours...then I am loopy as all get out!

Wonderazz
Rating
I was sick once and awake for about 48 hours straight and I started getting really paranoid (my phone rang late at night and my heart starting beating really fast because I thought someone had died!) and I was hearing things. It was crazy!

GERHARD K
Rating
make your self a cup of cammomile tea and 3 drops of lemon
and sleep

stepup1895
For some people, it's just 10 hours but the majority can last for 30 plus hours because they start behaving aggressively.
Subtract 5 hours for a full moon...seems to happen sooner

MARCO
40 nights....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy