Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I feel alone even when people are around me?
I have plenty of friends, two really close friends but I still feel lonely.
Additional Details
I think I have depression but am not ...

I have ocd?
I have obsession compulsive disorder its so stressing what do i do? Do u have ...

How can i be Sad, low, depressed and high, happy, hyper, at the sametime?
I've been a cutter for a long time now been on 6 lots of meds for depression. Coz I have been on 6 lots and they not worked my GP has taken me off meds and is now saying "well maybe your ...

I need help I am having a panic attack how do I control it help please I am not feeling well in the head?

Depressed teen?
i am a 15 yr old girl. i think im depressed but im not sure. lately i have been feeling sad all the time and wanting to listen to sad songs. my life is normal but i keep thinking that its horrible. i ...

Who do u trust when u r depress?
i'm depress i don't trust anyone...none of my family, friends, teachers, or strangers,...i need someone to talk to that understands me......

Do you have a sense of humor??
can you laugh at others idiocy?

can you make others laugh when they are down and out?

are you even willing?...

Why........?
soo i dont know if this a question or not..but my freiend died a lil over 4 months ago..and one point..we were more than "friends"..but we never dated..and i still think about him alot..and ...

Each night I have to brush my teeth or it's always on my mind...?
...is that an addiction or a habit? If they're different then what are differences in the way each is addressed?...

I truely am worthless?
I lack the ability to complete simple tasks. I use drugs to kill the pain I feel, and it works. I want to crawl int a hole and disappear from the world. I would be doing it a favor. to say everyone ...

Is there anything out there that is safe and can get you high?
Well I tried weed a couple of times. There was times were I had this feeling that felt soooo good. Like a mood lift. Like my soul was smiling and I felt good. Like a long lasting feel good sigh.

Am i just weird or is there really something wrong with me?
i don't care if i ever see my grandparents, i don't have a relationship with them and i don't want one. my nephews B-day is today and there haveing a party for him and i don't ...

I have a one questions my mind is very depressed. my mind thinks always.?
i think i have two minds working in same time. one mind say one thing and second say other thing. i am very confusrd. what should i do?...

How to treat depression without professional help or drugs?
I do have depression symptom.
I'm a little workers ant so dont expect me to seek help from a professional....

Why am i like this?
since chilødhood i have a complex that i m ugly. no one has ever told me that and even ppl say my looks are above average but still i feel ugly and hate it when someone takes my photo during any ...

I am a very beautiful female, but i am afraid of my own beauty?
ppl always say i am pretty, they say that i should worry about anything, that i can easily get any job bc of my looks or whatever.....
but the problem is i am afraid of my own beauty. i know it ...

Help me i think that I am seconds away from doing something really stupid!!!?
Help.....i know that i talked to people on here yesterday....but right now i am thinking about doing what i know will end it all....last night i tried to take everyones advice....i called people for ...

Why is it that so many "teens" are so troubled these days?

My cable WENT out and I JUST SMASHED MY TV, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Am I depressed? Bipolar?
Yes its long. Please read. It would mean a lot.

I feel like there is a deep pit in my stomache. Fun activies that use to excite me dont even spark interest. I am only fully happy when I ...

Carrie
Deperssion?
Has anyone out there ever suffered from depression, and if so, How did you discover you were suffering from it and can it ever be defeated?
Additional Details
Thanx for all the answers

Midnight Rambler
1st sign is your spelling suffers!

albertdarcosmo
Rating
Depression? Me? no way, I got it all, babes, bucks!

fitz5431
I can not overcome it it grows more and more year by year. try ed it all every type of therapy every pill, no help.

samcsamcsamcsamc
Rating
i found when i felt depressed that being with my friends helped me alot tell them how you feel and if they are you friends they will care for you.

ace
i have been for the last 20 years with that panic attacks for 5 years and self mutilation for 15 years well i was diagnosed with it because i could not ever seem to feel happy no matter what i did for defeating it i don't think so

Francis7
Was manic depressive when I was eighteen and tried to end it all numerous times,aspirin overdose,wrist slashing,stabbing,the last time stabbed myself in the stomach and barely survived.Dr told me and the caring nursing staff the only one to decide was myself.
I swore I would never let myself get so low again,Spent 6 months in hospital and another 6 recuperating,decided I needed a goal to aim for so joined the ambulance service,loved the job,never looked back,got married to a nurse,had two wonderful children and now a grandson i doat on,its taken a lot to admit to this on here but it goes to show you can master your own feelings. So get up and do something like me and you will make it.God Bless and be strong.

Dentist by Lativus Vital
Rating
Hello, my name is Philip - I haven't been suffered from dep. yet. Still i hope to help you with this toughts.

If you hvae been diagnosed with depression, you may wonder why it had to happen to you. There is a fact: anyone can get depression. Like any serious medical condition, depression needs to be treated.Depression is not something you can just switch off. It's caused by an imbalance of brain chemicals, along with other factors.

Major depressive disorder, commonly referred to as "depression," can severely disrupt your life, affecting your appetite, sleep, work, and relationships.

The symptoms that help a doctor identify depression include:

* constant feelings of sadness, irritability, or tension
* decreased interest or pleasure in usual activities or hobbies
* loss of energy, feeling tired despite lack of activity
* a change in appetite, with significant weight loss or weight gain
* a change in sleeping patterns, such as difficulty sleeping, early morning awakening, or sleeping too much
* restlessness or feeling slowed down
* decreased ability to make decisions or concentrate
* feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, or guilt
* thoughts of suicide or death

If you are experiencing any or several of these symptoms, you should talk to your doctor about whether you are suffering from depression.

Realize...Diagnose...Treat...Feel better.

Best regards, P

Helen
Real depression prevents the sufferer from knowing they have it .
It's usually family and friends that bring it to the attention of a doctor .
doctors can help with medication in the short term but the medication can become the problem in the long term .

If you or a friend feel the need medication ask a doctors advice but be certain to tell him that you would like a date entered into your records stating when he should start weaning you of medication because all to often they just don't bother .

IT CAN BE BEATEN !

Ace Librarian
Rating
You can get information about symptoms and treatments for depression at:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003213.htm#Prevention

Anne A
Rating
My therapist told me for nearly 9 months that she thought I was depressed. Until I crashed & burned up I thought I was holding my own. Silly me.
Once I went down I realized that I had been in a cycle of depression for a really long time. Sometimes I was really bad & other times I did do ok.

I actually went and got the book "10 days to better self esteme" and that is my savior. Sounds funny I realize, except that I have told about 3 of my clients (Im a Massage Therapist) who suffer from depression as well, and every single one of us came back from that wicked abyss with the help of that book.
Its written by a shrink - its Really, Truly helpful!! It worked better that med's for all of us.

kay77hotmail
hi their i have suffered depression for some years . i discovered i got by seeing my GP and told all i was doing is crying and not sleeping or eating very much .he asked me what was going on in my life and about my past . i told some of it the first time i see him .and more the next time it took me some time to put my trust in him. talking dos help . i still have alto of bad days . i just take ea sh day as it comes

labinaj72
i found my self in an isolated area thinking what have i done. you cant eat, your losing weight......etc

?
Rating
It depends what has caused this bout of depression, or if you have had it long term!!!
I have suffered for year's through past events. Psychiatry, Therapy, all helps but you need to get to the root of the problem, before you can start proper, self healing. If you would like to talk, chat to me, you are quite welcome, in confidence obviously.
Go to you doctor aslo, he will help, either his-self or fereral.

matthew.armstrong
It is really hard at 1st to know.ultimatly if you remain unsatisfied and unhappy whilst everything in your life is really good them u may have it.

there are about 8 syptoms like:

sleeping too much or too little

appetite being too much or too little

constant depressing thoughts including self harming and or suicide (although that is at the extreme end)

over anaysis of small issues (thats what I had)

leading to constant internalysing of thoughts and issues (this is mild shitzophrenia (when you can turn it off or there is a running commentry in your head of what your doing)

anti depressants are good they do work. but short term eat alot of fresh salmon and oily fish and consume omega oil pills, tghey are a natural antidepressant

speak to a doctor.

It may cure other issues that may have seemed unrelated including.

I dont think most people question whether they are depressive unless they are to some extent, cos its not a conclusion most people jump to, I think more people have it than realise and for me anti d's didnt make me happy like I hoped, just level and took away the mental anguish and over-internalising

good luck, (search up depression symptoms and see if they mach with what you have.

?
Rating
I currently suffer from depression. Not everybody has the same symptoms when they suffer from it. The symptoms can include, sleep problems, weight problems, withdrawal from your normal activities, tearfulness for no apparent reason. These are just a few. If you feel you are depressed go to your gp. It may take time but depression CAN be defeated. Although I'm not quite there myself, members of my family who have been depressed HAVE defeated it. I wish you good luck and please see your gp.

Country Girl
Rating
yes it can be defeated but you must allow yourself to be helped!!! sometimes medication is necessary and you have made the first step by admiting you have it....its ok you will get over it mine comes and goes and i have little episodes now and again I personally find excersize a must as it releases the happy hormones in your body.....no1 see your doc no 2 be easy on yourself no 3 let people help you well done hon for making your first step your 1 step nearer to recovery....xxx

michaelizdabest
i have the first thing i done was not talk to anyone and then i started being alone for a while and started cuting myself for about a year and a half but everythings fine now dont worry about it it can be defeated sumhow dont know how though it just kinda happened one day

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy