Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Suicidal, I know I need help?
I am suicidal, my friends are all pissed off because they think I am not depressed and want me to go bak to my old happy self. But they are adding to it. They completely ignore me and act as if our ...

Do i have a problem?
I'm 28 years old and I have never had a boyfriend. I dont drink and I have a disease that makes me walk funny. I dont really have any friends and I like to stay in at night and watch the telly. M...

What do I do now I'm at rock bottom?
As a man I have been stripped of everything I care about:

No. of friends: 0
Job: none
Weight: ...

My Fiance wants to commit suicide- Help!?
I have been with my fiance for 4 1/2 half years. I have never cheated on him! This past month, I have been talking to a guy behind his back that lives up north. The guy and I were not talking about ...

How can i relieve stress?
I handle stress very badly and in an unhealthy way. I'm taking a health class now and were covering stress and said it could lead to traumas and other bad diseaeses. I've always had a bad ...

I hate my life. I worry to much. I feel to ugly all the time its not fair?
Okay so im a 14 year old girl. I go to high school. I hate it soo much. I feel awkward talking infrount of people so when i am picked for something i end up stuttering and people laugh. I feel ugly. O...

I am severely depressed and feel suicidal. can someone please help. can you give me a purpose for living?

Additional Details
hi, i dont see a purpose for life. i dont know why im here and what and why i am doing things for. if there is a ...

How can i stop being bullied?
i hate school. its hard to make friends, get along with people and everything. everyday its the same group of stupid boys and stupid girls bullying me. making fun of me, calling me names and stuff. i ...

I need help I don't know what to do any more?
I have been suffering from depression and an anxitey nervous disorder as a result I have given up on my karate training (I try going back then I feel scared andd can't do it). I'm on ...

What scares you?

How do u deal with depression?

My son sleeps until 4 oclock in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Additional Details
He is 21 years old. He goes to college. The three days he has to get up earlier, he gets up at one oclock for ...

Please stop me from killing my self?

Identify two great reasons to be alive?
For me this life is just an existence. Oh sure, I know what to do to move away from grief and pain, but in addition to that, I want to know what to move TOWARDS -to have a drive, to have a reason to ...

Why am I becoming MORE MISERABLE as i get older?
i rarely ever smile or laugh anymore and when i do, it's sounds like i'm being ...

What are your fears?
everyone has atleast one mine is dark and kinda ...

Is this weird?
Is it weird to wonder what its like to be a girl? Haha, midlife crisis :P...

Is it normal when you are considering suicide...?
...to think about wanting it to hurt the feelings of people who said they cared about you?...

Am I insane or gifted ?

I feel insane(literally)! Please help!?
Im only 14 years old, but i feel like im slipping into insanity. Im extremely paranoid im being watched and that im mom is going to die. If she doesnt answer my calls i worry she's been ...

Brenda L. T
Can you please give me some tips to save money?
I use to buy and collect clothes, books, dvds, cds etc. When I get tired of them I just throw them away. Is this normal? Does anyone do the same thing? Please advice me.

Matt
no dont throw them away you can give them to me.!! or sell them on e-bay

hector
it is normal ,i usually have yard sale to get of unwanted stuff and sometiimes i,m sorry i did.

dsmith68111
Rating
no i have never collected things and then threw them away. you need help get some counseling.

vahucel
Rating
Make a plan. One part is to save... you leave it in an account ... the other you may put out as you like.

LazlaHollyfeld
It's probably not average, but of course it's normal--for you.

If you want to change that behavior and save money, find a thrift shop in your area that takes items on consignment. They will sell the stuff you give them, and share the money with you.

When you see something you want (not need) to buy, you may only have it if you get rid of something like it. Say a pair of shoes for a pair of shoes. And you MUST sell the old pair, not just throw them out.

Stop eating out, if you do. You will save a fortune that way, and become a good cook. Even if it's not healthful, a microwaved TV dinner is less than half the price of a Burger Meal. And a salad made at home is probably about a quarter the cost of one at a restaurant. Even if you buy all pre-prepared veggies.

If nothing works to change your behavior, it would still be great if you'd take the good stuff you're throwing away to a local shelter or a charity thrift shop. Not only will you help the charity, but those of us who can't afford even new WalMart things will buy and love them. <s>

If it weren't for people like you who bought things they didn't need, I'd be naked and wouldn't have my bread machine, my ice cream maker, my unmatched set of heavy stainless steel cookware or my microwave. Oh, and my books. Lots and lots of books. Thanks!

sweetie
Rating
sell the stuff on Ebay or amazon.com.

sparklegirll1972
Rating
i don't believe in credit cards! only for emergencies, i only buy the things i really need, and im a bargain shopper. if its not on sale....im not buying.

SWIFFER THE WONDER MUTT
Not normal. You have a buying compulsion.

george washintonn
You should sell them after your done and buy them used too. Borrow books, Cd's and Dvd's at your librarie.

embia13
Rating
Look at the things you really want and not so want but want to have it less. Or just don't buy anything until you have enough money to spend.

ThereseRose
Rating
You have OCD, Obsessive Compulsion Disorder. Cut up the credit cards and quit collecting this stuff. What you don't want anymore, try selling on eBay or other auction sites to make money from them. Or instead of throwing them away, make a list of everything and what they cost and give them to a charitable organization. If you are able to itemize on your income tax, you get a portion of what the items cost put towards your total tax payment.

jdshelton2003
why throw them away. take them to a second hand store and cash them in. and YES IT IS ABNORMAL AND CRAZY

jason
sell the stuff instead of tossing it for a start.

mandalawind
Have a yard sale. Don't eat out or buy lattes on a daily or even weekly basis. Learn to cook. Make a shopping list before grocery shopping and eat before you shop so you don't impulse buy....stick to the list. Try to grocery shop just once a week. Buy some of your clothes, cd's etc at yard sales or thrift shops, you'd be surprised what kind of great things you can get. Buy your books used from Amazon.com. Buy a bike and ride it to some of the places you usually drive to....it is good exercise and NO GAS!!

Zoe
Why don't you give them away to the Goodwill or The Freecycle on the web.You can sell them on Ebay and make some money.Alot of people are wasteful,me included but I am going to start giving things away on my local freecycle

Wyatt Earp
Rating
Yes its called aging...when we grow older we realize that we don't need much :)

kitty
Rating
Set up a jar in a safe place and every day put in a dollar or two. If you slack off then you have to put in five dollars. Eventually you will have enough saved.

KA
Rating
Save money first before you spend any thing. Pay your self, then pay debts, buy essentials and then you Can spend what's left. If you choose to get rid of things as they accumulate you might make more money by selling them.

ganja_claus
Not normal.
You are looking for a meaning in your life, your feeling empty inside.
You cant fill it with goods, even with all the goods in the world you will feel like your on your own at times.
Try turning to philosophy or religion...
Just dont start buying and collecting books about it!

LOL

SAMI
Start earning with your own hard work.

sexybabygurl4545
Rating
HIDE IT FROM YOSELF OR HAVE A SECRET STASH

onetomgreenshowfan
Rating
No it's not normal to throw those things away, ebay, pawn shops, and other stores can give you cash for the DVD's, and Cd's you dont want... and some stores even buy books, now you wont get nearly what you paid for them, but it's better than tossing it. Also you might try getting a DVD burner, so you can copy movies you rent... that is another thing that would save you a ton of money... after about 10-15 movies you paid for the dvd burner and blank dvd-r's... so you should consider that...
hope it helps..

*~BeA$T~*
Rating
what r u thinking u r throwin away $ pawn it thats wat i do and a way of not spending so much $ is to have things that u want or need to buy and put that money aside and when u earn that $ decide if u still need it and if not put it toward something else.or just dont spend so much $

asiansanjose
Rating
How about marry a rich man and still do what you like to...

itsme!
Stop taking things for granted. Don't throw them out give it to charity. You are being greedy and selfish, wake up! As far as saving money try ING.com. Start an automatic savings account and see the money grow.

Reidi
Whenever you have time please go to the bank and open a save up GIC account or a regular account with no withdrawal access. This will help you to save some money for a while instead fof buying clothes. I don't want to be judgmental, but this seems like a shopping problem.

HAPA CHIC
Rating
I had the same problem you do ...now instead of tossing them I sell them on ebay or craiglist and save the money ..you won't believe the junk you think you have is valuable to someone else

cookiemonster31
YEAH I UESD 2 HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS BUT IM GLAD I GOT A PLAN !!! BECUZ I HAD NOTHING IN MY POCKET 4 A WHILE IT IS OK 2 REWARD URSELF BUT SOMETIMES ITS OK 2 JUST GO WITHOUT SOMETHING 4 A WHILE ESPECIALLY IF U THROW IT AWAY AFTER UR FINISHED!!! SO DON'T FEEL BAD IF U GOT ANYMORE QUESTIONS ILL ANSWER THEM TTUL

M L
Buy ONLY if You have the Cash for it... don't make purchases with Credit Cards!

Angel54
Rating
Insead of throwing books,dvd's and clothes away try to sell them on ebay or donate them to some chairty like Goodwill.Someone will get use out of them.I give some things away that are good,and only crummy clothes or junk i throw out.Maybe selling on ebay will keep you busy and you won't buy so much.Hope this helps.Angel54

hgranger23
1. Make a list of the things you need.
2. Carry a limited amount of cash. No credit cards!!
3. Put a picture of something that means alot to you or something thatyou're saving up for, like on the fridge or IN the fridge or on the cover of your wallet. Believe me, this works.
4. Put your extra money in a savings account that you can access only through the year.
5. Take your extra stuff to a place that will give you money for stuff that's in good condition. In South Carolina, it's called Plato's Closet. Or, take them to Goodwill or give them to a charity that shipps clothes and other stuff overseas to third-world countries.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy