What do I do now I'm at rock bottom?

As a man I have been stripped of everything I care about: No. of friends: 0 Job: none Weight: ...

As a man I have been stripped of everything I care about:

No. of friends: 0
Job: none
Weight: obese
Parents: Washed hands of me
Mood: Angry/Alone
Hopes/ambitions: none

I used to think as a child that noone cares about me - but they did - I was surrounded by love - but it's all gone now.

Please - is there anyone out there who can give me a life plan on how to pick my self up because I don't want to commit suicide and I don't want to be a seiral killer either.

terri101
look for a job go on a diet the job should give you friends be happy at the job , hope it helps

I love my baby boy!
Rating
You've got two choices:

1. Go back up.

2. Go sideways.

lynnie
Rating
First off you need to sit and think where all bad things went wrong go through one by one and fix things. I would start with finding employment. There are a lot of people that hit rock bottom and it is up to you and only you to set goals and reach them life is what you make it and there is always someone else out there that has it worse than you always have to remember that!! Pick up the pieces and put it all back together. Taking yourself out describes a weak person that just gives up, you need to be strong and take life by the horns and show yourself that it can be done. Take is day buy day and always know that all things are possible, give yourself more credit, you've got a lot more life to live only to make things better for you. May GOD bless you!!!

kat
hold on life is well done ...somebody needs you somewhere maybe not today so that's the reason why we have to hold on ...maybe if you had a passion? it helps something you love something that makes you stop thinking for a while...when i feel bad i just dance ...like an idiot ...it takes off all the bad vibes...and if you do some activities you might meet new people and who knows maybe the love of your life....i hope you feel bether...positive is the winning word ...good luck...

timothy_yeav
dont doubt urself, go to church and talk with a priest who can help u.

parkermbg
Rating
if you like what you been getting-keep doing what you been doing!!!!

if you dont like it-then you have to change one thing-----EVERYthing!

it took time to get where you are, it will take time to get out too.............

suggested life plan;
1. go to overeaters anonymous to deal with your weight! (you should be able to find meeting locations online-do a search)
2. figure out a career path and pursue it passionately
3. dealing with your pisspoor mood,.....write a gratitude list daily!
4. friends? well i bet you pushed people away somehow, so its going to take time and an attitude change to get people back into your life.
parents;??? forget 'em for now---do things that make you proud of yourself and they may pull their heads out.

the best gift you can give yourself is a new lease on life

Willow
Forget all these issues, you need to start working on you. You have no control over your own life at the moment, you are spiralling downwards. This has nothing to do with others but everything to do with how you feel about yourself. Which right now is probably....Disgusted, hopeless, trapped, alone,scared. Change all of that, negative thinking produces negative action. Look at what you can do to make positive changes, stop comfort eating you know it only adds to your problems, get outside, start walking, look around you the world is a beautiful place. Start looking for ways to improve your chance of finding work, do some studying, take some courses. seek advice, there is plenty out there if you assert yourself. Your future is in your hands, no one elses, you make the decisions and choices no one does that for you. Do you want to continue as you are now, give up on everything a 22? Hell no.....Grab your one and only life by the throat and turn it around. It will be hard there is no doubt of that, but you can do it, you know you can. Think positively, do not let negative thoughts control you, you are in charge of your thinking not the other way around. Even the longest journey starts with a first step, start your journey today. Good luck x

Jojo
Rating
Hello,
Every one hits rock bottom the richest of rich and the poorest of poor. Your 22 your not a child its time you take responsibility and realize how you have gotten where you have not to say that everything is your fault. Never in my life do I want people to say they have no job if you have to sell papers on the side of the road thats what you do and you do it proud. Positive people get positive things and the same with friends if you give off negative energy thats what you get from the people around you the same go's for positive people. Heres an idea volunteer at a hospital or a homeless shelter give back and see people who have real problems and have no where to go have to do.......

http://www.counseling.org/Counselors/

Hope this helps :) Happy new year!!! (Make it a good one)

min_kyaw
well you have to answer how many people from rock bottom got out of their rat holes!

you're obese then do exercise.
you're lonely but you have computer then visit the webs. get into google groups, MSM groups, yahoo groups whatever you like.
you have books then write down whatever you like. just produce ideas. write essays or least diary. start a weblog somewhere like www.blogspot.com
you're bored then watch TV documentary, here you can argue with ideas and good for you writing too.
don't rush for a life plan but find out what you're good at - how many things...
if you have camera, it's good for your blog too.
don't worry if nobody knows you...

i can only advice you what i'm doing!

raged0800
If your at rock bottom, you got nowhere to go but up

Ladybird
Rating
Hey Danny,
You sound like a really nice guy! We all hit low spots in our life and only we can pick ourselves up. You need to go see your GP and get some counselling. It really does work!
Don't sit on your own in this wonderful world, get yourself well and get out there to enjoy every day of your very precious life.
Good luck
Take care
X

kari
Why have you been stripped of all of those things? You said you thought no one cared about you before, but they did. Is it possible that is re-occuring? Either way, I would suggest strengthening or starting a relationship with God. No matter your beliefs prior...even if you have never believed, what would it hurt, as you say you are at rock bottom? Might be worth giving Him a try! And within that belief system...you are truly never alone.

giuseppi
Rating
Try church- get in touch with God. Maybe if you can get your mind on someone who is higher than you, it will help you prioritize as you pull out of the dumps.

Whatever it is you do, though, you have to be proactive. Find something you can be ambitious about- something productive that you can accomplish and make yourself do it. Start a painting, go to school, do something that has a definite goal and work for it. Sorry about the hard times.

Telling Truth
Rating
You have hopes and dreams and you have a desire in your heart to be heard.

I was once confused about what my life was too. I drank a lot because I liked the feeling of not caring and it loosened me up. Problem was I still had that hollow feeling inside even when I was around people who I thought liked me.

One night I turned to God and asked him if he would help me find a better life. I won't share all the details of that personal prayer but I will tell you that the part of the prayer that was answered for me was the part where I asked him if there was a church I should join.

It was the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I ask God to help me find his church and a week later I ran into one of his missionaries in a Walmart parking lot.

Have Missionaries ever come to your door? If so, that might have been God calling you to the fold. If you turned him down then perhaps you are seeing the folly of that decision now.

There are wonderful people waiting to meet you.

I can tell you with truth that this church has been the single greatest change to my life I have ever known. My life is now full of love and understanding, and I know for a fact that God is real and I also know what he wants of me. You are not here by chance.

Talk to a missionary online today

http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/exhibit#Sandy_adversity

rich2481
go to church and find God,

take control of your life, be positive every day, when you feel yourself getting low, tell yourself to pick it up and move on, no sense in pouting,

Serendipity
Rating
You have no friends because you are not in school or working. People cannot come and knock on the door and say lets be buddys. You are overweight because you are depressed and sit in the house on the computer too much. Angry because you do not know how to get control of yourself.
Shake yourself up get a pen and paper and start a life plan. Force yourself to begin slow like by walking around the block and then after a few days do it more often and for longer. Start applying for jobs. If you have to walk to do it then force yourself in case you do not have a car. My friend is 300 lbs. and I can tell you people are prejudice about hiring you overweight people. But someone will give you the chance to prove yourself. As you get busier you will eat less and moving around will help you begin to lose weight. It won't happen all at once but it will happen. Your parents are irritated because you are too inactive but they will get over it and support you when you start trying to get out of the house and get moving. Good luck!

big red
Rating
pick yourself up dust yourself down chin up look forward no matter how low you are it will get better i was there a long time ago im up happy and got a beautiful wee baby girl now i didnt think i could have this life if you need to talk to someone call the samaritans they are that good i wish you well

Izzy A
I'm sorry to hear that. I know it's depressing but you need to change the way you think about yourself. If you can't love yourself then it is difficult for other people to do so. SO think positive (even though it's hard - i know it is), change your attitude: instead of thinking what you've lost concentrate on what you have to gain. Get out there, go to places you've never been and find a job, get to know people and you'll find yourself building more and more self confidence.

Only one person can change your situation: and that's you.
Good Luck darling =)

dinosaurmama
Rating
When you have reached the end of your rope? TIE A KNOT AND HANG THE HELL ON!!! Find a good doc, get some antidepressants, get a job and work on yourself!!! I have faith in you and I have never even met you. Also if you have a faith find a church and begin attending. To heck with your parents and anyone else who is toxic to your betterment!~ You are here 4 a reason and you know you are worthwhile or you would have never asked 4 help

GREGOR
Depends on your beliefs, If your a man of god then go talk to clergy fast! If not believe in yourself and good things will surely come.

st.luciabride
Rating
you desperately need a support group. Are you an addict or alcoholic? over eater? or just depressed? These groups work on a 12-step program to turn your life around. The tools you will learn to cope with life and make better decisions are things that you can apply to any situation. There should be no embarrassment on your part, because everyone is there for the same reason. To get better and help someone else. You will find people who truely do care about you and will guide you back to better, happier living. Good luck

PS- There seem to be lot of people on here who do not understand depression. Do not pay attention to their mean comments. You need some help. If you can afford to, go see a doctor. They may start you on an anti-anxiety/anti-depression pill to give you a boost. But don't stop there. Find a group to talk to (there is no charge for these) and get on the road to healing

fcas80
Rating
I am very sorry you feel this way.

I have no life plan for you, just a single suggestion:

Find a way to do volunteer work to benefit someone else. Serve food at a food kitchen, help clean up a park, volunteer at campaign headquarters for a candidate, ... there are many choices.

At least this way you can say, "For this moment, I am doing something positive." From there, perhaps things will improve.

What can you lose?

Good luck.

Sands
I am not qualified to direct you, especially without details of your situation. Help is out there. The first step is asking and it looks like you are. I wish you all the best. (((hugs)))

You ask, I answer
Rating
get into therapy. it has helped me so much. any "third-party" person-one you aren't related to, can help you. don't let the fact that you don't have a job keep you from it. there are plenty of free clinics, etc. how do you have a computer? what are you doing with it? are you using it to find a job? work on your resume? you need to think positively. I'm sure nothing is as bad as you think it is.

bertha
Why did you say you used to think as a child that no one cared about you? There is a reason why you thought that and you should trust it. Children are not tainted by cynicism like adults are, until someone hurts them. I'm guessing you were hurt as a child and/or neglected in a way that hurt you deeply. The only way you are going get out of this funk is to figure out what it was and properly grieve about it. Something was keeping you from grieving about it as a child. Most time's it's an adult that is scaring the child into holding thier grief in. That child will then turn into an adult that is carrying a heavy weight but can't figure out why.

Go to a book store, get yourself a warm drink and a comfortable chair, and pull this book off the shelf: The Truth Will Set You Free by Dr. Alice Miller. (Or any book by her). She specialized in how childhood pain affects us as adults. She'll guide you in how to figure out who hurt you and to stop aiming the anger toward yourself (and others) and to properly grieve about it.

Good luck!

Brent M
Ever play Sims? You need the basics covered. Get a job. You said you are at rock bottom. Leave your pride there. If you have no issues with getting a job legally, not a felon, etc... get a job close to home. Now theres a catch-22. you need a job to get an apt, but you need somewhere to live in order to get a job. not necessarily tho. if you are homeless, find a job within walking distance of a shelter or something. if you arent, then within walking distance of your home. either way. 2 pluses. lose weight with the walking, and save money on a car and gas. Get a Mcjob, just something to help pay bills. you dont need a cell phone. people survived hundreds of years without them. or, see if any of your neighbors have a job you might be good at. Springs into my mind is landscaping. dont really need skills to be a cog in a wheel. maybe you could get a ride with them. either way, get a job. you need that. and within walking distance, would be best. somehow, get exercise into your daily routine. get excited about your job, even if all youre thinking about is what youll be able to buy with the money. employers will see the enthusiasm and dedication, which are only things you can give yourself. thats good as a start. after the needs are taken care of. work on the others. make friends at work, or when youre out walking, or once you have some cash, meet friends at places you would like to frequent. once youve done well with your life, try and make amends with your parents. remember, your pride is still down at the bottom of your hole.

Edit: O man, join a church. friends, assistance, support, as long as its a friendly church, it doesnt even matter what denomination you believe in. thats a good thought. its like an instant network. they know who has a need for workers, where an apartment is or something along those lines. Joining a Church is nothing but good.

emily\
Well. Recognize you're at rock bottom, and start picking yourself.

Try some activites that'll work on a few parts of what you want to change at once. Starting to work out will help your weight and health as well as offer a potential meeting spot for new people, not to mention that excersise releases endorphins which will improve your mood. Similarly, finding a job you like will give you some direction and offer another spot to meet people.
Put yourself out there, and start each day knowing it's a new one. Your life can be better than this.
Lots of luck.

Big Bear
Rating
God allows us to hit bottom for one reason: To turn to Him. Talk to a pastor of a Christian church. They can help you more than anyone else. And you don't need to be a member.
I know man, I've been there!
God Bless you, brother!

pollbee
Rating
Get involved in care work for the eldelery,it is rewarding and some people need more help than others.

ppe
Rating
you are not rock bottom yet, still have computer