Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is Depression merely anger without enthusiasm?

Is there something mentally wrong with me?
Ok here is the big picture, I love talking to ppl but i get this overwhelming urge to pretend to be other made-up ppl on chat on my phone. I know its wrong but I just can't stop. It's like ...

I hate my job but it's too good to quit?
I *really* hate my job. The problem is, it's so easy and pays very well. By easy I mean I have 30-45 minutes of work a day, and then can do whatever I want with the rest of the time (such as sit ...

Whats wrong with me?
i cry every night.i cannot concentrate on stuff..i've stopped writing to my friends who i miss so much..i'm 15 and have moved to a place i dont like at all..i love playing the piano and ...

Nightmares...Please read and answer!?
I posted this once...but I really need answers....

Lately I have been having re-occuring nightmares that my uncle (who raped me when I was nine years old) was on the news for raping a ...

I was raped for 5 years by my brother, how can I forget it?
I was raped from the time I was 9 and it lasted for 5 years. My own blood brother did it. How can I get over this and live a normal life?...

I am very frightened ... is this some kind of an omen .....?
i was unable to sleep and so i looked at the time and it was 3:33 am anyway i tried to to sleep but couldn't so i just layed on bed and again i looked at the time and it was 4:44 am i was ...

Can stress, anxiety & depression cause breathing problems?
if i'm really stressed then my throat & stomach feel like they're closing up?
anything i can ...

Is it possible for someone to stay awake for a year?
Saw it in a movie, wonder if it's possible....

I need help...desperatly...?
I'm a cutter. A few months ago i made a promise to my boyfriend and a specific friend that I wouldn't cut anymore. Sadly, I cut myself today. I can't tell them. I know they'll get ...

Does anyone ever actually overcome depression?
I mean without being on medication for years and how is this is done. I've already had therapy on and off over the years. Does life really ever become worth living (i understand the usual ups ...

What do u think about smoking weed?
whether it be everyday or every week, its not exaclty tha worst thing in tha world is it...what are your thoughts......

I am feeling very cold. but my wife refuses to give me shawl to wear?
she tells other relative keeps fan on. she herself feels much cold but decline to accept it.
Additional Details
We have got many ...

Do i have mental problems?
i get angry for stupid things alot, and i always think that if i get a cut it will get infected and i will die, do i need counciling or can i get over this problem myself?...

What was your weirdest dream?
My dreams are the mix of everything I did or thought of during the day. In my dream, I came out of Costco with my family with a 50 pack of magical sausages for 1.99. If you threw one magical sausage ...

Whats wrong with me?
I am 17 and have suffered from depression for years now. when i'm depressed and empty feeling i usually find myself eating without needing the food. I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs. idk if ...

Anorexia or bulimia?
if you are going to say neither... dont bother to reply
this is serious and i just wanted to know what people thin is worse.. bulimia or anorexia. thankyou

also anyone know anyone in ...

I really hate school!!!!!!!!! HELP?
Every morning I wake up with a stomachache ( really bad) and so I skip breakfast and I get to school and I feel like crap but I really have to go because if I don't I'll be really behind. M...

Depression?
Has anyone overcome depression and how did you do it?...

How can I stop myself spending money?
I just can't help myself - it's like I am addicted - to spending money and to owning things. Any ideas?...

GT
Identify two great reasons to be alive?
For me this life is just an existence. Oh sure, I know what to do to move away from grief and pain, but in addition to that, I want to know what to move TOWARDS -to have a drive, to have a reason to get out of bed.

So, please let me know TWO GREAT reasons to live.

(no religious answers please, for in my opinion religion has caused so much grief and many wars on this world)

Artie
Rating
1. Hope. While you are alive, there is still hope. Hope for insight. Hope for something better. Hope that you'll have a good reason to wake up everyday. When you're dead, that's it; there is only judgment to wait for.

2. God. You said no religious reasons. But for me, it's a philosophical answer instead of a religious one. Without God, there is no reason to live if life is unpleasant since the only meaning in life is what you make of it. With God, there is hope for an explanation and a meaning to your grief and pain.

Samantha
1. To love

2. To be loved

Felt like you have and now Im happy - it will come
xx

Roxy
Rating
1) My husband

2) My children.

PandaNanda
To be loved and to love others in return. :-) Think about it - Without the security and warmth of someone that wants to share their life/ experience with you (can be parents/ spouse/ friends) and also knowing that you can give them the security in return - life becomes dull.

guysmithdenise
because you have so much to offer, so much love to give and turn to God hes the only answer.

SARA H
Rating
I would say
1. For the people you love.

2. To make lots of money so you can be stinking rich til you eventually die and dont have to worry about mondaine things!

Hope this helps.
I am actually pleased you got out of bed today otherwise I wouldnt have been able to answer your question. Either that or you have your laptop purched on top of the quilt in which case... I hope your nice and cosy! x

rachel d
Rating
i cant even name 1 sorry

chordface
Rating
The fact that being dead isn't going to be any better. The fact that you have a reason and purpose in life, you just have to find it.

TritanBear
Rating
Love and making the most out of there is.

positive
my son my son twice over

bluesun
Rating
one is life can get better. and two a lover might find you.

techno mentalist
Rating
boy. go out and get laid. and get rat ar sed doing it. i look forward to it evey week, its what keeps me going through the week. live for the weekend.

a true friend♥
Rating
for my love

URATWAT
BREATHING IS GOOD THE OTHER IS NOT BREATHING
TWO REASONS ONLY ONE ANSWER
STAY ALIVE YOU WILL BE A LONG TIME DEAD
OR TOP YOURSELF EVEN A LONGER TIME DEAD

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MORBID THOUGHTS

meganxrenee07
Rating
Number 1 is my Family. They are so great! I love them more than anything. They mean the world to me. They are always there for me thru thick & thin. And, they know the 'REAL' me & still love me. And, they still love me despite my many mistakes.

Number 2 would have to be just being alive. There is SO much that you can do in this world. You can basically be ANYTHING that you want to be.

swish
1. Life is precious and should not be wasted, once you are dead that’s it. I want to be able to look back at my life at some point when I’m old and grey and say yeah, I am proud of myself and not have too many regrets.

2. My family – I am responsible for ensuring that my kid has a good start in life and helping my partner achieve his dreams, basically making both of them happy.

psych_donkey
1. There are a thousand experiences that make life interesting and beautiful. You just have to know how to recognize them when they come. Some are momentous ones, like falling in love. Some are "the little things," like watching the snow fall.

2. Living allows me to help other people in need. I haven't changed the world, but I've made some lives a little easier through my actions. If I go, that goes, too.

jo jo
That you can make a difference to people around you, and there is so much in the world to explore, so many countries and cultures, and the great thing is, its all out there to go and see. Not just the amazing stuff but the bad stuff like devastion of the rain forest, children who are starving and living war zones, and then you can take a look and think that you maybe don't have such a bad lot after all.

J H
Rating
1) To feel Joy which is that wonderful feeling of relief after times of grief and pain.

2) To interact with other people and to experience times of wonder, friendship and love with those people.

Best wishes.

avondrow
It's marginally better than the alternative?

Sorry, I know that's only one reason, but it's all I can think of at the moment!

mythmagicdragon
for me it is my grandchildren, and seeing the beautiful skys that autumn always produces and watching the wildlife in my garden and remembering the good times ive had over the years.

sexi_beksi
1. Because there are a lot of people out there who love u dearly & would do anything for you, even die for You!
2. Because you may not be doing the things that you truly should be doing. E.g. You may have a job in a factory but your real reason for living is to be on stage in the west end, but you are leaving this to the back of your mind because you think that you are not good enough for Acting.
I could probably give you hundreds more reasons!

PvteFrazer
Rating
If you need to ask questions like this you might as well cash your chips in now.

You can't limit great reasons to be alive to just 2!!!

Move towards not taking things too seriously, there is NO meaning to life. Life IS just an existence. However, the secret to looking forward to tomorrow is finding things YOU want to move towards, not asking other people. You need to ask yourself this question, but take your time, look deep inside yourself, find something attainable to go for and go for it.....

thebirdlady
a good question. have pondered it myself,

1. My pet african grey parrot really loves and needs me
2. I owe really good friends money and I need to pay it back - somehow.

Greenfields
First one would be the intellectual drive - each day you can discover something you didn't know before, and this is especially true if there is something that interests you, if you have a passion for something!

Secondly, being alive alows you to see and think, and you can appreciate the beauty of the world, the nature, the sky, stars, and also human art - once you start, it's difficult not to see beauty everywhere and in most unexpected places!

I live because long ago I heard Edith Piaf sing - I was thinking of comitting suicide then, but her voice and the words made me realize 'It's worth living to hear it...'

So, live the life!

Rebel Eye Kayne
Rating
That's why you don't feel a reason to be alive because you don't have God in your life. Religions are as you said, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. God made you to need Him because He loves you! Seek Him in your heart and He will give your life fulfillment and meaning.

sweetpea
Rating
to SUCCEED and prove not only to others, but to yourself that you can do it.

acehernandez2006
I honestly believe that two great reasons to be alive are my kids and love. I have three beautiful children ages 13, 5, and 2 and the love of a child is the best feeling a person can have. I also have a wonderful husband who loves me so much and vice versa that life is good. We may not be rich or have a lot of things but I believe that we are richer than any person with money. Having a loving family to come home to and see everyday makes the day such a wonderful one.

star_puk
-The people you enjoy seeing and talking to on a daily basis.

-Hobbies :-D

leowin1948
1.You have to live for yourself.Life is to enjoy
2.You have to live for others.To make others happy.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy