Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What scares you?

How do u deal with depression?

My son sleeps until 4 oclock in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Additional Details
He is 21 years old. He goes to college. The three days he has to get up earlier, he gets up at one oclock for ...

Please stop me from killing my self?

Identify two great reasons to be alive?
For me this life is just an existence. Oh sure, I know what to do to move away from grief and pain, but in addition to that, I want to know what to move TOWARDS -to have a drive, to have a reason to ...

Why am I becoming MORE MISERABLE as i get older?
i rarely ever smile or laugh anymore and when i do, it's sounds like i'm being ...

What are your fears?
everyone has atleast one mine is dark and kinda ...

Is this weird?
Is it weird to wonder what its like to be a girl? Haha, midlife crisis :P...

Is it normal when you are considering suicide...?
...to think about wanting it to hurt the feelings of people who said they cared about you?...

Am I insane or gifted ?

I feel insane(literally)! Please help!?
Im only 14 years old, but i feel like im slipping into insanity. Im extremely paranoid im being watched and that im mom is going to die. If she doesnt answer my calls i worry she's been ...

Whats the most enoying noise you have heard?
mine is the noise of flip flops i hate them they should be banned
didnt no what topic to put it under so mental health was the ...

You are on life support, what would you want a loved one to do about it?

Should I leave him in his time of need?
My husband is a depressive alcoholic and his mood swings have caused great upset to our two children.

He left the family home in Easter this year, at the time I didn't know that he ...

THINK I HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM?
most nights i cant sleep, for 2 months now i have only had about 4 hours sleep per night. i am addicted to weed but have been smoking it on and off for the last 2 months as i lost my job (not from ...

Is Depression merely anger without enthusiasm?

Is there something mentally wrong with me?
Ok here is the big picture, I love talking to ppl but i get this overwhelming urge to pretend to be other made-up ppl on chat on my phone. I know its wrong but I just can't stop. It's like ...

I hate my job but it's too good to quit?
I *really* hate my job. The problem is, it's so easy and pays very well. By easy I mean I have 30-45 minutes of work a day, and then can do whatever I want with the rest of the time (such as sit ...

Whats wrong with me?
i cry every night.i cannot concentrate on stuff..i've stopped writing to my friends who i miss so much..i'm 15 and have moved to a place i dont like at all..i love playing the piano and ...

Nightmares...Please read and answer!?
I posted this once...but I really need answers....

Lately I have been having re-occuring nightmares that my uncle (who raped me when I was nine years old) was on the news for raping a ...

*B.B.K loves rain*
Serious Problem. Please help me FRIENDS.?
I AM REALLY STUPID & SELFISH. I AM ADDICTED TO ( NO NOT SMOKING OR DRINKING ) TELEVISION , INTERNET, & LAZINESS. I CANNOT MISS MY FAVORITE SHOWS, I CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET FOR A SINGLE DAY.I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ON STUDIES BUT ENTERTAINMENT. I AM SO SELFISH. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

john e russo md
You are being harsh on yourself and it does not sound as if you are truly 'selfish'. Most young people today are 'addicted' in some sense to technology. The question is whether or not your interest in television and the internet interferes with relationships and activies (school or work). If it is not causing any problems enjoy yourself although I do admit an old man (55) like myself does not understand the fascination with the internet. I use the internet some but not a lot as I was born before computers.

slimshady3in
Rating
Oh Dear!
the way you have raised this question no one will say that you are selfish and stupid because you know what you are doing and you are feeling for it. Its just a matter of controlling your mind and you are matured enough to do so. Just try cut time dont stop just cut time from the things which you think you are wasting your time. Dont study listen to your fevorite music or read your fevorite book and see slowly you will come out from your weeknesses.
All the best

Innocence Redefined
Rating
Gitanjali ?(The name suggests that u're a Bengali, is it ? Anyways, I'm also a Bengali). Look it's not a serious problem, I'm also addicted to internet & my dad always go to kill me on the day when the phone-bill is handed over to him (I've dial-up connection). U know what ... I've 5th semester exams from 4th Dec, and look I'm still hooked to internet. Actually, I'm in Computer Sc. & Engineering, so I've to deal with my desktop throughout all hours 'n end up surfing net the whole day long.

Only thing I can tell u is ... enjoy all these entertainments, it's alright, but don't overdo, crossing the limit in any field is bad, and I think u're much younger than me... so as a student ur first duty is study, isn't it ? Allot at least 3-4 hours per day for ur studies, then besides these hours do anything u like... then u won't feel guilty. Trust me, I was also facing the same problem, but now I've overcome it. Do everything with perfection 'n in a systematic way. Study hours should be absolutely devoted to studies, keep them fixed, don't do any other activities within those hours. Try to make it a habit. At first u'll face difficulties, but when u'll overcome it, u'll feel an inner satisfaction. Good-luck.

Noor A
Rating
My dear friend nothing is wrong with you it can be solve in a matter of days if you have the will power.Get up very early in the morning get a decent bath,have some coffee or tea with some biscuits and go to a place off worship which ever stipulates in your religion and pray and ask god for forgiveness for your pass deeds and thank god for His blessings and ask him to help you to solve all your problems and do it completly with great faith in Him and remember pray like wise for 11days continuesly.You willbe certainly be guideded to the rigjt parth.

loulou777
Rating
Oh well in the long run, your bills will need payin and you will need £...

So make the most of it while you can , as it won't last forever....

Maliha S
Think of a good job or work which is good for you, and that pleases your parents. Finish it first. well enough. And then reward yourself with all the TV shows inter-nets etc. When you start finding joy on your "own accord" without anyone around to advice you or say .. wah wah.. you yourself will get indulged in doing useful work.

seybiomed
Dear Gitanjali,
Don't worry. This is a common problem with children these days. Just enjoy doing what you love. Just plan your study timings when you think you can manage. But if you aspire to get good marks you must study. But if you don't love studying don't worry. Get the subjects of your interest. I am sure if you get your subjects of interest you will start loving studies. Start taking tutuions. This way you will compulsarily plan your timings because you will not like to miss your tutions.
Remember time is the only thing GOD has distributed equally to all the creations.It is 24 hours for everyone. So planning planning and planning is the key.
Good luck. Don't worry if you are not getting good marks. Because marks are not the only thing required to make a carreer.There are many successful persons who were not good at studies. Bill Gates is one example.

nani r
Rating
Its Not Serious Problem Has you think so...But When You Addict To These Things,You Take It Serious And Leave It.

subramanien_kalyanaraman
Rating
call 044 - 65871811 and speak to dr mani. he will be able to assess you and see if you have a medical problem or not.

Chelle
just try and do other things and try stayin away from you tv and internet maybe 4 a day maybe you will feel a lil better bout yourself

Alisha S
Rating
you sound like me... and i don't think of myself like that at all.... weird how different people think in different ways... enjoy life it is way tooo short not to... good luck...

djjefrey
Rating
cell ur pc buy a new pc which has media center so
that u can store ur programes.before going to do any work first pray to god.internet ar to change ur tracks i am not telling to us e internet.as i told u buy a media center pc so that u may watch ur movie,serials ect. when ever u want.thats all for the day thank u

preethi p
You should mediate and it will improve your selfcontrol.
Keep contact with GOD through prayers.Solve your difficulties who will under stand it.

Ali S
Take it lite, get things done slowly, one at a time and learn the method until you are able to do more. It is all upon you. We all learn these skill and you might have missed out.

Rajkumar
Rating
Please do some simple changes in your life.

Spend more time with your parents, relatives and friends. Habitize reading good books, Cooking, Sports, helping each others etc...

Try to find pleasure in these types of healthy activities that will boost your relationship, mental health, knowledge.

In short you will find it hard to get time to spend with computers, if you can fall into track of life...

kanchan k
Rating
first of all make ur mind stable geetanjali.listen to ur parents wat they say.it seems to be that u r quite youn.geetanjali read some holy books like geeta and do meditation as well.go out wit ur friends.make friends who know life better than u.do meditation and concentrate on studies.think wat u will do after studies.and if one day u find urself alone without ur parents,ur husband and everyone leaves u.think about that,hope u will forget laziness and u know what everyone here is for work in this pretty word,actors are working and earning livelihood.these meias are for our entertainment when we are tired.net is for gaining knowledge.if u see serials every serial has ultimate 1 type of end.and if u have interest in media try in that field.
gudluck
kanchan

GorGeous_Girl
Rating
ok here are some tips :

dont have a tv in your room

join yoga classes or dance classes or some other hobby or activity when your favourite shows are on

that way you are enjoying yourself but also missing your shows

there is so much to do out there, take up some voluntary seva work and you will feel so much more contended with your life and feel worthwhile

help out friends / relatives / parents in their work. they will love you for it

make a time table for studying and STICK TO IT !!

but remember the only thing that can help you is self determination

so if you decide that i am going to do this, then go for it

good luck and dont ask another question - remove your addiction !

skybluesherri
Rating
your young have fun while you can...just study before you do anything else so you can have a good life when your older..

arjun j
Rating
make a freind .sit 10 hour in front of net ,when you get treid tolk with ur freind. why im saying 10 hr because u can not sit approx
10 hr do what u like . after some time u hate to doing net .

JI
Rating
Discipline yourself. Have will and determination before it is too late. Remember, the primary person who will suffer by your lack of will is yourself. Be strong and motivate yourself.

U.O.
its just upon u. self help is best help.

c
Rating
TRY TO AVOID UR BOOKS, DONT STUDY AS LONG AS MORE THAN A WEEK, JUST DO ONLY ONE THING >>>WATCH TV. BELIEVE ME, TIME WILL COME WHEN U WILL FIND THAT U ARE JUST ENOUGH OUT OF THAT AND THEN U TEND TO DO SOMETHING ELSE. THATS THE WAY U CAN GET RID OF UR PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK

upallnight
Its much easier for someone esle to entertain you then making your own fun and ya thats a tad bit lazy. maybe you dont like your own life and you have to live what you would want it to be through tv

Ananta P
Rating
Please continue the trend on still more higher scale for a year or two. Things would settle automotacally.

pp
Rating
switch off PC dont read this answer

Baby Dolls
Rating
You aren't stupid or selfish. It's a phase, you'll get over it eventually.

Warrior Poo Flinger
Rating
Sounds more like depression than laziness to me.

John
Rating
Impressive
well this problem is being faced by lots of students.. They know wht they are doing is wrong even though they con't away from them..
your name sound like an Indian I heard u ppl have more affection and family relations
just try to remember these words
imagine the reaction of u r parents while they have been asked by some on abt your status ( I am saying abt your professional life success or failure )
just imagine u r father’s reaction if u got failure,
imagine the feeling of proud which u can feel in the eyes of u r parents when u got success..
just be far from all those things those will never give a little bit support for u r career yah its hard to control your mind but with a practice u can manage that..
try to do some kind of meditation I heard that it change the human attitude
try to hear good words every day… or go for some personality development books..
may be u will be changed coz u have started thinking abt that.

Kat
Rating
Girl, be yourself! Not beat yourself up!!! :-)

ANGEL
Rating
The new year is approaching. Now that you recognize this, you should make a resolution to limit these things in 2007 and enjoy life. There is so much out there that you can experience and enjoy much more than TV & Internet. Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy