How can i relieve stress?

I handle stress very badly and in an unhealthy way. I'm taking a health class now and were covering stress and said it could lead to traumas and other bad diseaeses. I've always had a bad hi...

I handle stress very badly and in an unhealthy way. I'm taking a health class now and were covering stress and said it could lead to traumas and other bad diseaeses. I've always had a bad history with stress when i was younger i would get so stressed out i would become physically sick. I also dont handle embrassment easily. Just today i found myself with a knife tearing up and cutting things i think i may have problems is thier anywayto relieve this?

embroidery fan
Read some self-help books. Go to the library & check a few books out. If you want to buy one, I'd suggest the books below.

createearlybliss
Don't forget you are in control. You are deciding to let the stress take over or you are deciding to take control of it.
It is mind over matter. The matter is the physical effect of your
mental health reacting chemically to an un comfortable situation. We are animals and it is natural for us to fight or flee from our conflicts. Just today I let my body take over and allowed myself to become completely meloncoly to flee from what was bothering me. This safety mechanisim kept others from conflicting with me further. True thus is absurd behavior, but I allowed it to happen. Other times I become strong and stand up to what is bothering me and of course it solves the problem or at least I feel I've participated in some form of resolvement. You are strong enough to make a difference with your problems. Turn that fear of trying and that energy wasted on stabbing things into a productive attempt to confront your stressful situation. You will gain a fulfilling self assurance that you tried even if the problem wasn't resolved.
Here is a list of fity things to do to reduce stress:
Laugh, Watch a sunrise, Gaze at the stars, Stretch, Take a nap, Take a walk, Sing, Dance, Open the window, Slow down, Make time for yourself, Make friends with yourself, Give or get a message, Blow bubbles, Light a candle, Write a poem, Sing in the shower, Look for a rainbow, Set a goal, Forgive an enemy, Play, Eat comfort food, Practice kindness, Run in a race, Watch a funny movie, Visit a friend, Believe in yourself, Turn a cartwheel, Walk to school, Feed the birds, Cry when you need to, Keep a promise, Splash water on your face, Smile, Take time for yourself, watch the snow fall, Hope, Call a friend, Take a deep breath, Swing, Take a bubble bath, Spread joy, Listen to thunder, Go sledding, Tell a joke, Assert yoursalf, Give or get a hug, Forgive yourself, Trust yourself.
Above all
Create Early Bliss

Michelle S
well if it really serious, you could see a doctor and there is medicine you could take to help you feel less stressed. instead of taking your stress out in reckless ways, you could use a stress ball so that you can take it out on the ball. you could also try taking a walk or go running or biking since excercing has been proven scientifically to release stress. just find what relieves stress best for you, for me it is going runnning. and dont keep your problems bottled up inside...talk to someone who will listen to you and give you good advice. also, sometimes crying it out does help.

hope this helped :)

King John
Rating
get a massage w/ happy ending preferably

Luv2dance
Rating
breath deeply and do relaxin things like baths and candles and reading...just do peaceful things

cnickcoal_01
Sounds too simple, but find something you can get lost in. Gaming? Hiking? Driving around town? Listening to music? Reading? You HAVE to find something that will pull your mind form your stresser. I know it sounds "too easy" and "I just can't", but take it from a person that worries and has a lot of work anxiety, it's the simple things that save you....

Ray
Rating
dude what always works for me is a massage ....the act of somebody pampering me is a stress releiving

smile
meditation, sports, self reflection, admitting your mistakes and trying to be a better person with a conscious effort. Random acts of kindness, be polite and friendly, do a good deed and help someone each day. You will feel better, like a good person. All you have to do is do it. Smile at service workers and cashiers, pay full attention to them, speak clearly and concisely to them, smile say goodbye tell them thier hat is nice or tell them thier shirt is blue (doesn;t much matter) You will see people react almost immediately, they'll smile and give a darn about you because you give a darn about them. And maybe someday as michael jackson suggests the lie will become the truth.

crazy_januarY
Rating
Just know how to listen to your body. If you feel like resting then go. Relax your mind by doing things like watching a movie. That is very stress-relieving. But choose a picture thstis really relaxing. Those in the genre of adventure, romance, and alike. Not horror, and thrillers. Firthermore, have an outlet. Write a poem or anything else. That's all. I am oftentimes stressed too but I always try to handle it not singly but with a lot of help from my friends, family, and God: )

ih3artbrad
Rating
I found that playing with things helps. I get very anxious and doing something with my hands always helps. Id reccomend "Klixx"

question masters
go somewhere else where you get peace.
^_^

girlygirl
Rating
get one of those things you squeeze with your hands..hehe. but in your case i would really get help. serious help... just relax and don't take things too serious. people get embarrased on a daily basis. who cares?

ben
I think you should go into a room when you get stressed, turn out the lights, turn on some relaxation music that you can buy at a walmart, hastings, or wherever, close your eyes, breathe deep. When you do this breathing take fold your hands, and cross your legs. When you breathe in, breathe through your nose with your tongue on the roof of your mouth, breathing out, go through your mouth with your tongue on the bottom of your moth.

da dude
Rating
You need to chat with a professional to set some goals and figure out some coping skills with you.

younmanofthegarden
move with others freely and try to talk them freely
consult the doctor
try to find out the reason for your abnormal
stress problem
follw the medical advice
you easily win the stess fot ever

suter
My best advice is ... sleep 8 hours, eat healthier food, exercise every day, try not to drink alcohol.... and stop worrying... life is short all your little problems don't matter as much as you think they do... so why worry.. also try to keep any negative thoughts out of your head... think positive and it will really help you !

Bobby D
Visit Dr. Dyer's website. Buy one of his books or CDs. He is the smartest man in the world when it comes to how to deal with stress...Trust me.

banks
take your bible if you have one and read untill the stress go. TRY IT it will work. best of luck

Radio
When you find yourself feeling the bad effects of stress, you need to take action immediately. The sooner you begin the process of treatment, the easier it will be and the quicker you will be back to your normal state.

* The first step in the process is to try to identify the cause of the stress. Sometimes this is a known source such as a deadline at work, a pile of unpaid bills, or a relationship that is not working out. It can at times be more difficult to find the source of your problem.

o Often, many relatively mild stressors occurring at once can bring on the same stress as a larger problem or known source of anxiety or worry.

o Some people experience stress from events that occurred in the past (post-traumatic stress disorder).

* If you can identify the source of your stress, remove yourself from it or address the situation. That may be all that is needed to resolve the situation and your anxiety. Even if you are only able to get away for a few seconds or minutes, the break is important and can help you on the way to a more permanent solution.

o This break can be accomplished by physically removing yourself from the provoking situation (such as an argument) or mentally removing yourself from the stressor (such as financial worries) through a mental distraction, often called a time-out.

o The point of these actions is to allow you a moment to relax and formulate a plan for dealing with the problem at hand. Just having a plan can be a great stress reliever. It gives you a set of positive steps that you can work on to get yourself back to your baseline and out of the stressful situation.

o These steps should be broken down into tasks you can accomplish easily. Working toward a goal is rewarding. It prevents the hopelessness and lost feeling that can accompany stress and make it worse.

* If you are unable to determine the source of your stress, you need to seek outside help. Sometimes discussing your situation with family, friends, or a spiritual adviser can be helpful. If these routes are not successful, you should make an appointment with your doctor or a mental health counselor to help determine the source of the stress and rule out any potentially reversible medical causes of your stress.

Sachi
Go to your nearest Buddhist temple there you can meditate, control your mind and learn how to relieve your stress. Yoga works wonders as well.

McKenna
Rating
I think that maybe you have alot of things bottled up inside alot of anger that just wants to get out, I think you should try and go to talk to someone set some goals for yourself and try to take a deep breath when someone makes you mad don't go out of control try to keep it calm and cool.

wb21089
Rating
well there are some easy stress relievers, like taking a bath, getting a massage, reading a book, etc.

Other people prefer more active ways to deal with stress.. if you feel something physical building up inside you, I would advise going for a run, or doing some kind of productive physical activity.

You can also talk to a therapist, not to get treatment, just to get good ideas that are right for you to handle your stress in the best way.

Svtcobrar200
get a sqeekie toy and SQEEZ SQEEZ SQEEZ!!!!!

mama29
Rating
When you get embarassed remeber that "this too shall pass." EVERYONE has been in an embarassing situation as some time or another and will be again. What would your reaction be if it happened to someone you did not know well. Would you laugh? Learning to laugh at yourself greatly reduces your stress level. Realize that you are doing the best you can do and sometimes you will make mistakes, friends will do you wrong etc. You need to figure out what is causing the stress and get to root of problem. Therapy would probably be good as cutting things up is not an acceptable behavior in any circles.

firefaery7000
Rating
theres a bunch of ways
number one way ...sex .... having sex is the best way to relieve that kind of stress...they tell men with heart attacks to have sex to lower their stress level (when their ready)

another way is to meditation. learning to stop, relax and breathe is a big with meditation

yoga is a popular way as well. it lower the stress to your body therefore lowering your emotional stress as well.

and stress balls work as well too.

.:Miss. Dawkins:.
Rating
S-E-X

caramel_latte
I just started taking yoga a little while I ago, and for me it's a great stress reliever. Try it out.

cheeron95
Rating
breathe in and out and count to 10 if that dont work: name all the things you love in life and sqeeze a ball or towel. hope this helps. good luck ;p

Busty Mcgee
masturbation.

Bunbury
VACATIONS!!!