Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

THINK I HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM?
most nights i cant sleep, for 2 months now i have only had about 4 hours sleep per night. i am addicted to weed but have been smoking it on and off for the last 2 months as i lost my job (not from ...

Is Depression merely anger without enthusiasm?

Is there something mentally wrong with me?
Ok here is the big picture, I love talking to ppl but i get this overwhelming urge to pretend to be other made-up ppl on chat on my phone. I know its wrong but I just can't stop. It's like ...

I hate my job but it's too good to quit?
I *really* hate my job. The problem is, it's so easy and pays very well. By easy I mean I have 30-45 minutes of work a day, and then can do whatever I want with the rest of the time (such as sit ...

Whats wrong with me?
i cry every night.i cannot concentrate on stuff..i've stopped writing to my friends who i miss so much..i'm 15 and have moved to a place i dont like at all..i love playing the piano and ...

Nightmares...Please read and answer!?
I posted this once...but I really need answers....

Lately I have been having re-occuring nightmares that my uncle (who raped me when I was nine years old) was on the news for raping a ...

I was raped for 5 years by my brother, how can I forget it?
I was raped from the time I was 9 and it lasted for 5 years. My own blood brother did it. How can I get over this and live a normal life?...

I am very frightened ... is this some kind of an omen .....?
i was unable to sleep and so i looked at the time and it was 3:33 am anyway i tried to to sleep but couldn't so i just layed on bed and again i looked at the time and it was 4:44 am i was ...

Can stress, anxiety & depression cause breathing problems?
if i'm really stressed then my throat & stomach feel like they're closing up?
anything i can ...

Is it possible for someone to stay awake for a year?
Saw it in a movie, wonder if it's possible....

I need help...desperatly...?
I'm a cutter. A few months ago i made a promise to my boyfriend and a specific friend that I wouldn't cut anymore. Sadly, I cut myself today. I can't tell them. I know they'll get ...

Does anyone ever actually overcome depression?
I mean without being on medication for years and how is this is done. I've already had therapy on and off over the years. Does life really ever become worth living (i understand the usual ups ...

What do u think about smoking weed?
whether it be everyday or every week, its not exaclty tha worst thing in tha world is it...what are your thoughts......

I am feeling very cold. but my wife refuses to give me shawl to wear?
she tells other relative keeps fan on. she herself feels much cold but decline to accept it.
Additional Details
We have got many ...

Do i have mental problems?
i get angry for stupid things alot, and i always think that if i get a cut it will get infected and i will die, do i need counciling or can i get over this problem myself?...

What was your weirdest dream?
My dreams are the mix of everything I did or thought of during the day. In my dream, I came out of Costco with my family with a 50 pack of magical sausages for 1.99. If you threw one magical sausage ...

Whats wrong with me?
I am 17 and have suffered from depression for years now. when i'm depressed and empty feeling i usually find myself eating without needing the food. I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs. idk if ...

Anorexia or bulimia?
if you are going to say neither... dont bother to reply
this is serious and i just wanted to know what people thin is worse.. bulimia or anorexia. thankyou

also anyone know anyone in ...

I really hate school!!!!!!!!! HELP?
Every morning I wake up with a stomachache ( really bad) and so I skip breakfast and I get to school and I feel like crap but I really have to go because if I don't I'll be really behind. M...

Depression?
Has anyone overcome depression and how did you do it?...

blah blah blah
Please stop me from killing my self?

HARVE!!!
samaratans

Cathyo
Rating
Please stop!!!!!
If you wan't to talk, either ring the Samaratins, or email me.
I would talk to you forever if thats what it took, Life is too precious to end it all. Why do you feel this way?

corillic
I don’t know the specifics of your situation but the main reasons most people want to die is because they feel utterly helpless and want a way out of a desperate situation. I suffered from Dysthymia for 18 years with constant suicidal ideation. I know the thinking processes behind this well. I.e. Life = Pain, Death = No Pain. This can seem extremely attractive when you are in a highly emotional state and have suffered for inordinate periods of time. I cannot tell you not to do it (as I don’t believe in people suffering indefinitely) but would ask you to be honest with yourself as to whether you have really tried the available treatment options.

The one common thread amongst 99.9999% of suicidal people is high levels of negative emotional arousal. This is what makes you feel like sh*t and this taints your every thought. Things that seem utterly rational when you are in a highly emotional state seem laughably incorrect when you are more relaxed. Please try the following for reducing emotional arousal ASAP:

1) 7-11 Breathing
Breathe in to the count of 7 and out more slowly to the count of 11. The breaths should be comfortable (i.e. not straining to reach the numbers).
This stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system and will literally force your body to relax. This technique works with absolutely everybody.
If you want to make it more automatic and less conscious then there is a programme that you can purchase from hypnosisdownloads.com.

2) Alpha Stim
I bought one of these and although expensive (around ÂŁ300) it provided massive relief within a few hours of using it. Apparently this does not work every time but the success statistics are very high and with no apparent side effects.

3) Cardiovascular Exercise
I run 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes and this has had an enormous affect on lowering my stress levels. Any cardiovascular exercise that is moderate to high intensity should quickly show a significant affect.

4) Diet
I find that a good diet and supplementation has a very beneficial affect on my depression. The main supplements I take are Omega 3 fish oils with a high EPA content from www.mind1st.co.uk.
If you don’t believe me on this one then eat say 2-3 chocolate bars at the same time, wait 30-60 minutes and see how you feel. You will find that your stress levels will increase and energy levels will decrease. I still often make this mistake (as I’m a bit of a sugar addict) and regret it every time.

5) Less introspection time
Keep busy and distract yourself from you suicidal thoughts no matter how hard it seems. Meet up with friends, family, throw yourself into housework, studying, your job etc. Make yourself so busy that your internal voice doesn’t have time to worry about committing suicide because it is too busy stressing about other things.

5) Books
How to lift depression […fast]
ISBN-13: 978-1899398416, Joe Griffin, Ivan Tyrrell
This book is short, to the point and very effective.
Mind Over Mood: Cognitive Treatment Therapy Manual for Clients (Paperback) by Christine Padesky (Author), Dennis Greenberger (Author)
ISBN-13: 978-0898621280
This book is an excellent manual for cognitive therapy but I would only read this once you have read and tried to implement the first book.

If you want any further help, advice or to discuss anything the drop me an email corillic@yahoo.co.uk.

Good luck and all the best

polymyxinbsulfates
intervention is on a&e on friday at 10pm. you have to wait at least that long. and that show is so good you'll want to wait for the next episode next friday, and the next episode the friday after that, etc..

SH2007
Rating
Hi,
I am sorry you feel this way. I can totally understand this emotion, i have unfortunately been where you are often and it's awful. Please ignore any hurtful answers you get as they are usually from people who don't understand.

Because you don't give much information, its hard to know how to help you..but perhaps you are just so down that getting out those few words was hard enough, hey?

Try to think of it this way....you need help. I know how scary that can be...BUT...if you don't care enough to want to kill yourself, why fret about what others think? Give yourself the opportunity to get through this....it may be the best thing you ever do. No one can remove your choice to end your life...you always have that power...but why not give "hope" one more chance?

I also email the samaritans sometimes when i need to vent my feelings and emotions and they have been very understanding. Why not give that a go : www.samaritans.org
or you can ring them..they will not judge you...they don't even no you and you can put down the phone at any stage and ring back if it gets too much for you.

I bet you have family and friends who care, and even though you can't see that right now....it's true. I often find it so hard to see things rationally and i feel very negitive...but i am now getting counselling and even though you maybe saying to yourself.."they can't help me. What can they tell me that I don't already know? Or how can they help me, if I don't know whats causing this?"....but you could be very surprised!

Give it a shot babes...reach out for help..you deserve it!

Best of luck

crack ho barbie
Rating
from your question its obvious you don't really want to die

OK reasons not to kill yourself
*your friends and family need you to stay alive they will suffer if you die
*if you stay strong and wait for life to get better it will be worth it promise (i did this and i am so glad i didn't kill myself you will feel the same if you survive)
*trying to improve your situation is a better idea than killing yourself (get help do whatever to avoid death)
*if you die you will never feel happiness again
*get help avoid killing yourself. suicide is a discision that cannot be reversed so you cannot take the disicion lightly
*this is your only chance of living do you want to waste that?
*if you kill yourself the person or people who caused it have won
*you will not be doing the world a favour by killing yourself suicide will only cause grief

I THINK YOU ARE DEPRESSED
KILLING YOURSELF IS NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING
YOU ARE ILL BUT NOT MENTAL
GET HELP AND GET BETTER
YOUR ILLNESS IS MAKING YOU SUICIDAL
GET RID OF THIS EVIL BEFORE YOU DO THE WRONG THING

YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE AT LIFE DON'T WASTE IT

Jonathan l
Rating
Why do you want to kill yourself?

del72
Rating
My best friend killed himself 8 weeks ago,he was the closest i had to family in uk(real family live abroad)he may of had his reasons but he left behind 4 kids and a hell of alot of good friends none of us knew he was going to do it and wish we had,the pin we are all let with is devastating nd i would ive p anythingto hve him back.think about what your doing and the ppl you leave behind,talk to someone its helping me.Good luck to you and it can get better

Dr. Snake
Looking at your other answers and questions made today, it doesn't seem like today is "the day you're going to kill yourself". Earlier you were concerned about Cheat Codes and your mom buying a dog.

mothergoose
Rating
No one has the power to stop you from killing yourself only the will of God, which could be through anything or anyone even through you, yourself. Prayers will make you stronger to carry on. We are all travellers on this earth. We will all die but only at the right time assigned to us. No one has the right to take away life not even your own life. It will be a sin. Think of all those poor children in Africa and other countries struggling to stay alive and you have one to throw away. That is being selfish even the ground will reject your dead body. Get yourself in voluntary work. Pray this
In the name of God, the most Merciful, the most kind.
Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
the king of mankind, the God of mankind, from the mischief of the sneaking whisperer, Who whispers in the hearts of mankind, from among jinn and mankind. Say it as many times as you can and every morning and every night.
May God bless and bring meaning to your life.

bg43214
You want to kill yourself? Stop being so self-centered!! Think of all the people you will hurt if you do it...if this is a serious question, and I think it is, you need some counseling....or, sit down with some paper and pen and write down all the things you have to be grateful for, no matter how insignificant it may seem.....just keep writing!!!!! Hopefully you'll see that life is a lot better than you think it is right now.....

trina
Why do you want to kill your self? Nothing is worth taking your own life??????

anne b
would have been better if you had put why you want to kill yourself.dont do it if you are feeling down go see you doctor as you have got everything to live for ,you problems can be sorted .do something to take your mind off killing yourself join this game room free and chat to people .pogo.com there are lots of games also you have a chat box so you can talk.go for walkes dont sit in the house on your own dwelling on killing yourself .please get help x x x

stevers1
It might help if you told us why you want to kill yourself? A good diagnosis of the inner feelings will reveal true motives, and those can help show the reason for the suicidal thinking. It can be treated. If you want to get better and work at it, you will get better. Promise.

Rachy l
Don't do that! you only live once and if you kill your self you will be trapped as a ghost and will be there for ever!

Master Ang Gi Guong
Rating
Before you do this why don't you go to th hospital and get help. Your life is worth far more than you can imagine.

kaye j
why would you want to tink of everything youll miss out on you really need to speak to a doctor if your serious sort out why you feel this way

elmo69691971
Rating
phone the samaritans...i did.

I told them all my problems and the guy on the other end shot himself!
Cheer up you old bugger!

Jude
http://www.samaritans.org/

xx

THE ALMOST
dont do it especially if your not sure how to get to heaven.

mojo
don`t do anything silly honey. I`ts obvious you know you need help or you would not be here. Pick up the phone and contact a friend or family or call the Samaritans they are there to help you.Do it now.

Peanut butter Jelly Time!!!!
prison breaks on tonight. YOU CANT MISS IT.
BRILLIANT REASON NOT 2.

98' Vortec
step 1. look around

step 2. look at all the stuff you have

step 3. look at all the people you'll hurt by killing yourself

step 4. chill and watch some TV.

trigger
Rating
stop ya stupid ******

**ICE QUEEN**
Rating
its simple killing yourself is selfish,there is no other way of describing it.what ever is making you want to kill your self there is always someone to talk to who will make you see sense.sorry to be so brutal but to many people take there own lives,and its the people who you leave behind that suffer and take on that burden you leave.talk to a GP or some one you trust .what ever happens in life nothing is worth taking your own life

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy