Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am very frightened ... is this some kind of an omen .....?
i was unable to sleep and so i looked at the time and it was 3:33 am anyway i tried to to sleep but couldn't so i just layed on bed and again i looked at the time and it was 4:44 am i was ...

Can stress, anxiety & depression cause breathing problems?
if i'm really stressed then my throat & stomach feel like they're closing up?
anything i can ...

Is it possible for someone to stay awake for a year?
Saw it in a movie, wonder if it's possible....

I need help...desperatly...?
I'm a cutter. A few months ago i made a promise to my boyfriend and a specific friend that I wouldn't cut anymore. Sadly, I cut myself today. I can't tell them. I know they'll get ...

Does anyone ever actually overcome depression?
I mean without being on medication for years and how is this is done. I've already had therapy on and off over the years. Does life really ever become worth living (i understand the usual ups ...

What do u think about smoking weed?
whether it be everyday or every week, its not exaclty tha worst thing in tha world is it...what are your thoughts......

I am feeling very cold. but my wife refuses to give me shawl to wear?
she tells other relative keeps fan on. she herself feels much cold but decline to accept it.
Additional Details
We have got many ...

Do i have mental problems?
i get angry for stupid things alot, and i always think that if i get a cut it will get infected and i will die, do i need counciling or can i get over this problem myself?...

What was your weirdest dream?
My dreams are the mix of everything I did or thought of during the day. In my dream, I came out of Costco with my family with a 50 pack of magical sausages for 1.99. If you threw one magical sausage ...

Whats wrong with me?
I am 17 and have suffered from depression for years now. when i'm depressed and empty feeling i usually find myself eating without needing the food. I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs. idk if ...

Anorexia or bulimia?
if you are going to say neither... dont bother to reply
this is serious and i just wanted to know what people thin is worse.. bulimia or anorexia. thankyou

also anyone know anyone in ...

I really hate school!!!!!!!!! HELP?
Every morning I wake up with a stomachache ( really bad) and so I skip breakfast and I get to school and I feel like crap but I really have to go because if I don't I'll be really behind. M...

Depression?
Has anyone overcome depression and how did you do it?...

How can I stop myself spending money?
I just can't help myself - it's like I am addicted - to spending money and to owning things. Any ideas?...

Why should'nt i do suicide ?
I really don't see any other option because i have a miserable life. Anyone who look at me wont find any reason why should i do that but i hv lot of reasons:
1.My father died 11 yrs. ago ...

How do I stop myself from commiting suicide?
Hi

Im 16,I have depression,I self harm and Im suicidal.
I told my mom about the depression(not the self harm or being suicidal) a few weeks ago and she brought me to the doctor who ...

Is it pathetic i still live at home at 27?
IM 27 and everyone i know is getting on and engaged has a life, good friends etc No im not saying their lives are perfect but yhey are content. I I have always cared about what people thought of me ...

Stupid stupid Anger!?
earlier i threw my ipod because i just got angry for no reason i want to kno why i'm fine and then suddenly become realli angry for no reason at all
Additional Details

Is it normal to count things?
when i am ina public place i will count how many letters in words, how many seats on the bus, how many women/men on a bus and more... I just have to do it....

I Don't Know What's Wrong With me. Read This and Give Me an Opinion on What I should do?
I don't know if I would necessarily call it depression or laziness. I get in these "spurts" where I just don't care about myself or my home or belongings. I'll go for days ...

kelci
I feel insane(literally)! Please help!?
Im only 14 years old, but i feel like im slipping into insanity. Im extremely paranoid im being watched and that im mom is going to die. If she doesnt answer my calls i worry she's been murdered. I've been extremely irritable for maybe a little under 2 years and i've been having some serious mood swings, and no its no while im on my period. For example, in the past hour, i've been happy- feeling fine then i felt really angry and aggressive THEN i felt like crying for no reason at all and now im back feeling normal. I've been treated for depression before, and its runs in my family but i've never felt so crazy before. I dont understand it, but i know most other teenage girls have much different issues.

What could be wrong with me? Any thoughts/Ideas are greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!

thanks.

dirtwerx2003
you need to see your family doctor. if no one can or will take you go to the local hospital for help. or simply pick a phone and call 911.

#1healthcareprovider
You really need to get professional attention immediately. Please let your parents know right now!! This sounds really serious, especially since there is a history of family members experiencing the same things. You should also think about taking yoga or meditation. I know you are young but its never too early to try methods to help you calm yourself and relax. Exercising may also take your mind off things. Also get involoved in activities. You may just be bored and becoming anxious because you're dormant. Good luck!!

Caseybaby
Depression, Anixety many things you should talk to someone who can help you! Doctor mother somebody asap!

lalocaindianagirl
Rating
You should tell your doctor about all you are experiencing. It could be as simple as your thyroid being too low or your blood sugar being too high.

Lilly ♥
Rating
you should probably go into serious counciling or see your doctor. best of luck with everything.

Lilly ♥

Robert
Rating
uh that is really uh i dont even know a good word for what im tryna say. like thats crazy? you should see a doctor or something... maybe your brains damaged. i mean this cant come out of no where.

bryan
Rating
just go see a shrink, you probably have a bi polar thing.

Raine
Rating
You might be having anxiety and/or panic attacks. Do some research on it.

gmw2
sounds more like anxiety issues than bipolar disorder, schizo, or depression, they make meds for it like ativan

niicknack
Rating
Let it out.

mahollic
Ok first try to talk to people a lot......and hang out with your friends a lot more..........and also dont get mixed up into the wrong groups.......dont do any drugs.....o yea get a hobby.........it really keeps my mind off things...hope i helped

Melanie
Rating
I think its related to hormones and is just your age. Being a teenager is not easy

The irritability and depression can sometimes be symptoms of anger that is not being expressed, which is common at your age.

I wish I had the internet to help with this type of stuff when I was younger. I just had to deal with it alone.

BluRey
it is impossible for you to be insane, if you feel insane then you know the diffrence (between insane & sane), if you know the diffrence then you are not insane. if did not know you were insane but acted insane then you would be insane.-blurey

deedee007
please speak to your parents for a complete physical and mental health evaluation. the symptoms sound like you could possibly be bi-polar. make sure you speak to someone you are totally comfortable with and confident with their ability. I don't think you are insane, just in need need of proper medical attention. Good luck to you and God Bless.

P.S.: remember, utilize all of your resources (family, friends, school counselors, clergy), but don't give up.

destroyer
take big poop that helps me all the time

Wireless
I'm not a doctor, but in my honest opinion and from experience you are showing symptoms of a bipolar skizophrenic. What you just described (having severe moodswings and paranoia) proves it. I would seek help as soon as possible to get prescribed medication to treat this problem right away. You are at an early stage of it so get treated now before its too late and you have to be on medicine for the rest of your life.

You might want to even consider spending time in a hospital. You admit you need help so let others help you. There is nothing funny or light about this subject. It is a very serious condition. Plz listen to me and get help right away. The road is hard but don't give up!

You should talk to your doctor about how you are feeling and start taking an antipsycotic. They are very strong drugs with some sideaffects but they do the job and for a while you might need to be on them.

lawless
Besides whatever other things you may have going on, you've got a lot of hormones running through your body right now. It's not necessarily just while you're having your period. (All of us, male and female have that to some extent at that age especially). That could be part of what has been making the situation worse for the last couple of years.

I guess you know the best thing you could do is talk to a doctor about this - can you do that? Your mom and dad need to know about it first, but someone objective, with medical training may be able to really help you get a handle on what's going on. I know this might just seem like the obvious answer, but think about it.

Marcus
You should try and stay off that medication, or if you have to take it make sure you don't miss a dose. What kind of medication have you taken?

stephanie anna :)
WELL, let'ss seee... Counseling is verryy good source to let things out, get things solved, and make you feel better, cost moneyy but i know it will workk. It could be that your homormones are going in rapid places in your body rightt noww.

digitenshi
I dont think you're insane......or this question would be a lot creepier looking or something

I've been through the stage you've gone through......emotions blinding me so much that i really cant remember the years that they occurred. And you've been treated before for depression? maybe you should talk to your mom.....ya know like let the discussion slip in sorta gradually. Before she leaves just say like, "i get scared when u dont answer my calls you know...."

I'm not an exert or anything but, well i dont really know enough about you......but it could be bipolar disorder...by a small chance.......

Hope u feel better.

retta
Rating
hey oh,
sounds like you may need medication for bi polor or schizo.
maybe your going through your period.
any any case let me tell you this....
you may not be as phscho as you think.
we are all a little crazey.
in one way or the other.
some of us just know how to deal with it a little better than others.
life isn't fair...... at all.........
but we have to deal with it and just get by, the best we can.......
you can do it too!
just hang in
you will make it!!!!!
with a lot of help from God and your friends (good friends)
and please excuse my spelling! I'm so not perfect either.

Serious Shuck
Rating
OK yeah that's not depression... that's the opposite.

Zippy980
Rating
I believe you may also have anxiety. I have suffered thru it for years and I have very similar episodes at times. The best thing you can do is talk about. Start with your parents and the to a Psychologist or Psychiatrist. Do me a favor, don't be ashamed, just get the help you need to make your life better. Trust me it will get better you just need to work at it harder then some people. Good luck and take care of yourself.

☮ Simply me =] ☮
Rating
wow. i feel so bad for u. wow try going to a doctor or something i have a friend like that too but idk what she has. good luck

Edna M
Rating
talk to a teacher or conselor if u cannot talk to your parents and they should help find help

=)
Rating
Probably just a phase that comes with puberty.

Bonnie D
Rating
I'm EXACTLY the same way sweetie. Not a lot of people understand. You're not crazy, I promise.
You can e-mail me if you want to talk, I know exactly how you feel.

Steve C
one word. PUBERTY!

blue22
relax- alot of girls your age go through this - i myself did and im 30 now and perfectly fine and perfectly sane- you have to realize that right now you have a ton of pressure on you and you are just adapting to it- this is how your body is reacting to the changes and stress that you are going through- youve just come through being a child - and now all of a sudden you could practically care for yourself if you needed to- you are realizing that emotions are very overwhelming- when we were kids things just werent that deep ya know- you just need to relax and know that everything is going to be ok- you really should try prayer- that is what got me through then and still gets me through tough times now- just go somewhere quiet and alone and talk to God- he will hear you and he will help you- you just need to ask for his help-God Bless

stawb3rry
Rating
i have mood swings too it's normal. sometimes our family can affect us too i hav a big family and someone is constantly getting on my nerves, i participate in many after school activities and get prety stressed, i go through many moods each day, i'm pretty sure it's normal

Mediocre Deity
Rating
It sounds like you might need to be on some medication. My sister is on Paxil and it is really helping her with her panic attacks/anxiety.

I hope you can talk to your mother about this. I would highly suggest that she take you to see a psychologist. Medications can really make all the difference.

Good luck. :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy