Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do I do now I'm at rock bottom?
As a man I have been stripped of everything I care about:

No. of friends: 0
Job: none
Weight: ...

My Fiance wants to commit suicide- Help!?
I have been with my fiance for 4 1/2 half years. I have never cheated on him! This past month, I have been talking to a guy behind his back that lives up north. The guy and I were not talking about ...

How can i relieve stress?
I handle stress very badly and in an unhealthy way. I'm taking a health class now and were covering stress and said it could lead to traumas and other bad diseaeses. I've always had a bad ...

I hate my life. I worry to much. I feel to ugly all the time its not fair?
Okay so im a 14 year old girl. I go to high school. I hate it soo much. I feel awkward talking infrount of people so when i am picked for something i end up stuttering and people laugh. I feel ugly. O...

I am severely depressed and feel suicidal. can someone please help. can you give me a purpose for living?

Additional Details
hi, i dont see a purpose for life. i dont know why im here and what and why i am doing things for. if there is a ...

How can i stop being bullied?
i hate school. its hard to make friends, get along with people and everything. everyday its the same group of stupid boys and stupid girls bullying me. making fun of me, calling me names and stuff. i ...

I need help I don't know what to do any more?
I have been suffering from depression and an anxitey nervous disorder as a result I have given up on my karate training (I try going back then I feel scared andd can't do it). I'm on ...

What scares you?

How do u deal with depression?

My son sleeps until 4 oclock in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Additional Details
He is 21 years old. He goes to college. The three days he has to get up earlier, he gets up at one oclock for ...

Please stop me from killing my self?

Identify two great reasons to be alive?
For me this life is just an existence. Oh sure, I know what to do to move away from grief and pain, but in addition to that, I want to know what to move TOWARDS -to have a drive, to have a reason to ...

Why am I becoming MORE MISERABLE as i get older?
i rarely ever smile or laugh anymore and when i do, it's sounds like i'm being ...

What are your fears?
everyone has atleast one mine is dark and kinda ...

Is this weird?
Is it weird to wonder what its like to be a girl? Haha, midlife crisis :P...

Is it normal when you are considering suicide...?
...to think about wanting it to hurt the feelings of people who said they cared about you?...

Am I insane or gifted ?

I feel insane(literally)! Please help!?
Im only 14 years old, but i feel like im slipping into insanity. Im extremely paranoid im being watched and that im mom is going to die. If she doesnt answer my calls i worry she's been ...

Whats the most enoying noise you have heard?
mine is the noise of flip flops i hate them they should be banned
didnt no what topic to put it under so mental health was the ...

You are on life support, what would you want a loved one to do about it?

Harmony R
Do you have any quick and easy tips for battling depression?
I've been down lately. It's odd because this is my favorite time of year. I have no real reason to be sad either. I've been crying at random times, and just feeling upset suddenly. I'm wondering what you do to get rid of the blues.

Vin Tonic
I say no

Shannon Z
Zoloft!

mark s
Rating
I would say just get over it. Sounds cruel but thats what I did. I lost my job after my daughter was born 2 years ago and still haven't found one. Then my wife became pregnant again and became very ill. I thought of who would look after her if I don't pick myself back up? Then that very day my wife had our 2nd daughter 3 months early. I nearly lost them both. They are fine now but I still have no job and x mas is looking like it's cancelled this year. I still get down but if I can put a smile on my wife's face or on my little girls' faces then that cheers me up no end!

123erik123
Rating
I reccomend coke, not cocaine, but coca-cola or pepsi or sugar, lots of it!!!!!! Java jav javajvajvajavvajvajvajvajvajavavjav

bezza
try volunteering for your chosen local charity.this gives you a new insight to life and helps others less fortunate.

anonymoous321
remember not to focus on the bad things in life think about all the good things you have
start a new hobby or join a club or something like that to meet new people
get all your friends together and arrange a night out but dont drink
exercise!!
have a good cry
listen to lots of happy music!
write a letter to yourself saying what you love about your life (sounds crazy but it really does work)
eat lots of sugary food for a quick pick up if you feel particularly low
think about the future and everything you've got a head of you

random mentalist.
Rating
get yuour fav cd and put on some head phones and listen to it loudly in the dark with your eyes closed, its got to be some all time fav cd that takes you back

i know it sounds strange but it clears your head.

Marilyn
Rating
First you should go to a doctor and explain the symptoms like you have here. It may be that you have anxiety/depression
disorder which many people have and it's not unusual. I myself have this problem and am being treated with antidepressants and antianxiety meds. The antidepressants have helped me tremendously. I don't feel "jumpy" or "blue"
a lot when I take my med regularly. Then again, you might just be having a down time that may go away on its own. Brisk walking or going to the gym can help you a lot , it does for me. Good luck.

justme
Pamper yourself. Take a long bath, listen to soothing music. Go to lunch with friends, do something you enjoy. If you have something new you have wanted to try, now maybe the time to do it.
I have had great success with all of these suggestions.

Hope you feel better soon.

By the way, if you don't feel better in about a week or two, see your doctor. There are meds that they can prescribe but I am a firm believer that would be the last resort. Get counseling before trying the meds.

dandelionluvr
Rating
Hey, sorry you're feeling so down -- I do have some tips, they may sound a little silly but I have been battling depression for a lifetime, and have only had staying success in recent years. The medicines weren't doing enough so I got proactive. #1 tip, think about songs that you know of that make you feel like cheering when they come on the radio. Try to pick songs that have a positive message if you can. Burn a mix cd filled with these songs, or ask someone to if you don't have the capability. Listen to this when you're down. #2 tip, this is silly but it worked for me -- write a page full of afirmations, you know "I am smart, I am kind, I am..." any thing you can think of, even if you don't believe it. Keep writing them, and at some point, you'll start believing it.
#3 exercise. I like the walking and dancing videos on my exercise tv channel. It's hard to stay blue after exercising. Anyway, hope I helped. Good luck.

What a guy!!
Rating
If you're really feeling down, visit an aromatherapist. I was VERY depressed for a long long time after an accident wrecked my body. 21 years later and it's almost fully repaired. (Honestly) A visit to an aromatherapist was the best medication I had for my depression in all those years. Try it, you really have nothing to lose, and it won't cost you your bank balance either.

des g
hi harmony
sorry your feeling a little down...
heres what i do when i'm feeling depressed...
i question myself ...why am i feeling like this...is it the weather..
is it because someone gaveout to me...is it because i've no money...is it because i've been watching a sad movie..and so on...there is usuallay a reason why i get depressed...

if you can find the answer to your question its half the battle then you will be able to deal whit it better...

or i say to myself no matter how bad i'm feeling there is someone worse off...and ithink of my blessings...

harmony everyone gets depressed at some time just remember it will pass....

my thoughts and good wishes are whit you...and i hope you feel better very soon......

colormehappy
stay away from booze and drugs. get off of the couch and do something you enjoy doing. surround yourself with people that care about you. don't suppress your depression with a bad habit like overeating or shopping alot.

good luck

lee39s
Rating
there is no quick and easy remedy to getting rid of depression first you have to find out whats causing the depression and try to fix whats wrong and secondly you have to remember that nothing in life is worth getting to down over.People think depression is nonsense but its real the thing to do is to not let it get a hold of you talk to someone close or GP talking about things can be the answer of solving them you suddenly think omg its not that bad you sound like you could do with a hug sending one down the line x don't let life get you down tomorrow is another day things may be brighter.Take care x

pebbles is magically delicious!
Window shopping, hanging out with friends, walking outside in the sunshine...

Mrs Rev. Schnorr, Sr.
Rating
First of all my dear, especially if you live alone, take a shower get dressed, and get out of the house even if you have to force yourself to.Walk, even if its just looking around in a store or at a library. Get out among people. Prescription drugs (antidepressants) are needed by some and can literally be life savers, but its really important to mix with others. Strive to build a community around yourself. Q and A is fine to a point, but you need real live folks to be with. Good luck to you and enjoy the season. The trees are lovely here (west coast USA)

andrea.force
Rating
Make yourself go do things with your friends. Be busy and active and around other people. That's quickest, easiest tip I know.

jenabel
Yes. Firstly, get lots of sun and excersize. Excercize increases endorphins which produce good feelings in the brain. If you still feel sad all the time, but don't want to take antidepressants, there is what's called tryptophan loading. Tryptophan is a precurser to serotonin (the neurotransmitter that's missing when you are depressed) and you can buy it in pill form from vitamin stores in Canada, or you may have to talk to your doctor as I'm not sure if it is avaliable over the counter in the US.
Note: 5HTP is also a precurser to serotonin that you can buy in pill form, but it does not cross the blood-brain barrier so don't waste your money.
Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

graysmom
Rating
Get enough sleep.
Get up and get going in the morning, don't sit around in your PJs on the weekend.
Accomplish something, even if it is just cleaning out the closet or washing the car.
Go for a walk, invite a friend to dinner. Throw an inpromptu party (all you really need are chips, dip, soda, and a DVD.)

h_carlin
Rating
Do something you enjoy and stick with it...it is natural to get down at times and feel blah....
go for a walk and or scream into a pillow that works for me...just to let it all out...it relieves alot more than you know..

Lloyd Braun
Rating
Lots of light around the house really helped me.

Brianna
counceling. talk about it.

free2Bme
Rating
This may sound completely crazy but it works. For everytime a negative thought or feeling comes-replace it with a positive. You actually have to try to do it. Just when u think something bad remember like a really good memory. It helped me---good luck

me
Rating
watch funny movies or make myself do something like clean the house or paint, write, listen to music( not sappy stuff)

?
Ice cream...and lots of it.

•○♦Chick♦○•
Rating
There is no quick fix for depression, if it is clinical depression i'm afraid.

cluckincom
Dont drink alchol makes things worse.

Go shopping
Play a sport

Dont worry we all get it just hang on in there until it goes and it will

avondrow
Rating
Keep busy - I mean physically. Exercise if you can, but find physical work to do around the house. I was sceptical when this was recommended to me, but physical activity - the brisker the better, releases endorphins and other chemicals that really do leave you feeling better.

Sunshine
Understand first of all that we all get the blues at times.Coffee and a brisk walk help me.
Hope you feel better soon:-)

confused
its really difficult but you have to try to motivate yourself and do something that you like.. it could be swimming, walking or just going window shopping. but do something that will give you that 'feel good' factor..

if it gets too much you should go to your doctor for help

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy