Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i fat???
Thigsh- 20 inches (highes point on my thighs)
Waist- 26 inches
Hips- 32 1/2 inches

is this fat?
are my thighs/hips/waist to big?
im a girl and 14
104 pounds ill ...

800 calorie diet?
i need to lose 40 pounds.
can i do it in 14 weeks eating 800 calories a day.
oh, no dairy or meat too.
only fruits,veggies, nuts/seeds....

I need 2 lose weight i have 2 weeks i need a FREE way to lose 12lbs in 2 weeks please help.?
if its more than 2 weeks don't answer/ please help. and if u r going 2 tell me its not heathy dont answer .i need answers that will help ...

Am i fat... idk?
is being 5'8 and 162lbs fat?...

How much weight should i lose?? (pics)?
http://i182.photobucket.
http://i182.photobucket.
i'm sorry if the links don't work.

Are twinkies a healthy snack?

Is it ok to eat ketchup with scrambled eggs?
im trying to lose weight
and i like ketchup with my eggs
i knwo thats weird but yea
is it ok if i eat 2 scrambled eggs in the morning with ketchup? and whole wheat toast....

I think i look too skinny- do you?
http://i293.photobucket. http://i293.photobucket. http://i293.photobucket....

How to lose weight in 45 days?
Hi. I am 25 year old male and married. I used to be of 64kg or a bit less before marriage (2 years ago) but after marriage i gained 18kgs for no reason because i am eating the same sort of food. I ...

Have I Lost Any Weight ?
Judging From there 2 pics have i lost weight??

Before-
http://i285.photobucket.
Now-
http://i285.photobucket....

Am i Fatt?
I Am 13 5'3" 3/4...And 106 Lbs. I Think Im Fat...
Answers Please...?
Thankss
:]]...

Is 115 pounds fat?
my friend Jackie thinks shes fat . shes 115 pounds and i think
shes like 5'4.do u think she iZ fat or iZ she just freaking out
like i think? oh ya and she is 14....

My boyfriend says im fat. I am 5'7 and 102lbs. Should I lose weight?

Am I overweight???
I know everyone asks these questions and they are really not but i need your guy's help.

I am btween 12-17 yrs. old, 5'3-4 and i wiegh 180-200 lbs...i need some help...if you ...

How much water should a person drink per day?
My cousin doesn't drink as much water as she should. I'm encouraging her to drink more water per day, but how much? She's 12 years old, and 5'2" & 117lbs.
A...

Am i TOO underweight?
I'm 13, 5'5" and weigh 85 pounds. Everyone is like oh you look so anorexic do you have an eating disorder? I'm like..no. Even my teacher one time asked me if I had a problem with ...

What kind of milk do you drink??
i drink fat free skim milk....it's really not THAT bad......

Tell the truth r u fat?
be ...

Am I overweight? I keep getting different answers and different weights I should be??
Im now 14, 5'9 160 pounds

Should I be 100 pounds (somebody said this but It really seems awkward and anarexic)

Im going for 140 pounds being normal but I dont know if thats ...

My friend called me fat?
Lately my friend has been really nagative toward me. I bought a really cute top at hollister and she convinced me I look terrible in it. I got blonde highlights in my hair and she told me I should ...

cutelilgiggler
What are your views on Overweight people?
I'd just like to thank the great response i got from the anorexia subject. Now i'd like know people's views on being overweight. whether your a stone overweight or 20 stone overweight, how do you think the press and society treat people that are the complete opposite to being skinny? how do you feel as a person to be labelled as overweight? what would you class as being overweight? is a size 12-16 curvy or fat? would be very much appreciated if you could help :) xx

NONAME
My views on overweight people...... It depends how overweight they are. Nothing wrong with being a little chunky. On the other hand, people that are severely overweight can lose my respect entirely when I see them in McDonald's/Burger King etc. eating extremely large and unhealthy meals. Some people can eat somewhat poorly and still be in decent physical shape. But if you CAN'T eat like that and manage to stay fairly healthy, then face reality and stop eating that shi*!

And as you can see in these answers, people adjust their opinions to make themselves feel better about their own weight. Size 10-12 scrawny? This person must live in a city with MAMMOUTH size women. To me the difference between curvy and fat is this: curvy can run a mile in 9 minutes, fat needs 12 or more minutes to complete a mile (assuming the person has no injuries), if a mile can be completed at all. If you're a size 12 and you run an 8 minute mile, then no need to lose anything! But if you're huffing and puffing after jogging 2 minutes at a 10 minute mile pace, then you are fat.

daisymay16
I would say live and let live, if a person is happy with their size whatever it is then thats all that counts...why is so much emphasis put on weight?? And no i dont class myself as overweight at 12/14

oldweirdhoss
It used to be that people who were overweight were treated horribly in American society, but now things are changing since most Americans are overweight or obese these days. Really, it's not about being fat or thin, it's more about "fitting in" with the crowd. When I was in elementary school, the fat kids would get teased because they stood out, but soon all the skinny kids will be the ones who get negative attention because there are less of them.

I don't think negatively towards overweight people, but I don't like seeing obese chiildren because I think it's a form a child abuse when parents idly let their kids be set up for health problems like cholesterol and diabetes.

pianowez
Whether you're very underweight or very overweight there are usually reasons for it, it's not just a case of being lazy and eating too much. Being honest, when I see a grossly overweight person I do wonder how it got to that stage and why themselves or someone else couldn't have helped to stop it before it got so bad. The fact is, overweight people are more at risk of dying early and are a burden on our national health service. But, so are those who drink too much and those who smoke..so who knows

kindkayeye/im a chick
im a curvy thick person, i feel they should be treated like everyone else, besides we are people too. im a 14 to `16 and depending on material im a 18. but people who see me dont consider me fat

David
Rating
Ist off, there are people out there who will ALWAYS be 'big' due to genes / the way their body works.

However, some people DO overdo it and are not sensible with thier diet, these people should really take a close look at themselves. I knew a girl who was 'slightly' large & weight was a bit of an issue. When we went round their house for a take-away meal - what did she have? A large pizza to herself & a side order of chip! Plus she treated herself to a large slice of cake - get what I am saying?

As for 12 - 16 being curvey or fat.

If there was a girl who had the measurments of
37-23-36 what would you think?

Large?
Fat?
Overweight?
Too large to be a catwalk model?
Needs to slim down?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Actually they are the measurments of Marilyn Monroe

hoobzor
Rating
Mant oevrweight people cannot help it,they have a problem with there metabolism.
I beleive the people that purposely put on weight are sick(just my opnion) but the ones addicted to food i can relate.
I beleive fat is not attractive,nor is too skinny.
By the way,i have a friend who is fat and who does alot more cardio workout then me,plus eats healthier.

Susie Drew
Rating
I think over weight people should get rid of the excess weight....everyone is happier when they are a 'normal' weight. It is so unhealthy to be overweight and can lead to all kinds of health problems later in life....diabetes, heart disease etc... Over weight folk need to seek help if they are finding it difficult to reach a good weight. There is really no excuse these days .....mmmnnnnn.... I think skinny/too thin people look as unattractive as flabby/floppy fat people....a good curvy woman is great though!

Veston Pants
Rating
I see what you mean. One of the really strange things that has occurred in the UK in the last few years is that people have decided that they can openly comment on the lifestyle choices of others. Obesity is one of those issues. Another is driving MASSIVE 4x4s or smoking, binge drinking, single mothers etc.
For some reason "people" think they can air views about others. Really weird!!!
Personally I don't find fat ladies attractive. I, like most of my comrades like tall skinny blondes, but beyond that, it is none of my business what someone does to their own body. I drink and smoke for example. One is what one is, and freedom of speech or expression is all we have left. Do what you feel.

xxB
PS Good question BTW.

Norm
Rating
To me it is the person that counts, not if they are fat or thin

sirtitan45
I have no problem with them, but when they resort to justifications that are false for their voluntary condition , that is upsetting. (i.e. my metabolism is too slow).

I am sure there are a few people with true metabolism disorders, but even then there are medications to stimulate the thryroid and or metabolism (i.e. T3 and clenbuterol). The fact of the matter is people are eating more and doing less(and most of that eating more is from food away from the home at fast foods, diners, and restaurants, where meals are higher in fat content).

I lost 40lbs. in seven months and I sweated and I hurt and I cried. Most people are just too complacent and don't care enough to achieve a result. If you have extra weight on you and you don't care what others think , that is fine by me. But if I'm sitting next to you somewhere and I have to hear you moan and groan and give excuses about the way you look and why you look like that ,then that's annoying and aggravating.

loreescachter
I think way too many people judge people on looks, body size ect...if the person who is overweight and happy within themselves should it matter to us..nope...

paulterrie
Rating
I am a male 6ft 1in a little over weight at 18 st but have muscular legs and chest but classed as obese so were do you draw the line.
my wife is size 14 and has a figure to die for

JANET C
I would say a size 12-14 (UK) is average. I think that a person knows themselves if they feel uncomfortable with their weight, then it's a matter of doing something about it if they are so inclined to. I think others just don't realise they are putting on weight or think they look OK and end up getting bigger and bigger over time. I think that the main concern is the health problems that can be caused by obesity. You never see a 100 year old big person. I have no problem with people big or small if they are happy and healthy then they are who they are

vegan&proud
Rating
I think it's sad how the obese people now outnumber the number of starving people in the world.

tootsie38
Rating
Actually, I have been impressed with the news lately because I have seen some heavier women presenting the news. I think society is starting to change a little bit there. I don't think you can go by sizes either. My niece wears an 18 women's, and there is not an ounce of fat on her. She is very tall, and has a large frame, but by no means fat. I have yoyo'd all my life. Up and down with weight. I think just like most folks. I never read your question on anorexia, so not sure of the responses there, but any weight issue, whether too much or too little is not a good thing. When I see either situation, I think about 'what is going on in their life?" I have a sister that weighs close to 300 lbs. She is not disgusting, she is a woman who has been through a lot of turmoil in her life. I would hope that no person should judge anybody unless they have walked in their shoes. And criticizing them is not a way to help them. There is something emotional or medical going on there.

not a mused
Rating
My personal views are the overweight person is human none the less .They merit the same respect and acceptance .Yes it is a disorder that causes the problem so dont judge the individual on appearance .I would make love to a large woman any time just as much fun cheers.

just me
i think a woman is supposed to have some flesh on her. somehow most people think differently of this. if your weight is not affecting your health then there is no point in putting your self through the torture of loosing weight. i think 12-16 is curvy.

Duisend-poot
Rating
Kevin H, that is a low blow. I know plenty of overweight people and i can assure you they are all well maintained and neat. They smell great and they dress well. Just because you are overweight does not mean that you don't know how to use soap and water. I find your answer very offensive. I myself am slightly overweight and i still get looks and admiring glances from men. I always look neat and tidy, always wear a bit of make-up and always smells nice. There may be a couple of exceptions but i have never met a overweight smelly person. I have met a few skinny - malinkies that looked like they were dragged throught the mud though . Pony-tails that looked like it was glued on the head and dirty looking. Not all skinny-malinks a few ok. Now give us a break .:)))

?
I am a size 12-14 and i think i am fat.
Buts my weight at 170.
40lbs over my average weight.
That is me looking at me. I see beauty in every one.
anorexia is a eating disorder. 12-16 sizes are not an eating disorder to me i could be wrong. 20 plus sizes could be an eating
disorder. and yes over eating can be a disorder.

For me i battle my weight because I like the wrong foods and choose to eat them. Some poeple just cant help it. And people who make fun of over weight people are wrong.

Danru
Rating
First, I would just like to say that a size 12-16 definately doesn't necessarily make you fat - there are plenty of models in that size range. It depends completely on how healthy your lifestyle is. You can be a size 16 and be toned, healthy and look well but you can also be a size 16 who doesn't take care of themself and then not look healthy for it.

I would label a person as overweight, if they are considered to be medically overweight and they are harming themselves. Being a stone overweight is very different to being 20 stone overweight. Society doesn't really cater to people who are 20 stone overweight, whether you are going to the movies or on public transport. And unfortunately some people can be really cruel about it.

iowan62
i was thin most of my life then i got sick and was put on medication that really put the pounds on. when i was thin i was treated different by men and women. now i get smart comments, people laughing etc. i have lost 10 lbs in the past two weeks but i am doing it for me not a bunch of creeps who have no right to judge me or anyone else. i have never judged anyone on how they look i i feel sorry for those who do because they are lacking something, like a personality or brains

Sir Sidney Snot
Rating
If all people have got to do is disrespect overweight people then they need to look in their mirrors more!

nikierajean
I think you are only over weight when it stops you from doing everyday activities and it makes you totally unhappy. Personality is more important, and remember beauty is only skin deep.

Casey P
Rating
I'm not exactly skinny, nor am I a perfect weight. I have some extra baggage. Luckily I've been blessed with friend's who do not judge the content of my heart and personality on my phsyical appearance. And that's how it should be, honestly.

Trust me noone make's themself overweight. It's a disorder...
About maybe 2.0% of obese people just decide to be lazy, eat, and not exercise. That is the typical sterotype!

To Kevin H: Overweight people perspire more. They can scrub their skin off and they'd still have to deal with it. You should really grow up. Everyone who say's they are disgusting NEEDS to...

It's not something to spend countless hours laughing about. These people have serious problems and don't need you kids giggling from the playground. So immature I swear..

Remember the old saying; He who judges other's condemns himselves. If you downgrade someone else's problems you're insecure with yourself in that aspect.

All this "EAT THE RIGHT FOODS" mumbo jumbo is harshly inaccurate. You can EAT ANYTHING you want as long as you put fourth the effort to burn it off. People just choose vegetables and fruits because the calorie content is small, meaning less time spent burning it off. However if you wanna eat that hamburger at Mcdonalds, don't be afraid! Just be prepared for a longer and more deepened session of exercise.

Though people bring up the idea that the carrot is not a danger to your body; that the hamburger is filled with unhealthy dangerous whatnots. Trust me soil is not as clean as it used to be. It's lathered with chemicals to insure health, proper growth, and all that. Nothing is healthy for you anymore... Trust me.

Peace and Love,
Hate

Crispy O.B.E
Rating
they mock me and make my life hell, its a gland problem

Sadie
Rating
Well I have been both overweight and underweight. I am recovering from an eating disorder and I can tell you I have never been treated more poorly by people than when I was anorexic and underweight. People would tell me I looked disgusting, I needed to eat, asked me if I was anorexic, etc. I would hear complete strangers say, "Oh my gosh, she is so skinny," and "you can see all her bones, that's so gross." I even had a waiter bring me a dessert menu once and tell me to order everything on it. Society doesn't understand that anorexia is a disease.

On the flip side, when I was overweight (5'4 and 180 pounds), no one dared say anything like that to me. I never felt discriminated against. No one said, "She's so fat, it's so gross," or "You can see all her rolls" or anything like that.

Now I am at a healthy, slender weight and get treated infinitely better than I did as an anorexic and as an overweight woman.

Don't get me wrong, I still think overweight people are looked down on, but in my opinion, it is their life. If that's the way they want to live it, it makes them no worse than anyone else. Everyone has bad habits. I personally find people who smoke infinitely more disgusting than people who are overweight. (By the way I wouldn't really classify people based on their size... I have a good friend who is a size 8, which would be fat on me, and she has a perfect body. And Marilyn Monroe was a 12 and few people would call her gross.)

Natalie B
Rating
I think the difference between overweight and fat are different.
Overweight is just being heavier than your 'normal' weight range, which is actually not a good way of classing it.
Fat is a perception of someone's body shape.
It's possible to be overweight without being fat - a friend of mine is amost 6 foot tall, has really broad shoulders and hips, is a size 14-16 and barely has an ounce of fat on her. Yet she's heavier than her 'ideal' weight, so medically she's overweight. I wouldn't call her fat though!

As someone who was a size 28-30 and is now a size 20-22 and getting her curves back, I wouldn't class myself as fat if I got to a size 16!

texcrazyhorse9
I'm a heavy person myself and I tend to find large women (size 16+) quite attractive. There are health concerns, of course, and that's why I work hard to eat right and exercise a lot. I'll never be thin, but I do want to be healthy.

daff73
I am larger than a 16, but within reach. I have struggled with my weight most of my life. However, contrary to popular belief, I am very active and don't eat as much as skinny people. I am just not blessed with a great metabolism. I watch what I eat, my only downfall, which is a big one I have to admit is sweets. Most of the members of my family struggle with their weight but look favorably to very skinny people. Not a healthy outlook. It's one thing to long to be thin, but another to look on another set of problems as better. I think being too thin, and too fat are in essense the same problem - we both want to be "normal". However, you have normal people who aren't happy with themselves because of other issues, low self-esteen, depression, etc... I guess in the end it comes down to one thing, are you generally happy with who you are? If you are making an effort to make yourself healthy and succeeding that should be looked up upon, not down upon. Besides, I always say those that say mean things about other people generally are trying to shift the attention away from themselves and they have something to hide too. I looked best at a size 12-16 myself. That is where I'm opting to end up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy