Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Please interpret this Dream?
In my dream, I was reorganizing and cleaning. But It wasn't my real apartment,it was bigger. In the dream I lived there. There were alot of old-fashioned white wooden drawers. There was white ...

What do you do to get rid of your daily stress after work? How do you spend your time till you sleep?

Am i depressed or just weak minded?
hi. im 22 years old and have never had a gf,and never really even had a girl interested in me that i have liked. it seems i always fall straight into the friend wagon, never the boyfriend. this has ...

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

I'm plain and kind of ugly. Can I actually have boyfriends?
http://i225.photobucket. I just sat and cried for hours because it hits me how unattractive I am to men--both attractive and otherwise.
I'm ...

How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time....

OMG , Plz help me with this for gods sake ?? I am ruining myself?
I am a college student , age :18 , male , & a gay ; I have fell in crush with my professor ( He is around 26 ); But he is now moving to other state permanently & he may never meet us again ; I...

A vampire in the family?
our niece just spilled the beans to a cousin that she's a vampire. sneaks out at night to feed. has headaches from the voice in her head, that talks to her for hours at a time. got it from a ...

How can you tell if someone is addicted or using cocaine?
i have a feeling my bf is using it and im not sure i dont know how to tell. plz help
Additional Details
also i dont want to let him know that i think hes using it because ive heard that ...

Could I be Bi Polar?????????
My Aunt has been diagnosed with Bi Polar disease.
So I looked it up and I think I may have it.

I can be EXTREMELY HYPER to where I'll do ANYTHING.
I will do "crazy"...

Does drinking alcohol help anxiety sufferers?
Does it help calm you as my sister tells me, I dont drink cos I am scared it will affect my pill or make me feel dizzy etc???...

My dreams are freaking me out?
every time i have my period, i have a recurring dream, that my daughter is being kidnapped, i always find her, but then i have to watch her being abused, last night however i dreamt that my son had ...

I need help?
Its hard to explain everything but i will give u some details, i have derpression and some social promblems, and i am a full time carrer and i am finding it really hard to cope with everything most ...

Cant stop crying?
Im crying now as i type this... Im so upset i feel upset to the core! why is this...
Additional Details
I had cancer in 2005 im 22 now.. i hate the way i look... i hate most things . god ...

Deperssion?
Has anyone out there ever suffered from depression, and if so, How did you discover you were suffering from it and can it ever be defeated?
Additional Details
Thanx for all the ...

My neighbor never leaves the house, has no visitors, and doesn't know any of us after 12 years! What's wrong??
I've lived in a 3 flat building five years. My downstairs neighbor, whom no one really knows, has lived here 12 years. According to other neighbors, they rarely see her, she has no visitors, ...

What is wrong with my 7yr. old? Someone please help!?
2nd grade, in new school, can't stop talking, can't do work, falls off chairs, keeps getting in trouble, has to be the loudest kid, makes goofy noises, hyper, won't listen, dad not ...

How do I get over my mothers death?

Anger issue?
Ok, i have this anger issue. I get really made at every thing. I've tried anger management, but that really hasn't worked lately. Does any1 know how i can vent my anger....

What's the second sign of madness?

Mia
Tips to sleep at night and calm down.?
Can anybody give me any tips on how to sleep better at night. Everytime for the past few nights I have been crying everytime I try to sleep. I am waking up when I hear my dad get up worring if things will be ok (i.e. has my dog behaved). I am tired at work, making small mistakes. Normally I only cry wildly when alone at night but I have been struggling to keep things under control today, which is not useful as I have been working.

Any suggestions on how I can calm myself and not ressolve to tears when trying to sleep.
Additional Details
I do read a book before going to sleep. The problem is when I put the book down to go to sleep I start crying.

I do not look at the clock, nor drink caffeine after 8pm.

Yes I have had depression, probably do still have it. I came off the medication 3 weeks (maybe 4 the week are being to blur and merge) ago due to an allergic reaction. Last week the doctor refused to put me on anything else as you could still see where the rash was and it itched something like 10 times a day. He said low times are normal, and would review to see if I really needed to go onto anymore when the rash had dissappeared altogether.

Charles R
Rating
drink some red wine before bedtime.

candpcampbell58@btinternet.com
Rating
Imagine you are in a lift 20 floors up looking at the numbers going down as it passes each floor, slowly though until you reach the ground floor, when you leave the lif you follow a flower lined path that takes you to a clearing and you sit there looking out to sea listening to the sea gulls by this time you should be pretty calm stay focused

KEN W1953
Rating
Take Lot's of drugs dear (zopiclone) You can get them on the
net, TAKE 3 you will sleep then. (works for me) KEN

Swamy
Do some deep breathing. Also if there are some emotional issues, try EFT (www.emofree.com). Reiki helps too and is being given to you. Pl. accept Reiki as a free gift of love from the universe to you. Blessings.

jacko
Rating
See insomnia treatments, at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on page 3, practising one of the relaxation techniques on page 2, such as mindfulness breathing, or word/phrase repetition, in bed, after lights out.

casey
Rating
here is a suggestion you can go and see a doctor there might be some hormonal imbalance. Keep your dog in your room and you wont have to worry about that or keep dog in a pen. maybe run a fan to help drown out other noises go to bed earlier so that even if you wake up you will still get more sleep. breathing helps to calm down maybe you have a sleep apnea go see a doctor they can help sometimes

Louise
I wonder what you are so sad about that makes you want to cry - perhaps if you could talk about this it may feel easier and then you will be able to rest at night. Have you a good friend or a family member that will let you talk in confidence.
I also wonder what would happen if your dog hadn't behaved? Sometimes when we are so tired or vulnerable it is easy to get things out of perspective. Take care xx

Angela M
I set my T.V to go off in one hour, shove on a DVD which I have watched umpteen times, I usually am zonked within half an hour. Don't have any alchohol-it is hopeless for getting a good kip.Try not to resort to any medication as you may end up stuck on it!!

Crazygirl ♥ aka GT
You know, this sounds just like my sleeping troubles. This is on my watchlist.

Mickey!*
Well you may need to see a doctor if you can't find any reason for feeling upset like that. It may be a form of depression but the way I sleep is by reading before bed. Anything that interest you, read on it! I am currently reading on politics to know more for the up coming election.

curvypea
Try a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow, should relax you.

♥Lucky Charm♥
DRINK CHAMOMILE TEA BEFORE BED, THAT HELPS RELAX YOUR MUSCLES & HAVE A BETTER SLEEP.

shadow
warm milk or a hot drink last thing at night.
lavender if you are not pregnant.
watch TV.
avoid chocolate.coffe.cheese.red wine.
if insomnia persists see your GP.

Apple Shampoo
I have been the same the last few weeks. Try some Herbal Tea (check the box, some refresh you, so get one which is right for you), and a warm (but not boiling hot) bath, to relax you, and instead of watching TV read a book. Once in bed take deep breaths, and think about something relaxing, like a peaceful beach or a calm river. And keep all other thoughts out your head. Some shops can sell Herbal Sleeping Tablets, which you could try if you wanted an extra sleeping aid. Good luck

kat12
Sounds like you need to get to the bottom of whats really bothering you. I have been crying too lately right before sleep. I guess when you think about it your body has to relax before it sleeps and if you are crying there is something that is bothering you that you dont want to address however when you relax it comes out. So until you address all of this I think it will be very hard for you to sleep unless you take meds. Ive tried the med route and it leaves ya kinda hung over the next day. Find someone a counselor to help you with this.

muesli
Rating
how about a nice hot bath to unwind.followed by camomile tea seems to work for me.

Bee
Rating
This happens to me too, nights of worrying, and tossing, but this is what I do. Don't look at the clock. Worrying about how much sleep your getting and when you have to get up won't help you. Take deep calming breaths, think about something you love to do, or someone you care about.
If that doesn't work i suppose you could ask your doctor about sleeping pills. Or you could try aromatherapy.
Hope I helped.

Weeza
I think you should go to your doctor and say you cry at night if it is for no reason, that sounds like something a little more complicated than just not sleeping well.

write down all your thoughts before you sleep and use some lavender drops on your pillow to get it all off your mind and calm you down before settling, make sure you actually settle before sleep so NO COMPUTER NO TV NO RADIO, no stimulants like coffee, tea or fizzy drinks, drink some milk or Horlicks, read a book and have a bath with lavendar bath foam or drops. Make your bedroom a calming place and make sure noise is kept minimum, sort out everything before your 'calming down' time e.g. your dog, everythin that needs to be done before you sleep and get things ready for the morning.
My Mum tends to wake to little noises or worries about things so wakes up at 6 AM worrying about whether my brother will get a late train when he goes to Sixthform college or not....it's daft but it happens.

I would seriously recommend thinkn about why you cant control your cryin and defently take a trip to your doctor; just to rule out any disorders and such.

You will make small mistakes if you are tired. When you lay in bed try to think of nothingness, stare at somethin small and try to keep your eyes OPEN then you will feel a heavy tiredness come over you and you shud be able to close your eyes and sleep, this works when i find i cant get to sleep.

SweetPandemonium
if seeing your doctor reveals nothing physically or psychologically wrong, here's a self-relaxation technique i use:

picture yourself on: the beach, beside a woodland stream, a private clearing in the woods, big huge bathtub in a fantasy bathroom, getting a massage -- wherever you want, whatever appeals to you that night; i use different locations depending

picture the surroundings very specifically: for instance, if on the beach (my favorite), i picture the sun shining, warm but not hot, just enough breeze to keep me comfy, a few puffy clouds in the sky, the sound of the waves & the birds calling; i'm lying on the beach on my back with my eyes closed, just enjoying the sun and the sounds, and relaxing; feeling my toes relax (and DO feel your toes relax), the relaxation moving up to the balls of my feet, then the soles, the heels, up to my ankles (picture this slowly), up the calves of my legs & the shins...etc -- by now, you get the picture i'm sure. just keep going til you either fall asleep or reach the top of your head.

my speech teacher in high school taught us this with a twist: we pictured ourselves filling with orange koolaid, so sometimes i picture myself filling with bubbly water and the bubbles act as little tiny massagers to help the relaxation.

after you try it a couple times, branch out and use your imagination for what works for you. good luck!!

Parahandy
You should see your doctor right away as depression can become chronic. There are supplements to boost the level of seratonin in your brain and that looks like what's wrong with you. Your doc will understand your problem.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy