Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is wanting to jump off a bridge a sign of depression?

Why do i do drugs?
i have done drugs, more than a few times actually. i feel really good when i am doing them, but guilty after. should i keep doing them and live with the guilt or should i give up my happiness?...

Please interpret this Dream?
In my dream, I was reorganizing and cleaning. But It wasn't my real apartment,it was bigger. In the dream I lived there. There were alot of old-fashioned white wooden drawers. There was white ...

What do you do to get rid of your daily stress after work? How do you spend your time till you sleep?

Am i depressed or just weak minded?
hi. im 22 years old and have never had a gf,and never really even had a girl interested in me that i have liked. it seems i always fall straight into the friend wagon, never the boyfriend. this has ...

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

I'm plain and kind of ugly. Can I actually have boyfriends?
http://i225.photobucket. I just sat and cried for hours because it hits me how unattractive I am to men--both attractive and otherwise.
I'm ...

How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time....

OMG , Plz help me with this for gods sake ?? I am ruining myself?
I am a college student , age :18 , male , & a gay ; I have fell in crush with my professor ( He is around 26 ); But he is now moving to other state permanently & he may never meet us again ; I...

A vampire in the family?
our niece just spilled the beans to a cousin that she's a vampire. sneaks out at night to feed. has headaches from the voice in her head, that talks to her for hours at a time. got it from a ...

How can you tell if someone is addicted or using cocaine?
i have a feeling my bf is using it and im not sure i dont know how to tell. plz help
Additional Details
also i dont want to let him know that i think hes using it because ive heard that ...

Could I be Bi Polar?????????
My Aunt has been diagnosed with Bi Polar disease.
So I looked it up and I think I may have it.

I can be EXTREMELY HYPER to where I'll do ANYTHING.
I will do "crazy"...

Does drinking alcohol help anxiety sufferers?
Does it help calm you as my sister tells me, I dont drink cos I am scared it will affect my pill or make me feel dizzy etc???...

My dreams are freaking me out?
every time i have my period, i have a recurring dream, that my daughter is being kidnapped, i always find her, but then i have to watch her being abused, last night however i dreamt that my son had ...

I need help?
Its hard to explain everything but i will give u some details, i have derpression and some social promblems, and i am a full time carrer and i am finding it really hard to cope with everything most ...

Cant stop crying?
Im crying now as i type this... Im so upset i feel upset to the core! why is this...
Additional Details
I had cancer in 2005 im 22 now.. i hate the way i look... i hate most things . god ...

Deperssion?
Has anyone out there ever suffered from depression, and if so, How did you discover you were suffering from it and can it ever be defeated?
Additional Details
Thanx for all the ...

My neighbor never leaves the house, has no visitors, and doesn't know any of us after 12 years! What's wrong??
I've lived in a 3 flat building five years. My downstairs neighbor, whom no one really knows, has lived here 12 years. According to other neighbors, they rarely see her, she has no visitors, ...

What is wrong with my 7yr. old? Someone please help!?
2nd grade, in new school, can't stop talking, can't do work, falls off chairs, keeps getting in trouble, has to be the loudest kid, makes goofy noises, hyper, won't listen, dad not ...

How do I get over my mothers death?

Koteczka :(
My life is so lovely that I might as well shoot myself...?
Does anybody know from a counsellor who doesn't charge because I can't pay
Additional Details
I'm not looking for attention, I am just genuinely messed up and really want to talk to someone, it is not only about my previous question, NO! there is more....

HINDU
Rating
Swami Sukhabodhananda
RSS Feeds| SMS ASTRO to 8888 for latest updates

One youngster comes to me very depressed and asks this question "Why is God creating so many difficulties for us? How to handle stress?" I tell this youngster to reflect on this beautiful story:

A man goes to a shop, picks up a beautiful cup and says "my god this cup is so beautiful" and suddenly the cup starts talking to the man. The cup starts saying "O man, I am beautiful right now, but what was the state of my being before the pot-maker made me a beautiful pot?

Before I was sheer mud and the pot-maker pulled me out of the mud from the mother earth and I felt why that pot-maker is so cruel, he has separated me from mother earth. I felt a tremendous pain. And the pot-maker said, "Just wait." Then he put me and churned me, when I was churned I felt so giddy, so painful, so stressful, I asked the pot-maker "Why are you so cruel?" the pot-maker said, "Just wait." Then he put me into a oven and heated me up, I felt completely burnt. There was tremendous pain and I asked the pot-maker "Why are you so cruel?" and the pot-maker said, "Just wait."

Then he poured hot paint on me and I felt the fume and the pain, I again asked the pot-maker "Why are you so cruel?" and the pot-maker said, "Just wait." Then again he put me into an oven and heated it to make me more strong, I felt life is so painful hence pleaded the pot-maker and the pot-maker said, "Just wait." And after that the pot-maker took me to the mirror and said, "Now look at yourself". And surprisingly I found myself so beautiful.

When god gives us lot of trouble, it appears god is very cruel but we need patience and we have to wait. When bad things happen to good people, they become better and not bitter.

So all difficulties are part of a cosmic design to make us really beautiful. We need patience, we need understanding, we need the commitment to go through in a very calm and wise way. So all difficulties are not to tumble us but to humble us.

With this understanding, let us not be against difficulty. Understand difficulty is a part of a purifying process. A purifying process at present which we cannot understand and hence we need faith and we need trust.

Let us understand how to handle stress with this background. You can be affected by stress from two angles. There is an internal stress and there is an external stress. Nobody can avoid stress; one has to only manage stress. Managing stress can be internal and also external.

The internal stress is; your thoughts can create stress, your values can create stress, and your beliefs can create stress, meaning thereby your stress is coming from your mind more from the outer world. Many people suffer not from heart attack - they suffer from thought-attack.

For example, when somebody says you are an idiot, we get so hurt, we get so victimised. My boss has called me an idiot and I am feeling tremendous pain. Now where does this stress come from? If my boss has called me an idiot, I have to ask myself "am I an idiot"?

If I am an idiot nothing to be upset about; and if I am not an idiot, then also nothing to be upset about! It is the perception of the boss. But why do we suffer from that stress? I suffer not because my boss has called me an idiot but because of the thought-attack.

I may say the boss has called me an idiot; therefore I am suffering? It is true that the words are unpleasant. But what hurts is the interpretation of the unpleasant word. The thought in me interprets. That is pain and therefore it becomes pain. Much of our stress is our mind interpreting it as pain. So we suffer from thought-attack more than heart attack.

sharon
why not try to find some friends on here? or maybe your lonely cos no one knows how to say your name?

Callisto
Rating
friends .... they will always listen you without charging

bernie c
Go to your local psychiatric unit and tell them how you feel they have nurses who will talk to you and point you in the right direction and I'm not joking I know someone years ago who did and they have someone on duty at all times good luck

letmeknow738
Please do not do that...IM me...I will listen!!!

Horsense
Rating
Understanding Mood Disorders
- Tormented Minds
- Living With a Mood Disorder
- Hope for Sufferers
- How Others Can Help
http://watchtower.org/library/g/2004/1/8/article_01.htm

Do You Struggle With Your Feelings?
http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050801/article_02.htm

How Can I Control My Emotions?
- A Challange ...
- A Key to Controling Emotions
- Slowing Down Anger
- Other Practical Steps
http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2005/2/22/article_01.htm

☺Bojanglesvegan☺
Rating
what if you called a suicide hot line? some one is always on the other end willing to help.

SHEBA
ring the samaritans

Tonk
Rating
life is so precious if your truly in need of help talk to your doctor

memorris900
You and your mother are suffering from depression. You are a depressive. You can seek help or you can learn to live with it. Go to the docotor,. I know that NO ONE would wan to be on medicine for a long period of time but if you never go and if you never take the medicine then you will never know if it could have helped you. GO!!!

glgl
I know of healers you can see for free but for counselors you have to ask your GP, you can have Cognitive behavioural therapy on the NHS. It's a long waiting list as many people want it for free....lol
If you want healing go here & type ur postcode for your nearest centre(they work on donations only but most people give £1-3 as they have to pay to rent halls for healing),

tobybites
Rating
Your never alone.There are people on here who care.A problem shared is a problem halved.Do talk to your G.P. He will give you advice.

Mr.Robot
Rating
Go to a church.

Orchid
hey if your life is so lovely why would u want to kill urself? there are people in way worse positions than u, who are dying with no choice, and u have a choice to make, life IS precious, dont throw that away, and if it is guilt u are feeling about living such a good life and u feel that it is wrong when others cant, dont feel bad, just try to help and u might feel better, like recycling,donating to a charity and soforth. Please dont throw away your only chance to live!
See, u didnt need a counsellor! You have me!! and im only 13!
Good Luck, Orchid xx

Think Tank
have you tried talking to a vicar?

lucy_whufc
Just go to the doctor, explain and they refer.

greenygvd
Rating
If you're serious, ring the samaratans. They will help.

James
Rating
contact your gp about how you are feeling and they should be able to help

mike 9999999
Rating
make an appointment with your GP, theyll be able to get you in touch with some one who can help. in the meantime, if you ever feel close to breaking point, you can call the samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 (the number is free) and email them at Jo@samaritans.org. youre also welcome to email me if you want to. i hope you get through this tough time. theres a lot of beauty in life and your life is worth living. try to stay strong :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy