Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am 5'7" and 98 lbs..... I feel fat in the mirror but then I see pics & I think I am skinny..do I have an ED?
I will feel normal sized or slightly big in the mirror.....but then I will see pictures of myself and think I am skinny.....does this mean I have an ED?...

How often do you do it?
Eat meals...are you more of a 3 square meals a day, or 5 smaller meals?...

How many pounds can you loose in 4 weeks by starving?
please no mess i really wanna know....

Is it true that...?
If you suffer from bulimia, even if you're still at a healthy weight, your periods stop?

Don't worry, just curious!

Did i eat to much today?? ?
i am battling anorexia and recently ovrcoming it.
I had
special k granola bar and banana for breakfast

1/2 a bagel & strawberry yogurt for lunch

i went to the ...

What is my weight supposed to be? I am 5'9 and 13?

Additional Details
I am girl i am okayy in looking weight i don't really have a belly. i weigh right now 126...

What [type of] foods keep you full longer than others (but ones that taste good ;] lol)?
im not obese or anything i just eat when im bored for some reason or when I just have nothing else to do..

its so annoying i dont wanna gain weight!

im thinking that maybe if i ...

How many calories dose 100 calories burn?

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

caramel4u352000
Ive recently started working out and drinking lots of well guess what ive gained 5lbs im crying here help me?
i dont want to give up but i feel i am

Mike
Rating
The following healthy living recommendations will help you if you’re trying to lose weight, tone up your muscles, have aspirations of building lean muscle mass, are attempting to get a wash board stomach, or just want to feel better:

*1) Burn more calories then you're consuming everyday and measure your results using the following formula: Calories Consumed minus Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) minus Physical Activity minus the Thermic Effect of Food (TEF). A website that explains this formula in more detail and will help you determine how many calories you need to reach or maintain a certain weight is at http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/calsburned.htm

Get a diet and fitness calculator that you can put on your computer or cell phone. This will allow you to easily calculate the above formula, set goals, log your daily calorie consumption, and register your physical activities.

Set realistic goals for your ideal body weight. Here are two websites that will calculate a suggested body weight:
Adults: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
Teens/Children: http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/exercise/weight/bmi.html

It is difficult and unhealthy to lose more than one or two pounds per week. There are 3,500 calories in a pound. If you eat 500 fewer calories per day for a week you will lose one pound. If you burn through exercise 500 more calories per day for a week you will lose one pound.

*2) Eat natural and organic foods found on earth versus something created by a corporation to make money. Eat meals in small portions throughout the day and take a good multi-vitamin supplement.

Avoid “High Glycemic Load Carbs” (sugar, pastries, desserts, refined starches such as breads, pasta, refined grains like white rice; high starch vegetables such as potatoes) and drink lots of water. Read this article for more information on high GL Carbs:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates.html

Do not try fad diets or diet pills. Here is an excellent food pyramid that anyone can follow: http://www.rayandterry.com/html/images/PyramidLRG.gif?osCsid=26a424be471d1337e7c2f105d5c64d9d

*3) Exercise on most days by doing cardiovascular training and/or resistance training activities.

Read a book or find a certified trainer to make sure your doing all resistance training exercises correctly. A great book to buy that teaches you the resistance training basics is “Weight Training for Dummies”. A superb magazine to buy with resistance training routines that will not get you bored is "Muscle and Fitness". Signup for the free newsletter. An excellent free online resource is at http://www.exrx.net/

A good book to buy that teaches you the cardiovascular training basics is “Fitness for Dummies”.

*4) Get plenty of sleep. Sleep experts say most adults need between seven and nine hours of sleep each night for optimum performance, health, and safety.

*5) Educate yourself continually on health issues and make a life long commitment to good health. A great free publication is “Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005”. A superb book to read is “You The Owner’s Manual”. An excellent periodic publication is the “Nutrition Action Health Letter”. A reputable test you can take to measure your biological age is at http://realage.com

Look at all areas where you can enhance your health. For example, make improvements in the quality of the air you breathe. Review outdoor air quality forecasts where you live and get an indoor air purifier. Send me an email or yahoo instant message to "gainbetterhealth" if you want an indoor air purifier recommendation and if you have any questions.

*Click on all the source links below to get the full benefit of the recommendations. The answers presented to your health questions are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Aimee S
you arent gaining fat you are gaining muscle... its good... dont worry about it.

gymfreak
Rating
By drinking I assume you mean water. You may have gained muscle mass or you maybe doing something wrong with your diet.

yumm
this article has some great weight loss programs and exercise that will help you out

lionheart007
So many ladies worry about what the scales say. Muscle is heavier than fat. It's what looks good not what the scales say.

dreamnnsomniac
Rating
muscle weighs more than fat. when you convert your fat to muscle, you'll naturally gain a couple pounds.

if you've noticed your body becoming leaner and slimmer, yet you weigh more, that's totally natural. don't worry, and don't give up :)

doenuttz@sbcglobal.net
That's what usually happen when you first workout..You gain weight.. After a couple of months ,you are going to realise that you are losing weight and beginning to get muscles definitions.Don't give up!!!Keep at It Up.!!!. I know its hard but well worth it..

snvffy
NO JOKE????

Didn't you know that muscle weighs more than fat?

nickipettis
Rating
Have you measurements changed? do you look more toned?
I ask because muscle weighs more than fat. Really.

You may have lost fat and gained muscle - a good thing.

the number on the scale is not the whole story.

proudcaucasian
you could be devolping more muscle and the muscle does weigh more. you could be taking on more water and it could have something to do with your metabolism. get your thyroid checked.a simple blood test will tell you if thats ok. and it could be just your body is storeing the fat for energy since you just started working out. your body is probably keeping the fat all at once so it can have something to burn. try eating even more healthy. go on a green diet and all vegies. and when your working out,eat some homemade chex mix and especially raisens. raisens help with your muscles. try it,youll see. they help replinish the acid your body makes in the muscles and youll get a better recovery time. worked for me

sexytrojan
Get off the scale, sweetie.

First, if you are drinking a lot of water, your body will retain it initially. When your pee starts to look like lemonade, you are excreting the water.

Second, when you work out, you build muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.

okie300
your muscles hold on to the water when you first start working out, that will cause a quick gain, also i know you know this, but muscle weighs more than fat-but the more muscle you build the quicker you will burn fat, give it some time and make sure you are not starving your body or you will kill your metabolism and you wont loose anything.

erin7
Go by measurements not weight. Muscle is denser than fat, it's packed in nice and tight, not like fat which sprawls all over! You'll see a loss on the scale soon, but don't let it be your only guide! Are your clothes feeling even a tiny bit looser? Do you feel better? Are you sleeping better and are more awake during the day?

kidding right?
Rating
muscle weighs more than fat and you could also be retaining water.

txhypnotist
Remember Muscle is heavy compaired to fat, the good news is, it will change. Go get the vitiam bible at a GNC store and learn what vitiams to take to cause to the get more fit.

Terry D
Rating
well they say that somtimes people gain weight out of stress

steveed
Muscle weighs more than fat. Plus your body isn't used to the amount of water you're drinking. Keep it up eventually your body will get used to the amount of water you are drinking and not retain so much. Good luck.

jessica l
Rating
since muscle weighs more than fat, you will gain weight in muscle but that is better than weight in fat. Don't go by what the scale says go by the way your cloths fit. Works for me. Scales can be deceiving.

sinm0123
Rating
LOL! Sorry, I had the same thing happen. Stop watching the scale and start watching your waistline. Muscle weighs more than fat. Don't worry, it will melt the fat and you'll lose weight soon.

slichick
No, please, tell me what you are drinking. Maybe the key to gaining 5lbs, especially since you are drinking lots of .............?

kndyss
duh.....its muscle, if you wanna lose weight, try weight watchers and later you can tone. make sure you dont do it at the same time because itll seem like youre doing nuthin bcause youll hav mor muscle.....good luck

kid_flav
The weight gain is normal, even up to 10 lbs. The reason is that when you start working out you stress your muscles and they need water to work. The more you workout the more water they need. Your body retains this water until it adjusts to the increased workload you are putting on it. The increased water that you are drinking is being stored for later use and muscles recovery cycle. I would be more concerned about someone that was working out and losing weight right away as they usually suffer dehydration and just stop like an overheated car by the side of the road.

If you keep working out you'll find that you may gain a few pounds but it will be in dense muscle tissue so you will look much fitter. The more muscle mass you have the easier it will be to keep fit as muscle burns calories while fat does not. Even if you exchanged five pounds of fat for muscle the long term benefit is huge.

You're one the right track!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy