Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Who hates going to the dentist and why?
hate ...

I am 27 Years old and I am Getting Braces..Do they Hurt ??
I finally got some good insurance to get braces. I am getting the traditional ones but with white locks so they blend in with my teeth more. What I was wondering is if it hurts to get them put in. ...

How make your teeth white and shine?

Is a deep hole normal that traps food after wisdom tooth extraction?

Flossing...?
Does anyone actually floss everyday? I do but I think I'm in the minority....

Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

Can I die from Vicodin?

White teeth?
I need to get white teeth fast for a modeling photoshoot and I am wondering how can I get white teeth fast without white strips. I also brush my teeth everyday but it doesnt ...

Tooth pain after a root canal?
I got a root canal on my tooth I never got a cap but on it ... three years ago I got the root canal a year after the root canal i started to feel some pain in the tooth , I told my dentist he said ...

Bad Breath?
I have had bad breath all my life. i brush my teeth twice a day for 4 minutes and i floss twice a day too. and i still have bad breath. i have found no solution, can someone tell me if u had this ...

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

glasgowmum1977
Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

Cosmo Analjuice
Rating
I'll pray for you.

StymieHo
It depends on your dentist... A root canal can be done painlessly, but some dentists do not take the time to make it painless.

Your initial injections will sting pretty good, but after about 3 seconds, all is numb. As with most people, the drill is the worst part. The sound of that damned drill.

Exiled in the Midlands
I have had it done twice. The first time, it was like having a dustbin inserted in the rectum. The second time my darling little Latvian dentist did it without me even knowing. Damn these immigrants!!!!

LOOK!!! there he is.
yeah if they dont num with novacane. but as long as they numb you then you wont feel to much more like a small pinch. trust get the treatment and will save you pain in the future

Courtney
Rating
No they really shouldn't be. You might experience some pain the first day or so but with all the new technology it should be pretty painless. The pain you will feel is from them digging so deep into the roots and if the dentist isn't gentle about it you will have more pain. You should be fine with some painkillers.

aine_alainn
Rating
I had it done about 10 years ago and remember wondering afterwards what all the fuss was about. It really wasn't that bad at all (and I usually hate the dentist). I think I was just expecting it to be so bad that I was relieved when it wasn't.

You'll be fine - don't worry!!

Jay R
Rating
If you have a good dentist, it shouldn't be too bad, although of course it depends on the severity of the condition.

I had it a few years ago. You may want to ask for a topical anaesthetic on the gum before you get the main shot - I remember it was a bit deeper than normal, but once it had set in it was fine and it was just like having a very, very long filling. (and I am terrified of needles, so if I can do it, you can!)

It wasn't too bad at all. Good luck.

Sheeeeeee
its not painfull at all, dont get afraid.

rscanner
Once they numb you there is no pain, just pressure. Every time I have had a root canal and I have had about 3 of them, it is because I am in pain already, 2 abscessed teeth and 1 cracked molar. So any discomfort from the root canal procedure was a welcome relief from the pain I was experiencing already.

Nicky♥
Rating
I had to have that done - and when I told people I was getting it done, they said it would be sooo painful and they took a couple of days off work, blah, blah, blah...anyway I had it done and it didn't hurt at all! - I had some discomfort but went back to work the next day! I suppose it depends on your pain threshold???

RDH
No, normally root canal treatment is NOT painful. Not having it done is what is painful. By the time you need a root canal, you usually have pain in your tooth. If you have an infection, you would have been given antibiotics to clear it up and also the pain. A root canal removes the pulp and infection from the canal in the root and replaces it with medication so that you don't have any more pain.

ididntknodat
Rating
sorry but yes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy