Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

Can I die from Vicodin?

White teeth?
I need to get white teeth fast for a modeling photoshoot and I am wondering how can I get white teeth fast without white strips. I also brush my teeth everyday but it doesnt ...

Tooth pain after a root canal?
I got a root canal on my tooth I never got a cap but on it ... three years ago I got the root canal a year after the root canal i started to feel some pain in the tooth , I told my dentist he said ...

Bad Breath?
I have had bad breath all my life. i brush my teeth twice a day for 4 minutes and i floss twice a day too. and i still have bad breath. i have found no solution, can someone tell me if u had this ...

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

How does oral surgery for impacted tooth feel?

Is it sore when they take your braces off your teeth?
Im getting mine off on the 18th. Will it be sore?...

I'm 15 and I only just lost my last baby tooth. shall I see my orthodontist?
I quite literally just lost my last baby tooth at the age of 15.9 yrs. I read that the average age for losing the last baby tooth is 11.5 yrs. I asked my mom, and she says the tooth looks sort of ...

How old are you when you lose your first tooth?
I have a 5 year old daughter who has a loose tooth in the front. Isn't it too early for her to be losing her baby teeth?...

Wisdom teeth extraction. Is it necessary?
So I went to the dentist and he said my 4 wisdom teeth are candidates for extraction. He showed me the x ray and one is coming in facing the wrong direction, so I know that one has to come out, but ...

dr.imankad
What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental experiences better. I want to know so I can help make myself a better dentist. It can be big things or small. Give me your best...

SweetLiLislandGirL
Cleanliness, availability( flexible hours), gentle tone, gentle way of handling the patients(bedside manner). All over professional look( personal appearance as well as how your clinic is designed and decorated). Soothing music also, my dentists has a waterfall in the waiting room.Fresh flowers on the coffee table and a palm-tree in the walk way it give the clinic a more warm feeling to know that they take the time to take care of theirs plants.

Dbaby
For me, visiting the Dentist should be a good experience, by that I mean for them to be polite, friendly, smiley and respectful with good manners. Most often they don't how to greet a patient, they don't even say how we are doing, and that's rude.

tonalc1
Be a good listener.
Don't be judgmental.
Explain everything you're doing and why.
Don't say "there may be a little discomfort" when it's really going to hurt; this lowers trust IMO.
Provide good music (on headphones), nice surroundings (I hate staring at a white ceiling or wall), and nitrous to whomever wants it.

PiNkY
My dentist has a variety of music available for me to listen to, when I don't bring my MP3 Player. He has these great pictures hanging on the wall that I always find new aspects to focus on while in the chair, and most importantly he always listens to what I have to say about my oral issues. He knows that it's going to take a little more meds to get me numb, and doesn't fuss when I don't floss well!

Best wishes with your endeavor to be a great dentist!

mattnocal7
Rating
Small hands
Concern with making me comfortable in the chair and enough novicaine

Kevin
I think you are probably better than average already just based on the fact that you are asking the question. However, here's my input:

1. Hygiene and Bad breath. Dentists with bad breath get right in your face after morning coffee and long conversations and breath right at you when you can't do anything about it. It's nasty when this happens. The same is true of body odors. You should shower including a shampooing every morning and use deodorant. This should go without saying. Unfortunately, alot of men, particularly older ones, seem oblivious to this and tend to smell like a goat farm. This is annoying to everyone, even other guys.

2. Be conscious of the patients need to swallow or spit much more often than you'd expect. It can be very annoying to be laying back with spit in your throat - can't swallow, can't talk without choking, can't spit, dentist is working, and maybe your nose is stopped up. It's a minor nightmare.

3. Make sure they get enough novacaine.

4. Don't try to work on 20 people at once. I realize it takes time for pain shots to take effect and x-rays take time, and that you can go faster and make more money if you have a full lineup, but once the pain shot is out of the way, it's annoying as heck when the dentist keeps getting up and leaving for 10 or 20 minutes at a time over and over and finally, after about an hour, your 15 minute job on your filling is completed.

5. Sunglasses. Those big cataract glasses will fit over about anything else, and the spot light is so incredibly bright that without sunglasses, it can leave spots in your eyes for quite a while and is uncomfortable too.

6. A good sized glass of rinse water is nice to have.

that's all I can think of for now. Good luck. I'll edit if I think of more.

- Kevin

butchkie@rogers.com
My dentist is the best in the world!!!!!! He is so funny, I have been with him for almost 10 years. Number one, he hired an amazing dental assistant, who makes you feel so comfortable in any procedure. He puts movies on while he is working on your teeth. He tells jokes, always concerned on how I'm feeling. He pulled my wisdom teeth out, and called me later that night to see if I was okay. (Shocked me, at the beginning)

He is just an angel sent from heaven in my eyes. The way I look at him, that he has saved my teeth from day one. My teeth was awful, and needed attention in all area's. I was so scared, and cried like a baby when I first met him. The poor guy took it like nothing at all.

besides he has to be great to have a patient like me!!! And boy I was very complicated patient at the start. I even saw him today, when I got my cleaning done. He didn't have to come back where I was, but he was there just to see how I was. He is always on time, and if he has other patients, he is sure to keep everyone happy!

I love my dentist....Best dentist ever DR. CHAGGER

txredman
Rating
The best dentists I've been to had extremely professional help. Since your patients spend more time with your staff than they do with you I'd start by making sure they are making your customers happy.

Streamline the process. Don't book more patients than you can handle and do your best to stay on schedule (easier said than done I know).

I went to an oral surgeon a month ago who was running behind. His office staff was so incredibly friendly and good at their jobs that I was not upset at all when the doctor was able to see me. Of course he was friendly and professional as well.

I'm married to a dentist so I know how hard it can be to keep everyone happy.

charmedwitch94
Rating
well, i know that when i look for a decent dentist i want one who has comforting words, and soft, gentle hands. i dont want a dentist with massive, choke me hands. one who is caring, and wants to give you the best treatment no matter how old you are, whether you are six or ninety seven. i like a dentist that knows what he is talking about, that knows what is wrong with you the moment he takes a look, not one that needs to call on assistance. i like a dentist that is affordable as well, not one that charges a million dollars and your arm and leg to get a filling. um, must be clean, i dont like a dirty, messy, or unorganized dentist, or anything for that matter. flexible, must not be a chooser, i hate it when you have a throbbing sore tooth and you have to wait three months before you can get it checked out. must not be judgemental, i hate it when i say that i need a little more novacaine because i am not effected as well as others and they decide that i am pushy. know your patients, get to know what they like and dislike, make them feel at home. have some interesting well rounded music playing in the background to calm a restless patient. and something to look at, i once had a dentist that put mesmerizing photos above the chair so when they are digging through your mouth and you are looking up, you see a picture that takes your mind of of the pain and discomfort. I also found that having a waiting room with a tv is important so that patients do not become impatient, and a seperate room for peopel waiting for the novacaine to take effect go to read or watch a movie or tv show, that way, you dont have to sit with a bunch of blabbering people. a good dentist is always good with children, because they are the best judges, if a dentist can calm a scared child before the dentist sticks a needle in there gum, they are good for me. those are just a few guidlines. i hope that helps, Kate

j s
Rating
Honesty - a dentist that won't tell me I need things that I really don't, after he sees I have a big pile of insurance.

sandblaster
First of all, most patient does not know if you are good or not.
Frontdesk people, especially who answers the phone, must be knowledgeble and know, what their talking about.From teeth problem to insurance question.
Dentist: Must be honest to patient regarding treatment planning. Must listen to patients needs not what dentist wants to do ( which should be option 2 )Spend time to answer all the question.Cost of treatment. Believe me, patient freaks out, if they don't know, they have to pay their portion. They need to know, before work needs to be done.Avoid changing treatment plan, due to incorrect charting . I see it all, I heard it all.

iluvhotguys
Rating
you should be nice, comfortable to be around, entertaining and i like it when my dentist talks to me. ask them about their day and tell jokes..it doesnt matter if theyre corny.

be friendly...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy