Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

White teeth?
I need to get white teeth fast for a modeling photoshoot and I am wondering how can I get white teeth fast without white strips. I also brush my teeth everyday but it doesnt ...

Tooth pain after a root canal?
I got a root canal on my tooth I never got a cap but on it ... three years ago I got the root canal a year after the root canal i started to feel some pain in the tooth , I told my dentist he said ...

Bad Breath?
I have had bad breath all my life. i brush my teeth twice a day for 4 minutes and i floss twice a day too. and i still have bad breath. i have found no solution, can someone tell me if u had this ...

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

How does oral surgery for impacted tooth feel?

Is it sore when they take your braces off your teeth?
Im getting mine off on the 18th. Will it be sore?...

I'm 15 and I only just lost my last baby tooth. shall I see my orthodontist?
I quite literally just lost my last baby tooth at the age of 15.9 yrs. I read that the average age for losing the last baby tooth is 11.5 yrs. I asked my mom, and she says the tooth looks sort of ...

How old are you when you lose your first tooth?
I have a 5 year old daughter who has a loose tooth in the front. Isn't it too early for her to be losing her baby teeth?...

Wisdom teeth extraction. Is it necessary?
So I went to the dentist and he said my 4 wisdom teeth are candidates for extraction. He showed me the x ray and one is coming in facing the wrong direction, so I know that one has to come out, but ...

Do you brush your teeth before bed??
i brush 2 - 3 times a day.... once after i wake up, once after breakfast or lunch, and once after dinner..... i want to go to sleep with a minty fresh mouth but if i brush after dinner all that ...

How do you know if you have bad breath?
everone reassures me i dont but i know i do i feel it somedays it bas but if i brush really good and like 8 times then itll be okay will i ever live a normal ...

Tony T
If i go to the dentist,will the dentist tell my parents that i smoke?
ok... ive been smoking for atleast about 1 1/2 years and my teeth arent really straight and both of my front teeth are chiped and even the middle is chipped to in between both of my front teeth,yes its bad... and i havent been to the dentist since i was maybe 11 years old,now im 15 years old,and i want to get retainers besides getting braces and i also need a filling for my front teeth so that it wont look chiped any more.. can someone please answer my question... i am really scared to go to the dentist with my parents and if my parents find out that i smoked... i will be grounded for life because their against it!!

Elephant Box.
yes, he or she will, if they notice. you really should think of what you are going to explain.

Chase Cc
can dentists really tell if u smoke oh shi,t im 15 too well i guess im fuc,ked

sweetiepie859
Rating
OH YEAH! In the first place u dont need to b smokin. You are way 2 young to be doing that. If you go to the dentist and your parents find out then mayb u deserve 2 b grounded 4 life. Most girls dont like boys who smoke. I know I dont. Smoking is a filthy habit!!! U need 2 quit!! Trust me!!

nana4141
Rating
" Listen To Your Parent's, They Love You ! "

http://smoking.drugabuse.gov/

jenna g
Rating
the dentist probably wont tell them. If you really think about it...if i were a dentist i wouldnt tell the parents, id assume they already knew, or i wouldnt be sure so yeah. I am sure they come across many teens who smoke so they are used to it. I am 15..i dont smoke, i have many who do..who go to dentists and their parents have no idea. Dont worry about it, and if your dentist does...then thats stupid. If your parents find out just tell them you USED to smoke, or are quitting because you should be:P. haha. good luck!:)

♥BINK♥
Yes, the dentist will most likely be able to tell that you smoke. If you tell your dentist that you do, and tell him that you would prefer that your parents didn't know about it...most of them will respect your privacy (yes even as a 15 yr old). That is what they call Patient Confidentiality.
If your parents do end up knowing...maybe it is for the best so they can help you to quit. I am a smoker and started in when I was 14 yrs old. It is extremely HARD to quit! so please quit while you can:) Good luck!

sheri
i don't think the dentist will tell your parents if you ask him/her not to....but you should consider quiting.....the health risks are so profound, even if you only smoke for a few years damage can be done.

Cristy
Rating
My advice is quit now while you are young, smoking will do nothing but give you cancer. I have been trying to quit since my grandfather died of lung cancer and it is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do. Do not put your health at risk just to try to look cool, by the way it does not look cool and it is a waste of money

plumbinjim52
If you smoke any body can smell it on your breath. i been smoking for 42 yrs. and it will stain your teeth

keb
Rating
Well, I'm a smoker, first off, so I'm not trying to give you a hard time, BUT - you are still 15 years old, your parents take care of you, put a roof over your head, and pay an exorbitant amount of money to your dentist and orthodontist (seriously - wait until you have kids and you see how much money is coming out of your paycheck every week to pay for their braces!) - and if your parents don't want you to smoke, you should really respect their wishes.

Yes, it's your body, and you can treat it however you want, BUT - while your parents are still taking care of you, you really, really ought to respect them. My mom let my brother and I start smoking at 15 and 17, but that was just my house, and she smoked too.

Your dentist may or may not tell your parents, to answer your question. I don't think he is legaly responsible to tell your parents, but I don't know that he won't tell them out of a moral sense or responsibility.

John S
Only if your parents have absolutely no sense of smell. Otherwise they already know.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy