Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Flossing...?
Does anyone actually floss everyday? I do but I think I'm in the minority....

Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

Can I die from Vicodin?

White teeth?
I need to get white teeth fast for a modeling photoshoot and I am wondering how can I get white teeth fast without white strips. I also brush my teeth everyday but it doesnt ...

Tooth pain after a root canal?
I got a root canal on my tooth I never got a cap but on it ... three years ago I got the root canal a year after the root canal i started to feel some pain in the tooth , I told my dentist he said ...

Bad Breath?
I have had bad breath all my life. i brush my teeth twice a day for 4 minutes and i floss twice a day too. and i still have bad breath. i have found no solution, can someone tell me if u had this ...

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

How does oral surgery for impacted tooth feel?

Is it sore when they take your braces off your teeth?
Im getting mine off on the 18th. Will it be sore?...

I'm 15 and I only just lost my last baby tooth. shall I see my orthodontist?
I quite literally just lost my last baby tooth at the age of 15.9 yrs. I read that the average age for losing the last baby tooth is 11.5 yrs. I asked my mom, and she says the tooth looks sort of ...

How old are you when you lose your first tooth?
I have a 5 year old daughter who has a loose tooth in the front. Isn't it too early for her to be losing her baby teeth?...

Your No1
(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. What can i do, if i go to a orthadendist i will have to pay wont i?

Im 16 living in England
Additional Details
I have a tooth that is next to the 2 fornt tooth which is slowly moving forward and im horrified with the fact it could move my 2 front tooth which are perfect:(:(:(:(

XxClarexX
Rating
I would wait, because you have got an appointment, it might cost a lot to go to a orthadendist.

Steve C
Rating
I gues your dentist is a NHS dentist.

If you go to a private dentist you will get an appointment quicker but you will have to pay a lot more money for your treatment.

AZRAEL Ψ
Rating
16 if not working there is an element of free treatment...

What i would do is go to a dental college... the students will be more than willing to take a look... apparently there are some fantastic dental technicians in training, and not enough teeth to go around!

'Dr Greene'
Rating
Most Dentists will move you up if you say it's causing you pain.

Give it a go.

Learn from this though. Don't rely on NHS treatment and get private insurance as soon as you can afford it.

My mum can't get NHS treatment so I pay for her to go private. She woke up with toothpain last week and she rang her dentist and got an appointment within an hour, got two prescriptions and went back for the treatment a week later. Because it was caught early it saved the tooth. Total cost £72 (+ £14 for the antibiotics)

Don't waste your money on SKY TV etc, get private medical!

munchie
your on nhs yes keep ringing up to see if there is a cancellation best to try 2 to 4

greengunge
if you want to go to a private dentist you will have to pay, if you want to go to a NHS dentist, you will have to wait, i`m afraid.

JTB
sorry I cant help

Power_Of_Zen
Rating
It'll feel longer away if you keep thinking about it.
I had a lot of tartar on the back of my otherwise healthy teeth so hunted around for an NHS dentist to join since my last one had retired. I was lucky enough to find one which was due to take on more patient's in 3 months time. Then after I had joined I had to wait another 2 months for my appointment to come around.
I did the worst thing and started reading websites about how bad tartar is and how it leads to cavities, and how you must get it removed as the enamel is dissolving away underneath with acid, and how prevention is so much cheaper & painless than treatment. Five months then seemed like eternity! It only took them 5mins to de-scale them.

Gypsie
Won't move that fast but if your very worried go to the dental hospital. you get it free if your not employed.

red**
Rating
ive lived in the uk all my life and i cant even get an appointment with a nhs dentist my advice is go private it will cost you but in the end perfect teeth.it will be worth the money.

thepilot79
Don't worry about your teeth. Soft food like mushed up bananas tatse really good.

paul_9_25
,,,,,,its a shame innit.....but this is the system that is dictated by the NHS, that the Dentist has to work to. It is highly unlikely that an Orthodontist will see you without a referral from your Dentist (Again this is the system) but like all businesses they will see you if you are prepared to pay for private treatment.....but hang on a bit.....this cannot have happened to you overnight can it!!!! this would have been showing itself as a problem for some time prior to you posting this Q.....so why the rush just now? afterall you've had this problem for some time...teeth dont just go astray like that. Its highly unlikely that your condition will worsen in the next few months...and if it does it will only be by a millimetre....if that.,,,,which can soon be corrected by having a brace fitted.......its not the end of the world, take the appointment, maintain your oral hygiene programme and it'll work out for you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy