Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

How does oral surgery for impacted tooth feel?

Is it sore when they take your braces off your teeth?
Im getting mine off on the 18th. Will it be sore?...

I'm 15 and I only just lost my last baby tooth. shall I see my orthodontist?
I quite literally just lost my last baby tooth at the age of 15.9 yrs. I read that the average age for losing the last baby tooth is 11.5 yrs. I asked my mom, and she says the tooth looks sort of ...

How old are you when you lose your first tooth?
I have a 5 year old daughter who has a loose tooth in the front. Isn't it too early for her to be losing her baby teeth?...

Wisdom teeth extraction. Is it necessary?
So I went to the dentist and he said my 4 wisdom teeth are candidates for extraction. He showed me the x ray and one is coming in facing the wrong direction, so I know that one has to come out, but ...

Do you brush your teeth before bed??
i brush 2 - 3 times a day.... once after i wake up, once after breakfast or lunch, and once after dinner..... i want to go to sleep with a minty fresh mouth but if i brush after dinner all that ...

How do you know if you have bad breath?
everone reassures me i dont but i know i do i feel it somedays it bas but if i brush really good and like 8 times then itll be okay will i ever live a normal ...

What is the purpose of wisdom teeth?
What I don't understand about wisdom teeth is why do we get them? They don't start erupting until we're in out twenties (sometimes later for some people), yet from an evolutionary ...

Do braces hurt?
I have to HATE pain, please tell me if i it does ...

How do i relive pain from spacers in teeth?
These things hurt like a mother is there anyway to make them not hurt so bad without ...

Toothache making me nauseous?
I have a slight toothache - not horrible - but I feel extremely nauseous. I have an app't tomorrow to see the dentist - but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to get me through the ...

Bad breath?
some questions about bad breath:

how can you check your breath? because i breathe in my hand but can't smell anything but my mom tells me my breath stinks.

sometimes i get ...

Rotten?Broken Tooth?
I was eating some chicken tonight when part of my upper right tooth the one by my molar broke off! I had been having a bad smell in my mouth for a few days! Anyway it doesnt hurt-however it still has ...

What are the white blotches I usually have on my teeth? And how do I get rid of them?
I usually have these white blotches on my teeth. Usually on the front teeth. They aren't always there, and some days they are more extreme than others. I've noticed that it sometimes ...

How to cure bad breath?
my boyfriend has bad breath most of the time no matter how much water he drink. he also brushes regularly and uses mouth gargle. what might be the cause?...

Can I mouthwash with whiskey, vodka, beer, etc?

Ben B
Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

maxmoves
Rating
none of them do and with speed this is the biggest misconception. what rots them is the sugar that is put inside it and the act of grinding whilst on a buzz.

spike
Rating
the lot

p.xx
Rating
amphetimine. grinding of teeth isnt good#

Mystique
All of them.
Including Alcohol, Marijuana, Cocaine and Crystal Meth especially.

answer gal
Rating
Meth Mouth is a known problem...

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services more than 12 million people age 12 and older reported that they had used methamphetamine at least once in their lifetime. Meth causes a large number of health problems for users of the drug but one of the most visual signs takes place in the mouth.

According to the November issue of AGD Impact, the newsmagazine for the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), more general dentists are spotting drug use during dental care.

Meth has recently been identified as one of the most destructive substances to affect oral health in recent years. Dentists attribute the rampant decay of “meth mouth” to a lack of a user’s concern about oral hygiene combined with drug-induced dry mouth, teeth grinding and a craving for carbohydrates and sweets.

Patients face a variety of problems attributed to meth use. “Users will have gray-stained plaque buildup on their teeth and a large number of cracks on the teeth,” says Charles Tatlock, DDS. “These patients also have a large number of cavities. The tooth decay is rapid and after a year of use, dentures are the only option for many patients.”

Another reason for the rapid decay of teeth is the caustic nature of the ingredients used to make meth. Ether benzene, Freon and paint thinner are just a few of the extremely dangerous materials to be used in creating meth. The drug is manufactured mainly in home labs in rural areas of the country. The drug used to be a rural problem but has been spreading to urban areas in recent years.

In addition to the dangers presented by using meth alone, the drug can negatively interact with dental drugs. For that reason, dentists should be cautious when administering local anesthetics, sedatives, general anesthesia, or nitrous oxide, or when prescribing narcotics, according to the ADA.

Eric Curtis, DDS, MAGD, AGD spokesperson says that dentists are warned to watch out for cocaine use because of the damage it can do when it interacts with local anesthetics. “Meth has the same risk,” says Dr. Curtis. “If somebody is self medicating with meth and they have taken meth in the last 24 hours they are at risk for a serious problem.”

For many dentists, the only time they encounter meth users are after the damage to the mouth is done and the recovered user is looking for treatment. The majority of the time, the only choice is to extract the teeth however, if a patient presents themselves early enough, there is always a better chance of restoring the teeth.

Additionally, chewing tobacco causes horrible mouth problems.

theobromo77
Coke and heroin. Pot will stain them.

:)
Rating
crack

stomper591
i dont know about drugs but powerade hurts them!!

crazy lady
Methamphetamines for#1

badmoodynurse
all of them

spud
Rating
All drugs F### you up in the end, dont bother about your teeth think about your brain cells.

gruffle
Rating
chewing bum!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy