Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Is a deep hole normal that traps food after wisdom tooth extraction?

Flossing...?
Does anyone actually floss everyday? I do but I think I'm in the minority....

Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

Can I die from Vicodin?

White teeth?
I need to get white teeth fast for a modeling photoshoot and I am wondering how can I get white teeth fast without white strips. I also brush my teeth everyday but it doesnt ...

Tooth pain after a root canal?
I got a root canal on my tooth I never got a cap but on it ... three years ago I got the root canal a year after the root canal i started to feel some pain in the tooth , I told my dentist he said ...

Bad Breath?
I have had bad breath all my life. i brush my teeth twice a day for 4 minutes and i floss twice a day too. and i still have bad breath. i have found no solution, can someone tell me if u had this ...

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

How does oral surgery for impacted tooth feel?

Is it sore when they take your braces off your teeth?
Im getting mine off on the 18th. Will it be sore?...

I'm 15 and I only just lost my last baby tooth. shall I see my orthodontist?
I quite literally just lost my last baby tooth at the age of 15.9 yrs. I read that the average age for losing the last baby tooth is 11.5 yrs. I asked my mom, and she says the tooth looks sort of ...

bluegreen41
How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery...

mommy2savannah51405
Rating
much better then normal..

take about 2 weeks to fully dissolve

Dr. T
Rating
Resorbable sutures are not necessarily better than non resorbable ones. The main purpose of sutures is to approximate the tissue ends hence allowing them to heal. That is, the body does the healing, the sutures just allows them to do that.

However non resorbably sutures such as black silk can be worse in that the way they are made may potentially introduce bacteria into the wound (provided that the patient is not doing his/her job of cleaning the wound area)

Different type of suture is suited for different situations so resorbable sutures aren't necessarily better.

Dissolving times for
Vicryl (synthetic resorbably sutures), takes about 21 days to fully dissolve.

Cat-Gut (plain or chromic), takes significantly shorter time at 1 week.

G. M.
5-7 dyas

nikikay1126
5-7 days

hatingmsn
they are better than normal stitches and they desolve after a few days..mine did

smile5844
5-10 days typically. If your DDS said to come back in a week to check the healing--DO IT please. But those stitches will do their own thing. Be patient.

elvizpressley
I ahd some and the dentist told me that they wouldnt last more than 7 days and they didnt. 5-6 days tops.

LARCO
up to 14 days and they are better

sgtj01
Rating
it depends on the person, they'll be out within a week for sure, let them disolve on thier own, & try not too mess with them too much.

sizzlingl
Rating
It takes about a week.

Chelsea M
Yes. I had 8 teeth pulled at the same time and they dissolve at their own pace. Some of mine dissolved in a week, others took 4 days. They are MUCH better than regular stitches in my opinion. Hope this helped out! :-)

Nebula D
I'm a dentist.

3-0 chromic gut or 4-0 chromic gut is likely what was placed in your mouth. It's what I use, and it's what I've always seen used.

It typically takes at minimum one week for the suture to dissolve, i.e. be resorbed by the body. If the suture knot was tied improperly or if the suture was placed in the floor of your mouth where it would be submerged in saliva, you'll likely find that suture has come undone and is now missing (you've swallowed it).

One week is just a minimum. Sometimes I see the suture there for two weeks even, but rarely.

There are other materials used in the mouth, however. Sometimes I will use Vicryl, which is intended to last longer. These I will typically see for two weeks, minimum.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy