Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

How sore is your mouth after you get braces?

Brown teeth ---> how to make them white without going to dentist?
I just can't afford it right now.
I brush my teeth everyday once a day.. but it doesn't help....

How does oral surgery for impacted tooth feel?

Is it sore when they take your braces off your teeth?
Im getting mine off on the 18th. Will it be sore?...

I'm 15 and I only just lost my last baby tooth. shall I see my orthodontist?
I quite literally just lost my last baby tooth at the age of 15.9 yrs. I read that the average age for losing the last baby tooth is 11.5 yrs. I asked my mom, and she says the tooth looks sort of ...

How old are you when you lose your first tooth?
I have a 5 year old daughter who has a loose tooth in the front. Isn't it too early for her to be losing her baby teeth?...

Wisdom teeth extraction. Is it necessary?
So I went to the dentist and he said my 4 wisdom teeth are candidates for extraction. He showed me the x ray and one is coming in facing the wrong direction, so I know that one has to come out, but ...

Do you brush your teeth before bed??
i brush 2 - 3 times a day.... once after i wake up, once after breakfast or lunch, and once after dinner..... i want to go to sleep with a minty fresh mouth but if i brush after dinner all that ...

How do you know if you have bad breath?
everone reassures me i dont but i know i do i feel it somedays it bas but if i brush really good and like 8 times then itll be okay will i ever live a normal ...

What is the purpose of wisdom teeth?
What I don't understand about wisdom teeth is why do we get them? They don't start erupting until we're in out twenties (sometimes later for some people), yet from an evolutionary ...

Do braces hurt?
I have to HATE pain, please tell me if i it does ...

How do i relive pain from spacers in teeth?
These things hurt like a mother is there anyway to make them not hurt so bad without ...

krstybrghtlght2001
What are the disadvantages of being a Dental Assistant?
Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't become a Dental Assistant. Could someone tell me what's so bad about it.

g g
Rating
getting f#cked by the dentist

AlaskaMusher
Rating
being elbow deep in the mouth of a crackhead whose mouth looks like he garggled acid and smells like something died. Plus you won't make any money while the dentist hauls down six figures.

People's mouth, need I say more? It's almost as bad as being a proctologist assistant.

SCH
Rating
Well, smelling peoples breath all day and having to see what they had for lunch every day would seem to be drawbacks of the profession!

Dave
Well, I couldn't spend my day looking into other peoples mouths, but I'm glad some people can or else there would be nobody to fix our teeth when problems arise.
If you are into it then go for it!

champion123
A dental assistant does most of the work and the dentist gets most of the money. If you like that field go all the way and be a dentist.

ryleah2005
you should do it if you feel you want to, i think putting your hands in someones mouth would be really gross

justmmez
Rating
If you really want to help people, you should do it. You work very hard and you get little recognition for it. The Dr. usually will not appreciate you as maybe you might expect. Not all Dr's are like that but most are. You might want to get your RDA after you become a dental assistant, they get better pay for the same duties and extra duties. Just think about it and if you really want to be a dental assistant than do it. You are the one that has to be happy at your job. I was a dental assistant and then an RDA, now I do the dental insurance billing for my office and I'm very happy with what I do. I like dentistry and I stayed in this profession. Good Luck.

artgal1285
I worked in the dental field for 16 yrs. There is no reason not to become a dental assistant unless you are not suited to the job. It pays well and you meet a lot of nice people. Maybe you are being steered clear because they feel the demands of the job don't fit your temperament, personality or work habits. So here's what you need. 1. Absolute reliability - always on time or early, pays more attention to tasks than to socializing with the staff. 2. Attention to detail. It's a very technical vocation that requires continuing education throughout your career. 3. Even temper and constant good humor. One of your main jobs is to keep the atmosphere in the operatory low stress and pleasant for the patient and the doc. 4. Caring nature.

So if you feel this is you, go for it. Good luck

lane
Rating
My mom has done it for almost 20 years. For her it was a great career. She now does front office as well. But its ALOT of standing and bending over. Also you must be ready when the doctor is ready and do things the way he/she wants.
If you get in with a good doctor he/she should treat you right. The pay isnt great but a good doctor will give you plenty of bonuses as well as time off/vacations. Alot of Doctors will even do mini getaways with the office...like a vegas weekend or disneyland stuff like that. You can also work up and someday be a office manager. Its worked well for my mom. Give it a try if you like the feild maybe you can go back to school to be a hygentist? Good luck to you and your career :)

*-kC-*
Why wouldnt you want to become a dental assistant?? I am, i was trained on the job i am 20 years old and have been doing it for 2 and a half years and i love it. You dont smell peoples breath all day you wear a mask, and you dont put your bare hands in someones mouth you have gloves. Its so very intersting, and its great pay as well. If you like to be busy this is the job for you, you will always be busy. Plus its a field thats growing like crazy. YOU WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT A JOB!! I love it, and could never see my self doing anything else...ever!!

butchkie@rogers.com
Rating
If you are kind and understanding, with an amazing personality and your not judgemental. Then being a Dental assistant, has enormous amount of advantages. Fallow your heart, and proceed with your goal. It's your life, not anyone Else's. Unfortunately, you know only negative people in your life. So, be a leader and get out there and do what your heart desires!

Good luck, you can do anything. But not everything will keep you happy, so make your own choice, most important what makes you happy!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy