Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Can I mouthwash with whiskey, vodka, beer, etc?

Dental technicians. Is that a job mainly for a man?!?
Im quite interested in working in the dentistry buisness :) Theres a course at college for dental technicians, (im a girl) i guess it doesnt really matter, but i was just wondering could anybody give ...

Brace pain!!!!?
I got braces yesterday on the top and bottom. My top hurt but not that much compared to the bottom. They are killing me and its my birthday tomorrow and I don't want it to be ruined because of ...

RIGHT AFTER you get braces , can you talk normally ?

My friend has a bad breathe problem what should I tell her to do besides brush?

How do I get rid off the white stuff (Oral Thrush) on my tongue permanently?
How do I get rid off the white stuff (Oral Thrush) on my tongue permanently? Ok I am sick of brushing it off every other day,from all the brushing my tongue bleeds sometimes. Is there a way to remove ...

Wisdom teeth?
Do you feel really pathetic when their growing? I can't seem to shake off a cold, my throat always hurts, my ears are blocked and I wonder if its all ...

My partner keeps grinding her teeth when watching TV or when she's relaxed. Why do people do this?

Im getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. my dentist is doing it and im going to be awake. does it hurt?
has anyone ever been awake and had their dentist removed their wisdom teeth. tell me your experience. did it hurt?...

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for only $500?
my papa give me only five hundred american dollars to buy myself a good toothbrush. please help me find a good one. thank you so much....

What causes your gum line to recede, and what can be done about it.?

My breath smells like shet what should i do?

What is the best type of toothpaste?

Are my teeth rotten?
So i have a few questions...
In the middle of my front two teeth there are blackstuff, not on my gums but on the actual tooth.
I've had it for a while never bothering to go to the ...

Is it normal for your gums so slight bleed when your flossing
because maybe you pressed down to hard?
Additional Details
is it normal for your gums to slightly bleed when your flossing?***...

Im still scared. tommorow mornings the big day....'wisdoom' teeth?
hi guys

tommorow morning at 7;45 sydney time im scheduled to go under the knife to remove 4 wisdom teeth...

im still so scarred. ....like what if and what if ...you know...like ...

Does a tooth cleaning require anesthesia?

Have you ever had a cavity?

I just had 3 of my teeth taken out 2 hours ago,what am i aloud to eat because im realy hungry?
I'm really hungry because i didn't eat since like 7 hours ago. I had 3 of my molars extracted on 3 different sides and the only side with my mollar still there is the lower right side.What ...

How much does it cost to have wisdom teeth removed without insurance?

asalston84
Wisdom teeth extraction. Is it necessary?
So I went to the dentist and he said my 4 wisdom teeth are candidates for extraction. He showed me the x ray and one is coming in facing the wrong direction, so I know that one has to come out, but the other three are barely visible. I don't like pain, so I was just wondering if it was neccessary to extract the teeth? Maybe they can just cut the gums off the top of the teeth? Also, should I take the whole day off of work and will they give me
anesthesia and/or painkillers?
Additional Details
The one that's coming in wrong has to be taken out by an oral surgeon, not my regular dentist. Maybe I should schedule both surgeries on the same day?

trying <3
Rating
What your dentist tells you to do you should do! :) Plain and simple. He knows how teeth work more than you do and if he says you need to get all four out, then you need to get all four out! :) You might not like pain, but if you leave them in when you shouldn't, they will probably just give you more problems. The earlier the better, I think. :) I am about to go get all of mine out in a little over 2 hours, and I have no idea how much it is going to hurt because everyone reacts differently, but my oral surgeon has given me strong prescriptions for the pain and to prevent infection, and I'm sure your doctor will do something similar! My doctor is going to give me IV, but he gave me a choice of about 5 different things. But they're not going to let you sit there with no numbing or anesthesia and be in incredible pain from pulling teeth! Don't worry! Almost everyone has this done and most will understand what you're going through. All the best!

mairzeedotes43
Rating
I had 3 removed at one time only because one was already out. I got IV sedation, never felt a thing. I took no pain killer. I didn't need it, but came home and ate 3 soft boiled eggs.
None were impacted. Go to an oral surgeon.

fed up
Rating
First off...sorry. Extraction isn't always nec. depends greatly if there is enough room within the jaw line for the teeth to grow in, without disturbing or moving the other teeth in the mouth.

Seeing as your dentist has already elected you as a canidate...(sorry again). By all means...do all 4 at once if possible. DEF. take the day off work. Beg your dentist for some real good drugs. Depending on difficulty of removal, you'll either be ok in a day or 2 or have up to a solid week of full blown chipmunk cheek syndrome.

Not the end of the world though. After I had all of mine out without drugs, I went to city hall to get a marriage license. Many years later and now divorced and wisdom tooth free....I look back upon that day and wonder which act was the most painful.

(It was the license!) You're going to be ok sweetie! :)

Tna0Hollister ARITZIA>......:
Ouch it sounds painfull Please be safe and trust your dentist

Faisal
Rating
you are always welcome honey , and thanks for MY two points..
and ewwww i hate dentists i really do . . ..

Dani
Rating
I had all four taken out at the same time by an oral surgeon. The surgeon made certain I couldn't feel a thing, and I didn't, and when I went home there was some swelling for a couple of days. But the oral surgeon had given me a prescription for pain... and yours will,too. So, it's no big deal, just an inconvenience. BUT... if you don't have them taken out, they could become impacted, and that HURTS. You could wind up in an emergency room, and that is a nightmare. So, listen to your dentist's advice. Go and get it over with. Take the whole day off. Don't drive yourself. Have someone take you and pick you up, because you'll be groggy.

jenn87
Rating
Yes it is neccessary to get them out. The longer you put it off the worst it will be later in that they will start to bother the gum making them tender and eventually will get infected. Thats what happened to me! I was scared to get the oral surgery done. I waited till they got infected and had to call my dentist. She called the phaarmacy and I got an antibiotic right away. I knew then that I couldnt put it off any longer. I made an appointment with the oral surgeon and went. I wish I had donre it sooner because I was scared for nothing! It was way better then going to the dentist for me. They put me under a "twilight state" So I was pretty much sleeping. When I woke up it was done! I couldnt believe it. They told me to put a bag of frozen peas on the side that they pulled it out so that it would prevent swelling and I did...no swelling. They gave me a bottle of vicodin for pain but I never needed it. I would do it again right away if I had a wisdom tooth that needed removal. It is not bad

transitangst
Take them out! Mine were growing in correctly, but I had no room in my mouth for them. The dentist said that if I didn't take them out, they'd push my other teeth out of the way. And I've never needed braces or any oral surgery before so I wasn't about to ruin my smile!
They gave me Vicodin afterwards. I was loony, but in no pain at all. Take at least three days off.

?
Wisdom teeth will push your other teeth forward and cause them to get crooked. Wisdom teeth coming in cause pain for several months. Removing them only hurts for a couple of days.

Elizabeth
Rating
wisdom teeth are really a thing of the past- teeth that we don't need anymore, so when they do come in they start to crowd the teeth that we do need- If you don't get the teeth pulled, they can end up moving the teeth in your jaw and causing problems for you down the line.
You should take a day off- the procedure isn't that painful but you will be given painkillers. have someone come with you so they can drive you home.

bmac
Get them all out at once...yes. YES, take the whole day off and possible the next day too. Tell them you want IV anesthesia. That way you will be out for the whole thing. You'll have to take painkillers for a couple of days. But it will be all over with. I had all of mine out at once years ago. I have a friend who has had hers out one at a time and she regrets it--said she should have done it all at once.

nighttrain551
Rating
I would probably recommend getting them removed. You could wait but you set yourself up for future problems. If they are erupted they are hard to keep clean and often decay. If they are impacted (in the bone) they can cause pain, develop cysts, amoung other things. Despite what all the other people have said though, wisdom teeth do not cause crowding. It's a common mistake. But if you think about it, one tooth moving a whole quadrant of teeth...just doesn't happen...ask your orthodontist. Location can cause problems though....wisdom teeth can serve as food traps if partially erupted causing decay for both it and the tooth in front of it. One more thing...the longer you wait the more risk involved (the roots get bigger and can get closer and closer to a nerve that runs near to the roots of the lower wisdom teeth.
As for taking off work...I would reccomend it...Anesthesia? If you can afford it...get it. I don't know any dentists whop won't give you some type of pain medicine for wisdom tooth extraction. If it is a narcotic...plan on resting!
Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.224
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy