THINK I HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM?

most nights i cant sleep, for 2 months now i have only had about 4 hours sleep per night. i am addicted to weed but have been smoking it on and off for the last 2 months as i lost my job (not from dru...

most nights i cant sleep, for 2 months now i have only had about 4 hours sleep per night. i am addicted to weed but have been smoking it on and off for the last 2 months as i lost my job (not from drugs). i am really finding it hard to get work and my relationship is going from bad to worse. i keep having nightmares about killing myself or being killed. i have also tried to kill myself about 10 times from overdose now and tonight i am thinking about hanging myself, i really dont want to have these thoughts anymore what can i do to stop this im getting really scared about what i might do next

Mummbles
Rating
first roll yourself a big fatty and smoke the damn thing. if you smoke regularly a lot and then stop completely you can sometimes get depressed. also with the sleep make sure you are not drinking caffeine like sodas or coffee anywhere in the day for a while. I would look into seeing a therapist or calling a 1800 help line (see below). try to figure out what the dreams are trying to tell you. your brain is trying to tell you something. look up things you remember in the dream dictionary (see below)

a lot of times when i have bad dreams its either I have met someone who will not be good for my life or I'm having some major life changes like moving or getting a new job.

try going for a walk daily. this will help alleviate your mood some. good luck

natasha n
you should be sectioned

cassie1644
Rating
Please don't kill yourself, there are people who love you and will miss you dearly. Try calling the Samaritans, they are really good and will help you get things off your mind, even just talking to someone and hearing their voice can help. Good luck.

mok
go to a shrink
a cricle to stop the addiction
and try your relationship fixing skills
hope everything is k with u

raging_stalin
Rating
It's depression. You'll need to get help. Even if things turned all perfect in your life, you'll still be depressed. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. Only medication, therapy, and the key thing to all this "time" will get you back to normal. It takes a long time but you'll come around with help.

Xtreme1995
1st stop smoking weed!!!!!! find something else than weed flush all the drugs!!!!!!!!!! find a hobby

see a shrink!

Nicholas L
Go to a counselor and drop the dope. You do not have a mental problem you have a DRUG problem. Get help man!!! For your own good.

j
Rating
http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Alan S
you should check into a hospital and get some help. since there is nothing physically addictive about marijuana I can only assume that you have an additive personality and a sincere attempt at counseling and availing yourself to medical help may be a lot of work but it will give you a shot at a more normal life in the end. good luck and don't wait.

yoohoo
You need a job. There are lots of feelings & emotions involved with being unproductive/not earning a living or living up to your potential that seep out in various ways such as insomnia, impatience, lashing out, sudden anger or emotions that are inordinately strong or a lack thereof where ther used to be emotion. You'll feel better & rest better when you've put in a full day's work & are back on track w/ your life.

Smoking a little weed's prolly fine as long as it's "on & off" & not daily. Please don't do anything stupid because everything always blows over & things get brighter again.

son-shine
Hey Ian, please don't do suicide. It's the "weed talking". It is NOT your real self who wants to do that. Please understand that.

Now, I want you to call a free toll free number just to talk to someone. It won't hurt to talk to someone will it? That is what you need right now more than anything.

The English speaking number for Suicide prevention talk line
is free to call all over the USA.
Dial 1-800-273-8255.

Spanish speaking Suicide prevention talk line is
free to call all over the USA
1-888-628-9454

For US Veterans Suicide prevention talk line the number is
1-800-273-8255 and press "1" for Veterans of Military only
free to call all over the USA

Ian, people care about you. I care. I want you to live. God cares. Please call and talk to someone who can help you go through your feelings. okay? (((hugs Ian)))

nobody...
Rating
ok yo dude, i know its hard. iv gone through everything exept the weed thing and you realy have to do something about your problems go to a consler seriosly.

Brianna
Rating
You should really find a therapist or someone close that you can trust to talk to

Becsta
Lack of sleep can cause feelings of depression, and makes it hard to function in everyday life. However in saying that, if you are having trouble sleeping and feeling bad, AND you are smoking, maybe you should try not smoking and see if it helps. Sometimes MJ can cause mental problems (I had a friend who had drug induced schizophrenia from MJ). You should really see a doctor to talk to them. Maybe you need antidepressants. There are a wide range of them on the market, and maybe one will make you feel better. Also try this website www.beyondblue.com.au

Cosmic Girl
please do not do any thing daft the father of my son hung himself about 6 years ago (he used to smoke the weed) my son is now 9 and it still causes him pain now and again, I had a break down my self a couple of years after because of the suicide, We had problems in our relationship so we had split up at the time he killed himself but I still miss my sons father now and again and wish he had not killed him self even though he was hard to handle at times as he was schizophrenic and he suffered bouts of depression and suicidal thoughts.

yes he did have a mental illness. he used to hear voices and get really scared I think the weed used to make it worse.

I've been stuck in a flat fire made homeless my own parents have passed on and and because of all my loss I don't really have any friends to help me as I think i pushed them all away after all I went through.

but any way what I would like to say time heals I am now content and quite happy. Life can be hard at times stop feeling sorry for your self and pick your self up and get on with living that's what your supposed to do as depression wont be there for ever it will go. it's just a pain while it is there but i promise just sit and wait it out you will be glad you did

please get some professional help of doctor too, I really don't believe suicide is the answer I know people who have nearly done it an only when they have had a very close call with death they seem to wake up and realize life is not so bad and in the long run these people end up so happy they did not do it and end up really appreciating there life.

Try to be positive about everything in life try to see to good and not the bad. there is a lot of good in life if you just open your eyes it is there honest.

so please don't hurt yourself cause people care more than you will ever know. it's just people sometimes don't realize how they feel until it's too late. and others are just very good at hiding there feeling's as they are afraid of looking week or vulnerable.

here is a good web site too if your afraid of looking for professional help you can be your own therapist,

http://www.psychologyhelp.com/book.htm

I wish you all the luck in the world xx

Alex p
OK.... liston to me!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE write down your problem i mean every thing what happend now write it about 3 times and read it over 5 times it will make you feel "thats what i did and i haft to deal with it (with out the stress)" so please try it!!! i do it all the time and it helps alot!

S B
Rating
sorry you feel so bad! but it is not surprising you feel so awful with the lack of sleep.drugs then are not all they seem,it is such a shame that you lost your job.that must have had a bad impact on how you are feeling (what with your lack of sleep too) it would be good for you to perhaps stop the weed and see you doctor.you could get yourself a hobby that involves you using energy in order that you could make yourself tired in the evening so you could sleep.once you do get sleep you would maybe then get things into perspective and then you might think of the things you should do for your self to make your life enjoyable and worth living again.i have had cancer twice now and i am worried about losing my life you should be thinking abouy ways to enjoy yours.good luck in the future and PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FUTURE.LIFE IS FOR LIVING AND THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT BECAUSE I AM SURE YOU ARE WORTH IT.

dummyfreshdoris
anxiety and insomnia. i got this from smoking weed

msreal
Rating
killing yourself is never the answer to ANY problem..

work things out with the relationship so you can have some support. talk to someone who you feel comfortable with. suicide is a sin [[if your religous]] im sure you have family and friends that love you and would NOT want to lose you no matter what!!

you just really need to sit down and think and talk to someone. go to couseling or something..

I really wish you the best and god bless..

dont do anything dumb because you will hurt alot of people.

Hi
See a counselor. In the meantime phone up one of those free help-lines.

Diego AMG
same thing happened to me when i stopped drinking.
its the horrors buddy.
your getting back into reality.
you have to deal with it in your head.

scottythecomic
Rating
If you're serious, you could check into a free drug treatment center or a public mental health facility.

I went through this myself 20 years ago.

Things do get better after drugs. They cloud your thoughts.

I'd be a liar if I didn't say I had a lot of good times as well.

But the bad times weren't worth it.

Good luck.

Rose
this is really serious and you have to calm down!!! right now pick up the phone and call someone like a doctor or pychologist (try the phone book) or go somewhere like a local church today and you will get some help this world is filled with good people and i am posotive that some one will help!!!!! dont hurt yourself!!!

K to the B
Rating
YOU NEED HELP NOW! TELL A FRIEND/ FAMILY MEMBER RIGHT NOW. I MEAN RIGHT NOW! PICK UP THE PHONE! DIAL!

Swirly0000
calm down! i have the same problem... i cant sleep either due to depression, but it doesnt mean you need to kill yourself or take drugs for that matter! just go see a doctor and get some anti depressants and sleeping tablets! tell them everything, they cant help you if they dont know!

Eponine E
You really need to seek some profession help. Killing yourself is never the answer. Especially as unstable as you are feeling right now...pick up the phone, call a friend. Get out of your house, see a movie...bottom line is DO something.
I think that your drug use is a big part of your problem though. Talking to someone really can help.

xstaceyx20
Rating
You should phone the Samaritans or something just to have someone to talk to right now. You should realise the weed isn't doing you any good & is probably giving you the nightmares & giving you major comedowns so you need to go to your gp to get referred to someone who can help you with that & he might also give you anti depressants to help.

Stoo73
Assuming this is a serious question, try cutting your weed intake down. If you have to smoke it, try a weaker form of cannabis.

Cannabis makes you a wee bit paranoid, so you will have nightmares as a symtom of the paranoia.

Take a holiday and really chill out, without the weed.

DavidNH
Rating
Call a mental health or suicide prevention help line. They will be able to help you, and they have the professional resources to evaluate your situation. Please call.

Pertty!!!!
Rating
please dont kill yerself!!! you should just talk to a doctor because they will tell you what you should do. hang in there buddy!

Jason M
Rating
Try taking like 15 fish oil pills per day. just try it. I know it sounds crazy, but if you take it for like two weeks you will feel better..