Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

I'm plain and kind of ugly. Can I actually have boyfriends?
http://i225.photobucket. I just sat and cried for hours because it hits me how unattractive I am to men--both attractive and otherwise.
I'm ...

How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time....

OMG , Plz help me with this for gods sake ?? I am ruining myself?
I am a college student , age :18 , male , & a gay ; I have fell in crush with my professor ( He is around 26 ); But he is now moving to other state permanently & he may never meet us again ; I...

A vampire in the family?
our niece just spilled the beans to a cousin that she's a vampire. sneaks out at night to feed. has headaches from the voice in her head, that talks to her for hours at a time. got it from a ...

How can you tell if someone is addicted or using cocaine?
i have a feeling my bf is using it and im not sure i dont know how to tell. plz help
Additional Details
also i dont want to let him know that i think hes using it because ive heard that ...

Could I be Bi Polar?????????
My Aunt has been diagnosed with Bi Polar disease.
So I looked it up and I think I may have it.

I can be EXTREMELY HYPER to where I'll do ANYTHING.
I will do "crazy"...

Does drinking alcohol help anxiety sufferers?
Does it help calm you as my sister tells me, I dont drink cos I am scared it will affect my pill or make me feel dizzy etc???...

My dreams are freaking me out?
every time i have my period, i have a recurring dream, that my daughter is being kidnapped, i always find her, but then i have to watch her being abused, last night however i dreamt that my son had ...

I need help?
Its hard to explain everything but i will give u some details, i have derpression and some social promblems, and i am a full time carrer and i am finding it really hard to cope with everything most ...

Cant stop crying?
Im crying now as i type this... Im so upset i feel upset to the core! why is this...
Additional Details
I had cancer in 2005 im 22 now.. i hate the way i look... i hate most things . god ...

Deperssion?
Has anyone out there ever suffered from depression, and if so, How did you discover you were suffering from it and can it ever be defeated?
Additional Details
Thanx for all the ...

My neighbor never leaves the house, has no visitors, and doesn't know any of us after 12 years! What's wrong??
I've lived in a 3 flat building five years. My downstairs neighbor, whom no one really knows, has lived here 12 years. According to other neighbors, they rarely see her, she has no visitors, ...

What is wrong with my 7yr. old? Someone please help!?
2nd grade, in new school, can't stop talking, can't do work, falls off chairs, keeps getting in trouble, has to be the loudest kid, makes goofy noises, hyper, won't listen, dad not ...

How do I get over my mothers death?

Anger issue?
Ok, i have this anger issue. I get really made at every thing. I've tried anger management, but that really hasn't worked lately. Does any1 know how i can vent my anger....

What's the second sign of madness?

Self mutilation?
First of all, no bashing, no one here wants to read your close-minded ignorance, if you do post and bash, i WILL report you....and then....i might just eat you...0_o
~~~
Okay, heres the ...

What do you worry about?
And what do you not worry about that you see others stressing over?...

Why am i bulimic?
i'm bulimic and i don't no why. well i do its because i feel so fat but i feel bad becos i come from a great family. ive never been bullied etc. most eatin disorders seem to hav underlying ...

♥Special Red Girl™
Isn't it a disappointment to have a BA degree, ONLY to find out you can't use it & get a decent job?
Due to your mental disability? I feel like I wasted time & money. Now, I'm too mentally disabled to work. My mental illnesses are disabling, & I had a low undergrad GPA in Spanish-2.3, because of my inability to concentrate & focus. My OCD unwanted thoughts are so intrusive that I have to pause every 3 words when reading or talking. The psychiatric medication & the doctor are doing the best they can do. I can't function at ALL.

***& NO, I'm NOT making excuses or asking for a pity party! If you were in my shoes, you'd understand how much of a disabling struggle this is.

I feel bad to have to live on a shitty fixed income for the rest of my life.

Many things would cause me to get fired really quick. My Tourette's outbursts, inability to concentrate, anxiety attacks, & depression so severe I can't get out of bed. Employers would feel I'm not capable. I give up on trying so hard.

Raiden
Rating
yeah you need a masters degree now a days in this country ><

FELIKS D.
You don't HAVE to do anything. Just keep trying.

radstar67
Rating
SO!

What do you WANT to do?

Did you know that you were going to be quote...

"too mentally disabled to work." If so thanks for wasting time and money!

And if you are not "too mentally disabled to work." then get the f*** on with it!

Many things would "cause you to get fired"...... Be The Boss!

S**t - I can show signs of ALL the symptoms that you state - get over them....In the future - employ me and then fire me!

You managed a BA (& very well done!) - manage your future!

I sincerely wish you the best (e-mail me if you want to talk)

Kris L
Rating
So you have disabilities ... they may be 'disabling' but it's your ATTITUDE more than the actual disabilities that are keeping you on your 'fixed income for life.' What YOU NEED TO DO is 'fight' those disabilities ... you can get therapy for the OCD, and there are medications that can stop the Tourette's 'outbursts' ... you can VOLUNTEER at a place you'd like to have a real job, and you can DO SO WELL as a volunteer that they will WANT TO HIRE YOU even though you have 'disabilities' ... and I KNOW THIS because I have several different disabilities ... but I went to college, got my degrees, and was a practicing PSYCHOLOGIST ... I couldn't 'sit still' so I not only 'saw clients' but also was the city's chief 'suicide flyer' (mainly people wanting to jump from tall buildings or bridges and I AM AFRAID OF HEIGHTS AND OPEN SPACES) and hostage negotiator (I am claustrophobic) ... so what YOU need to do is TAKE YOUR LIFE INTO YOUR CONTROL ... don't let the doctors tell you that you CAN NOT ... use that to show them YOU CAN. I know it works ... I've done it, and I raised a 'barely trainable' foster child who now lives ON HER OWN and goes to a job EVERY DAY and is the BEST at what she does there ... she's a waitress, but she gets THE BEST TIPS and has the most repeat customers because she LEARNS WHO THEY ARE and she treats EVERYONE with respect. If WE can do that, SO CAN YOU!~

Jarod
I am so sorry you have a mental disablitliy but it's like you are only asking this question to get some attention. You're question is leading and doesn't apply to anything.

Again I am sorry for your mental disability but please don't come to us for sympathy because none of us personally know who you are and really can't help you at all.

Chey_17
That would be really hard, but I believe that there are other ways to make yourself happy, even though money is important its not everything, maybe you could do volunteer work and see how you do with other people or animals and its very rewarding, you'll meet alot of nice people and maybe people that have some of the struggles that you do. Maybe the reason why your unable to work is because your suppost to follow a different path in your life, I think everything happens for a reason. Try to stay positive.

AC
Rating
Work from home. Anyone can make money on the internet.

I'm sure with a BA you could brainstorm something unique.

stevepavlina.com changed my life. You should check it out.

Joey m
Rating
You're riddled with problems. I'm surprised that you managed to graduate from college at all! You need to find yourself a niche in the working world where you can excel and your disabilities don't hinder you.

I had a favorite taxi driver who had Tourqette's. He was extremely professional ... on time, pleasant, efficient. He owned his own cab. LOL, he made me laugh at his outbursts and he wasn't embarrassed. He had a lot of customers made good money ... owned a home, had a good life, wife and children.

Dave
Rating
I missed alot of high school due to mental illness - the school never listened to what doctors had to say and most of the time believed i was skiving

now its hard to get a job because of it - the school has put a black mark next to my name

actionmikeaction
Rating
Bet you had a good time at college though. ;)

CC
Well done to you for getting this far.
At the moment just concentrate on getting well.
Don't give up trying - you never know what new medication
is just around the corner.
You have so much to overcome, you are so brave.
Good Luck

ima_super_geek
Rating
You should get a government job. Hard to fire you at all, let alone for a medical condition. Not looking for something in military intelligence or anything, but perhaps something in social work. A Spanish language proficiency would come in handy in a lot of places these days. Like California, Florida and Texas, for example. Added benefit, good sun sometimes helps with depression. And vitamin D for that matter. Play to your strengths, don't dwell on your weaknesses. Good luck.

Chubbynuts
I am really sorry to hear that. A friend of mine is in the same situation: many disabilities and no way to find a decent job with decent income.
you should still apply for jobs and try your best to get into interviews. maybe some day you will find something that makes you happy. and then who cares about the amount of money you make as long as you can pay your bills.

Bouncybelle.
Could you get a job working from home?.Love Jo xx

Princess Leia
Yep, that sux!!! But, most of my friends who have BA degrees don't have jobs in what they studied. I actually make more than all of them... on just a high school diploma & on-the-job training.

That really sux about the mental disabilities you have... Maybe it's time to switch psychiatrists. A new medical opiion couldn't hurt. You have proven yourself already though, you had enough passion and self control to actually get the BA degree, even if you did do just "OK" in a few classes. That's not an easy feat.

I think what you really need to do is find a job that you really like.. One that really motivates you, even if it's only for minimum wage... even maybe a starting volunteer position... that way you can prove yourself and maybe move on up the ladder, which will be much easier with a job that you really love,... even if it has nothing to do with your BA degree. ...A job that would really motivate you to get up out of bed in the morning... someplace where you getto feel that they really can't live without you, even for a day or 2... That would give people a chance to really get to know you for your heart and desire to succeed, not the Tourette's outburts and the OCD.

blklacquer
did you put all of this in your resume? I don't think you should give up, there is something you can do, you sat and typed this question in detail, so I think you can function pretty good. Maybe you should find something that you love doing and turn that into your career if you can't find a job. anything, but never give up!

Thomas
Rating
You have my sympathy; I too had OCD when I was in college. Medication and therapy have worked wonders though, and I'm now free of it.

I can recommend a couple of books that may help you; they helped me considerably:

1) "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy Revised and Updated" by David Burns, MD. This book is excellent for treating depression.

2) "When Panic Attacks: The New, Drug-Free Anxiety Therapy That Can Change Your Life" also by David Burns, MD; this book is excellent for treating panic attacks.

Don't give up; keep on keeping on--life WILL improve.

G S
Yes it is, it is actually discrimination and it is probably impossible to get any assistance to defend your rights.

I can somewhat relate to your situation: I worked hard and suffered very much to get a Bachelors degree; now my degree is not recognized because at the time that I went to college it was not a requirement to provide a Social Security number (SSN) or get a school photo ID, now all transcripts are not listed unless a SSN is listed with the student, because of this I cannot receive transcripts or prove that I have a BA or even receive SSA benefits.

The government and corporate system is very corrupt.

I can suggest to try to do some type of online business of your own where your never have to speak to anyone or work for anyone else, and it would be great if you could find a way to do it without any government agency finding out so you could receive both profit and disability, I do not think it is immoral because disability benefits are not enough to survive on.

It is better to NOT work for some corrupt, greedy corporation where they stress you out all the time, so take this time and try to enjoy life, don't try so hard, it will only make you stress out and get worse.....get some exercise and sunshine often as possible, let your emotions and mind relax and have a chance to heal. Tourette, anxiety, depression are temporary and they will go away,

Life will get better for you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy