Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I get skinny?
I need to get skin but I dont know how to start since i live in apartments where they dont allow ridin things SO HOW CAN I LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A MONTH...

Help a fat girl?
im in desperate need of help im 27 15 stone and scared i wnt see my son grow up i need to do something but dnt know how. Pls no fat jokes or mickey taking im desperate pls help diet and ...

Does anybody else srtuggle to drink the 2 litres of water you need a day?
not including water in tea,coffee............

WOULD YOU RATHER BE BULIMIC OR ANOREXIC? PlEASE ANSWER!?
Would you rather be bulimic or anorexic?...

How tall are you?
How tall are you? Are you happy with that height or do you wish to be taller/shorter? And why?
Additional Details
By the way: I'm ...

In order to loose weight quickly which one is better?
swimming
jogging
walking
yoga
joining gym
or comibantion of any 2 or 3....

Is this ok??
i normally dont eat ANY junk food,
but today is my birthday and i had a cupcake with dinner.
is that ok?
will i gain weight from this?
And how many calories do you think was in a ...

Fat or skinny?

Do vegetables and fruits have calories?
if so where can i go to find out how many calories they ...

Do you think that being 5''5 in height and being 112 pounds is normal???

If youre in a hurry and you want to get something healthy....?
What fast food place do you go to and what do you get? Like chicken,salads.........

I hard that smoking helps you to lose weight. Is that true?Will I lose weight if I start smoking?
I am eighteen and I would like to be thiner......

I just had a large plate of pasta and football practice in 45 minutes i need an answer a.s.a.p
I had a big plate of pasta with sauce and meatballs. We do heavy running, pushups and all sorts of excercises. Will i puke up my pasta? Does my body have enough time? Please answer
Additional D...

Does it really make your stomach flat if you wrap your stomach in plastic wrap and then go running???

I eat tuna sandwiches for breakfast instead of normal breakfast stuff would this hurt my diet?
Im on a diet but I read i should eat my biggest meal in the morning well i would normally eat my biggest meal at lunch ie the sandwiches but i swapped lunchs meal for breakfasts and now eat cereal at ...

I would really like to be skinny by next year?
Ahh! I cant take it! Being overweight is horrible! Isnt there anything that isnt hard and is easy to stick to, to lose weight?!...

Why do fat people go to McD's and order a couple big macs and then ask for a diet coke?I see this all the time
No offense to overweight ...

Do all girls have fat knees?
My knees have wierd fat on them and I am not overweight, but is there a way to get rid of it or do something about it?...

I don't eat very healthy, can you help me?
Here's my problem. I'm 13, and I don't eat what I should. I have breakfast, which is cereal, I don't each lunch much, and dinner I rarely eat it because I'm so picky. I hate ...

How many calories do you need to burn to loose body weight?

Mr Mayor!
How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

Rebecca C
Rating
2 litres a day, but htis technically includes unsweetened juice and milk as well; nothing carbonated or alcoholic. Water is best though

trouble_double
Rating
8 glasses.....

anna
2 liters or about 2 quarts per day. That sounds like a lot but if you consider 2 glasses with each meal, that's only 2-3 glasses in between meals.

camshy0078
Rating
2 to 3 litres a day , 8 glasses is the minimum recommendation.

Babe Dee
8 glasses of water a day.

jessica m
Rating
7 a glasses a day to be really healthy.

amythys
Rating
8 glasses a day i think the glass size is 8-10 ounces

Only Me
Rating
2 Lts per day .

lady_rider_hd
32 ounces a day.

christian jesus is god
8 glasses a day

rrasimas@sbcglobal.net
Rating
At least 8 ten ounce glasses daily. More if your physically active like playing sports, etc.

salsa
6 to 8 cups a day room temperature

Texas T
8 a day, but now they are saying all liquids count. though i still try to drink more water than other liquids.

ahmetcalf
Rating
8 - 8 ounces glasses per day. It may be eaier just to fill a liter container and drink that thoughout the day.

taketwo
Rating
8 pints a day

Kay
Rating
8-10 eight ounce glasses a day.

blueyes2001
Rating
a minimum of 8-10 glasses per day but more is better.

nads
Though no single formula fits everyone, knowing more about your body's need for fluids will help you estimate how much water to drink each day.

The average person needs to drink eight glasses of water per day to avoid being "chronically dehydrated." is an urban legend!

It all depends on your requirements.

casablanca1887
8 glasses but i only drink 1 a day. i don't drink soda

heleneaustin
apparently according to the experts 8 glasses per day

mcguin1977
Rating
Recommended 1.5 Litres per day

Contrary Mary
In hospitals we reccommend 2.5 - 3 litres. You should be equally careful not to drink excessively as too much upsets the balance of vital blood salts that are required for nerve conduction in all major organs.

The Banshee
Rating
AROUND SIX GLASSES A DAY IS RECOMMENDED, big GLASSES!

nora22000
Drink enough water to keep your urine a pale yellow in the toilet.

This usually requires about 3-4 ounces every two waking hours, or more if you're over 200 pounds.

Honey
Rating
This is a summary of the Mayo Clinic advice sheet:

"Water is your body's principal chemical component, comprising, on average, 60 percent of your weight. Every system in your body depends on water. Though no single formula fits everyone, knowing more about your body's need for fluids will help you estimate how much water to drink each day. Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.

The average urine output for adults is 1.5 litres a day. You lose close to an additional liter of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 litres of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace the lost fluids. The dietary recommendations are that men consume roughly 3.0 litres (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 litres (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day. If you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce between one and two litres of colourless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate.

The more you exercise, the more fluid you'll need to keep your body hydrated. An extra 1 or 2 cups of water for short bouts of exercise, but intense exercise lasting more than an hour requires additional fluid, 13 to 26 ounces (or about 2 to 3 cups) an hour will generally be adequate, unless the weather is exceptionally warm.

Hot or humid weather can make you sweat and requires additional intake of fluid. Heated indoor air also can cause your skin to lose moisture during wintertime. Further, altitudes greater than 2,500 meters (8,200 feet) may trigger increased urination and more rapid breathing, which use up more of your fluid reserves.

Signs of illnesses, such as fever, vomiting and diarrhoea, cause your body to lose additional fluids. In these cases you should drink more water and may even need oral rehydration solutions. Certain conditions, including bladder infections or urinary tract stones, also require increased water intake. On the other hand, certain conditions such as heart failure and some types of kidney, liver and adrenal diseases may impair excretion of water and even require that you limit your fluid intake

Women who are expecting or breast-feeding need additional fluids to stay hydrated. Large amounts of fluid are lost especially when nursing. The advice is that pregnant women drink 2.4 litres (about 10 cups) of fluids daily and women who breast-feed consume 3.0 litres (about 12.5 cups) of fluids a day.

Failing to take in more water than your body uses can lead to dehydration. Even mild dehydration — as little as a 1 percent to 2 percent loss of your body weight — can sap your energy and make you tired. Mild dehydration rarely results in complications — as long as the fluid is replaced quickly — but more-severe cases can be life-threatening, especially in the very young and the elderly. In extreme situations, fluids or electrolytes may need to be delivered intravenously".

ceecee
The experts say 6-8 glasses, but this does not include tea or coffee

Jean Pierre
2 litres per day.

KryBaby
Rating
Doctors for years have been saying that 64 oz (8 8oz glasses) of water per day. I recently heard that it actually depends on your body, and your body will tell you when u need water (being thirsty). So this doctor (I don't recall his name or the show he was on) said that let your body determine how much, because although water hydrates and cleanses the body of junk, too much can also cleanse the body of the nutrients you need.......

joecseko
Rating
Everyone is going to scream 8 8 ounce glasses.Well they're all quite wrong.There is no single set amount for any one individual.You just need to make sure that you get some fluids every few hours.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8gla...
Hundreds of other sources including the article I just read in the Journal of American Medical Association.
There is no absolute amount.Just stay well hydrated and remember caffeine containing beverages work against you because caffeine is a diuretic.Drinking the 8 8 ounce glasses a day has been shown to remove water soluble vitamins and electrolytes from your body.

Jenn
Apparently, you're supposed to drink 8 glasses a day but that's silly. I don't drink 8 glasses of ANYTHING in one day...

J

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy