Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why do fat people go to McD's and order a couple big macs and then ask for a diet coke?I see this all the time
No offense to overweight ...

Do all girls have fat knees?
My knees have wierd fat on them and I am not overweight, but is there a way to get rid of it or do something about it?...

I don't eat very healthy, can you help me?
Here's my problem. I'm 13, and I don't eat what I should. I have breakfast, which is cereal, I don't each lunch much, and dinner I rarely eat it because I'm so picky. I hate ...

How many calories do you need to burn to loose body weight?

Why am I dead tired at the same time every day?
I work 9 to 5 in an office. I have a beautiful office to my self with lots of light. Every day around 2 or 3 pm I get so tired I don't feel like I can keep my eyelids open. This lasts through ...

How can i loose some pounds??
im 21 years and I weight 191 and i need to know how can i loose some pounds easily to look my best in my first ...

I've got a big tummy. How to reduce it?
i'm a software engineer.Morning i have bread toast or corn flakes.Afternoon i've rice meals.for dinner i've rice meals and go to sleep.I've developed a big tummy.i hardly find ...

Are laxatives a good way to lose weight quickly?

I can't put on weight, although i eat 3 meals a day and extras, has anyone got any tricks?

Why are the Americans so fat?
Now more than half of Americans are obese

How can these people expect anyone to give them any respect when they clearly are lazy and have no self control?

The worst thing is ...

What is the quickest way to loose 74 pounds within 7 to 8 months?

Whats the best way to lose weight fast after becoming a mommy?
losing weight??...

Has anyone tried Adam & Eve diet?
Metabolic diet - balance blood sugar.
Additional Details
It nothing do with apples and not a FAD diet. It was recommend by natural ...

How do you lose weight w/o starving yourself???

What are the good and bad effects of anorexia?

Additional Details
Just adding this. And i disagree with yoo, i found loads of pro-ana sites. Thanks for the long lists, i have a ...

Starving Yourself for 8 Days?
If someone starved there self for 8 days, Only One fruit smoothie each day, how much weight would they loose??

Don't have a go at me because im not heading to do it. I would just ...

I love my Man, but at a slight mistake he gets really mad at me, what do i do 4 him to believé im not cheating

I go regularly now to 24 hour fitness gym, I need to lose about 200 pounds what exercies should i do?
mostly ive been walking the treadmill for half an hour and riding the stationary bike for 20 minutes and things like that. any hep or ideas or suggestions????...

I'm on a Diet right now, and I'm starving! What can I do to fight this urge to eat? (Already had my calories
.........for the day. It's 3am where I'm at. I work nights, that's why I'm still awake)...

How can i lift my breast without surgery?

pragati
In order to loose weight quickly which one is better?
swimming
jogging
walking
yoga
joining gym
or comibantion of any 2 or 3.

Shiryu
Rating
In summer time, swimming is the best way to attack your weight. Do some laps on the pool and practice breathing exercises. Take small breaks and keep your body moving. Of course jogging is the classical way but in this heat ( here at the west coast ) I'd recomend swimming, and jogging at least 3 times each week.

anamika
Rating
jog and join gym

erica r
gym and walking eating right

learning5on606
Rating
walking and swimming.

pawanbhalla27in
Rating
to loose weight and maintain proper weight one needs to walk and do yoga alongwith proper protein rich diet and vegetables and fruits and to maintain deficiency of vitamins and minerals one needs to also have supplements of vitamins and minerals. If you want to loose weight and maintain at certain level then you can contact at 09811122152

AANJANEYULU.G
Rating
running daily 5kilometers and avoid fast foods and sweets

meet g
Rating
check your weighet first and delete some of the your weight

csrmybiz
Hot yoga, Bikram is best, where they heat the room to about 106 - 110 degrees, is best, because you can lose about 600 calories in one session. By heating the room, it allows the muscles to heat up very quickly, but you have to be careful not to overdo it, otherwise, you'll hurt yourself.

You also detoxify your body this way. Your skin becomes very soft as a result. I haven't used moisturizer since I started doing it. It's great fun. No impact so it's not hard on your knees or back, joints. It also works out all your organs and systems, not to mention firming your muscles.

Bikram is not about meditation or chanting. It can actually be very challenging to see how far you can go every time, and you see progress the more you go.

Swimming in a public pool or gym is really gross. People don't shower off before they go in, and the chlorine they put in the pool is very toxic and harmful for you. Not only that, but your hair will turn green!

Walking is very, very good, but it needs to be at a fast pace and for at least 1 hour every day. You probably won't see the results very quickly, depending on how much weight you need to lose.

Jogging is very hard on your body because of the impact on the pavement (or treadmill is better, but not much). It also compacts your spinal column and may hurt your knees and hips.

Joining a gym is very good because of the no impact machines and free weights.

As far as the quickest way, that is not always best because the skin has a hard time shrinking back if you lose it too fast, and you will end up with sagging skin, which is almost impossible to get rid of.

Oh, and drink LOTS of water. Take half your weight and drink that many ounces a day. If you weigh 200 pounds, you'll need to drink 100 ounces. This also helps keep your body hydrated, which is essential for your ligaments and spinal column.

Good luck.

toodle
Rating
Higher intensity and length of exertion is the key, so any of the more active (swimming, jogging, fast walking ) will probably increase the weight loss. Combining more than one will assure you address more muscle groups, adding weight lifting increases muscle mass which burns more calories than fat.

benito863
self motivation.... and preffer joining gym... remember motivation dont let anyone hold u down

queen
Rating
jogging

Jenn
Rating
Swimming is a big one!
Swim 50-60 laps everyday for a week and you will really see a difference. I started getting chunky so my friend and I joined the swim team and in one month we lost ALL cellulite areas and gained alot of muscle.
Swimming uses almost every "major" muscle in your body.
Get your swim on!!!

blueeyedbaby41
swimming you can also get some weights to put on your ankles and wrists and get a really good workout.i did this for the swim time to tone up and firm up

Felix
jogging..

Divya
Rating
brisk walking & yoga help a lot. if u just do pranayama (breathing in & out)every morning & evening & eat a tomato every morning ,i gaurantee that u would loose atleast 3kg weight in a month

♥
Rating
walking

paapu
Rating
To successfully lose weight, you must carry out
a plan to balance your caloric intake with exercise.
Ideally, dieting should be done by eating a nutritionally
balanced, low-calorie diet and increasing physical activity.
I found useful informations at http://imfit4life.com

Casey
Rating
Swimming is best

if you have time, walk (better on the joints than jogging)

and doing something at the gym 2-3 times a week wouldn't hurt either.

also consider pilates

watsgoinon
Rating
all of them are best exercises to loose weight and if combined with proper balanced, diet they do wonders. swiming and jogging both tone ur body and yoga effects both ur body and mind.
i would combination of any one of these with along with proper diet.

Globetrotter
Rating
walking and yoga helps a lot..

joonbuck
Rating
They are all good but I suggest doing weight training on top of cardiovascular exercises and diet. Weight training increase muscle mass. Bigger muscle mass burns more calories and increase metabolism whice reduces your body fat.

PE teacher

Kyley
Swimming and jogging. Swimming is a great workout and you get to cool down while getting a tan! Jogging is great if you don't overwork yourself.

greenbuge <the green man>
my opinoin swimming becuase you use alot of mussles while burning calories my friend has been swimming his whole life iv only been swimming for about 7 years and thats really the only thing that keeps me in-shape

melissakrainski
Walking and Swimming. If you want to lose weight you should work out for long periods of time in your fat burning zone. That is at a heart rate that is optimal for burning fat which will be relatively low. You can have yourself tested or you can use the generally acceptable zones for your age. I'm sure you can find a chart or calculator online.

Ehsan-Personal Wellness COACH
Rating
Hi. You are over weight cause you are not eating right food. Eating right nutrition is very important for weight manangement. Excercise make you only fit, but it is important for weight managment. If you are interested in improving your health and well being, contact me at ehsan1@consultant.com or log on www.wellness.blogindia.com. I am a personal wellness coach,i help people everyday to lose weight, gain energy or just over all well being

Bats
Rating
Actually swimming, like laps and not just floating around does wonders. You use practically all the muscles in your body to swim and it does wear you out a lot at first. I think it's the best way to lose weight and it's also fun. I would also do some yoga just because it's a good stress reliever is helps you with stretching your muscles and such. So swimming and yoga is what I'd do.

raaj1111
Rating
other than the things you mentioned,you ll have to reduce your food intake. increase water & juices. take up some exercises.

Brandon
Joining the Gym and also try eating healthy food.
Probably try swimming and jogging because yoga is for keeping comfort and relaxation.
Hope this helps. =D

winter_new_hampshire
Walk or run, don't jog, avoid bouncing on your heels, bad for knees. Use the front of your feet for support, bend knees a little.
Swimming is awesome.
Gym is good because you might find a smart trainer there to give you hints too.
Yoga is good for you, but you can probably make up lots of stretching exercises also on your own, but yoga requires lots of patience since it is kind of slow.

Mr.DoWhatEver
1) I Run 22 Miles A Week(Mon-Fri).But 4 Starters I Might Want To Recommend 2 Miles A Day.But I Do 4.4

2) I Do Crunches & Pushups.

3) I Drink A Lot More Water.

4) Now I Can See My Abs Coming In

5) If All That Doesn't Work Get "LL Cool J's Platinum Workout" Book.It's Very Recomendable If U stick To It.It's Sure To Work.It Includes Good Ways On How To Diet,Stay Motivated, & Bronze,Silver,Platinum, & Diamond Levels To Workouts On(Depending On what Type Of Shape Your In)
But If U Stick To My Plan That's Also Sure To Work

6)Also U Shouldn't eat Anything Fried,With Sugar Or Red Meat(Such As Cheeseburgers/Beef Or Steak

7)Now If Your Going 2 Do It.It'll Work So Be Easy & Stay Motivated

swimming
jogging
walking

Lover Girl
walking, swimming, and yoga are really low impact ways to get in excellent shape!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy