Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Dentist is pulling 10 of my teeth tomorrow..?
any words of advice for all the pain I'm to be in?...

I have a crumbling tooth around a large mercury filling...?
and I want this tooth out. OUT. There are no NHS dental places anywhere near me and finances are tighter than a very tight thing on national tight day. Please PLEASE don't say 'oh go to a ...

What are the disadvantages of being a Dental Assistant?
Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't become a Dental Assistant. Could someone tell me what's so bad about it....

Who hates going to the dentist and why?
hate ...

I am 27 Years old and I am Getting Braces..Do they Hurt ??
I finally got some good insurance to get braces. I am getting the traditional ones but with white locks so they blend in with my teeth more. What I was wondering is if it hurts to get them put in. ...

How make your teeth white and shine?

Is a deep hole normal that traps food after wisdom tooth extraction?

Flossing...?
Does anyone actually floss everyday? I do but I think I'm in the minority....

Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

Can I die from Vicodin?

White teeth?
I need to get white teeth fast for a modeling photoshoot and I am wondering how can I get white teeth fast without white strips. I also brush my teeth everyday but it doesnt ...

Tooth pain after a root canal?
I got a root canal on my tooth I never got a cap but on it ... three years ago I got the root canal a year after the root canal i started to feel some pain in the tooth , I told my dentist he said ...

Bad Breath?
I have had bad breath all my life. i brush my teeth twice a day for 4 minutes and i floss twice a day too. and i still have bad breath. i have found no solution, can someone tell me if u had this ...

My bottom left wisdom tooth has a cavity in it. But, it has not totally come out of my gums. how to stop pain?
I can see the thing, and I want to get it worked on. but I have to save up since I work retail (woo hoo minimum wage! yeah!)
But, it hurts like hell what can I do (besides brush) to stop it from ...

Describe your teeth?

I have a tooth ache!!?
The Dr. said that I was clinching, maybe because of stress!!! Have any good ideas for me??!!...

How do I cure ulsers?
Well I often get ulsers in my mouth which stops me from simple things like talking, eating, breathing in the wind, and more

so does anyone have any cure for them apart from bonjela?...

Would you go out with someone with whitesh yellowish teeth?
if they were very sweet and there breath didnt stink?...

Why do you go back to smoking after 3 months of agony to quit?

How does your gums feel or look after getting your braces off?
My dentist told me before I got my braces taken off that my gums will feel funny. She also advised me to brush under the gums for a least a month before going for a cleaning. I just got the braces ...

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

thankyou

shorty
it doesnt hurt and it only takes about and half an hour

cutefugigirl
Rating
It took about 45 min-1 hour to get mine on- the brackets weren't too painful but the caps they put on your molars can be quite painful. The spacers you have to wear the week before are kind of annoying- the best way I can describe it is that it feels like you have food stuck between your teeth. Overall, getting them on isn't too painful but it's the aftermath that is killer. Make sure you have a bunch of pain killers! You won't be able to eat solids for a few days, so make sure you stock up on things that you can drink through a straw (soup, smoothies, etc).

Braces are painful after each tightening but if you can get through the pain in the end you will be very pleased with your results.

I hope this helps!

nikkiu24
I'm in the same boat. Just relax - it does not hurt most people, just a lot of pressure. You should ask for painkillers when they're done. It could take about 45 minutes to get them on.

Jen♥*
Im getting them on in 2 weeks, December 13!!!! So Im wondering the same thing but I dont think it will hurt getting them on and my ortho said it will only take a half hour to an hour to put them on! Good luck! Email me if you have any other questions, email me sometime after Dec 13 so I can tell you what its like =)

Rachel K
it starts to get sore about 1-2 hours after you get them on, if you don't touch them, the shouldn't hurt too much. it takes up to 45 min to put them on, but it's not too bad. good luck! don't worry, you get used to them quickly.

watergirl363
Rating
it might hurt for a few minutes or hours. i hear of a pill that stops the pain but you have to take it 5 mi. after putting them in.how long it will take depends on what dentist you have. if you have a bad dentist he or she might take along time because of problems.if you get a good dentist than it might go faster.

tradewind61
getting them on isnt nothing, it only takes about half an hour to get the actual braces on, but they take pictures and x-rays, so you wil be in the office for about 2 hours tops. but about an hour after you get the braces your teeth hurt like no other, so bring some pain killers and take a few before you start. the pain will go away in about a week. and when you get them tighten about the third time of getting htem tightened it doesnt even hurt at all

PurtyPree
Rating
I'm terified! My day is December 21!

Bowllynn
Rating
I'm so glad you will have straight teeth. You have nothing to be scared of!! Beautiful smiles are not scary!!!!!

paintballpd
I got braces in the late 60's or early 70's. From what they tell me now that it is no big deal. So, relax!!

jessica D
I am 27 years old i have braces. The only pain i got was after i got them on i could only eat soup and soggy cereal for a few days. As time went on the pain went a way and i love my smile today .I go every 3-6 weeks to get new wires and bands. In November i got my bottoms on which hurt more than the top for me. I would go threw the pain again if i had to . Just smiling is worth pain. The pain is not that bad either Tylenol reg will do =) I will be done with mine in 7 more months. I got them on in June . Don't be scared. Oh the clear gel to put the brackets on will taste nasty.The worst thing that has happen to me is that a bracket came off at the beginning.

Emilie25
Rating
Hello There. Don't be scared, it doesn't hurt. It can be uncomfortable once you have them on, with ulcers and some discomfort when they tighten your braces. But other than that, just think of how stunning your teeth will be when they take them off. The time the braces are on depends on how you go during the time you have them on, it is important to stick to all your appointments as they tighten them. I went to all my appointments, and I had my braces on for only 12 months. Some people skip appointments, and it really puts them behind. Once you get them on, it wont take long and you will get used to them. It feels amazing when they take them off... your teeth feel SO fantastic!!!

Anyway, ask your orthodontist how long you should expect to have them on. I would also suggest to get some bonjela ( not sure whats its called outside of Australia), to put on your ulcers. Usually your orthodontist will give you some wax to apply to the areas of the braces that may be rubbing. You will soon get used to it. Good Luck with it all :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy