Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Is an 8 year old too young for braces??
My daugher is 8 years old, and has a serious overbite and 2 front teet are BIG. Some kids make fun of her and say she looks like a rabbit. Since she is still losing her baby teeth, l guess it'...

Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

My Dentist has changed me from an NHS patient to a private patient. Can he do this?
I had to go for an urgent root canal and the total charge at the end was £200. I was an nhs patient and the dentist still takes on new nhs patients but he told me I'm no longer an nhs patient ...

Wisdom Teeth: Surgery or Pulled?
I've been informed that I need to get my wisdom teeth out; most importantly the top left one in particular is decayed. It's fully in though, due to the fact that I had back teeth pulled ...

How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery......

(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. W...

What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental ...

My jaw keeps feeling like its popping, what do i do?
It keeps popping and it hurts but I don't know what to do about it to get it to stop. Please help....

If i go to the dentist,will the dentist tell my parents that i smoke?
ok... ive been smoking for atleast about 1 1/2 years and my teeth arent really straight and both of my front teeth are chiped and even the middle is chipped to in between both of my front teeth,yes ...

Dentist is pulling 10 of my teeth tomorrow..?
any words of advice for all the pain I'm to be in?...

I have a crumbling tooth around a large mercury filling...?
and I want this tooth out. OUT. There are no NHS dental places anywhere near me and finances are tighter than a very tight thing on national tight day. Please PLEASE don't say 'oh go to a ...

What are the disadvantages of being a Dental Assistant?
Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't become a Dental Assistant. Could someone tell me what's so bad about it....

Who hates going to the dentist and why?
hate ...

I am 27 Years old and I am Getting Braces..Do they Hurt ??
I finally got some good insurance to get braces. I am getting the traditional ones but with white locks so they blend in with my teeth more. What I was wondering is if it hurts to get them put in. ...

How make your teeth white and shine?

Is a deep hole normal that traps food after wisdom tooth extraction?

Flossing...?
Does anyone actually floss everyday? I do but I think I'm in the minority....

Which recreational drugs damage teeth and gums?

H1976
Any one else had this happen to their teeth?
My great grandad got loose teeth in his 60's and got a whole new set come through, when he died he had a perfect set of natural teeth!
I am hoping this will of skipped a couple of generations as I would love to have some sparkly new teeth!
Is this common?
Additional Details
He actually had three sets of teeth in his life time!
Not falsies, G grandma was very proud of him.

Happy Murcia
Rating
Wow that is a very unusual thing to happen.....niether my wife or I have ever heard of this......

radstar67
Rating
WOW!

Do you think that your Grandad was having a joke? (that's what they do - y'know)

I remember mine telling me that he could blow smoke out of his ears! (Go on...someone will say that this is possible!)

He couldn't! but it never stopped me loving him - or believing it for many years! (well, until I was 31.....?)

Bones
Rating
Wow! That's pretty coolio! Way to go G-Pa~!~

tinkerbell
Rating
I've never heard of that............. sound like a miracle to me.

loopy loo
Rating
that would be brill. its a shame we only get one set of adult teeth, hope its true, dont think its common tho, i have not heard of this before

animemadness
Rating
Did his orginal baby teeth acutally fall out or did they stay there untill he was 60 and then his adult teeth grew through ...no its not common

Kimmy
I am going to say that this is not common at all!!!

Ash
Not really, most loose teeth an have to replaced with false teeth, were they hids milk teeth that fell out??? this has really puzzled me lol....

Charlene
Rating
Wow! Never heard of that.

Dr. Trevor
It is rare but it happens. My aunt got new wisdom teeth in her late 70's. The incoming teeth caused headaches and had to be removed. The dentist had never heard of such a thing happening before, so this indicates that the medical community either doesn't know much about the phenomenon, or it is so rare as to be ignored.

Triumph
Rating
I'll bet he was just teasing around with you. He probably did lose his teeth, but got false teeth from the dentist, and he told his great grandchildren they "grew in" just to play around with them.

Or it actually did happen!!! You may get to have new teeth when you get old!!! :)

Staci
Rating
the same thing happened to my dad but it happened in high school for him it freaked him out anyways its very uncommon thats what his dentist told him

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy