Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Can you read this?
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The ...

What's the way out of loneliness?
people keep telling me to go to groups but i never seem to meet anyone interesting there. only people who already have friends/family. or otherwise how do find contentment in solitute?...

Why does depression have a stigma attached .....?
depression can affect all walks of life , rich and poor people , but why do people frown upon anti-depressants ?? I have read a few answers over time here in answers and they were all really negative ...

Give me a reason to live?
I'm probably being a pain in the ***. I just don't know what to do. My family, friends, school... all meaningless, so not supportive. I can't find happiness. Been depressed for years ...

I need a good reason to be alive?
I've been incredibly depressed as of late; I cry daily for hours on end. My girlfriend dumped me; I suffered a back injury which squelched any chance that I had of playing baseball in college; ...

I have most things?
I have my own place, car and a job, not much money and sometimes no money, no girlfriend and no out life, like some people but i cant stop thinking about killing myself and ending this **** life, i ...

Hase any one got trouble with a bad temper?
And if so how do you control it i am open to any tips
I have also been told by my doctor that i have ...

Does anyone else find listening to rain really relaxing?

I feel very sad:(?
Any suggestions on how to make me feel better?
thanks....

Why men always think they are smarter than women?

Suicide or not?
i'm feeling very suicidal right now and need someone to talk to.
my family call me fat all the time and i weight 110 pounds and i'm bulimic too ( eating disorders run in my family )

What do you think happens after suicide?
if you committed suicide, but you believed in god, what do you think would happen? and assuming heaven and hell is real, do you think you could still go to heaven?...

How do you deal with thoughts of suicide?
Everything that could go wrong in my life has and i'm constantly plagued with suicidal thoughts. I've read other comments about this that say "take up a hobby" or something, but i&...

Are people really that gullible?

Does anyone else pull out their hair?
i pull out my hair and i think i have this condition called trichotillomania where you pull out your hair to relieve stress, and i was wondering if anyone else has this, and if they do, could they ...

I am thinking about suicide...help?
i have severe depression and major ODD. i cant get along with anyone in my family, i only have two good friends, and my medication does NOT work. im in DBT group and therapy but that dosent seem to ...

If you acheive only ONE dream before you die, what would you want it to be?

What do you do when your feeling low?
I've been feeling low the past few days, need to kick myself up the a*se and get out of it. Any suggestions?...

Plzz answer.Is it important to apologize when we do something wrong?
I never like to apologize to anyone eventhough i did something wrong.Is it a bad attitude?...

My boyfriend keeps stabbing me with a pencil...is this normal??
He's done it like 5 times in a row now. It's Ow! He just did it again! Why is he doing this?? OW! he won't stop! Help!!! Is he normal??...

Evil Crow
What is this feeling of emptiness I've been experiencing for so long?
How do I fill this void?
Additional Details
Yea I aint hungry. I cut myself aswell. Mum took me to doctors but dunno what he woz on a bout.

mobjob
Rating
hunger

JeffyB
Rating
The best way to fill a void inside you is to do something nice for others on a regular basis. Why not volunteer at a soup kitchen, or at your local animal shelter?

embem171
Rating
Depression maybe? see a shrink

In God We Trust
Rating
First of all, I believe that you are a beautiful and deeply inward person. Wake up, open that door and leave those four walls where they are. You can come back later. You know that, right?
What do you like to do? I love to write until I am too tired to write anymore. I love to read every newspaper, particularly those with "secrets" like the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and all medical and science journals. I love to read just about everything. There is so much shocking yet extremely interesting information to be discovered. I am not playing with you. Yes, I can imagine how you feel. I too have felt that way. There is nothing wrong with a little alone time aka "your personal space." Life is too short to wall yourself up and not do things to make "you" happy. I go to all of the "free concerts and other events" out there. Why? For one thing, my taxes have already paid for them. Should I let them ride on and not enjoy what appears to be free. I think not and that would defeat my efforts. Do you swim, like bicycling, how about just boat rides, with the other person driving? I must admit that sometimes, my friends tell me that they ride the "el train" to the end of the line. I do ride it in this fashion as well. It really is fun and sometimes no one is with me. It's "me time" and I am worth it. Yes, I definitely am. I read everything that the library offers and sometimes, I have them order for "free" reading materials that they don't have but come from other libraries. What a plus for anyone who wants this. The library has CDs, videotapes, large print and braille reading materials. Gosh, they have a massive research department. I will not spend my lovely time on this Earth, being in a void. There are tremendous amounts of people who need a "smile" and even a "kind word." They do need me and they sure need you. You have to give in order to receive from life. This does not necessarily relate to the spending of money. I do all that I can to help others and people return that favor. I know no one who is rich so all is fine. As far as kindness to others goes, I am one of the richest people in the world. You can be too. Remember this, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" - Romans 8:31. If you suffer doubts about your purpose in this life, then read Psalm 35 to (Plead My Cause) - You will be reading for a while but it is so worthwhile. I read this particular psalm on a daily basis. I hope that you know how important you are. God makes no mistakes. Peace and God Bless.

Mujareh
Rating
Get some friends, or start dating someone. Or get a hobby. The world is full of opportunities, you're just probably not getting enough of it.

just me
Depression

country nana
You need Jesus in your life.

Venu
Rating
because you have not met me

king_of_hyrule
Rating
That is what is called the Darkness, the Abyss, and you fill it with Light.

fiat_knox
Yeah, it sounds like depression has you in its thrall.

I'd advise counselling for your worries. Find a sympathetic ear who is willing to listen. Seek out assistance. There are any number of groups you can go to who can help you over this hurdle.

Life can be wonderful. If you let it.

Freedom
Rating
Only by letting Jesus come into your heart and be your friend. He wants to, but He won't unless you invite Him. I use to be empty and depressed, but not since I let Jesus come in to my heart.

30somethin
Well- if you have been feeling "depressed" for over two weeks, see the Dr on your own. Otherwise just try to find something you like to do- get a pet, read a book, exercise, paint, join a club- anything to fill the void in your life.

Warrior Hamster
Maybe you've just noticed that life is a pointless exercise, filled with pain and disappointment.

Even the most successful, happy people die. And when they do their many achievements count for naught because they remember none of it. And sooner or later even their family and loved ones forget them.

Or maybe you need to start drinking more. My friend Mr. Daniels is great at perking me up.

Pinkish Marsh
Rating
The feeling of emptiness is probably linked to a mild depression. Most people who are single, may feel empty due to others in relationships. The best thing to do is to sit down and make a list of what you are missing in your life, what is bothering you, and how you can fix it. If it helps at all, the feeling of emptiness takes time to heal, so writing about it may make you feel better.

jodycat2@verizon.net
Rating
not sure about the feeling but I would suggest you fill it with the "Holy Spirit" turn your life over to Jesus and you will see a difference

Rating
I think that feeling is callled "thats life". We all feel it to a certain extent. Just have to put it to the back of your mind and get on with the good things in your life. Good luck.

Julie
Get a hobby.I often have these feelings and I just pull out the Playstation,if Ive had enough of the computer,and how about some country walks,go on holliday,meet people.So much you can do.

James Blond
wait just a little bit longer. what do u mean "then what?" ? ah, then wait a little longer.

diarbe
A long term upset that has never been resolved....? You need to find answers in other places than where you are looking....? You are in the wrong place at the moment and need to identify who is sitting on your back now or from or since sometime in the past....? Eat some real food? Become more independent.... financially and emotionally. Just a few ideas....

jamus
I have had the same feelings. I used to cut daily, attempted suicide 4 time in 4 years, been on life support twice. Last time died, but doctors brought me back. So, you are not the only one out there and don't listen to the BS that some people answer you question with. I felt void for many years and still do at times. It has taken much therapy. But, I don't give therapy all the credit. What I've found that helps more than anything, is staying busy. Also, try finding a creative outlet. Mine is collecting music. Just try to find one thing you can call your own and go with it. But don't give up. Please!

animalmother
with mushrooms

beautiful
Rating
Go out make friends keep yourself busy enjoy yourself I've felled like that once but I woke up one day and put an end on it just have fun with your life go look for romance

glamorganshire_a
I've been feeling the same way lately. I'm searching for something, but I have no idea what it is. Once I find it, it will fill the void. Until then, I set goals for myself to get by one day at a time. 'Course, I might require meds.

Gangantuan-Megalopolis
Rating
Read some existentialism. Nietsche is a good place to start. He said: "You stare at the void and it stares back".

Rob G
Loneliness? Ring a friend and make some plans.
Or get two cats. They are great to talk to when humans dont care.

Amy A
Rating
The longing in your heart is homesickness for God. We were made to be close to our maker. Without him we are all empty and look for something in life to fill that void. I am here to tell you that I used to feel like that all of the time and no amount of drug, alcohol, friends, or even family could change the way I felt until I found God. If you truly want to find happiness let go of the ways of this world and settle down with The lord. God Bless you my friend.

puma
You have to find the inner strength to realize you are worthy of love. You can't fill a void like that without loving yourself.

uncle billy
depression and/or loneliness :(

uplate
can i get you a snack?

rei
chronic depression...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy