Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do i stop my wife snoring without going to jail?

Scared i'll never be happy in this world/life?
Does anyone else feel that they can never be happy in this world or this life?????

I'm really unhappy with my life and i'm trying to get better, but nothing motivates me to try ...

Can anybody say something good?
I am really alone right now. I have nobody to talk to. I am so upset and depressed about being alone. I am in love with someone I see everyday and I can't take the feeling of rejection anymore. I...

Suicide. . .?
My best friend is seriously comtemplating suicide. He has been having suicidal thoughts for several months and have been confessing them to me, and he says that he is going to take his own life to ...

Are you afraid of dying?
i wonder who is going to cry for me when i die,aren't you?...

How do people deal with a fear of death?

"should I stop wearing diapers?

I want to die?
i want to die, i just hate myself. I used to self harm but now i stoped, but i still want to die, what can i do?
Additional Details
i ...

Have you ever sat alone and cried in despair?
Have you ever felt that deep feeling of hopelessness in the pit of your stiomach that just made you cry and cry and cry about how bad your life has turned out? when was the last time you did this?...

Can anyone give me a good reason to continue with life?
I used to think that life would be exciting and full of adventure. But now, I am completely disillusioned. I have few friends ( no close ones ), and worst of all, no lover. What's the use when ...

Can you read this?
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The ...

What's the way out of loneliness?
people keep telling me to go to groups but i never seem to meet anyone interesting there. only people who already have friends/family. or otherwise how do find contentment in solitute?...

Why does depression have a stigma attached .....?
depression can affect all walks of life , rich and poor people , but why do people frown upon anti-depressants ?? I have read a few answers over time here in answers and they were all really negative ...

Give me a reason to live?
I'm probably being a pain in the ***. I just don't know what to do. My family, friends, school... all meaningless, so not supportive. I can't find happiness. Been depressed for years ...

I need a good reason to be alive?
I've been incredibly depressed as of late; I cry daily for hours on end. My girlfriend dumped me; I suffered a back injury which squelched any chance that I had of playing baseball in college; ...

I have most things?
I have my own place, car and a job, not much money and sometimes no money, no girlfriend and no out life, like some people but i cant stop thinking about killing myself and ending this **** life, i ...

Hase any one got trouble with a bad temper?
And if so how do you control it i am open to any tips
I have also been told by my doctor that i have ...

Does anyone else find listening to rain really relaxing?

I feel very sad:(?
Any suggestions on how to make me feel better?
thanks....

Why men always think they are smarter than women?

Y! Canada News Editors
What are your tips for dealing with depression in the workplace?
Nearly a quarter of Canadian workers report suffering from depression, according to one study. Read more: http://www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/ArticlesDetailView&articleId=cqa20071204File1Article1&lang=EN&theme=yahoo&articleSource=CareerAdvisor&OldUrl=

Workplace depression, letting people know:
http://yahoo.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/ArticlesDetailView&articleId=cqa20071210File1Article1&lang=EN&theme=yahoo&OldUrl=

john c
O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-E: If your desk starts to look like an episode of "Sanford&Son" it could contribute greatly to this epidemic.If the top of your desk (once again) is cluttered,frustration will soon ensue.This will be in the form of "Papers you cant find when they're urgently needed.A continuous "search and rescue"to find a pen or a pencil.By this time you may even be looking for your crayons.This scenario also can have a phsycological effect simply because the miniscule cubicle you have been working in,will appear much smaller than it already is..How is your Caffeine intake? Is it more than one gallon a day?.....or worse two? Maybe you also have the type of boss that wants everthing completed,"Yesterday".Check your job descriptions.Your duties are entailed in there.Do what it says to the best of your ability,and omit what you've been doing over and above your call.Lastly,the cliches,the gossip,the watercooler banter.DO NOT GET INVOLVED.You can't hide the fact that you were talking behind the persons back who's now looking you straight in the eye. Your face can be read,like a dimestore novel.Easier said than done,is this.Leave your homelife AT HOME.Make work a safehouse where you can shed the doldrums of the daily routines (good or bad) that you are faced with at home.If you are capable of M.Y.O.B. the battle is almost won.Gossiping,or running someone down ALWAYS gets back to the subject.You want more air that you can't cut with a knife? Keep up THAT trend and you'll probably need Zorro.Lastly keep in mind that this is how you've chosen to work and you knew beforhand of the entailments of the job.If you can function following these few tips? You still have 66% of your day left for yourself.Good Luck to All.

chattingkat
I get up from my desk, go to the staff room and make myself a nice hot cup of green tea. I close my eyes and imagine myself on a beautiful beach and go on a 10 second holiday. I also have great pictures on my walls I can stare into and also be somewhre else for a few minutes.

mithril
Great music. Keep it clean, though. Racy lyrics are unprofessional overall. Radio stations are a good bet. Upbeat and motivational rather than slow (and sometimes depressing!) love songs.

Sandra P
Having a sharing circle like debriefing your concerns or issues with your co-workers.
Prayer is also very important in my life I pray about it and if I have to deal with anything then I bring up in the circle.

april e
Rating
In our office we started having weekly meetings in our groups. This seems to work and our team work has improved alot from this. We even get paid to listen to the boss....

CuriousB
My employer recently installed a machine on each floor in our workplace that dispenses about 15 types of fancy coffees, teas and hot chocolate ( complimentary ) and this machine has really added a positive beat to my day. I suggest every employer do the same.

anaise
Rating
Could it be the weather that keeps Canadians in ill somber? Its cold there longer than most places.
As far as depression in the workplace: if you get sick over your job, you need to get out. There's no ands or buts about it.

Zerkleinerungsmaschine von Heebs
Rating
Get high

Lou K
Rating
My tip for dealing with depression in the workplace is to eat Big Cup Peanut Butter Cups. Works for me.

tb19891989
Make some friends! Get to know your co-workers and become buddies. Plan lunches and after- work activities with them so you have something to look forward to! Also, pick out the things about the job you really love, and remember why you were so excited to start when you were first hired.

Maximillian
Rating
Find something about your work that you enjoy. Remember; you are learning skills (social, physical and intellectual) that will help you to function more efficiently in many other aspects of your life. Difficult situations and people can challenge us and will bring out the best -or show us where we are in need of improvement and growth. If you are totally unhappy in your work; use your downtime to upgrade your education, or network with friends to find alternate and perhaps more fulfilling places of employment. You may also be a person with multi-interests or talents who can change gears and be useful in many different work environments. Perhaps you are a leader and entrepreneur who has a business plan just waiting to be nurtured. Again, use your down time to build your strengths and make use of the many educational tools available to you. Volunteer some of your time to assist others in meeting their goals and aspirations.

cal l
You must have fun while working. Talking with fellow emploies is important, as well as knowing your client base.

damarketingguy
We have Chillax'in days every couple of months where the staff do no-work related activities to get us up an moving out of our routines....for example, last time we spent the morning bowling, had lunch brought in and then in the afternoon we had a yoga instructor come in for an hour and then each staff got treated to a 10 minute hot rocks massage while the rest of us played team games like scene-it and family feud. It was great for office moral and teamwork.

psychclaire
I believe that good support from your employer is vital for people to remain inthe work place. This means dealing with bullying, providing stress management courses, meditation, education and providing a good counselling sevice. 10 years aso, I was diagnosed with clinical depression which was made worse by worplace bullying. Management appeared to support the bully, by sending me to occupational health and telling me not to use humour. I told my manager to take a hike, which was supported by occupational health.Which is indeed a good way of dealing with it. A lot of employers to not provide adequate support for people with depression by changing work hours or providing counselling. I am lucky to be working a good NHS trust whom provide so much support for people with depression which has been caused in/out of work. I have attended stress management, assertiveness courses and my manager has been very supportive. My work has even given me education on depression itself. I do agree that some employers are still predjudiced about mental illnesses, thinking that a person is going to commit suicide on the premises. I have been thrown out of someone's house for taking one antidepressant with a sip of beer. This can also be reflected in the workplace. Education is vital for people who are ignorant. The communication between my manager is excellent, I have trusted her with my history and what are my triggers of anxiety. It is nice to have an open and trusting relationship. In my last job, I felt my manager was quite predjudiced and I was quite hostile in parting with my personal information as there was no trust and respect. In my current role, I have even volunteered to be a contact officer for people who are being bullied, which is often a cause of depression. I feel my employer has given me so much, so I want to help them. All learnt from experience of poor employers.

bj
Rating
because of the global competition that exists the nature of the workplace has adopted this dog eat dog mentality and employers have no conscience about their employees. The almighty dollar is the bottom line.

The report about Canadain workplace is really true. Most companies are American ( foreign) owned and the treatment of staff is based on the American way of doing buisness ie no recognition that Canadians are less aggressive than they are. When you have a big company like GE that has buying powere and can come in and take over a section of Canada's oldest retail (credit department) then you know that there will be a back lash.

A time for UNIONS to revive themselves and wake up from their sleep.

Bob C
Rating
Do the job you where hired to do and getting paid for. When you leave work leave ALL the problems there. Don't take them home.

Karri V
Mental health days!!!! Knowing that you can take a day and sleep in and catch up on the things that you keep putting off is vital.

UncleO
Take full advantage of your breaks.
Get up from the desk and go for a brisk walk outside.
Breath deeply, filling your lungs with fresh air.
Do periodic stretches.
Make sure you have plenty of rest. Most people are stressed over their jobs on Mondays because of a lack of rest.
Do exercises such as deep knee bends, pushups etc. on your washroom breaks.
Cut down on your coffee consumption.
Eat healthy foods. No junk food.
Have a positive attitude!

lostindarkenss
Depends what kind of work your doing in my opinion.

Even a slice of pizza can be depressing if it means 20 more hours of back breaking labor.

My two cents.

Josue
I definitely agree with one user who related the weather to Canadians employee/workers.

These winters can bring anyone down, even Canadians get depressed, how do you expect a latin guy like me living in Canada, not to get depressed?

One more thing is that, if you love your job, which is hard to achieve nowadays due to annoying customers and unreal schedules, you won't get depressed at all because you love what you're doing!!! makes sense?

Tutu
You should be always busy. Get your imagination going. Write down the work to be done during your day or for the coming week. Then look back and verify your accomplishment. You should report your accomplishment to your supervisor and then your result will tell you if did a good job or not. good Luck

nosce te ipsum
Rating
I used to work around the public all day, constantly near people. Depression became very intense.

My theory is, it was because I was absorbing people's negativity.
A little bit here and there, which in each person isn't much.... but it adds up.

And so eventually, they told me to quit working there.

How can anyone help themselves? The best is to be aware of the emotion, and not to be the emotion.

And you can use the mind to visualize mirrors covering you that bounce away the negativity.

Sylvia W
Don't let it become depression. Alter your extreme inner dialogue. Instead of I always disappoint the boss. Use today the boss seemed disappointed.

torontoslim
First, get over "perfect job" syndrome. There are dull and depressing things about every job. Second, be enthusiastic. You may not be able to control the job, but you have control of your own attititude. If you whine and complain all day, you bring yourself and everyone else down. Come on, it's not that bad, is it?

Alicia
Here are a few tips that helped me:

1. Say a prayer every morning when you wake up thanking the Universe/God/Goddess/Spirit for the opportunity to live another day, and ask for protection from negativity.

2. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Staying hydrated contributes to having high energy (limit your caffeine intake as it tends to be an energy robber).

3. Avoid negative people (which I call energy vampires). If you can't avoid them then don't respond to them as much as possible.

4. Take a 10 minute break every couple of hours and go for a walk around the office and say hi to 2 to 3 people and have a mini-conversation.

5. Leave work at work. Once the work day is done leave the office and do something fun, i.e. watch a movie, read a book or magazine, visit an art gallery, that has nothing to do with work.

If all else fails, change jobs! Make it a goal to find a new job, and set a deadline as to when you want to achieve the goal. Knowing that there is an end coming automatically makes you feel better.

Nat
One of the best things I can do when feeling stressed at work is to go for a walk during the break. Something about being in nature helps to relieve stress. It is also important for me to totally limit my caffiene and sugar intake. Meditation is also helpful and can be practiced anywhere.

Scooby
Rating
I'm in kickboxing, so the days that I have it right after work are a god send for me.
I definitley get stressed and depressed from work. There have been a couple of days I've called in sick because I couldn't stand going into the office. That's pretty bad.
But if I'm on the verge of a melt down, I go for a walk or to get some air.
I think also having ALOT more counselling and therapy options for people. There is help, but alot of the times it's not free and too much money.

Cecil M
Rating
1. I would suggest that you learn how to Relax.

2. Then find a purpose for going to work.

3.Most people I have facilitated with depression do very little for themselves are often focused on pleasing others.

4. What have you done for yourself lately?

5. You need to be able to discuss with your doctor how you feel and what effects the medication is having on your system.

6. I f you have difficulty expressing yourself or feel intimidated, get another doctor.

hein
it can be so simple, just a pad on the shoulder or some nice words, but most of the modern managers have forgotten that

CRAZYFINGERS
Rating
Have a life outside of work. Today we tend to 'define' ourselves by careers and what we do at work. When things go wrong at work, our worth is called into question as human beings. By having family, friends and interests outside of work that can validate and support as an individual, allows me to temper the effects of depression.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy