Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Scared i'll never be happy in this world/life?
Does anyone else feel that they can never be happy in this world or this life?????

I'm really unhappy with my life and i'm trying to get better, but nothing motivates me to try ...

Can anybody say something good?
I am really alone right now. I have nobody to talk to. I am so upset and depressed about being alone. I am in love with someone I see everyday and I can't take the feeling of rejection anymore. I...

Suicide. . .?
My best friend is seriously comtemplating suicide. He has been having suicidal thoughts for several months and have been confessing them to me, and he says that he is going to take his own life to ...

Are you afraid of dying?
i wonder who is going to cry for me when i die,aren't you?...

How do people deal with a fear of death?

"should I stop wearing diapers?

I want to die?
i want to die, i just hate myself. I used to self harm but now i stoped, but i still want to die, what can i do?
Additional Details
i ...

Have you ever sat alone and cried in despair?
Have you ever felt that deep feeling of hopelessness in the pit of your stiomach that just made you cry and cry and cry about how bad your life has turned out? when was the last time you did this?...

Can anyone give me a good reason to continue with life?
I used to think that life would be exciting and full of adventure. But now, I am completely disillusioned. I have few friends ( no close ones ), and worst of all, no lover. What's the use when ...

Can you read this?
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The ...

What's the way out of loneliness?
people keep telling me to go to groups but i never seem to meet anyone interesting there. only people who already have friends/family. or otherwise how do find contentment in solitute?...

Why does depression have a stigma attached .....?
depression can affect all walks of life , rich and poor people , but why do people frown upon anti-depressants ?? I have read a few answers over time here in answers and they were all really negative ...

Give me a reason to live?
I'm probably being a pain in the ***. I just don't know what to do. My family, friends, school... all meaningless, so not supportive. I can't find happiness. Been depressed for years ...

I need a good reason to be alive?
I've been incredibly depressed as of late; I cry daily for hours on end. My girlfriend dumped me; I suffered a back injury which squelched any chance that I had of playing baseball in college; ...

I have most things?
I have my own place, car and a job, not much money and sometimes no money, no girlfriend and no out life, like some people but i cant stop thinking about killing myself and ending this **** life, i ...

Hase any one got trouble with a bad temper?
And if so how do you control it i am open to any tips
I have also been told by my doctor that i have ...

Does anyone else find listening to rain really relaxing?

I feel very sad:(?
Any suggestions on how to make me feel better?
thanks....

Why men always think they are smarter than women?

Suicide or not?
i'm feeling very suicidal right now and need someone to talk to.
my family call me fat all the time and i weight 110 pounds and i'm bulimic too ( eating disorders run in my family )

John S
Am I an alcoholic?
I drink 6 - 9 beers each night, alone. I choose the higher alcohol beer for better "effects". I love being numb. I hide alcohol sometimes so my other half doesn't know how much I'm drinking. I sometimes have blackouts. Tell me what you think?

kl1779
Yes, your an alcoholic. When you drink that much everyday, yes. Alcoholics annoymous. Don't let it run your life! You get control of it and you can. Why do you feel the need to get numb anyway? Don't know what else is going on in your life, but it sounds as if you are trying to escape something more painful in your life. Try counseling AA, minister or someone. Good Luck my friend.

coloklute
Burrrppp...! Its ok to be... burpp.... gay. I love you man!

Mike Hunt
Rating
Your fine. Just take the kids to soccer. Buckle up if you remember.

manbearpig
Rating
how can you not be able to tell your an alcoholic?

DiDi Dvora J
First of all, are you of drinking age?
Secondly, If your drinking enough alcohol that you have to ask if your a alcoholic, its probably a good idea to cut down.

calygirl
Rating
You have gone through the 1st step already by recognizing u have a problem. I would recomend getting special help. Before your situation worsens. Trust me alcohol can destroy your life and drive away your friends and loved one's (i talk from personal experiences) It can really screw you up.

Nathan S
I see rehab in your VERY near FUTURE!!! You seriously need to stop as soon as possible. Its horrible lossing a loved one from kidney failure or sorosis of the liver. My uncle died from being an alcoholic. Stop as soon as you can!! Dont make your loved ones suffer lossing you when you can prevent it!!

Jersey girl on Florida.
Rating
yes you are. Try to visit AA this will help you before your liver explode. If you start to have blackouts it is becoming dangerous please visit your doctor immediately...I just lost my sis due to a drinking problem...good luck and god bless you.

Anon
no you need to be doing that in the morning not the evening to be considered an alcoholoic. Sorry, youre not there yet, keep working at it though.

dc
Rating
you are wasting your life and your "other half's" life too.

Bigbabii
Well, you will certainly find out for sure if you try not drinking for a couple of days and feel sick. If you do feel sick after not drinking for a couple of days I would suggest contacting your doctor or just slowing down a bit. Or try only drinking every other day until you can ween yourself off the alcohol...if that's what you want to do. Your other half only wants good things for you. So, if you are hiding alcohol from him/her that is a sign that things might be getting to heavy for you.

jenny n
I think that you already know the answer to your question. I also think that you really should get help for your drinking habit and stop being so full of it. You know the signs so you don't need anyone reassuring you about your problem.

u12fme
i'm 12-15 beers a night and i fling poop

Jade B
Rating
yes get some help

Mommy_of_2_devils
YES!!! Just don't tell anyone because if you tell your doc you think you have a problem and it gets written in you medical records you cannot get life insurance. So other words deny that your an alcoholic and you'll be fine.

Harry
Rating
You sound like a pansy to me. I drink hard liqour every night. Beer is for jolly fat guys. Still, get some help if it is effecting your life.

Alex
haha!

PourOneForMe
Mom? Is that you?

KnowhereMan
You need to find out WHY you drink... Then, you can address the situation accordingly... Otherwise, you'll inevitably relapse...
The ONLY way out is with the help of God...! I'd recommend Celebrate Recovery available at many churches these days... It's a Christian 12-step program with significant differences... Just started a coupla weeks ago - for real, this time - myself and at least there, I experience the encouraging power of hope. Remember: although one feels no (or little) pain when one is numb, neither does one feel the full joy of happiness and so much is forgotten... It's truly a sad state... Kind of like Adam Sandler in "Click," just going through the motions of living while in a non-communicative haze... I'll bet you have few, if any REAL friends...? Will pray for you... God bless...

Lorrie
My father is an alcoholic and and though I don't remember that exactly how much he drank everyday, like you, he hid a LOT of liquor. But Do you want to get help for your problem? Sounds like you do, and that is the FIRST step. Good job on recognizing that you have a problem. Call Al-Anon and speak with a someone about joining a support group for others with your problem so that you can grow in acceptance, compassion and understanding with those who live with someone like you or ARE someone like you or who ARE someone like you in 10 or 20 years who waited longer to get help.
1-888-425-2666

maxpowers_84
definitely

melissa p
Yeah i think you're an alcoholic

naddel
That's for sure! Try not to drink alkohol for 1 week, if you can't go and seek help.

Dirk Diggler
No, alcoholics go to meetings. You're just a drunk.

Elizabeth
Rating
Go to AA. No one asks if they have a problem unless they have one. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step. AA is in the phone book.

Arrow
If this is real, it's time to seek help.

killy
Rating
GET SOME HELP. your ar an alcholic. DONT lie to anyone. it makes matters worse. lying is the worse thing you can do to your other half

mia2kl2002
Yes, I'd say you're an alcoholic. I like to drink, too, though I prefer wine, and sometimes I think I drink too much. But it isn't to the point where I'm blacking out... and I don't have to hide it from anybody... and sometimes I just go a week or so without it, to make sure I can. When life sux, it is sometimes a comfort to feel numb, right?

If you find that you call in sick because you're hung over, or miss work because you want to drink or party... then you're over the edge & in real trouble. So far, that hasn't happened to me. But it's a good idea for people who drink, to monitor themselves and back off once in awhile.

♥_Dip_♥
Rating
Yep, and you need AA bad.

So Paid
Rating
I think that you need help. But you already know this. Please go to AA or get some professional counseling. You're obviously running from something. Remember that God loves you regardless of your faults.

kwabs
ONLY IF YOU CAN BE HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT THIS WOULD BE OF HELP TO YOU. MEDICALLY
DEPENDENCE ON A SUBSTANCE IS WHEN 3 OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING PATTERNS EXIST
TOLERANCE TO THE SUBST., WITHDRAWAL FAILURE,
SUBST TAKEN LARGER THAN NORMAL,
PERSISTENT DESIRE OR ATTEMPTS TO CUT DOWN,
LOTS OF ENERGY SPENT TRYING TO OBTAIN THE SUBST.,
SOCIAL, OCCUPATIONAL, RECREATION ARE AFFECTED BY SUBST,
CONTINUED USE INSPITE OF KNOWLEDGE OF DANGERS.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE EXIST WHEN ANY 1 OR MORE OF THESE EXIST
RECURRENT FAILURE TO FULFILL MAJOR OBLIGATIONS SCHOOL WORK OR HOME;
RECURRENT USE IN PHYSICALLY HAZARDOUS SITUATIONS
RECURRENT SUBST RELATED LEGAL PROBLEMS
CONTINUED USE INSPITE OF PERSISTENT PROBLEMS CAUSED BY USE

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy