Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

Am I overweight I am 12,im 5'0 and i weigh 80 pounds?
I always feel sooo fat!!...

What kinds of exercises are there that don't involve a lot of sweating?
Sweat irritates my skin alot. Is there anyway for me to still do exercises without having to sweat so much?...

Do i have anorexia?
I know it sounds crazy to ask but i need help. Im 15 years old and i weight 110 pounds. I don't think i have in intentionally but i hardly ever eat. I normally eat once a day. My hair is ...

What are the chances of me getting my fathers genes?
this is a question about my metabolism. anyway my my mom has a super fast metabolism and my dad has an alright metabolism he could gain weight and still lose weight. anyways im a 16-year old male and ...

Please give me your advice...my younger sister is very overweight.?
My mom and my sister just moved back to Georgia from Alabama. My sister had a traumatic experience when she was 6 and from then gained alot of weight. She is now 15, is 5'8" and weighs ...

Doing the splits? is splits something you can either do or you cant?
or can you become more flexiable and then you can eventually do it, ive beign doing a lot of yogo latley thats why im intrested....

Is working out more than 3 times a week over doing it?
i do a full body workout fri/sat/sun and started adding mon/wed, is that too much????...

Am I getting fat? =[?
I'm about 5'11 and weigh around 9.5 stone.
I thought this was all grand and stuff, but my sister has come home for the summer with a medicial textbook (shes a third year medical ...

Is tea a hydrator as much as water?
I know we should all drink lots of water, but I HATE drinking it most of the time. I love iced tea and I make it with tea bags and use splenda as the sweetener. Water is best, I know, but having to ...

Am I fat?!?!?
Im:
female
5 ft. 6 in.
145 ...

What is a good weight for 5'10?
for a girl?...

Is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds fat?
What about 5 foot 3 and 107...

Is it true that Vomiting makes you lose weight?
My friend told me that if you vomit 3 times a week the food that you eat it makes you lose weight. But i thought it makes you gain? Is this true please explain?
Additional Details

How tall are you? Please Answer?!?
I want lots of answers please :]
Additional Details
I'm 5'8 :)...

Hi im a 19 yr old male 6'4 and I want to gain 45 pounds.what foods should I eat?
I only weigh 164...

Why are all of those people in magazines and on t.v. so thin?
Not only thin people exist in our world today...we need real people to show little teenage girls how to act because they are our romodels. Those girls are a little too skinny and thats a big impact ...

I'm 5'2" and weigh about 135 lbs...?
I kind of feel overweight but most of it is muscle or in places where I know I won't be able to get rid of it... like the insides of my thighs and my butt... am I fat... or any suggestions as to ...

12, 4ft11 , and 100 lbs Do i need to lose weight?
I just want to know if I need to lose anymore weight. I use to be 123, but I lost the 23lbs, but do I need to lose, 'cause people still call me fat!!!!!...

_TONY_
Should the state lower the drinking age?

*snap*dragon*
Rating
Even though kids still drink under-aged, it would be bad to lower the drinking age because it would induce more drinking and be legal. Plus it kills young devoloping brain-cells.
It is true that children drank back in the day but only watered down wine or beer........

princess e
this first part is to every one else:

uhhh he didnt ask about drinking and driving --- NO ONE should EVER drink and drive regardless of age

to you the asker :

im 22 now but when i was younger i said YES to lowering drinking age ... it makes sense ..

like everyone drinks when they are under age anyway

atleast if they lower it you get used to it and i dunno im kinda drunky now ... lol

i used to have a really good argument as to why it should be lowered i cant think straight now

but just LOWER the damn age !!!

over in european countries and other places in the worl dthe drinking age is lower cuz usually they have bad water so alcohol is ager than water

also if alcohol is introduced at a younger age its not such a big deal then u can know how u react and how ur body accepts it and by the time ur old enough to drive its not such a big deal and etc etc et c... i know u know what i mean ... lol

Meg L
Rating
Yeah, only because kids drink anyway. I know kids that are 13 and get so drunk they puke.

howardstern*sirius*channel*100
Only of they increase the driving license minimum age to 25. On second thought, maybe the state should just ban being 16-20....

joe_fleeman
Rating
Why?
Do alcoholics need to start younger?
Society would be MUCH better off without it.
Teenagers arent responsible enough to drink for crying out loud most adults arent either.
In 1984 the Fed Gov took in 12.3 million from the revenue of the sales of Alcohol, then turned right around and spent out 89.8 million in all the harm it causes.
Did you know an alcoholic can draw disability?
I would love to know how much money our courts get from DUI'S across the nation in just one week in fines.I used to live in a town where there were 5 rehabs in ONE BLOCK.
I moved to Fargo ND this yr to find it out is the 5th drunkest town in America.Many teens have died around this area from alcohol poisoning,.No it wasnt tainted alcohol, they just drank too much too fast.
I wish theyd make all 8th graders visit rehab and let the people there tell there story.I have YET to meet an alcoholic who when they are sober who would ever recommend drinking to anyone.In fact they always warn people to stay away from it.
The answer is no, if anything they should raise it.

fresh one
Rating
Not at all. These children nowadays are more focused on learning since all these new laws have come to pass. We should have to be only 18 to drink legally, but since its 21 that is cool.

Super Surfer
Rating
why bother?

kids will still drink, regardless of the law

Tish
It should be 18. If you can enlist and die for your country, you should be able to buy beer. End of story.

Miranda G
Rating
yes..but only becuase if we stop making such a big deal about drinking some would forget about it. When you can't do something it makes you want to do it more. So if they lowered it, like it is in Europe, maybe teens would not want to do it so bad.

Stop and Stare
Rating
no, they shouldn't because alot of ppl are abusing alcohol, especially teens. It can lead to death. I think that they should wait untill they are a mature age. (not 21) they snould raise the age if u ask me

joesgirl526
Hell No...It's bad enough that when you are old enough to drink that you can't handle your alcohol...i mean really theres no need to drink that much and then acted like an ***...

Dave W
YES, of course. 18 year olds can be shipped off to war and juveniles can be tried as adults.

OR make 21 the age to be killed in war and to be sent to prison for life without parole

Amber D
Absolutely not. Old men arent even responsible enough to drink. What makes anyone think that an 18 year old would be responsible?

whatthe!!!
Rating
I'd say lower it to 19 and increase the age to being an adult to 19.

Donna K
One word two letters just guess its common sense its not hard.......................................

Searcher
No way! Only someone under 21 probably will answer differently.

Kids who want to drink will typically have an older friend who will have access to alcohol. So, the younger the drinking age, the more likely a teen will have access to alcohol.

Why don't I support a younger drinking age? Primarily, because younger people don't have the maturity of judgment, to know their limits. It's easy to think you are sober when you are not. Kids who drink are more likely to think it's cool to get drunk, than an older person. After all, how often do you hear someone in their 40s talk about going to a party where they drank until they got wasted and laugh about it?

While I have no objection to a teen drinking under their parent's supervision, (where the parent monitors and limits their alcohol consumption), I feel that any under any other situation, you should be 21 before drinknig.

kooooool
Rating
no

Orchideye
I know that in Canada and Europe, the drinking age is lower and it works but they have a different culture. Sorta the same as to why you need to be 18 in Europe to drive.

The problem we would have in the US is that public high schools do not want students showing up drunk to school. That's why you cannot go to high school past 20--21 is the legal drinking age.

I think that instead of lowering the drinking age, parents should be teaching their children the responsibilities of consuming alcohol and their consequences. Granted, kids are going to probably drink illegally whether we like it or not. I don't think lowering the age will necessarily bring a halt to that, because kids even younger will start drinking. I've heard of 12 year olds getting wasted.

Every state actually has different standards on that. I think some states allow alcohol consumption if the underage minor is with an adult who can legally drink-- so if you're in a state that allows that you can drink a martini as long as mom or dad is around. Some states have stricter or looser standards.

Instead of changes to legislation, there should be changes in parenting. When it comes down to it, parents are the ones who should be enforcing these sorts of things, not the government. They are not parents.

misskate12001
No, but they should consider raising the age for obtaining one's driver's license.

_-*.:: ME ::.*-_
Rating
HELL YES! Even though we're in enough trouble we have with underage drinking, maybe if we lower the age limit to 18 (like most other countries) more kids might feel more responsible, besides..18 years is the legal age for someone to become independant

IJToomer
No - there are 40 year olds out there who aren't responsible enough to drink; most people younger than 21 aren't developed enough or mature enough to drink responsibly...

the_judge_mobile
Rating
It is my BELIEF that the DRINKING AGE should be the same as the VOTING age, namely 18. The logic is this: If you can decide on who leads you and that person can send you overseas to be in harm's way in defense of your country, it is ABSURD to deny such a person the right to have a beer in a foxhole.

ladyleyleybug
Rating
gawd no! they should rase it!

ayyy205
I currently wrote a persuasive essay on this topic ... i said yes.

Although i do see both sides of the topic ...

My thesis statement: Why can a legal adult die in war, but not drink a beer?

Brimstone Halo
Rating
It should be raised to 23

apple ju ju
Rating
no
older people can't even handle it=drunk driving =dead people
can't risk it for sure.

even tho kids still drink. it lessens the amount as a whole

rivasj27
Rating
No way!!

no, your not all that.
HELL NO

lv_consultant
Rating
only if they want to increase the number of teens and others killed in alcohol related accidents. medical study has shown that the human brain does not mature until around 25 years of age. this is why teens from any generation or culture are notorious for making many impulsive decisions.

children today in the US are not being raised with the proper life skills to make it in the world. giving them the legal means to self medicate would only increase problems not reduce them. our society and culture is not like that in Europe

Tigger
Rating
NO! 40 Year old adults are unable to handle their liquor.
Since they raised he legal age to consume Adult Beverages back to 21, the death rate for 18 year old Drunk Drivers has dropped dramatically!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy