Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I fat?!?!?
Im:
female
5 ft. 6 in.
145 ...

What is a good weight for 5'10?
for a girl?...

Is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds fat?
What about 5 foot 3 and 107...

Is it true that Vomiting makes you lose weight?
My friend told me that if you vomit 3 times a week the food that you eat it makes you lose weight. But i thought it makes you gain? Is this true please explain?
Additional Details

How tall are you? Please Answer?!?
I want lots of answers please :]
Additional Details
I'm 5'8 :)...

Hi im a 19 yr old male 6'4 and I want to gain 45 pounds.what foods should I eat?
I only weigh 164...

Why are all of those people in magazines and on t.v. so thin?
Not only thin people exist in our world today...we need real people to show little teenage girls how to act because they are our romodels. Those girls are a little too skinny and thats a big impact ...

I'm 5'2" and weigh about 135 lbs...?
I kind of feel overweight but most of it is muscle or in places where I know I won't be able to get rid of it... like the insides of my thighs and my butt... am I fat... or any suggestions as to ...

12, 4ft11 , and 100 lbs Do i need to lose weight?
I just want to know if I need to lose anymore weight. I use to be 123, but I lost the 23lbs, but do I need to lose, 'cause people still call me fat!!!!!...

How do i get taller?
I just turned 15 and only 5'8". i wanna grow like 2 more inches. what can i do or any ideas?? (my mom is 5'6" my dad is 6'2")
Additional Details

I have anorexia...?
i know that but no matter what i cant stop.ive had to quit school,
and home school,im 15 and im going back this coming year,i only weigh 89 pounds,i want to lose a few more but if you were my ...

How can i make my legs bigger?
I have skinny legs, and i am wearing a skirt to a party! How can i make them bigger (more muscular,& wider) in 1 week????...

Am i overwieght? im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??
im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??...

Should we exercise with an empty stomach or with a full stomach?
I'm 5'8 and 270 lbs..
I want to start running tomorrow morning.
I didn't know if I should eat cereal or something before hand.. Or just wait till I get home.
Your ...

Is it bad to make your kids eat when their not hungry?

Is 137 pounds for a 14 year old girl with height 5''7' normal or is it overwweight?

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah just tell me answers don't say I shouldn't you'd be wasting your time!
Ok so I am planing on being anorexic yeah I know "It will cause permanent damage to your body I shouldn't do that!!" I just want a yes or no answer there is nothing wrong with my mind ...

Am i fat???
ok im 13 5'1 and weight like 103-108 (huge difference depends alot like wat time i weigiht myself like if i weight right after i eat) umm i have huge lovehandles(so annoying) and a im a b ...

Am I fat???
Yesterday I heard some girls talking and they are like whispering "she is so fat" when I walked by. I don't know if they were talking about me or it was just coincidence that I was ...

What can i eat after 9:00 pm?
Im starving right now; and i KNOW its not good to eat around or after like 9PM?

So its like 2:33 AM, and im so so hungry .. is there something i can eat that wont effect me too much while ...

heydude_x
Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had them about a year!
Additional Details
I'm 5"3 and 53kg

cassie_bolding
Rating
welcome to the club baby. they won't go away, i don't know why we get them even when we aren't fat, and there is no one currently conducting a telethon or research project to fix the problem... Lotion up with cocoa butter. it helps diminish the appearance and prevent more sretch marks. and tanning will too.

I <3 sushi!
Rating
Stretch mark cream gets rid of the stretchmarks.
And also I have them too, it might be because you gained muscle too quickly or you gained or lost weight quickly so your skin stretched, also your growing and so that might be a part of it.

Shannon L
Get some Shea Coco Lotion for stretch marks. Use it now and it will probably help. As for the reason, you probably hit a growth spurt.

Mike O
you get stretch marks from growing in puberty and ask a local dermatologist for a medicine best for you

Jana W
Rating
well its not that ur fat its where ur body is growing. The coconut oil will help you alot. keep on dancing.

olympia_fireworks
Rating
Hun, I hate to break it to you, but I got stretch marks on my hips and thighs when I was 13 ... basically when I hit puberty(I wasn't fat either!)Aaaaand, sorry, but I STILL have them. I am 21 now, so after 8 years, they are very faded, but hey it's a part of life, and unfortunately, we're just a couple of those unlucky chicks who get them. There isn't really anything, short of laser surgery, that can get rid of them. You might try using those new creams though. I've seen this one at Costco that basically guarantees to fade them ... but it's like $135.

baby luv.
It's natural. Every one has them, even me and I am a health freak who is addicted to working out. It's where you are growing from like being a little kid, and your skin streches. I don't think you can get rid of them unless you get surgery or something.

Cassie D
Rating
Stretch marks aren't necessarily because you're fat. You're growing - it's as simple as that. When you grow very fast, your skin has to stretch.

Your best bet is to keep the skin moisturized. Be sure to drink plenty of water and apply lotion daily. Use a gentle soap in the shower and put on more moisturizer afterwards. Stretch marks do fade over time, but it can take a while.

~Cassie

PS - There was another question about this that I've referenced, so look there for more info.

Tinkerbell
this is normal coconut butter helps though

yea..its me
Rating
you are growing............just use cocoa butter on them and they will fade

tell'in-likeITis
i have really long legs and i have them on my inner and outer thighs. it's pretty much the elasticity in your skin tearing because of growing to fast or stretching your body in different ways like dancing.

Beth L
Ok firstly almost EVERYONE has strech marks I have them and I keep healthy! So dont worry, your not on your own! Its not that big a deal, but if you want to try and get rid of them a little I'd say that Bio oil works really well. I have tried it on mine. But I think its less of what you actually put on your skin and more about the movemet you'll be doing on your skin when you rub it in. This seems to...relax the skin. And make them less visable.
I think mostly though you should just try to love them because they are after all a part of you! ^^

ahhhlaska
you don't get rid of them they fade.
try using cocoa butter to help them fade

Trevor
I would think about consulting a dermatologist. They should be able to help you much better than anyone on Y.A.

Megan G
Hey I'm 16 and I've stretch marks since I was like 10. I'm not fat either. 135. From what I've heard you get them b/c your body matures or you get taller or whatever and your skin stretches to keep up. I have them on my inner thighs and on my hips. Cocoa butter does the trick when their coming in they should be red. Or lotion w/ vitamin E. If you've had them for a year or so there's nothing you can do about it. Usually the sun helps fade them out.

MY oWnselF
cocoa butter

proudpersian
Rating
I'm 15 and I got them around 13/14 as well.. I'm not fat either I'm bout 5"3 and 120lbs... I think the earlier you treat them the easier they are to get rid of or at least reduce.. use coco butter oil and good luck. I know how self contious they make you feel x x

edit: if they annoy you a lot.. there is lazer surgery which will definetly remove them but is obviously quite expensive.

Grace K
A LOT of people get stretch marks there. i'm 17 and i have them and i'm not fat either. i'm not really sure what causes them but most of us get them. i use cocoa butter to reduce their appearance. you can get it at any drug store and it helps a lot.

William
IT MEANS YOU ARE GROWING MY FRIEND STARTED WORKING OUT AND LATTER HE HAD STRETCH MARKS THEY SLOWLY WENT AWAY . IF YOU IN A HURRY FIND A CREAM OR SOMETHING.

Anna B
Rating
i had them at your age too. Its not really a big deal and people tend to not care about them so long as you are not fat. Ive actually had them since like that 5th grade and now im a senior in high school. some people have told me that it is just hereditary, my boyfriends brother is a personal trainer and he says that if you just work out they go away. There is this stuff walmart with cocoa butter and vitamin E for pregnant womens stretch marks. Just go in there and ask somone who works there to find it for you. Good luck! ; )

Nicc
Im 14 and i have them there too. They started off quite big but they have gone down a bit now, partly beause ive lost weigt but i think they just fade with time. i ocasionally put bio-oil on them but its not regular so i cant say for deffinate if that works. Give it a bit and they should go silver and less noticable, its all because your growing. Dont worry :)

Megan
Stretch marks don't only occur on heavy people. If you recently had a growth spurt (at 14 this is probably the case) they are normal. Cocoa butter is great for preventing, but the only lasting treatment for old stretch marks is lasers.

linda
Rating
i heard that grapes are good.. u could mash them and just put it on top (saw that on tv.. but never really did any research online)

also, u dont always have to be fat in order to get them.. when i was hmm 14 or 15, i had this friend that was SO SKINNY! she looked like she was anorexic! and amazingly she still had stretch marks!!!!!!!!! so yea it was crazy :S

dancer14
I have some too and I'm 14. I'm a dancer too and I guess they're probably just from stretching and dancing alot. My mom said you can also get them if you loose alot of weight or grow alot. My cousin is 6'4" and he grew like three inches in a year and he has strrtch marks on his back. I don't really know how to get rid of them but they'll probably go away naturally.

Danni Phantom
Rating
i have stretch marks on my outter thieghs too and im 13. i asked my mom about it and she is a nurse. she said that you have to put lotio on your legs everytime you get out of the shower. and im not fat either i do competitiive cheerleading 2 times a week 2hours a night every week of the year and im starting field hockey. she said its because you grew so fast and your skin doesnt stretch as fast as you grow. my mom said that the stretch marks will not go away completely but they will be barley noticable. i hope this helped you because i know it helped me

shaniquahgarvin_2001
Rating
try coca butter lotion

MudFrog
They are caused by tearing of the dermis, and over time can diminish but not disappear completely. Stretch marks are the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth (common in puberty) or weight gain (e.g. pregnancy). Stretch marks are generally associated with pregnancy and obesity but can also develop during rapid muscle growth from regular exercise.

Between 75% and 90% of women develop stretch marks to some degree during pregnancy. The sustained hormonal levels as a result of pregnancy usually means stretch marks may appear during the sixth or seventh month.

Only one randomised controlled study has been published which claimed to test whether oils or creams prevent the development of stretchmarks. This study found a daily application of a cream (Trofolastin) containing Centella asiatica extract, vitamin E, and collagen-elastin hydrolysates was associated with fewer stretch marks during pregnancy.[2][3] Another study, though lacking a placebo control, examined a cream (Verum) containing vitamin E, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, elastin and menthol. It was associated with fewer stretch marks during pregnancy versus no treatment.[4]

Though cocoa butter is an effective moisturizer, no research studies have shown its ability to either prevent stretchmarks, or improve their appearance once a stretchmark has already formed.

Various treatments are available for the purpose of improving the appearance of existing stretch marks, including laser treatments, dermabrasion, and prescription retinoids.[citation needed] Some cream manufacturers claim the best results are achieved on recent stretch marks; however, few studies exist to support these claims.[citation needed]

A study in the journal Dermatologic Surgery showed that radiofrequency combined with 585-nm pulsed dye laser treatment gave "good and very good" subjective improvement in stretch marks in 89.2% of 37 patients, although further studies would be required to follow up on these results. In addition, the use of a pulsed dye laser was shown to increase pigmentation in darker skinned individuals with repeated treatments.[5]

A surgical procedure for removing lower abdominal stretch marks is the tummy tuck, which removes the skin below the navel where stretch marks frequently occur.

A new modality, fractional laser resurfacing, offers a novel approach to treating striae. Using scattered pulses of light only a fraction of the scar is zapped by the laser over the course of several treatments. This creates microscopic wounds and as such is a "no downtime" procedure. The body responds to each treatment by producing new collagen and epithelium. In a 2007 clinical trial, 5-6 treatments resulted in striae improving by as much as 75 percent.[6]

sopranosweetie06
its bc of the stretching and toning from dancing. i have some as well (20yrs old) danced in HS too many jump splits i assume and things like that. cocoa butter lotion!

i ♥ chicken
Shea Coco Butter Formula for stretch marks

Aubrey
Rating
You probably got them from a growth spurt.
Put cocoa butter on them. Just go to the store and look int he lotion dept for cocoa butter. They will go away after a while.

Don't worry too much. Alot of girls get them in their teens, either on their breasts, thighs, or butt.

hawk284
Rating
You might have them because you grew too fast. My brother had them on his back because he grew really fast in highschool. You can try caffeene. Yeah they like actually sell caffeene cream now lol

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy