Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Doing the splits? is splits something you can either do or you cant?
or can you become more flexiable and then you can eventually do it, ive beign doing a lot of yogo latley thats why im intrested....

Is working out more than 3 times a week over doing it?
i do a full body workout fri/sat/sun and started adding mon/wed, is that too much????...

Am I getting fat? =[?
I'm about 5'11 and weigh around 9.5 stone.
I thought this was all grand and stuff, but my sister has come home for the summer with a medicial textbook (shes a third year medical ...

Is tea a hydrator as much as water?
I know we should all drink lots of water, but I HATE drinking it most of the time. I love iced tea and I make it with tea bags and use splenda as the sweetener. Water is best, I know, but having to ...

Am I fat?!?!?
Im:
female
5 ft. 6 in.
145 ...

What is a good weight for 5'10?
for a girl?...

Is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds fat?
What about 5 foot 3 and 107...

Is it true that Vomiting makes you lose weight?
My friend told me that if you vomit 3 times a week the food that you eat it makes you lose weight. But i thought it makes you gain? Is this true please explain?
Additional Details

How tall are you? Please Answer?!?
I want lots of answers please :]
Additional Details
I'm 5'8 :)...

Hi im a 19 yr old male 6'4 and I want to gain 45 pounds.what foods should I eat?
I only weigh 164...

Why are all of those people in magazines and on t.v. so thin?
Not only thin people exist in our world today...we need real people to show little teenage girls how to act because they are our romodels. Those girls are a little too skinny and thats a big impact ...

I'm 5'2" and weigh about 135 lbs...?
I kind of feel overweight but most of it is muscle or in places where I know I won't be able to get rid of it... like the insides of my thighs and my butt... am I fat... or any suggestions as to ...

12, 4ft11 , and 100 lbs Do i need to lose weight?
I just want to know if I need to lose anymore weight. I use to be 123, but I lost the 23lbs, but do I need to lose, 'cause people still call me fat!!!!!...

How do i get taller?
I just turned 15 and only 5'8". i wanna grow like 2 more inches. what can i do or any ideas?? (my mom is 5'6" my dad is 6'2")
Additional Details

I have anorexia...?
i know that but no matter what i cant stop.ive had to quit school,
and home school,im 15 and im going back this coming year,i only weigh 89 pounds,i want to lose a few more but if you were my ...

How can i make my legs bigger?
I have skinny legs, and i am wearing a skirt to a party! How can i make them bigger (more muscular,& wider) in 1 week????...

Am i overwieght? im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??
im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??...

Should we exercise with an empty stomach or with a full stomach?
I'm 5'8 and 270 lbs..
I want to start running tomorrow morning.
I didn't know if I should eat cereal or something before hand.. Or just wait till I get home.
Your ...

Is it bad to make your kids eat when their not hungry?

Is 137 pounds for a 14 year old girl with height 5''7' normal or is it overwweight?

Bleh S
Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im hungry, and i feed myself a little bit.

pod
Rating
are you normal weight, underweight or overweight and do you eat healthly or junk food? are you losing excessive weight?
are you sick? or take modifying apetite drugs?, laxatives? or compulsively exercise?, are you happy with your body? do you love yourself? or do you dislike the way you look.? and feel? are you bullied at school? are you trying to diet?
discuss this with your parents or sister or aunty, teacher or confide in someone about it, someone you can talk to and trust. even a good friend or best friend may be able to help.
you have to ask yourself a lot of questions and
is there a reason why you dont eat very much. try and find out!
if you are health happy and fit just try to eat little and often it is better to eat 3 to 5 much smaller snacks a day than any one meal. try a piece of fruit mid morning if you dont have breakfast, eat food you love to eat and enjoy or try something different if you are bored with the food you always eat, there are lots of different cultural foods to try from all different countries.
If you are close to your mum, or sibling sister, chat with her about it, perhaps she went through the same problems - as puberty and hormone levels may cause this.
Good luck!

Kandiii♥
Rating
You should eat something for breakfast just like an apple or something atleast.

blackbeetlewidow
yes, get help.

luckybabe7197
That's not healthy....you need to eat a little breakfast even if it's not much.

didderjiddit
I think it sounds like you have a problem.

Willie
Rating
First of all, why don't you eat? If you're hungry you should eat, but if you don't, you probably worry about your image.

gal3
Rating
i suggest you eat even if you're not hungry because it will just make you tired and unhealthy. it does sound like an eating disorder but im not a doctor.. do eat though! you need to grow strong and healthy! ! :)

dicovi
yes you do.

♪♫♪♫♪
Rating
I'm not a dietitian (sp?) or a nutritionist, but if you're eleven I do highly reccomend eating more than you're consuming daily now. I know this is the most boring thing in the world to hear, but you and I both (I'm 13) need our vitamins, calcium, minerals, blah blah blah...but we don't want to have Osteoperosis or something related in the future. If you do a lot of sports/physical activity, you DEFINATELY need to eat more, or you could have serious health problems now AND later in life.

But, don't start gorging all in one day--you'll make yourself sick. Start each day with a small bowl of cereal (I recently read in a health magazine that eating breakfast in the morning actually jumpstarts your body and makes you more alert, focused, and overall better throughout the day, otherwise your body will keep in the low-metabolic state that it recedes into when you're sleeping) and eventually start eating a little more lunch. If you feel you are full, stop eating. You don't want to stuff yourself.

I really hope this helped, but if you found it insufficient, here's a link to a site I always find helpful: Wikipedia. It's the article on eating disorders... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_disorder

If you actually read all the way down here, good for you! That already makes you a more attentive person than myself.

=)

Gilbert B
Rating
Since I started to work out I was looking for a good weight loss product. I was on a diet but I felt that I needed a little "help" so I decided to try this great product and I had fantastic results. You can check their website at
http://www.healthy-and-thin.us , they give you a free trial and you only pay $6.95 shipping and handling.

Aussiegal
food is vital for your body to function you are depriving yourself of feeling and functioning your best, food is brain power,starving yourself can lead to many health problems i've been in that boat before it's not pretty when it gets out of hand, go and get yourself a feast and enjoy it, you only live once!

Elmo4life
I am eleven also. That is how it is for me too! No you don't have an eating disorder. I skip breakfast and lunch too and i am a perfectly healthy girl (if it makes a dif i am vegitarian which means i should eat i little more to get all the vitamins and minerals i need) You'll be fine. i promise.

Zach
If you are scared you are going to get fat and that is why you dont eat then yes you do have a dissorder... but if you are just not hungry than no...

Christian C
Rating
dude..go see a docter i think you have a problem seriously...

mbsb813
You need nourishment to grow and feed your mind in order to be able to do everyday things. Go to your parents with your concerns...if you are unable to go to them, please go to your couselor at school. You may just be going through a phase, but check with a professional to be sure. Good Luck and don't wait!!

Taylor B
Rating
you sound like you're going to. EAT! life is too short to worry about such trivial things like food.

Michelle O
Rating
the people that say you need help,
are retards.

YOU ARE FINE.
FINE.
FINE.
FINE.

im the same wayy.

doubleK
Rating
Yesm or some problem. Please eat 3 meals a day, you will live longer. You don't have to HUGE amounts, but eat 3 meals....atleast!

David
Rating
yes. especially from the statement that "because [your] parents are around" that is a flag. and that you do not eat the meals at all. you should force yourself to eat atleast a snack, some piece of fruit and some little thing.

butterfliesRfree
Rating
VERY UNHEALTHY --- hope you don't loose all your teeth by the time you are 14 or have a heart attack at 15!!! Then again, they'll probably catch on to your kidneys failing by the time you are 14 and if you get hospitalized they can feed you intravenously........so don't worry!!!

bamagal100
Rating
Hey sweetie!! Listen, yeah, I'd say you are wayyy young to be thinking and worrying about these type things. No age is justified but yours especially. it's really scary to me to think that such young girls are like this. If you are eating when your parents around and are conscience of this, then yes, I'd say you are already going down the wrong path. Don't kill yourself, ok? You have the world at your feet. Don't mess up your teenage years, no matter how skinny you see girls. You will look back on these years, thinking, "why did I put so much emphasis on that stuff? why didn't I enjoy this life God gave me??" You regret more things you didn't do in life than things you did. You will regret the years ahead of you if you go down this path. You will strain relationships, feel sick, be worried all the time, become obsessive to the point of ignoring the great things Life/God is about to put before you. Just eat and enjoy. Food in moderation is GREAT! Don't be a glutton...just eat healthy overall and don't feel guilty when you splurge here and there. I am 33. I've been through all the "weight pressure" stages. Just be realistic, be healthy, keep your sanity, and think about all your blessings when other people have such limited food sources. Good luck!! Sorry.....I got on a soapbox. I saw your age and my heart fell to my stomach! :(

Luis R
One thing that will help you lose weight: diet pills. I was one of those who did not believe in them until I tried it. And I tried a few. The best product I found on the market is made with pure hoodia and it works great! You can go to
http://www.easy-fit.us and order you free trial, also you only pay $6.95 shipping and handling. Good luck!

Ben C
Yeah, it sounds like you may need to force yourself to eat at least a little something at every meal. Not eating at your age while your growing could cause a lot of problems later in life.

wowfood
Rating
i used to get like that every now and then (still do)

normally happened to me during summer. As the weather got cooler i tended to get my apetite back.

one thing i will recommend, it may be a case of you haven't been eating breakfast and lunch for so long your bodies gotten used to it, thats bad.

I'd suggest even if your not hungry atleast try to eat something perhaps a yogurt at breakfast and a banana at lunch. They aren't really filling foods, but they'll atleast give you some energy and get you back into an eating pattern.

but if the weather cools down and you follow my advice and you still find yourself not being hungry at all then perhaps you should go see a doctor.

It may also be a fact of your inactive.

tara_sheikha
Rating
no, it's just your metabolism acting up. your okay,

imthepretty1
OK - by asking the question you are considering the possibility that you do have some sort of disorder.

Anorexia is all about control - but you really can't control how your body will react to no food. You're robbing your body of fuel. Fuel to think, react, grow.

A body with no fuel will die.

Have some breakfast, some lunch, some dinner. Choose to be healthy. Talk to your parents.

JOHN
Only you can answer for sure. You clearly are not practicing good eating habits.

truspirit
Rating
i think you r damaging yourself. if u r feelin hungary u must eat.apetite,sleep and work can be varied asper your choice, either u r pre occupied at the time of meal or u have been fed regularly by nanny/mother who probably think u have grown now.Eat u must may be in small quantities.

M
Here's the thing. If you're honestly listening to your hunger, than you don't have an eating disorder. But you should be feeling hungry more often. You need to be eating more so that your body can develop properly.

You should tell your parents what's going on and ask them to take you to a doctor.

An eating disorder is when people ignore what their body is telling them and then don't eat properly. But, like I said, it sounds like you want to eat, but that you just don't feel very hungry.

Everything is probably okay, but again, tell your parents and go to a doctor just to make sure.

Brittany S
I dont know!!!
you seem like your depreesed
usually that leads to loss of appetite!!
IM no doctor!!
but you probably need to see one
or your metabolism is acting werid, and messes with your appetite!!

I think your ok for now!!
but just as long as it dosent continue

Answer God
Rating
Go see a Doctor. You have issues.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy