Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is a good weight for 5'10?
for a girl?...

Is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds fat?
What about 5 foot 3 and 107...

Is it true that Vomiting makes you lose weight?
My friend told me that if you vomit 3 times a week the food that you eat it makes you lose weight. But i thought it makes you gain? Is this true please explain?
Additional Details

How tall are you? Please Answer?!?
I want lots of answers please :]
Additional Details
I'm 5'8 :)...

Hi im a 19 yr old male 6'4 and I want to gain 45 pounds.what foods should I eat?
I only weigh 164...

Why are all of those people in magazines and on t.v. so thin?
Not only thin people exist in our world today...we need real people to show little teenage girls how to act because they are our romodels. Those girls are a little too skinny and thats a big impact ...

I'm 5'2" and weigh about 135 lbs...?
I kind of feel overweight but most of it is muscle or in places where I know I won't be able to get rid of it... like the insides of my thighs and my butt... am I fat... or any suggestions as to ...

12, 4ft11 , and 100 lbs Do i need to lose weight?
I just want to know if I need to lose anymore weight. I use to be 123, but I lost the 23lbs, but do I need to lose, 'cause people still call me fat!!!!!...

How do i get taller?
I just turned 15 and only 5'8". i wanna grow like 2 more inches. what can i do or any ideas?? (my mom is 5'6" my dad is 6'2")
Additional Details

I have anorexia...?
i know that but no matter what i cant stop.ive had to quit school,
and home school,im 15 and im going back this coming year,i only weigh 89 pounds,i want to lose a few more but if you were my ...

How can i make my legs bigger?
I have skinny legs, and i am wearing a skirt to a party! How can i make them bigger (more muscular,& wider) in 1 week????...

Am i overwieght? im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??
im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??...

Should we exercise with an empty stomach or with a full stomach?
I'm 5'8 and 270 lbs..
I want to start running tomorrow morning.
I didn't know if I should eat cereal or something before hand.. Or just wait till I get home.
Your ...

Is it bad to make your kids eat when their not hungry?

Is 137 pounds for a 14 year old girl with height 5''7' normal or is it overwweight?

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah just tell me answers don't say I shouldn't you'd be wasting your time!
Ok so I am planing on being anorexic yeah I know "It will cause permanent damage to your body I shouldn't do that!!" I just want a yes or no answer there is nothing wrong with my mind ...

Am i fat???
ok im 13 5'1 and weight like 103-108 (huge difference depends alot like wat time i weigiht myself like if i weight right after i eat) umm i have huge lovehandles(so annoying) and a im a b ...

Am I fat???
Yesterday I heard some girls talking and they are like whispering "she is so fat" when I walked by. I don't know if they were talking about me or it was just coincidence that I was ...

What can i eat after 9:00 pm?
Im starving right now; and i KNOW its not good to eat around or after like 9PM?

So its like 2:33 AM, and im so so hungry .. is there something i can eat that wont effect me too much while ...

Have you ever been on a diet?
what did you do?

how much did you lose and in what time?...

AbErCrOmBiE
I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

BANK$
As long as your cheek bones don't stick WAAAAY out. and to me thats fine

sabian404
yes, 115 would probably be perfect.

SUPERMAN
Rating
naw, u fine

jus dont go lower
try goin higher

mom of twins
Rating
It all depends on your frame but that sounds about right within 10 to 14 lbs. Don't trip out on weight and just eat right and stay active.

Astronema
Rating
You're in the normal range for you age and height, but if you would lose one pound you would be underweight.
See the following link:

gymnast 4 life
i am 13, and the same weight and height. if you eat normally i think your fine and if u exersise a lot too. but you might want to gain a few lbs.

~rocklover~
I'm 18 and weigh 100 pounds & 5'6" so I guess I would have to say yeah. We're both too thin.

rabbi0230
it depends really, find out what your body fat %, that should really tell you. A health person should have 8% or higher.

Barry DaLive
Rating
It depends on how that 100 lbs is arranged but if I was guessing(and I am because I don't have a picture) I'd say 100 lbs. is a little lean.

desertflower
Rating
You should weigh a bit more. Lucky you! 120 would be great!

alyssa
ya u r a little too thin for your age... if u gained about 20 pounds u would be good

Hi
Rating
Nope

qbanita
It sounds just a little bit underweight, but sometimes that just has to do with your metabolism being faster than other people's. As long as you eat enough and eat healthy, you're fine. If you're thin but eat good, that's fine, but if you're thin and don't feed your body the right nutrients and vitamins, THAT'S when being so thin becomes a problem.

Dandy_Lyons
I think you need a little more meat on your bones.

Nikki
a little bit..110-115 would be better.

Betten
Rating
According to the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company tables, your normal weight should be between 114 and 138 pounds. Since you are only 17 years old I would go for the low end of this chart. 114 pounds would be perfect for you. 100 pounds is much too skinny for someone who is 5' 4".

Domino's Mom
yes

♥take me away♥
Rating
i would need 2 c u in person 2 tell, more than likely, yes, i can tell bu ur weight that said

Judah[[S.P.]]
Rating
honestly, maybe 15-20 pound gain wouldnt hurt. but dont go doin all that right away. besides ur a "hottie"

crazychick
Rating
Y7es you should at least weight 120 or more. you shoould weigh 100 when u were 5''0

punkontheinside04
Rating
go to

seventeen.com
and click on "health" they have a BMI (Body mass Index) which can calculate whether you are too thin.

Maria
Rating
Not necessarily. It depends on your body frame, lifestyle and genes. I suggest you speak with your doctor.

sofia
how many kg is that?

Love&Confusion
No you are not to thin. I was that size at your age and tried my hardest (ate everything in sight) to gain weight with no success. As you age and mature, you will gain weight.

chris w
Rating
maybe 5

Katie
Rating
You are still young- I wouldnt be too worried! the best thing to do is workout and eat healthy. Eat lots of protien. Dont try to gain by eating fast food or junk- you need to keep your heart healthy as well. Lift weights- muscle weighs more than fat. But i guess it shouldnt be how much you weigh, but how you look and most importantly.... how you feel! Pilates is a great way to tone muscles.

ohio_gurl042
Rating
maybe alittle but not enough to worry about it..

veeo3
some people probably consider this quite thin, but it probably has something to do with your genetic make up.. but if you feel confortable in your body then that is what matters!

ArtsyGirl
Rating
I would say that is good for your height

bea_ker
Generally, you can not just look at height and weight to determine if you are too thin or too fat. Your body fat percentage has a lot to do with it since muscle wieghts more than fat. I know for me, being 5'5" anything under 120 is considered underweight. I assume one inch does not account for 20 lbs. When you are underwieght you are subjecting your inner organs to damage. Our outer fat layer protects us from physical harm and exterior temperatures and the fatty layers around our organs protect it from simple things like falls or sports. When you are thin your overall fatty solids are decreased and place extra pressure on your heart. Being too thin is dangerous to your body.

To clearify, I am not a medical professional, but I fought with eating disorders when I was your age until I was hospitalized at 72 lbs. Through that I have learned a lot. Now I eat a balanced diet, with the occasional endulgence, and work out regularly, now coming in at 123 lbs.

Assuming at 17, you are also looking at what the guys around you think. I had guys that I was interested in say they did not want to date me because I was too thin or they thought they would hurt/break me. Every guy I did date that really liked how skinny I was had issues of cortrol, were possessive, and insecure. The man I married has seen me weight as much as 170 lbs and loved me through everything. Just be aware of the issues guys may have when they enjoy being with a person so much smaller than them.

Overall bottom line, if you are not intentionally eating light and exercising to keep your weight down, that may just be your normal weight. However just because it is your normal does not mean it is healthy. Some peoples genetic normal is severly obese and their "normal" weight requires activities to change it. The best way to learn more is to talk with your PE teacher about measuring your body fats and visit your Dr. They can tell you so much your head will spin. Something you can do right now is measure your Body Mass Index (BMI). Do a search online for calculators and they will tell you more too.

Best of luck.

Seldom Seen
Rating
The most important question is are you medically healthy?

Does your weight stay at 100 or have you been losing weight?

You may want to speak with your parents or guardian about your weight concerns and get there opinion.

If you are medically healthy and you just want to put on some weight, make sure you do it in a healthy way with good eating habits (healthy foods) and exercise.

Talk to your parents or guardian first to get some advice from them.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy