Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I getting fat? =[?
I'm about 5'11 and weigh around 9.5 stone.
I thought this was all grand and stuff, but my sister has come home for the summer with a medicial textbook (shes a third year medical ...

Is tea a hydrator as much as water?
I know we should all drink lots of water, but I HATE drinking it most of the time. I love iced tea and I make it with tea bags and use splenda as the sweetener. Water is best, I know, but having to ...

Am I fat?!?!?
Im:
female
5 ft. 6 in.
145 ...

What is a good weight for 5'10?
for a girl?...

Is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds fat?
What about 5 foot 3 and 107...

Is it true that Vomiting makes you lose weight?
My friend told me that if you vomit 3 times a week the food that you eat it makes you lose weight. But i thought it makes you gain? Is this true please explain?
Additional Details

How tall are you? Please Answer?!?
I want lots of answers please :]
Additional Details
I'm 5'8 :)...

Hi im a 19 yr old male 6'4 and I want to gain 45 pounds.what foods should I eat?
I only weigh 164...

Why are all of those people in magazines and on t.v. so thin?
Not only thin people exist in our world today...we need real people to show little teenage girls how to act because they are our romodels. Those girls are a little too skinny and thats a big impact ...

I'm 5'2" and weigh about 135 lbs...?
I kind of feel overweight but most of it is muscle or in places where I know I won't be able to get rid of it... like the insides of my thighs and my butt... am I fat... or any suggestions as to ...

12, 4ft11 , and 100 lbs Do i need to lose weight?
I just want to know if I need to lose anymore weight. I use to be 123, but I lost the 23lbs, but do I need to lose, 'cause people still call me fat!!!!!...

How do i get taller?
I just turned 15 and only 5'8". i wanna grow like 2 more inches. what can i do or any ideas?? (my mom is 5'6" my dad is 6'2")
Additional Details

I have anorexia...?
i know that but no matter what i cant stop.ive had to quit school,
and home school,im 15 and im going back this coming year,i only weigh 89 pounds,i want to lose a few more but if you were my ...

How can i make my legs bigger?
I have skinny legs, and i am wearing a skirt to a party! How can i make them bigger (more muscular,& wider) in 1 week????...

Am i overwieght? im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??
im 5'7 and i way 103 pounds .....i feel like a fatte am i??...

Should we exercise with an empty stomach or with a full stomach?
I'm 5'8 and 270 lbs..
I want to start running tomorrow morning.
I didn't know if I should eat cereal or something before hand.. Or just wait till I get home.
Your ...

Is it bad to make your kids eat when their not hungry?

Is 137 pounds for a 14 year old girl with height 5''7' normal or is it overwweight?

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah just tell me answers don't say I shouldn't you'd be wasting your time!
Ok so I am planing on being anorexic yeah I know "It will cause permanent damage to your body I shouldn't do that!!" I just want a yes or no answer there is nothing wrong with my mind ...

Am i fat???
ok im 13 5'1 and weight like 103-108 (huge difference depends alot like wat time i weigiht myself like if i weight right after i eat) umm i have huge lovehandles(so annoying) and a im a b ...

Someone
Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?

crissy so fetch
number 20 which is healthy weight but close to underweight

emoth89
You are good, but if YOU want to gain weight beacuse YOU feel that you are too skinny, then do it.

MaleG1232
No, it sounds healthy.

Don't listen to the BMI standard. I'm 6'2/225. According to the BMI, I'm obese. If you saw me, you would see how silly that standard is.

kanditam2001
I wouldn't say its underweight, as long as you are eating healthy and getting adequate nutrition. At 15, the body is not done growing yet. As you get older, it will be harder to maintain this body weight, so don't worry about having to gain weight.

♥ hello_kitty_xoxo ♥
nope your just fine .

melissa yo.
no your fineee.
im a bit underweightt.
im 5'1 & 14 & wieghh 105.

jonesv725
Rating
Since I don't have a pic of you, I can't really say. But from my visual image, If you are 5'1" and 110, it sounds like you are on the lower end of being ok. Some people are just natrually skinny, especially if their family members are small boned or slim as well. Plus, if you are 15, you probably have another small growth spurt ahead of you before you turn 18. But if your family is not naturally slender, and your friends and family are saying that you are skinny they might be trying to gently say that they are worried about your health. Are you exercising/active? Are you eating a healthy diet? If so, then you have nothing to worry about and neither does anyone else.

Laurel
Rating
No, It isn't. I am 5'3 and 105 lbs. I used to weigh 110 and when I went to the doctor they said I was in the 50th percentile.

mister ss
you are fit and lean.

www.kitkatsblog.tk
Perfect. There's a BMI on www.seventeen.com. You check it, I'm too lazy.

Emilia
Rating
your perfect!

Oh that guy.
Rating
No, that sound right. If you're all muscle, you may be a bit skinny, but I would never call it underweight.

slick
Rating
If you feel light then it's underweight, if not then you are okay

mel
Rating
you can check your bmi at http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ but most importantly, do you think you're underweight? dont let people tell you what you are. you decide if you are underweight or not. hope this helps. =]

juz an ordinary gal :)
Rating
I don't think so. ( I hope not, I'm 16, 5'7" and 113 lbs...)

Hugo rocks
Rating
Google it.

Animedude
Rating
I think that is a good weight.
Most of my friends are 14 years old and 100 pounds

Faye
Ur fine, ur metabolism just may be slightly higher than everyone elses. I'm the same, I have a really high metabolism & weigh only like eighty pounds but I'm not anorexic or bulimic.

Mr Unknowable
Rating
Actually, that sounds almost right for your height. I had a girlfriend when I was 20 something (she was 20 something too) and she was 5'1" and she was at her best weight at 98 lbs. So that extra ten pounds for the 3/4" extra height you have right now (plus the more you will grow) is good for you.

Realistically, if other people think you are skinny, then maybe they are too fat. A lot of the actresses and models you see these days started out rather thin and grew into WOW!

Contrast with me when I was 15, I was 5'3" at 200 lbs. Now that was chubby! Now I am 6'2" at 240 (a bit paunchy) but working to change to a more healthier me.

Sincerely, if you don't see bony ribs, or sunken in shoulders or face, then that's a good sign that you are not underweight...

AHHA
Rating
nope, thats normal :D

Geri93940
No, your weight is in perfect alignment for your age, and height, even though you might appear to be on the slender side. As you mature your body will fill out more, and by the time you're 22 you'll be just the perfect size. It's simply a matter of growing a little more, and you will.

Chelsea
nope

I'm 15, 105 and 5'6

asreid14
No, you are within the average weight range for your frame.

LT07--MoXy--07LT
Rating
CHECK THIS SITE OUT IT HAS ALL YOU NEED
http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/childrens_BMI/about_childrens_BMI.htm

hasse_john
Rating
Sounds great. They are just jealous. A little thin is good, compared to American averages.

whome?
Rating
sounds just right to me

<3Cullens<3
Rating
I used to weigh 105, and I'm the same height as you. I wasn't in great need to gain weight. But I wouldn't die if I lost anymore.

♥ℓιℓмιѕѕÏ?Ñ?ιѕѕ♥
no, im 5'2 and 14- i weigh 95 pounds, ur fine

Novelie
Rating
no. you're like perfect.
im 14, 5"1 and 85 pounds.
im underweight.

Always Be Happy
Rating
Nope that is just healthy!

annalisa
Rating
That's a normal weight for your height. Your BMI is 20, which is very good. Normal range is 18-25. BMI calculator below.

So many people are overweight nowadays that often people with BMI on the low end of normal get called skinny.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy