Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 ...

Im 11 and i think im fat on my thighs (ahh) i weigh 125 wat i do?

Additional Details
plus im 5"1' and a ...

How fast can I lose 50-60 pounds?
I'm a very active person. I play tennis and volleyball after school every day along with doing 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 dance routines at night. What is the best way to lose 50-60 pounds fast? And ...

I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??...

How much should a 13 year old weigh if they are 5'1"????
It's not for me, but greatly appreciated
=]...

phatfingaz10
Do I need to loose wieght?
I know a lot of people ask this question, but I want to know (from a professional please) if I have too much body fat for my age and height. I am 15 years old and 5 feet and about 4 or 5 inches tall. I wiegh about 150 lbs. I'm not insecure about it or anything. I just want to know what I need to do to be healthier. If anyone could give me some tips or suggest a website, I would appreciate it.

jason s
Rating
Yes your a cow moooooooooooooooo

pasta326
Rating
I suggest putting down the ho-ho's and join a gym.

The Joker
Rating
yes you are, for your age you must be about 120 lbs. the most is 135 and you way more than that, especially for that height.

I'm 19 and weigh 89 lbs. I'm 5'8 too, I have to gain weight!!! you could donate some of your fat to me.

hollywood
for your age and hight you should weigh about 138-140 pds.your only 10 pounds over wieght and that,s nothing,take long walks,starteating more fruits andsalads and yogart instead of Crap food and you,ll drop that luosy 10 pds. in a moth!Good Luck,Hollywood!

Marilyn
take walks or start running and eat healthy!

Playing Nice
I think you should lose some weight.

My ideas? Try to do 200 minutes of cardio a week. Remember fat does not turn into muscle, so you need to lose your fat while putting on muscle. Work hard, but don't over 60 minutes at a time. Do planks and other abs exercises on alternate days.

On training days, do 5-10 minutes of cardio to warm up, then do your weight training. Do 30 to 60 minutes more of cardio, then go home.

The best time to eat is just after your workout within an hour when your metabolism is raging. For your muscles, incorporate some isolated soy protein or whey protein. Whey is more potent but the soy tastes better!

Don't look at your scale as the be all and end all, but get a measuring tape to check your progress, and that will show more tangible results.

Read magazines like Shape, Womens Fitness, Fitness, etc to get tips and to stay motivated.

Good luck and stick at it. This plan has lost me 20 lbs in 12 weeks so far, just go for it!

gocecigo
Rating
When I was 18 I went to the doctor to see if he thought I should lose weight because I felt like I did. I'm 4'11" and weighed 150 and he said I was okay. If anything I could lose 10 but that I wasn't at risk and didn't need to lose weight. So I really do suggest you visit your doctor. I would suggest Weight Watchers but I believe that they have an age minimum. That's the program I did to lose weight and it worked great, it's all about smaller portions, eating your fruits and veggies and drinking lots of water. If you're drinking soda I say cut that out and you'll feel better!

Liddy is Lost
You can check your body fat percentage at the site posted below. You need to put in your weight, height, wrist and forearm measurement as well as the circumference of your waist and hips. It's only an estimate, but it should give you some idea of your body fat percentage. HTH : )

custard93
just lose a little weight that way You can say that way people can beag about how much weight you lose It gets you alot of attention

?
Rating
15 years old, 5'4, 150, id say you should be at around 120. you definatley need to get on the treadmill honey, dont wanna end up 180 when your 19. just being honest

reheaded_babe
I think you answered your own question. Seek an opinion from a professional he or she can measure your BMI as well as, what bone structure or frame you have. If you don't want to go to a doctor seek the advice of your school nurse. Also, we all know what we should eat or not to eat. So if you are about to put something in your mouth that you know is bad, ask yourself if it's worth it.

larry n
Rating
bottom end of "overweight" per BMI calculation - not too bad but would benefit from shedding weight
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

bellashouseandpets
Your too young to worry about that! Your still growing. Just eat right, and get involved in some activity! Your 15!! You will grow faster that ever.

anonymous
never ever starve yourself, especially in your age. you are growing up now.
i suggest that u must
1. do a lot of exercise, like swimming, tennis, basketball, etc
2. eat more healthy food, never skip your meals, especially breakfast
3. drink more water, drink a lot of water before&after u exercise
if u have a digestive problem, drink 2-3 glass of warm water everymorning, 1 hour before u breakfast

i am just like u when i was 15 years old. i do all those steap and now i am 18 years old, and i am in my ideal weight.

good luck

Paul
google for a "BMI chart" and lookup what category you fall into.

"love"
Rating
First of all its really good that your not insecure that will help you lose weight. from reading some of the responses you got, there are some vary immature and uneducated people that answer Q's who seem to be trying to hurt you more then help you, at your age its still pretty easy to lose weight,start an exercise routine 3 times a week and try to cut out allot of sweets that always helps Good luck.

newhope_26
just stay away from fried foods do baked foods that contain less fat. Salads are good but don't use any salad dressing on it they are fatting, no matter if it is fat free.

boywonder
Rating
maybe only 10 pounds or stay that way you probly look good anyway.

mamas_grandmasboy06
Rating
sweety,150 pounds isnt bad for your age its normal but its nice to get exercise every once in a while.

no
Rating
I think people need to get real!!!!!!!!!!! what a bunch of skinnies. OK first off your prolly still growing at 15 your growth spurt generally ends at 16(unless your like me and you stopped at 8th grade).

second off just your weight really isn't always the best way to tell if your too fat cause if your also what is your bone size that makes a difference too. if your big boned you will always weigh more than a small boned girl.

I am 4'11 110 lbs and by the computer that would sound fat. to look at me no I am not fat to be honest when I get to 105 people get scared that I'm getting annorexic.
People need to get a normal look at women.

ineedanswers
Rating
No offense, but a little weight could be lost.
Here's some advice:
Drink more water.
Eat breakfast, if you don't you metabolic system doesn't really "start up"
Eat lunch
Eat dinner
When you do eat, eat moderately and have a glass of water with your meal. One glass before, one during, and one after.
If you do this you will eat less.
Walk more, it's easy and it helps.
Take vitamins.
No candy or soda.
Stuff like that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy