Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

Am I overweight I am 12,im 5'0 and i weigh 80 pounds?
I always feel sooo fat!!...

What kinds of exercises are there that don't involve a lot of sweating?
Sweat irritates my skin alot. Is there anyway for me to still do exercises without having to sweat so much?...

Do i have anorexia?
I know it sounds crazy to ask but i need help. Im 15 years old and i weight 110 pounds. I don't think i have in intentionally but i hardly ever eat. I normally eat once a day. My hair is ...

What are the chances of me getting my fathers genes?
this is a question about my metabolism. anyway my my mom has a super fast metabolism and my dad has an alright metabolism he could gain weight and still lose weight. anyways im a 16-year old male and ...

Please give me your advice...my younger sister is very overweight.?
My mom and my sister just moved back to Georgia from Alabama. My sister had a traumatic experience when she was 6 and from then gained alot of weight. She is now 15, is 5'8" and weighs ...

Doing the splits? is splits something you can either do or you cant?
or can you become more flexiable and then you can eventually do it, ive beign doing a lot of yogo latley thats why im intrested....

Is working out more than 3 times a week over doing it?
i do a full body workout fri/sat/sun and started adding mon/wed, is that too much????...

Am I getting fat? =[?
I'm about 5'11 and weigh around 9.5 stone.
I thought this was all grand and stuff, but my sister has come home for the summer with a medicial textbook (shes a third year medical ...

Is tea a hydrator as much as water?
I know we should all drink lots of water, but I HATE drinking it most of the time. I love iced tea and I make it with tea bags and use splenda as the sweetener. Water is best, I know, but having to ...

Am I fat?!?!?
Im:
female
5 ft. 6 in.
145 ...

What is a good weight for 5'10?
for a girl?...

Is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds fat?
What about 5 foot 3 and 107...

Is it true that Vomiting makes you lose weight?
My friend told me that if you vomit 3 times a week the food that you eat it makes you lose weight. But i thought it makes you gain? Is this true please explain?
Additional Details

How tall are you? Please Answer?!?
I want lots of answers please :]
Additional Details
I'm 5'8 :)...

WeveLostControl
Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet soda.. Basically, I am BINGING on diet soda. I can't stop, I don't know what is wrong with me :(. I am 5'8/ 90 pounds. I've been down to 75 pounds in the past. But now I run 13 miles a day, and drink way too much diet soda. I am getting concern about my life, but I can't seem to stop doing what I do. Am I killing myself? Can I die from overdosing on diet soda, and not eating enough? Grrr. I know stupid question but ugh.

sts s
Rating
Yes, you are killing yourself.

lynz.1988
Yes, you've got a huge issue on your hands right about now. Pop (no matter if it's diet or not) is simply not good for you. It has no basic vitamins/minerals that you body needs to actually function and contains too much sugar. The only thing keeping your body going right about now is probably the sugar from the pop (which you probably find that you end up running out of energy quickly). This also affects your metabolic rate. Since you aren't eating, your body is only slowly turning whatever junk you are intaking into energy. Your body needs an average of 1300 calories per day to properly function coming from fruits, veggies and proteins. Remember, it takes approx. 3200 calories to make up 1 lb of fat. If you were to eat properly with the right nutrition you would find that you would have more energy to do more things during the day and your metabolism would skyrocket making it easier to build muscle and keep fat off. I highly suggest you consult a doctor and/or nutritionist to change your habits.

Erika N
Rating
I feel stupid trying to answer this because i really don't know very much about nutrition and eating disorders but i still want to help. I think the running and lack of calories probably affects you more than drinking diet soda though. Your definitely making yourself really weak but other than that i'm not sure. good luck.

moinfo
To be truthful i think u have a problem mentaly. maybe u should talk to someone and get help fast. im not sayn staying in shape is a bad thing because its not. but when u are running 13 miles a day, eating only 600 calories a day, and drinking deit soda all the time. Something is wrong, and just to let u knoe deit soda is really not good for you. so i think its best to get some help.

norton g
Weve-
The answer to your question is clear to all who read your Question. You are almost helplessly moving towards death from starvation and weight loss. I went through this with a teenage daughter. Her life was saved only when she agreed to go for professional help and a period of hospitalization at Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore. Both you and your parents need to go immediately to a physician or school counselor and seek professional medical help as soon as possible. I pray you will recover as did my daughter. You can, but the power to do so is completely yours.

Ginette G
Rating
I'm glad you're seeking help. Sounds like it's working okay if you've been down to 75 lbs. At this point in your life, nothing anyone says will make you stop. I wish I could snap my fingers and make it go away for you. Maybe a stronger dose of help is what you need. Whatever it is that you're doing to control the disorder seems to not be working lately. I guess there are worse things that you could binge on. I want to know why you can't binge on healthy food, why does it HAVE to be so bad for you. Yes, diet soda is a terrible thing to live off of. My clients only have 1 per day and no running, not even 1/2 a mile. Why not switch to vitamin water or diet green tea?

Solar
Rating
yup

soda is bad for you, and you should be getting atleast 2000 calories a day

GG!
Rating
Well, u should stop drinking diet sodas, girl! Juice, water, milk, tea and other drinks is way better. The easiest way to stop drinking diet sodas is to stop slowly, u know, only take 1 a day, then 1 every 2nd day, then 1 a week... Well, whateva, u get my point!

Whatever
you are definitely not doing yourself any favors.
Honestly, diet soda is worse for you than regular, it destroys your metabolism, which is never a good thing.
I understand why you are asking this, and there is no such thing as a stupid question, but to be honest,
you should be getting help from people who actually know what they are doing, instead of asking a bunch of strangers what they think.
so, please, for your own sake, get help, and stop drinking diet soda.
Bonne chance, best of luck.

Kidd King Koopa
You can die from malnourishment... I think you should just stop drinking soda so much and switch to water or something that is not carbonated... If your having problem eating cause you have no appetite, try smoking marijuana, it is the only herb(marijuana is a plant and grows naturally which makes it NOT a drug, Tylenol is more of a drug than marijuana) Unlike cigarettes marijuana will never kill you and stimulates appetite... Some Cancer patients smoke marijuana to help stimulate appetite and settle stomachs and cures nauseousness.. Your at a dangerous weight, and should seek medical help....

Mrs. Bill Compton
Rating
Yes, you're not a healthy person. You should be around 125 pounds or more. You could get seriously hurt, and maybe even die. You need to see a doctor. Get help. More than you have because it's not working.

me and m
your need to see a psychiatrist honey.

LoveAlways
Diet soda is not good for you. Diet sodas contain aspartane, (instead of sugar) and alot of aspartane is not good for you. My uncle has weight problems, and after drinking alot of diet pops his doctor told him to cut back, because the aspartance was only decreasing his health. Some is not bad, but if you binging on diet soda, you have way too much aspartane inyour diet. There have been been cases of people loosing thier eye sight and doctors not having any idea why. When patient cut out the aspartane, they regained thier vision.
You need to start eatting healthy, and if you cant eat enough right off the bat, go to a nutritionist and get supplements that will give you the right vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy. You also need to find a support person. A friend or family member who you can talk to and who will help you start eatting right
But the sad answer is yes, you are killing youself. You can die from mal-nutrition if you dont find a way to turn your life around.

THE Cupid HATER
Rating
Call your doctor, as it sounds like you have a medical problem! And yes, you should ask about professional help!

nmantoast
Please stop dieting its worse then eating regulearly first think can some whight mabey threw mick donoalds or burgr king or wendeys.then wene you wigh normal eat health eat snacks like apples and peaunut butter.and yes you can die frome lakc of calires o no more diet soda drink reguleir soda.

cassie
Rating
you CAN and WILL die Jenny! I am SO proud of you for getting help. and I DO NOT judge you! I've struggled with the same stuff. and you know that. so what would give me the right to think you are stupid? you are willingly getting help. with a few pushes from your hubby. I was FORCED in to recovery. you have way more strength and willpower then I ever did. I PURGED in front of teachers at school. with them triyng to jump over the stall. and when they saw blood coming out-they sent me home. I went crazy trying to hold on to my eating disorder. I was forced in to wanting to get better. you chose to. and its not all from us. you WANT to get better. and yes...you fall sometimes. and you feel like you ruined everything with getting better. but you know thats your eating disorder right? you DO know that its like another person inside of you. and you are battling that...I am SO proud of you! worried-yes, but I feel that you are making good decisions. and you are on the right track. and we all have setbacks. but the ones who pick them selves up show true strength.
I am proud of you and glad that I met you. and I know that eventually you will make the decision to get an assesment @ an eating disorder treatment program. and remember that they have financial aid for most people (I know linden oaks does) and when you think about it..getting that help MAY be costly. but its a little thing in the scheme of things.

D
yeah most likely soda is bad for your bones its just as bad as having arthritis, soda = death

Jeb
You are hurting yourself in the long run. Please seek advice from your parents or a doctor if you are already a adult yourself.

kristinmazz1
Rating
OK, you've done the first step, is admitting you have a problem. What you need to do is get help. There are on-line support groups, there are local support groups, talk to a Dr. or talk to a shrink, or talk to a close friend. You sound like you want & need help. Usually when one has an eating disorder, it stems from not loving yourself on the inside & you overcompensate on the outside.

Best of luck to you, I hope that you get better & get the help that you need.

N M
Hey love!! Im in the exact same boat as you...Ive had a ed for 10 years now and drink 5 bottles of diet pepsi a day. I am 5'3'' 78 lbs and 22 years old...I know how scary and hard this can be ..sometimes Im afraid to go to sleep because I dont think Im going to wake up...If this is really bothering you you could try counsiling or even a group setting to relate to people to know your not alone.

Feel free to email me at any time ok!??

so much love and take care of yourself xoxoxo

Bamma
Bamma say write last words for service. Bamma say you die soon. Bamma say Chock full o nuts can good for ashes. Bamma say Jack say so. Bamma say you slow suicide. Bamma say family miss you. Bamma say only you can help you. Bamma say stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. Bamma expert out standing in his field. Bamma say needs water. Bamma say help self or die. Bamma say simple as that. Bamma otta know.

craziamy
Yes, youre on the way to killing yourself. Stop running, eat ice cream. GET HELP - do some serious therapy b4 it's too late. You say you are getting help - what kind? Ask your therapist these questions.

rhymingthyme96
Rating
Look
you can get your liver in a BIG problem! Im really worried about you! this has happended to me. when i was twelve years old i was te same but without the fifteen miles, i dropped to 70 pounds and i was very vey sick. this is what you do to gain muscle. eat protein like white meat and drink Ensure. Eat whole grains and lots and lots and lots of WHOLE milk. Ice cream works fine too.

Black Hat
Rating
No that isn't stupid, that is pretty serious. You should see a doctor, they will help you out with your disorder and put you on a diet.

K i d d o o o <3
First of all, no question is stupid. There are only stupid answers.
Anyways, YES, you are killing yourself. Eat something small to start, then a little more with each meal. Soon you'll be good as new. :)

I*LOVE*HUBBY
yes your dying slow

Snki55ed Princess
you might want to go see a counselor about this....eating disorders can be treated...if you're noticing that there is an issue, that's the first step to getting it resolved.

i can't just tell you to eat more, b/c it doesn't just happen like that...there's more to it....

best of luck!

jezbnme
Rating
get yourself to your doctor asap yes you are killing yourself. glad you realize that and want help. start with the pros.....the doctors. good luck

cristone_23
Rating
soda is all bad! diet or not!

Awesome
Honey, get help now!! You ar ekilling yourself by being like this!!! Get help now!!! PLEASE!!!

Rach :]
Rating
okay that guy is just sad. you don't sound hot you sound like you'ree killing yourself. as someone who has been in and out of eating disorder treatment centers for seven years (i'm 18) i totally know what youre talking about. have you ever sought out treatment before? it sounds like you have a pretty severe problem (not a compliment). youre drinking the diet soda to fill yourself up becauseyou'ree starving and your body has turned on survival mode making you obsessed with the notion of eating. You can die from not eating enough, and i assume the aspartame and acid in the soda can make your stomach feel terrible. I would suggest either nourishing yourself more (which is virtually impossible to do by yourself). Get help, it can save your life. You we're given a life, don't waste it on counting calories and obsessing over food. I know it seems impossible to get healthy, but its not the end of the world. you'd be amazed at how wonderful it feels to wake up and not be controlled by food.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy